Game-Labs Forum

Safe zone PVP problem !!

Just now, Old Crusty said:

“The problem is that the Gankers don’t want to get ganked”. Really???? But it’s ok to gank others right? That’s why you go to the Capitals right? HYPOCRISY 

A single hunter is not a ganker.  If fact, he is almost always at risk of being heavily outnumbered.

• Like 3

I disagree. Simply put, there are just not enough people playing. This just wouldn't be an issue if we had 1000 people on. However, I think its wrong to try and take away zones that help new players just because the PVP is slim. You dont need to sacrifice the new player base just so a few pvp players can have a few more kills. The lack of PVP is due to a VERY small player base....NOT because the zones are set up wrong.

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

We should be attacking ALL players we see (providing the sailing profiles allow it) instead of limit our targets to those we deem to be easier.

That's the root of the issue.  If im in a Herc and another hunter is in a Xebec, why even try? 

1 minute ago, Oberon74 said:

A single hunter is not a ganker.  If fact, he is almost always at risk of being heavily outnumbered.

Might want to look up the definition of a "ganker" sir

"It is a word commonly used in online video games, usually used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of characters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player below his or her own level"

A single person can definitely be a "ganker"
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

However, I think its wrong to try and take away zones that help new players just because the PVP is slim. You dont need to sacrifice the new player base just so a few pvp players can have a few more kills.

I agree that the green zones should be safer for noobs and carebears.  But while the hunting is good (and the patrol zone is toxic), that's where the game is.

9 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

“The problem is that the Gankers don’t want to get ganked”. Really???? But it’s ok to gank others right? That’s why you go to the Capitals right? HYPOCRISY 

“The problem is that the Gankers don’t want to get ganked” are your words btw, get real.. I often sail solo or duo due to the fact I dont like ganking, and if i see a 1v1 with fairly equal BR which is not in my nation or a guy I know calling for help i dont intervene with it, simple as that. And you know what? I rarely go to capitals because I know for the fact that the enemy will have a revenge fleet of 3 times the numbers which most probably are fir fir with force mods..

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

A single person can definitely be a "ganker"

Fair enough...I'm old and don't follow the urban dictionary.  To be fair though, you don't know what you're tagging till you get into the battle instance......and since you're there now.....

15 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Every day in combat news you see people from several different Nations “Sank US player outside Charleston”. Sometimes it is US player sank xxx outside of Charleston.  What you don’t ever see in combat news is any player from any of those Nations sinking another player from one of those Nations along the Florida coast where they all have outposts. And here in the forums they complain because of lack of PvP opportunity. They see each other every day and ignore each other. They go to the US Capital and then complain about the “Reinforcement zone”.

They are 100% pure trash ganker

Edited by Eskiwit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

That is just ONE scenario, I see as many Hercs out there as I do Requins. I also see Endymions, Bellonas, Pirate Frigates, Belle Poules and many others

Yeah, im happy to fight another Herc.  Won a few, lost a few.  Other 5th rates...with pleasure!  Except an Indef...I'm intimidated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wyy said:

I often sail solo or duo due to the fact I dont like ganking, and if i see a 1v1 with fairly equal BR which is not in my nation or a guy I know calling for help i dont intervene with it, simple as that. 

That's a good point, When I go out or I go out with Merewether we make it a principle not to join any PvP battle in which we would dramatically unbalance the sides. If it's a 1v1 of fairly equal BR then we will sail on past. If we join, we will join on whichever side has the lower BR to even the fight up (unless us joining wouldn't make a dent in the BR deficit, in which case we casually sail away pretending we see something interesting on the horizon) but we wouldn't join a "gank in progress", it's just not fun.

And I think that's one of the biggest issues with the general mentality of the current player base. 

"Everyone ganks so I might as well gank"

• Like 1

There is no such thing as ganking.

It's just OW warfare and who you find/meet. You make choices when battle is joined anď you can see your enemy

When 3 or 4 of us are in a battle against 12 ships we still get called gankers. 

Gankers are just the attackers or winners now. Everyone who loses was ganked!!!

The sad fact is the PvP rewards in this game are driving players for easy kills rather than good combat.

Sharks will stay away from shore while they have food in the open sea. Once that food is scarce they will come to shore more.

With a population of 500, food is scarce.

7 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Yeah, im happy to fight another Herc.  Won a few, lost a few.  Other 5th rates...with pleasure!  Except an Indef...I'm intimidated.

