Game-Labs Forum

Captin, we're safe! .. Are we?

Safezone...  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 100% safe, high security, zone?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many zones per nation should there be?

• I voted No above
    • one
    • two
    • more than two
  3. 3. Should the zone(s) be bigger, smaller or the same size as the current ones?

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Bigger
    • Smaller
    • Same size as current ones
  4. 4. Do you like the idea of several Security zones (High sec = no attacking possible, little reward, Low sec = attacking possible, more reward, battle is open longer)

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Did I do this?

Let me know why RUBLIs Wasas stardestroyers snapping masts in one broadside were fine. And a Requin not.

WASA isn't broken and at least has some risk. Requin is neither. Agree mod stacking breaks the game along with stern camping and alts. 

27 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Buy a T/T Endymion off the market, put basic upgrades and medium cannons on the ship - that will cost ~800k.... it will do roughly 14kn - one battle will get you 10-15 PvP Marks + cash, that is 1-2m.

ahahahahah have you ever studied maths? with basic mods on a 800k  ship is sure-death. and an endy or indef (nothing bigger be killed by a single endy) give you 10-11 marks...if you survive and if you find the target...add also the cost of reps used maybe...

30 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Please don't complain about duration of a fight, proper fights lasting an hour+ are the best and most fun ones

for your playstyle...you cannot force others to play only your way

19 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

... and this is the reason why I do not eat your crap, regardless how many times you repeat it. I recommend two rules to you Gregory R. told me when I was a Brit. long time ago: Never sail a ship you can not afford and considere the ship to be lost when you leave the habour.  Those are the best rules for this game. Do not try to equip ships you can not afford. Take a Herkules (you asked for a DLC solution) and put Basic Carpenters, Basic Hull and a Rattlesnake or Lion on, Take Mediums and Carros and you have a nice cheap PvP ship. Or take a Belle Poulet or a Frigat shopship and learn! You will sink many times but there will be a point (I do not know if you will reach it) when you will sink an oponent. If you spare all your money to equip the one supership, will will loose it fore sure in your first fight.

AMEN

7 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

ahahahahah have you ever studied maths? with basic mods on a 800k  ship is sure-death. and an endy or indef (nothing bigger be killed by a single endy) give you 10-11 marks...if you survive and if you find the target...add also the cost of reps used maybe...

Am I the only one in this entire thread capable of taking down Bellonas and above in an Endymion with no upgrades? Get Real... Especially Constitutions and Agamemnons fall like flies to basic Endymions if handled properly.

Reps can be looted from your opponent.

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Am I the only one in this entire thread capable of taking down Bellonas and above in an Endymion with no upgrades? Get Real... Especially Constitutions and Agamemnons fall like flies to basic Endymions if handled properly.

but AI? :D

8 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Also Requin can be sunk by a proper ship in proper hands.

Am I the only one here having zero fear of a Requin being on an Hercules (so insta-board-able)?

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 11:38 AM, Hethwill the Harmless said:

And some games offer no safety at all and with total gear loss, some even with rank/skill loss associated.

I wonder... I mean I just can't imagine why they pack so much popularity... *shrugs*... a couple millions of players must be masochists...

tell me one ? bonus for successful one. 

13 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Forgot.

If someone let himself sterncamped by an Endy being on a Agamennon... I smell Seal clubbing.

Ah... It's not seal clubbing if the clubber use a square rigged ship. Correct?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Forgot.

If someone let himself sterncamped by an Endy being on a Agamennon... I smell Seal clubbing.

You should take some time for yourself and leave the game for a few hours, it would do you some good.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Am I the only one here having zero fear of a Requin being on an Hercules (so insta-board-able)?

When your using your 5m Requin for easy kills around KPR think about what your actions are actually doing for the player base. Then don't be surprised when the player base is left to a handful from this forum and their alts. Certainly the average daily player count doesn't have much further to fall. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Forgot.

If it happens outside the Safe Zone and you're more skilled than your opponent then doing it in a Le Requin is no problem either.

I fear that PvP in safe zones (La Habana, Charleston, KPR) will lead to a loss of players thus leaving the game dead.

Let's bring this back on Topic and actually talk about Safe Zones.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kifli said:

tell me one ? bonus for successful one. 

Full loss ? Tarkov. Don't Escape, lose all your gear - insured items only returned to you if they are not looted and taken by an enemy. Still in development though.

So, survive and win ( don't lose ) or die, lose all the gear you took with you... and keep trying.

In truth, as long as you have a knife ( aka. in NA a basic cutter ) you can get back on your feet.

Gimme my cookie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, William Wade said:

When your using your 5m Requin for easy kills around KPR think about what your actions are actually doing for the player base. Then don't be surprised when the player base is left to a handful from this forum and their alts. Certainly the average daily player count doesn't have much further to fall. 

we are giving action to player base...as they want buying this game.

you (general) say that player need a ''safe'' PVE zone to learn how to play and game mechanics, so Rear Admr rank IS a PVP rank (cause you learned how to play)...if you stated that with PVE you learn how to play.

then, if WE kill Rear ADmiral you tell us those Rear Admr aren't PVP'ers...

have you ever thought of making peace with your brain?

i suppose you are ''mirror-climbing'' to justify your play-style PVE oriented on a PVP server...PVP, as i explained some post before, isn't only arena fights...go to Naval Action Legend, go back to Sea Trials or go to World of Warship...those are games fitted for you.

if a player have to learn how to do PVP , how the hell can he learn by doing only PVE?

