Game-Labs Forum

Safe Zone Suggestion

Dear developers, 

Want to make a suggestion about the safe zones.

There is no doubt that we need safes zone for new players. They simply need space and time to get into the game. However current huge safe zones around capitals do not provide that protection completely. They are still the main target for many players as a source for easy pvp marks. 

I would suggest creating a separate, neutral zone in the Gulf of Mexico, completely protected from PvP with basically ⅓ economy production to avoid economic exploit. This zone was never popular even when we had 1500 + players. Rarely anyone sails there and by map composition already serve as a very safe zone for French nation only. 

1978955411_SafeZzone.thumb.png.d2951ecd75f8d20615c60c79ff646ef9.png

Players start the game without pledging allegiance to any nation. They play, enjoy PvE content, learn and later on decide about their nation if they want to experience the next level. 

That being suggested you can put limits on how many ships we can dock on certain ports based on their size (importance). Not every port have the same size harbour. That way we can diversify strategic importance of ports even further, capitals having the biggest harbour.

Regards,

Elias

Edited by Ellias
  • Like 4

Neutral. I like it and dislike it at the same time.

As long as ships can be towed from a safe zone to anywhere, especially across the map ), the safety of doing economics safe is a higher calling than having to risk a traverse in the open sea. So end product, ship of the line extraordinaire can be produced in said safe area and then towed.

5 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Neutral. I like it and dislike it at the same time.

As long as ships can be towed from a safe zone to anywhere, especially across the map ), the safety of doing economics safe is a higher calling than having to risk a traverse in the open sea. So end product, ship of the line extraordinaire can be produced in said safe area and then towed.

Economic exploit can be solved, tuned any time. For now, allowing only 3/5 ships without any refit bonus is enough. Having 1/3 of normal resource production and 1/4 trade goods spawn, no strategic resource availability should prevent it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flinch said:

This idea works if the economic potiential is garbage.

Exactly.

Want to have better ships, more resources, better goodies, better reward ratio per time? Come to PvP zone baby!

Safe zones aren't huge in comparison to the size of the map.  Bring back the heavy reinforcements and the baby seals will be safe.  I totally agree that better ships should only be built outside the safe zones...which is kinda what we have now.

Though I think they should tone it down a bit, I did very much like this and merging the servers so there is one server and they only have to work on content for that one server until the game goes live, than they can add more servers.

I would go with French and Spanish being the PvE friendly nations.   Give GB and US a small zone around the capital, but make all other nations hard core with only reienforment zones.  Than the last are the impossible modes with the three nations without ports (they really should be dropped and mechanics used for pirates).

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

I like the idea of a safe zone except the biggest IMO key to a new player becoming a regular player is him becoming involved in the community. New players stuck out of sight somewhere will not facilitate this. I know I learned the game by sailing with more experienced players not to mention the significant help in ships and materials that a clan or friendly players provided.

How can we provide some growing room for newbies and still allow the community to nurture them along?

30 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I like the idea of a safe zone except the biggest IMO key to a new player becoming a regular player is him becoming involved in the community. New players stuck out of sight somewhere will not facilitate this. I know I learned the game by sailing with more experienced players not to mention the significant help in ships and materials that a clan or friendly players provided.

How can we provide some growing room for newbies and still allow the community to nurture them along?

Neutral zone is part of the map, that is the key here. Want to join the fun right away, have friends, clan whatever, just sail out to them. Nothing is locking you there.  

@Farrago I disagree. Whole idea is to let them taste the game in first few houndred hours, learn basic combat, trade etc.

In the learning proccess getting ganked, and losing ships with goods, even the cannons, is devastating. Cause rage quits, negative feedbacks etc.

I remember having my first renomee, struggling to find money to put cannons on it. When I have my ship ready, being so happy I attacked the ai ship. In middle of fight enemy player saluted me in his hermione, I was struggling even against the ai! Yes I lost it all. Hours of grind lost in a minute. This is really a stupid game design. 

Yes remove the greenzone, fuck the stupid ai reinforcement ships, please remove them.

But let all the pvp battles stay open. After 10 minutes let joiners join far away, after 20 min. even further away . Close it after 30 min. How about this? 

Edited by AeRoTR

4 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

@Farrago 

But let all the pvp battles stay open. After 10 minutes let joiners join far away, after 20 min. even further away . Close it after 30 min. How about this? 

I like this idea! after the tag the circle in open sea keep grinding, and player who join battle appear in battle in the each circle

Simple solution.

Get rid of safe zone completely. 

No safe zone anywhere.

Then:

Remove PvP marks, gold and exp for any ship sunk in a mission except the AI by initiator.

Newbs and people wishing to do missions will be safe. 

Except travelling in OW which should always carry risk.

3 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

This x1000

#makepirateshardcoreagain #movepiratecapital #nopiratesafezones

They can make Mort a neutral port like how Pitt's use to be/Free Town that every one can use, in fact that whole region could be such.  Though I would honestly give the pirates Kidd's island as a capital but no safe zones around it.  Pirates shouldn't be picked at chargen either, you should become pirate in game like it use to be.

And lets say you don't want to be a pirate any more?  Than you use your forge papers to switch to a nation or just delete your char and make a new one.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

3 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

Simple solution.

Get rid of safe zone completely. 

No safe zone anywhere.

Then:

Remove PvP marks, gold and exp for any ship sunk in a mission except the AI by initiator.

Newbs and people wishing to do missions will be safe. 

Except travelling in OW which should always carry risk.

No remove safe zones you kill the game.  In fact we actually need more true safe zones around the three easy nations capitals regions:  US, Spain and French.  Hell toss GB in there too.  The rest of the nations are suppose to be hard mode any way so they don't need them.