Game-Labs Forum

So I am sure that some will  say this legit tatic but I think its abuse of the mechanic. tonight we set san Augustine and in every hostility mission we fougth the usa player base joined in small ships and kept a few of the guys tagged on their mast for full duration of the battle. no intention of fighting just intention of wasting everyones time and trying to outrun the clock. perhaps hostility missions need to be like the pvp circles with a ever enclosing circle? that would fix this problem and shouldn't take to much work. 

it took us over 3 hours to do the hostility because of this. Grinding the port is bad enough without the greifing. pls fix this soon devs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Retrin said:

While I agree the tactic is or can be annoying ... taking a few smaller ships to make a mixed fleet would help fix the issue. Support vessels .. 

it was done. but still required a few people sitting in for full hour and half being kited. needs to be fixed that simple. 

You don't HAVE to do hostility in 1st rates now, but you choose to.  So don't and come chase us in 5th rates.  I mean you only have 12 1st rates out there.  Do you expect the US to really counter that?

Any further ports that you attack we will continue our stalling and delaying tactics to protect the US coast line with fast, cheap and replaceable ships.  Don't like it, go elsewhere.  It's a free map after all.

• Like 3

Did we  even go into the first one?  I know we can flip them in two missions with big ships.  Sounds more like they did the first agro and Than waited to the last minute to top it off only to have folks join to slow them down. 

We also bring mix fleets not just 1st rates.

I mean t all ee been hit by three nations this week still in last place but every one thinks ok to take our ports instead of fighting each other and you wonder why we pull out new tricks to try to stop a flip?

this is wh no one likes KOC and his group. They still flip the port and cry.

maybe we should do an octoflip on the French since they are so bored?

And just for the record we aren’t complying about the fights as it was expected from the Prussians for the empty attack and the GB who didn’t want to defend there shallows,  but the French are just being cowards going for the throat while we are knocked on the ground and trying to get back up.  

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Kiting was always a cancer of this game and it never brings anything good. Waste of time, no fun, annoyance, dramas, argues. Pure griefing without breaking any in-game rules.

But see thy stopped took a break and than try to pop it closer to the later time of the window and that was the battles we keep them in for the whole timer.  If they just came in did the missions and be done they would of had it flip before we could get ships out there.  They where trying to draw us out into a fight when we didn’t have the numbers of decent rat d players to attack them without loosing all the ships as normal.  Guys are tired of trying to stop SOL to only all get sunk.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

But see thy stopped took a break and than try to pop it closer to the later time of the window and that was the battles we keep them in for the whole timer.  If they just came in did the missions and be done they would of had it flip before we could get ships out there.  They where trying to draw us out into a fight when we didn’t have the numbers of decent rat d players to attack them without loosing all the ships as normal.  Guys are tired of trying to stop SOL to only all get sunk.

I mean considering you weren't there I'm not sure how you got this info. We pulled and completed one mission with 10 first rates raising the hostility to 25% We repaired at port and headed back. On our way we ran in to 6 or so brits and spent about 30-40 mins killing them. We then proceeded to get griefed trying to complete the next 3 missions that took us over 2 hours thanks to the 5th rates keeping us tagged. The pb timer would have been earlier if not for the US players. Took us almost the entire duration of the PB window to flip that port.

7 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

So I am sure that some will  say this legit tatic but I think its abuse of the mechanic. tonight we set san Augustine and in every hostility mission we fougth the usa player base joined in small ships and kept a few of the guys tagged on their mast for full duration of the battle. no intention of fighting just intention of wasting everyones time and trying to outrun the clock. perhaps hostility missions need to be like the pvp circles with a ever enclosing circle? that would fix this problem and shouldn't take to much work. 

it took us over 3 hours to do the hostility because of this. Grinding the port is bad enough without the greifing. pls fix this soon devs. 

It seems not a griefing, rather a hit and run kiting guerrilla in order to achieve a tactic result in the battle.

If taking advantage of timezones is legit, than why this combat tactic should not?

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I mean t all ee been hit by three nations this week still in last place but every one thinks ok to take our ports instead of fighting each other

That's because you keep starting fights with everyone.

It's like hitting a man with a herring and complaining when he hits you with a shark.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

That's because you keep starting fights with everyone.

It's like hitting a man with a herring and complaining when he hits you with a shark.

