Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

34 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

- Two days ago, my mate Huliotkd got ganked and raped very fast in GB safe zone by 4 Princes.

Was not 4 princes ;) ( if it is the situation you describe )

Was 1 privateer and 1 prince on his heels, two in the rotation perch ( wind ) some 500m to the wings. The Russian Empire frigates were going downwind chased by the GB frigates.

He wasn't going anywhere. His choice of going to the fort wouldn't be the one i'd choose though.

Prinzapolka - GB xebec sunk by 1 privateer and 1 prince. Was tough build but went down. Wind was offshore.

Batabano - spanish xebec sunk by 2 princes. Was not inside myself but xebec was bracketed ( very air combat simulator )

etc ( a lot of xebecs fall to 1 privateer 1 prince combo )

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

its another issue normaly requin is boarding fitted while surprise captain normaly at best has marines only

there is one strong tool against any xebec "boarding axes"....

We all know the xebec meta ppk (push pull kill) if certain to encounter a  xebec which is at kpr - equip it its a cheap pve mark book

First round

Use defend in first round. (he might use fire deck guns or muskets as fast response or will wait for last sec) If he does a last sec command the xebec captain might even use attack. So never use grenades or brace....

2nd round (last round)

In order to secure the kill he HAS to use attack. So if your prep is high you can do a last sec defend. Even If fires guns or whatever he can only kill crew but not win because to win he has to attack

3rd round is disengage

if you command a big ship (its unlikely that your guns will hit and dmg the xebec due to height) So better load grape  while in round 1 in boarding and shoot. Reverse (if pushed into the wind) get distance in the 60sec he is unable to board again

If you command a ship with low gunports shoot double or ball give him  hell and get distance.

Distance to xebec is key

But ofc coming to the forum and whinning is much easier ..... (last sentence not at you @Lovec1990)

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I boarded a fully preped 100moral  fully crewed aga with my prince 188 crew at 75% moral and survived.... I was outnumbered 3 to 1

A surprise captain vs a xebec is only outnumbered 1,5 to 1......

99% of Captains have simply no clues about boarding.
I already wrote that adding a more insight on it, rebalancing it a bit and adding it more to tutorial could be useful.

Rebalancing STILL it has to remain as it is: the most realistic in game feature:

A better lead (better player experience), better trained (books&marines), better equipped (books again) crew will keep overpowering even a bit bigger crew but with inferior leadership, experience, training and equipment, during a boarding.

3 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Was not 4 princes ;) ( if it is the situation you describe )

Was 1 privateer and 1 prince on his heels, two in the rotation perch ( wind ) some 500m to the wings. The Russian Empire frigates were going downwind chased by the GB frigates.

He wasn't going anywhere. His choice of going to the fort wouldn't be the one i'd choose though.

Prinzapolka - GB xebec sunk by 1 privateer and 1 prince. Was tough build but went down. Wind was offshore.

Batabano - spanish xebec sunk by 2 princes. Was not inside myself but xebec was bracketed ( very air combat simulator )

etc ( a lot of xebecs fall to 1 privateer 1 prince combo )

Good to know. I was not there and it was reported to me by another clanmember.

Moreover you're underlining my point. Thank you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

there is one strong tool against any xebec "boarding axes"....

We all know the xebec meta ppk (push pull kill) if certain to encounter a  xebec which is at kpr equip it

First round

Use defend in first round. (he might use fire deck guns or muskets as fast response or will wait for last sec) If he does a last sec command the xebec captain might even use attack. So never use grenades or brace....

2nd round (last round)

In order to secure the kill he HAS to use attack. So if your prep is high you can do a last sec defend. Even If fires guns or whatever he can only kill crew but not win because to win he has to attack

3rd round is disengage

if you command a big ship (its unlikely that your guns will hit and dmg the xebec due to height) So better load grape  while in round 1 in boarding and shoot. Reverse (if pushed into the wind) get distance in the 60sec he is unable to board again

If you command a ship with low gunports shoot double or ball give him  hell and get distance.

