Game-Labs Forum

Patch 26. Spanish Frigate Diana, BR rebalance - Diana is a timed reward.

admin

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I always pointed requin strenghts and weaknesses. Also to enemies.

As I always confirmed she is a fantastic fast boarder... Still pretty easy to counter knowing how.

You're the kind of tosser that spawn camps in a game while yelling Git Gud.

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is prime example of what @William Wade mention above....lol never done an epic but trying to tell folks how to do them.

Would love to see how some of you elite guys do them since it's so easy.  Rage board that first ship at the start of an epic and tell me how long you last....lol

We five manned the first time we did one. Interesting. Still AI even if super buffed are dumb.

I meant I never boarded an Epic event AI

2 hours ago, admin said:

Boarding max speed increased to 8 knots (previously around 4 knots). 

• speed difference between your ship and enemy ship was lowered and now cannot exceed 5 knots to board (previously it was 8 knots).
  • Both vessels must sail below 8 knots

I cannot believe that this was done. You just put one of the final nails in the coffin to this fine game. 

There was a poll that Admin never once commented on that the overwhelming result was the Le Requin was bad for the game and overpowered. So you reduce the amount of crew it can have, along with every other ship in the game, reduce the effectiveness of DD, and the nail in the coffin? Make it extremely easy for it to board now. 

How can you not understand that the Le Requin with no mods at all, just its base crew, can board any other 6th rate and easily win any boarding action? Now you just made it easier for them to board. Why didn’t you make it harder for them to board?

You May have saved 5th rate ships with this but you just made it completely impossible to sail in shallow waters.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

"Git Gud" crowd vs "Nothing Can Sink Your Ship" crowd. Both crowds are equally bad, aren't they? Well, at least git gud crowd often proves the second crowd is wrong. We do sink Requins while using normal ships, no hard feelings here. I sink Requins in PBs while using my Snow. They tried to board me of course but failed.

Think of it from a new or casual players perspective. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The point of this entire patch will be that no one in their right mind will sail anything other than a full, boarding rugged ship, DD or not. 

I never said anything about that - I was just addressing the DD being useless now question; it's certainly not. If anything it's more fair.

That does not mean that I agree with the rest of the patch, but given that I haven't tried it in action yet - I'm going to hold off for a bit. I can give you some of my own predictions so you know where I stand though:

• Safe zones will suffer be affected greatly, people will be boarded left and right (time will tell if the attack or defender will suffer the most).
  • More ships will be lost in PVE.
  • OW battles won't won't be affected during the first 20 mins, but they're more likely to end with a boarding now.

I don't know if either of the above is correct, so I'll wait with feedback apart from obvious results that can easily be deducted by looking at numbers (e.g: DD). DD is still useful.

All in all I'm not enthusiastic about the patch, but I want to try it first.

Edited by Percival Merewether
Changed my mind, suffer/affected
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, William Wade said:

Think of it from a new or casual players perspective. 

He will notice that sailing close to a ship will result in boarding like the ones before as they rammed an enemy and got boarded.

Stop using but casual/ new players....

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

New and casual players get killed by veterans. New players make fake claims and assumptions. Veterans prove these claims are fake. No matter what game mechanics, what meta, veterans will in most situations sink rookies. Is it bad? If someone has 5000 hours experience and plays better than someone with 20-50 hours experience... 

It is bad if they are camping what should be safe zones or capital ports in super ships or ships that are just plain ridiculous like the Requin. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

He will notice that sailing close to a ship will result in boarding like the ones before as they rammed an enemy and got boarded.

Stop using but casual/ new players....

True, there are hardly any new/casual players left (wonder why). Just a few and their alts. 

Edited by William Wade

The sky is falling....

But apparently the sky is falling before the pebble dropped on my head.

DD needed a nerf. Simple as that.

Hammocks of all sizes have been nerfed - requin won't have stupid amounts of crew.

Requin and herc won't be able to hug large ships and attack without issues anymore.

Do i agree the speed is a little high? Sure. Do i agree that the vector speed is possibly a little high still? Sure.

But sorry, this doom and gloom shit without actually trying it yourself is cancer and not feedback. It's nothing until you try it out. And when you try it out change how you sail and fight instead of doing the same thing, because the same thing won't work anymore.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Percival Merewether said:

We really need to stop talking about how to protect people from their own incompetence in Safe Zones with mechanics that's like going to ruin the OW. Just close the safe zones for PvP and be done with it..

Just remove PVP mark rewards from safe zones, then those who hunt there just to see their name in lights on the cartoon leader board will leave.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

There was a poll that Admin never once commented on that the overwhelming result was the Le Requin was bad for the game and overpowered.

How many answered that poll?

Were the participants randomly selected?

How valid do you reckon our polls are?

• Like 4

Just now, Intrepido said:

From 30% to 0% is not a nerf. It is killing a perk.

How? It still protects you from the real problem of a smaller ship boarding you to hold you in place. You just need to worry about having more crew than your enemy.

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

When grape gets limited to only a few broadsides the problem might disappear.

In the meantime, I see more new problems than solutions.

VN0OmcI.png

Learn it by heart take barricades and boarding axes instead of 3 stacked repair books

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Combat news is just full of 

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

Good move devs

people are still learning will take time 😉 we are used to habits :D The ones that adapt faster than other will have huge advantage at least for the moment

• Like 3

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

people are still learning will take time 😉 we are used to habits :D The ones that adapt faster than other will have huge advantage at least for the moment

Bollocks! It has nothing to do with adapting. It is already obvious what sort of damage this is going to do. More people will rage quit over the next few days than the last 2 months put together

• Like 4

I must admit I am as guilty as the next, but its amazing to me how many people forget that this is STILL an early access game and our role is to test changes (Good AND Bad) so that the Devs can get DATA....

How hard is it to sail a few days in some cheap ships and do some damn testing.

Sail some ships you dont mind losing....   Have some fun and dont worry about "Muh Pixels!' for a bit.

Jesus.  The sense of entitlement on some of these posts is ridiculous.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, William Wade said:

I'm surprised that even Licinio is even here trying to defend this change and the Trollquin on this one. That's how bad and arcadish it is. 

That's because despite his protests, this change benefits him and arseholes like him the most.

For example:

Most people (wrongly or rightly) now look at DD and see the number as useless and will swap it out for something else, meaning he will be able to board them instantly with his rage board set up. Now no doubt when he pulls a Bellona into boarding that Bellona will be able to disenagage BUT not without taking huge crew losses. All he then has to do is keep repeating the pull until he eventually wins the boarding.

"You're the kind of tosser that spawn camps in a game while yelling Git Gud."

(Also do not insult his beloved Licinio or Hethwill will stop you posting on the forums until you yield to his wishes and promise never to hurt his precious Licinio again ;) )

• Like 2