I believe both France and Prussia started fights with the US by attacking their coast a couple months ago.  Unprovoked.  So there’s that.  We’ll own attacking GB.  But let’s stop pretending that the ports you own on the east coast weren’t gotten because of midday timer hello kitty ups by incompetent clans.   

But I mean if you 3 want to all go after the last place team at once, be my guest.  Take all our ports.  At some point you’ll get tired of paying for them and our evening timers and we can just mosey back in and retake them.

I find it curious that instead of attacking Prussia, who took your money port down in the Bahamas you choose to go after useless US ports because their easier.  Seems like we’re the hot new place to find PVP, but I think now we’re gonna stop giving people content.  

Enjoy the timer costs.  At least WO was smart enough to go after a port that pays for itself.   

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I believe both France and Prussia started fights with the US by attacking their coast a couple months ago.  Unprovoked.  So there’s that.  We’ll own attacking GB.  But let’s stop pretending that the ports you own on the east coast weren’t gotten because of midday timer hello kitty ups by incompetent clans.   

But I mean if you 3 want to all go after the last place team at once, be my guest.  Take all our ports.  At some point you’ll get tired of paying for them and our evening timers and we can just mosey back in and retake them.

I find it curious that instead of attacking Prussia, who took your money port down in the Bahamas you choose to go after useless US ports because their easier.  Seems like we’re the hot new place to find PVP, but I think now we’re gonna stop giving people content.  

Enjoy the timer costs.  At least WO was smart enough to go after a port that pays for itself.   

Okay we'll take your ports. The ports pay for themselves so....

The difference between the Prussians is they didn't have to resort to multiflipping/nightflips on open timers to win the port. I respect them for that.

I don't respect people who resort to multiflipping and attacking at a time when I know the owning clan isn't gonna be defending.

TDY and TURN are European based clans. So we attacked in their primetime.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The difference between the Prussians is they didn't have to resort to multiflipping/nightflips on open timers to win the port. I respect them for that.

I don't respect people who resort to multiflipping and attacking at a time when I know the owning clan isn't gonna be defending.

Sorry to interrupt, but best signature ever! :D

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Didn’t you come to me a while ago when I was in Russia about multi flipping WO to take back Navasse?  Lol   Must of been the other Gregory...

Stop pretending you’re pissed about losing some trash ports to multiflipping.  Half your current crew PM’d me in the forums thanking me for solving your little timer crutch.  True story.  You want easy targets because you can’t beat Prussia, Swedes or France.  I don’t mind losing ports, but let’s be honest about why.  

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Didn’t you come to me a while ago when I was in Russia about multi flipping WO to take back Navasse?  Lol   Must of been the other Gregory...

Stop pretending you’re pissed about losing some trash ports to multiflipping.  Half your current crew PM’d me in the forums thanking me for solving your little timer crutch.  True story.  You want easy targets because you can’t beat Prussia, Swedes or France.  I don’t mind losing ports, but let’s be honest about why.  

I came to you on behalf of the nightwatch clans. I wasn't taking part in the multi-flipping and I advised them against it but approached you on their behalf. Thankfully my advice against multi-flipping paid off which is why nothing ever came of it and you were never contacted after that initial conversation. It's a scummy way to win and even when I've had to do it in the past it's because I have happily admitted the opponent is better.

Can't beat France...? Erm..

Prussia and Sweden, yeah, probably out of GB's league for the time being. What you don't see happening is us attacking them and then screaming, "noooooooo, don't hurt me, there are stronger people for you to attack".

9 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I came to you on behalf of the nightwatch clans. I wasn't taking part in the multi-flipping and I advised them against it but approached you on their behalf. Thankfully my advice against multi-flipping paid off which is why nothing ever came of it and you were never contacted after that initial conversation. It's a scummy way to win and even when I've had to do it in the past it's because I have happily admitted the opponent is better.

Can't beat France...? Erm..

Prussia and Sweden, yeah, probably out of GB's league for the time being. What you don't see happening is us attacking them and then screaming, "noooooooo, don't hurt me, there are stronger people for you to attack".

Recalling the conversation further I think you said that RSC and whomever was going to handle Navasse because the CKA/Cordova night crew are idiots.  While true, it does suggest a bit more involvement on your part rather than just asking for help.  Especially since Cordova already talked to me about it.  

But whatever you say bud.  Laugh  

Edited by Christendom

12 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Recalling the conversation further I think you said that RSC and whomever was going to handle Navasse because the CKA/Cordova night crew are idiots.  While true, it does suggest a bit more involvement on your part rather than just asking for help.  Especially since Cordova already talked to me about it.  