Yeah Indefs can be scary, especially if you are running a carro set up :D

But even then you should tag and assess the situation ;)

Edited by NethrosDefectus

1 minute ago, Old Crusty said:

A single hunter in Le Requirement that attacks a newbie in a Mercury is most certainly a ganker.

You don't know the rank or skill of a player until you have joined him in battle.

The games PvP points system encourages you to then sink him. You should be able to let him go but then you get nothing for hours of sailing. Its a bad game mechanic imho.

Le Sexy or any other ship has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

A single hunter in Le Requirement that attacks a newbie in a Mercury is most certainly a ganker.

So it would seem.  Bear in mind though that hunters in the green zone accept high risk to operate there.  Its up to the local defence force to help make their green zone safe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Aside @Crow's fair words, attacking an Indef or an Agamennon with a R.Adm. on board is ganking/sealclubbing? Because hunters in proposed situation are called sealclubbers and gankers... Even if then a couple dozens of Baywatchers join the defender around attacker.

And then, when the Requin does the miracle of disengaging thanks to a mix of speed, tactic and utter crappy enemy gunnery is then called "coward". From people NEVER seen alone NOR outside safezone.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Crow said:

You don't know the rank or skill of a player until you have joined him in battle.

The games PvP points system encourages you to then sink him. You should be able to let him go but then you get nothing for hours of sailing. Its a bad game mechanic imho.

Le Sexy or any other ship has nothing to do with it.

I feel that once I've tagged someone, I have to make the kill.  I put a lot of effort into getting there.  Would I let him go if I still got the rewards?  probably if I knew hes low rank (what about alts?? hmmm?).  A Rear Admiral in 4 TBrigs?  All must die.

• Like 1

The issue is not the safe zones.  I'd even suggest the zones are not safe enough and new players constantly getting their AI battles jumped is an even bigger reason why so few stick around in the game.  

The real issue is twofold

1 - We don't have a sustainable population.  We have a large map with a lot of areas on the map where you won't see a single player for days.  This is a PVP game.  You need players to kill.  Where are the players?  Capitals.  If the game had 1000-1500 players on at a time the water would be much more crowded and safe zone ganking would be a suicide mission.  Also with more players clans would be competing over more player owned ports and it would naturally spread more players on the map.  

2 - Lack of content that forces players out of the zone.  Players can pretty much do everything inside the safe zones EXCEPT craft gold and purp ships.  Which was a recent change.  There are no mechanics or missions that really take them anywhere outside the zones.  If you're not an RVR player or a PVPer with outposts on the map you really have no reason to leave.  Casuals don't leave the zones  - PVPers want to  hunt - Lots of players in zones.  

So TLDR - We need more people and more content.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

You mean for each nation?  I still think that some nations having more than one green zone is excessive.

Of course not. Singe neutral PvE zone (pointing Gulf of Mexico :) ).  West Carebearian Company land.

Players can choose their allegiance later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Assassin said:
I have chat /talked to many players in the game and I would say 99% don't like the way it is to day.

Let's imagine that the total accounts on the Caribbean server are about 40k. And I have a question.

How many players did you interview?

When i was not so lazy as now I made research

Short version :D

Clerk said about 73 players at 29-07-2017. And @admin said about 2165 unique logins. So 3.3%  (73/2165) players was mentioned in combat news.

P.S.

Each player must create topic about green zone.

There are recent topics about green zone:

Are they not enough?

BTW i want to give a free tip. If you want your proposal to be more priority, you must be a sheep. :D

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Christendom said:

2 - Lack of content that forces players out of the zone.  Players can pretty much do everything inside the safe zones EXCEPT craft gold and purp ships.  Which was a recent change.  There are no mechanics or missions that really take them anywhere outside the zones.  If you're not an RVR player or a PVPer with outposts on the map you really have no reason to leave.  Casuals don't leave the zones  - PVPers want to  hunt - Lots of players in zones.  

Forcing is a wrong move what we need is something shiny outside too lure people out two examples:

1.)Shipwrecks: instead of Sealed bottles ship wrecks should be randomly placed around the map so when wreck its looted id reapears on random location after maitanence so people sailing outside, can spot her and location is logged on map if you check its loot so you can jump home to get a trader, but untill shipwreck is looted everyone can spot it visualy. in my opinion this will make people roam open waters and actualy look around and not afk sailing and fishing while doing chores, showering,...

1.)Abondned ship this one should be rare compared to shipwreck sometimes you could find heavy damaged ship that still floats you could then capture her and tow her into port