Distance to xebec is key

Perfect guide "How to save your ship from a boarder".

But you know. They should drop a couple (using Barricade too: useful to survive a couple rounds on a far inferior crew ship) shiny super books.

So how in the hell they will be ever able to sail without capped repairing, aiming, reload and speed?

IMPOSSIBLE!

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

But you know. They should drop a couple (using Barricade too: useful to survive a couple rounds on a far inferior crew ship) shiny super books.

So how in the hell they will be ever able to sail without capped repairing, aiming, reload and speed?

IMPOSSIBLE!

see this is an issue too players expect no boarding so they do not put any skills on boarding

4 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

IMPOSSIBLE!

ofc barricades and marines increase chances to survive aaaaaaaaaaa lot but lets be honest who will take 3 boarding mods when he actual doesnt want to play the boarding game.

1 mod (boarding axes) is more likely to happen and increases safety a lot  against xebecs

Edited by z4ys

2 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

A lot of us expect to have already lost if it comes to boarding. 

It is a cruel reality :(  ( will disagree with Z. No axes gona save your bacon versus Miyamoto Musashi and other 4 slots )

Better plan ahead. Xebec can no longer carry force to push a bellona, frigate, etc. Only the captain allows.

Deny the enemy their strength. IF they are forced into a hasty retreat due to gunnery, so be it. Can't chase, let them go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

see this is an issue too players expect no boarding so they do not put any skills on boarding

Correct. 99% doesnt expect a boarding, 90% has no clues about it. The funny part is that a Requin will be ALWAYS a full boarder: so you'll have not to guess the fitting/playing style, it's already stated by the ship herself.

Yesterday I got a duel against an Agamennon. I got the [G] while sterncamping when he was still at 400 crew. I decide to give a try to the boarding... and won (it was a damn long and bloody work).

He said that it was a duel so... a GUNNERY duel and he was not especting a boarding.

Both parts of this short story confirm the points.

2 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

It is a cruel reality :(  ( will disagree with Z. No axes gona save your bacon versus Miyamoto Musashi and other 4 slots )

with average in mind it will. But elite mods/books will always ruin your day

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Get a couple of books for it.

Ask some suggestions.

Use boarding.

Get better at it.

Isnt the same way for any combat technique in this game?

The point is that boarding is the final stage of a loss, not a goal.  If they're boarding you they've already got the advantage and are finishing you - either having more crew to begin with, stacked with mods, or having graped your crew down.  So...a lot of people won't put on boarding mods/knowledge because they don't want to get to that point.  They don't want to put on mods/knowledge they'll only use in the process of losing, when they can put on ones they hope will keep them out of that situation. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

@Lovec1990

I'm just a player / tester in a pre-released game, the solution must be found by the developers not by me. I hope they have a clear idea of what they want from their game. I will be happy to buy any DLC that is not a PtW DLC, I will do it to support the game and development (currently I bought admiralty and hercules). I hope they will sell paints and flags and I will be happy to buy them both!
To clarify, I think that even the hercules is OP even if not as the requin, should be fixed too!
@Palatinose
I just can not make myself understood, my fault certainly!
My concern is not for me personally (never been sunk or boarded by a requin), what you should understand is that the new players and those who return to the game after a few months of absence and even those who will never learn, continually complain about how this requin is broken (and indeed it is)!
They do not accept to be defeated with the methods that I said in previous posts (chain, push, board, kill) in a few minutes. There is no fun in this (apart from the pro @Licinio Chiavari that has fun always and only in the same way!).
Why these captains never complained about your sinking when you came to KPR in pirate frigate or Bellona or Trinco? Have you ever asked it to yourself?
You offered a "fulfilling" experience even to those who you defeated, there were people who would face you to learn from you (I remember three duels I lost with you). 