But whatever you say bud.  Laugh  

As if I or any of my guys are going to get up at 5am just to play this. My sleep > Everything else.

2 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I mean considering you weren't there I'm not sure how you got this info. We pulled and completed one mission with 10 first rates raising the hostility to 25% We repaired at port and headed back. On our way we ran in to 6 or so brits and spent about 30-40 mins killing them. We then proceeded to get griefed trying to complete the next 3 missions that took us over 2 hours thanks to the 5th rates keeping us tagged. The pb timer would have been earlier if not for the US players. Took us almost the entire duration of the PB window to flip that port.

Oh so more you ran out of time almost cause you got distracted during the window?  Who the hell goes back to port to repair when doing hostility?  You bring enough repairs, repair up in battle, jump out and tag a new mission and be done with it.  No wonder ya'll took the whole 3 hours windows to do it.  I mean between going back to port to repair and the squirrel momenet (ADD/SHINY STUFF) of going off to kill brits and your blaming us for using tactics that folks us in real life against a much bigger force to slow them down.  Every heard of skirmishers and LIght Cav?  That is there whole purpose is do hit and run and tie up the enemy unitl a bigger force can engage or to get important stuff free from danger.

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

When did we mulitiflip open timers?  Octo flip was done cause of your early morning off times port timers that a lot of folks didn't like on the forums, that was the only time you where multi flip and we didn't even plan to win a fight just tie ya'll up with the ones we flipped.  Those ports where all set in your timer so don't try to play the nightflip open timer thing.  We than keep our attacks to the weekends and your timers until you dropped the ports timers and pretty much told every one you wheren't keeping the ports.   That was when we flipped them in our time and did most of them with little contestant.  

The sad thing is the one ya'll did contested we had good fights and even lost a few before you just gave up.  That was the whole point of attackign shallow water ports cause the ships are cheap to replace, most the ports don't mean crap (hint why we won't put timer on most of them) and it incourages content for players if they have a place to hunt and fight multi nations.  We had no plans to attack any of your ports in the South Bahams or STS port (Crown Haven, but some other US clan might attack it).   We want ya'll to have ports in that area so folks can do shallow water fights and PB's back and forth over none important ports.  Instead you get your panties in a wad and roll up the coast in 1st rates and attack deep water ports which we have not attacked any GB deep water ports for that very reason.   To keep the fights in the shallows where folks can enjoy the fights and not fear lost of expesive ships.  Than once they get more confidence you move to the frigates.   

Funny you mention TDY and TURN.  Did you see any TDY at the port battle or out side screening?  Not a single one was logged on and I don't think I seen more than two or three since I been in US nation for a month now.  YOu actually doing us a favor flipping the port to get it out of there hands. Why you think RAM was dropping those ports?  They don't play any more and we needed to get them back into active clan hands.  That is your so call prime time EU nation.  TURN, other than Draxx and maybe one other guy the same, we don't have a big EU player base other than the MAD guys from Germany and even that is only couple guys only.   Would love to have more EU players to be honest, but saddly we don't have them.  That is why our timers are set to US prime time even for the TURN and well TDY port.  Cause that is our player base main prime time.

33 minutes ago, Christendom said:

You want easy targets because you can’t beat Prussia, Swedes or France.

Not totaly true. We can fight and even win anything up to 5000br on this server imo. Problem is salt. We're not salty enough to farm ai vs Prussian and sweden. Spain and USA are the only ones we feed of atm. Gb feeds of salt more than any nation atm. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh so more you ran out of time almost cause you got distracted during the window?  Who the hell goes back to port to repair when doing hostility?  You bring enough repairs, repair up in battle, jump out and tag a new mission and be done with it.  No wonder ya'll took the whole 3 hours windows to do it.  I mean between going back to port to repair and the squirrel momenet (ADD/SHINY STUFF) of going off to kill brits and your blaming us for using tactics that folks us in real life against a much bigger force to slow them down.  Every heard of skirmishers and LIght Cav?  That is there whole purpose is do hit and run and tie up the enemy unitl a bigger force can engage or to get important stuff free from danger.

Would you continue hostility with a sizable enemy first rate fleet nearby?

We had some issues with procuring repairs the day before so we were a bit short. 

The 3 minute sail back to New Smyrna was not what took so much time.

It was the 5th rates in our battles making them last for 30 minutes longer than normal.

Realism in video games is great, until the game is no longer fun.