2 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Because attacking another raider in enemy waters is PLAIN STUPID.

1. because, as I stated previously, a supermodded 15+ mil trinco is worth (marks wise) like a shabby one.

2. because a "fair fight" could end in any moment IF the local fleet (GB in this case) join en-masse on side or the other.

So it's plain stupid.

Good thing is that devs and admin are efficiently making all idiots to quit the game.

1 minute ago, Percival Merewether said:

If it happens outside the Safe Zone and you're more skilled than your opponent then doing it in a Le Requin is no problem either.

So if I sink 1v1 a Bucetaure (as I did) out safezone (so without reinforcement nor mates joining later) is skill.

If I do the same in safezone it's griefing/broken ship/etc... Correct?

4 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I fear that PvP in safe zones (La Habana, Charleston, KPR) will lead to a loss of players thus leaving the game dead.

When I repeated for months the same about Wasa spaceships and mast snapping I do remember almost no "Pro" agreeing. Usually main reply was defending the undefendable (like mast sniping) and «be better player». May be because they were using the same meta?

5 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Let's bring this back on Topic and actually talk about Safe Zones.

Didnt I agree that a, smaller and less economically profitable safezone (or even better a "neutral" starting safezone pvp-free) could be very good for the game?

As didnt I proposed repeatly that Requin should be 5th rate? Or that pvp marks reward should be completely rebalanced?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

so the problem is geography...

if i kill an ensign in OW it's ok , if i kill him inside Safe Zone not...

same thought lol @Licinio Chiavari

Edited by huliotkd

4 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

So if I sink 1v1 a Bucetaure (as I did) out safezone (so without reinforcement nor mates joining later) is skill.

2 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

so the problem is geography...

if i kill an ensign in OW it's ok , if i kill him inside Safe Zone not...

There we go! Now you get it 😛

By leaving the reinforcement zone you acknowledge the dangers and know that you are up for grabs.  When they lose their ship to another player they can return to the Safe Zone and rebuild.

The current Safe Zone allows little room for new players to rebuild due to constant losses - and has made a few smart veterans very rich... @Licinio Chiavari we have suggested the same solution, so why on earth do you keep defending status quo?

Make 'safe zones' safe (again?)!

14 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

By leaving the reinforcement zone you acknowledge the dangers and know that you are up for grabs.  When they lose their ship to another player they can return to the Safe Zone and rebuild.

The current Safe Zone allows little room for new players to rebuild due to constant losses - and has made a few smart veterans very rich... @Licinio Chiavari we have suggested the same solution, so why on earth do you keep defending status quo?

a) if you attack me/us about lack of skill, seal clubbing et al. we/I will reply to accusation showing off the weaknesses of your reasoning.

b) if you say: new players need a starting safezone to get safely used to the game. I would agree.

c) but if b) become a screening for rich top ranks to keep safely making cash with zero risk, I reply: they deserve to risk and better this crappy safezone than leaving Baywatchers sitting safely in their pub.

PS: be sure I would prefer to hunt out safezone: far easier and far less risky (because you always can get a bellona spawning next to you).

But you have no idea (I think) how many times I got chased... Exactly to the limit of safezone. Then chasers gave up.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
PS
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

b) if you say: new players needs a starting safezone to get safely used to the game. I would agree.

c) but if b) become a screening for rich top ranks to keep safely making cash with zero risk, I reply: they deserve to risk and better this crappy safezone than leaving Baywatchers sitting safely in their pub.

This was posted before Liq made this post.

14 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

a) if you attack me/us about lack of skill, seal clubbing et al. we/I will reply to accusation showing off the weaknesses of your reasoning.

I'm not attacking your skill - I'm adressing the problem of "PvP'ers" attacking people in the safe zone. You defending that stance by claiming that it is the only viable thing leaves me with no other option than to explain that PvP can be found elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

PS: be sure I would prefer to hunt out safezone: far easier and far less risky (because you always can get a bellona spawning next to you).

But you have no idea (I think) how many times I got chased... Exactly to the limit of safezone. Then chasers gave up.

In that case you're hunting too close to the capital - you must go to places of high activity with no safe zone in sight. Check your map for ports with high tax income, those are your tagets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percival Merewether said:

nope, i don't get it :P .

if i hunt in reinf zone i give to the prey a really big chance to receive help from friends...if i tag out of reinf he has only 2 min to receive help...again, why the hell a Rear Adm have to go out reinf zone risking his ship when all he needs is inside the proprosed ''Safe zone''?

the only way to get players out of ''safe zone'' is putting something they need to play out of ''safe zone''...

to practice the game, you can still do combat order inside reinf zone...it closes immediatly, or can wait some AI for a capital battle...you suggestion is without sense then.