What's satisfying in the battles with the requin now? NOTHING!
Here is the difference! I hope I have been more clear now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

The point is that boarding is the final stage of a loss, not a goal.  If they're boarding you they've already got the advantage and are finishing you - either having more crew to begin with, stacked with mods, or having graped your crew down.  So...a lot of people won't put on boarding mods/knowledge because they don't want to get to that point.  They don't want to put on mods/knowledge they'll only use in the process of losing, when they can put on ones they hope will keep them out of that situation. 

Negative. Hercules is considered a fast prey for Requins: no Determined Defender, already a good crew edge (let's say 3:2 - more than sufficient to overcome a not prepared nor geared crew).

Therefore a Requin will aim to insta-boarding it.

This means she'll get for sure one full broadside in her. Then, if Hercules is unable to use the push to tack and run on the other side, there'll be aboarding. That Hercules can end safely in 2 rounds being prepped, with Axes and Barricades.

Then Hercules will fire a second full side to side broadside... and Requin will be already without a side and some structure damage too.

I can assure that Requin will be giving up... because he'll know that he has to do it all over again and get another couple broadsides. And all the same will go after repairing.

Only solution would be stern camping the Hercules to then board with a huge crew edge... that's impossible on a Requin: Hercules turns better.

Just now, MassimoSud said:

@Lovec1990

I'm just a player / tester in a pre-released game, the solution must be found by the developers not by me. I hope they have a clear idea of what they want from their game. I will be happy to buy any DLC that is not a PtW DLC, I will do it to support the game and development (currently I bought admiralty and hercules). I hope they will sell paints and flags and I will be happy to buy them both!
To clarify, I think that even the hercules is OP even if not as the requin, should be fixed too!

Herc should be more glass cannon fast as she is now with same firepower but nerf Armor HP and thickness small fast ship weak armor. but topic is Requin

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Negative. Hercules is considered a fast prey for Requins: no Determined Defender, already a good crew edge (let's say 3:2 - more than sufficient to overcome a not prepared nor geared crew).

I'm not talking about either of those ships in particular.  (I don't have them)  I'm just talking about how players often do not using boarding mods/knowledge in general.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

4 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

They do not accept to be defeated with the methods that I said in previous posts (chain, push, board, kill) in a few minutes. There is no fun in this (apart from the pro @Licinio Chiavari that has fun always and only in the same way!).
Why these captains never complained about your sinking when you came to KPR in pirate frigate or Bellona or Trinco? Have you ever asked it to yourself?
You offered a "fulfilling" experience even to those who you defeated, there were people who would face you to learn from you (I remember three duels I lost with you). 

I do not accept Bellonas being running at 14+/15+ kts.
I do not accept mast sniping.
Etc... So?

If you (in general, not you personally) dont learn after being boarded and sunk 3+ times from the same requin in the same way... you'd not learn nothing even with with enemy explaining you every manouver and counter, minute by minute.

PS: honestly the most "fun" part is being able to kill a prey (usually the "smart" alone upwind) and then being able to dodge a dozen bigger ships trying to kill you.

2 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I'm not talking about either of those ships in particular.  (I don't have them)  I'm just talking about how players often do not using boarding mods/knowledge in general.

Same as Hercules goes with any small 5th rate (like Surprise).

On bigger 5th and 4th. Use Determined Defender, run with the wind... may be Requin will try a push after sterncamping you.
The reply with Barricade+Boarding Axes will be always the same.

The bigger your are, the more Requin will be damaged every broadside, the less chances to try for you he'll have.

Only differences on bigger ship from Hercules example:

- you'll not be able to follow the boarding push to tack

- requin will usually need to work your sails too missing sufficient push to turn you from running with the wind.
You'll never get hull damage: use your sail repairs wisely. Do not repair hull to close your stern. Requin like any sterncamper will simply switch one time to ball to reopen it.

- requin will sterncamp until 4:3 crew ratios (out of DD protection). Use rum wisely.
The bigger you are, the longer time for Requin, the more chances to get damaged... too much and have to retreat.

It works.