Game-Labs Forum

Navy Loodsman & OW PvP

Navy Loodsman worth it or not?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is Navy Loodsman worth the marks?

1 minute ago, _Masterviolin said:

could someone be so kind as to explain what the "Navy Loodsman" upgrade is?

"Navy Loodsman Reports" is a skillbook available from the admiralty store for 300 PvP marks and gives you +6% speed in the OW ( not in combat ).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

anyone sailing with a perk like that is crazy imho. If the perk doesnt help me actively in combat it is useless. 

It’s basically a fir fir gankers wet dream, but I guess fir fir gankers don’t reeeaally want combat.

• Like 1

The worst thing about fir fir is, you can just zoom out at 15.5 knots when realizing you goofed up.

Had two players in fir fir ships (inger and trinc) going after my 13.5 kt. Teak WO belle poule. Managed to sink the trinc cause he didnt pay attention; the fir inger decided to fk off at 15.5 kts. He was down to structure.

Really annoying, but I guess some just prefer it the easy way in ganking lone frigs in their fir fir speed boats (or might end up running anyway :ph34r:)

• Like 7

Over here in the cruel real world, large warships weren't really much faster when built in fir. It saved on cost, rather than increased speed, because the masts and guns still weigh the same, and you need to ballast the ship down to pretty much the same draft as an oak ship.

Wouldn't it be nice...

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

This book is used only by fir fir retards and gankers that are afraid of challenging fight. They gank weak ships and use this book to run away from anybody that might be a threat to them. 

This is pretty much what I thought to be honest... I wonder why they added it at all in the first place.

Its not worth the marks to someone that actually wants a fight. 
I don't own it, and I don't plan on buying it (for context, I'm one of the crazy people that earned and spent 300 PvP marks on two LGV refits in about 4 days...).

21 hours ago, Landsman said:

This is pretty much what I thought to be honest... I wonder why they added it at all in the first place.

We actually tested it and long time ago and it was universally rejected as a bad idea. That was the old PvP guard and I guess it's back for the new pve grind crowd. 

On 2018-01-05 at 2:07 PM, Otto Kohl said:

This book is used only by fir fir retards and gankers that are afraid of challenging fight. They gank weak ships and use this book to run away from anybody that might be a threat to them. 

I don't know mate, i think if your not mature enough to know that certain things you just don't write on forum then I honestly think you should stay away from them.  At least until you grow up and learn how to communicate. 

Not everybody here is 12 years old. Show some respect.

Second, one of my ships is fir/fir, a pirate frigate, and I do not (and don't think anyone else) considers me a ganker even tho it has happened. I've sailed alone since I started the game, so fair to say that 99% of the time I been solo hunting.

Obviously you haven't done much solo hunting yourself, (maybe sit outside a port in a tanky ship, but that's a different story) otherwise you would know that if you hunt alone, you HAVE TO BE FAST.

Not only good to be fast... YOU HAVE to be fast. If you are not, then you won't be floating for long. Because so many groups out there with mixed tanky/fast ships and sooner or later you WILL run into them.

Yesterday I sunk an essex and a frigate in my fir fir pfrig, then I ran into Havelock in his endymion. I know Havelock is good and i know his guns are bigger and my ship is weak but i attacked anyway, and lost.

Now if i did not have that much speed on my frigate when I was hunting alone i would never have those 3 fights because just before that I had to dodge gank groups 3 times in a row.

So please don't show up on forum insulting people with your brainless remarks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jodgi said:

We actually tested it and long time ago and it was universally rejected as a bad idea. That was the old PvP guard and I guess it's back for the new pve grind crowd. 

I hardly understand how an upgrade obtained through 300 PVP marks stuff could be a thing for "new pve grind crowd"

• Like 1

On 2018-01-05 at 8:50 AM, Landsman said:

I really hate fir/fir ships and fir/fir gankers shit all over my solo playstyle... is navy loodsman any helpful regarding that? Do the pvp top dogs consider it worth the 300 marks and more importantly a slot?

It probably is worth for 24/7 hardcore pvp'ers, since once you have it you can't loose it.

But i'm personally against permanent advantages and I hope they won't be adding much more because things that are obtainable only by a "few very active pvp'ers" will just widen the gap between the average ones and the pros.

Edited by Liang Dao Ming
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

It probably is worth for 24/7 hardcore pvp'ers, since once you have it you can't loose it.

I think it's like most people said here already... the upgrade is only for gankers. If you sail solo like me, then you really need that slot for some combat relevant mod. Sure as tagger in a gank squad or hunting noobs solo in some fir/fir ship, this book is handy but for actual solo PvP, not so much...

13 minutes ago, Landsman said:

I think it's like most people said here already... the upgrade is only for gankers. If you sail solo like me, then you really need that slot for some combat relevant mod. Sure as tagger in a gank squad or hunting noobs solo in some fir/fir ship, this book is handy but for actual solo PvP, not so much...

The way I see it there are 3 categories:

Hunting squad (gank or whatever they are called)

Open sea solo hunter (who also needs to avoid above)

1 v 1 duelist (kind of solo pvp but not really hunting, normally not sailing too far off port)

Only categori who don't need is the duelist, it can come in handy for the other two.

Edited by Liang Dao Ming

3 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

They use navy loodsmanm too. Why ? I mentioned few posts above.

I know why you think they use them, because you think they are retarded. We get it.

Now move along and let the grown ups do the talking, please?.

2 hours ago, victor said:

I hardly understand how an upgrade obtained through 300 PVP marks stuff could be a thing for "new pve grind crowd"

Yea, you're right, that was a cheap shot at the pve grinders.

This is what we get when we have people asking for "more content". Something pretty broken gets reintroduced and it's somehow ok because it costs a lot.

18 hours ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

I see "pro" pvp'ers go out in fir fir Wasa when they go solo hunting...

Wonder what pro pvp'ers that are... I watched ram dinark, one of the best solo players, on twitch the other day and he sailed teak/fir and no loodsman.

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

Wonder what pro pvp'ers that are... I watched ram dinark, one of the best solo players, on twitch the other day and he sailed teak/fir and no loodsman.

Your reply to my quote just makes no sense at all. Are you writing just to write something?.

Do I seem to be stating that best solo players always sail fir/fir with loadsman?, if so.. please point out where because certainly not from what you were quoting.

What I am trying to say, which apparently i wasn't clear with, or you didn't follow the discussion or whatever, is that everyone who sails fir/fir is not afraid to fight, 

but also some of the top pvp'ers that some of you seem to worship like Gods do from time to time,

are they retarded cowards too?...

Anyway, I made my point (i hope???) so hope we can end this discussion now.

Edited by Liang Dao Ming

13 hours ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Do I seem to be stating that best solo players always sail fir/fir with loadsman?

If you find moscalb, liquicity or ram dinark use loodsman, please link the stream with timestamp.

13 hours ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

are they retarded cowards too?

I didn't say that but it is no secret that alot of garbage players like to form gank squads and hunt down people in their fir/fir ships with speedmods stacked to the max, avoiding a real fight and instead overwhelm their prey and then run away... "retarded cowards" is pretty fitting probably... of course pro players sail fir ships too sometimes ( well, some of them at least ) but I couldn't find a single one that could recommend loodsman to me and this is what this discussion / my question was about... since I hate fir ships and don't use them it is even less useless to me, since fir/fir ships will catch me anyways and I will have to live with that to be able to have a actual "battleship" instead of some hello kittying ganker speedboat...

14 hours ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Anyway, I made my point

Not sure what your point exactly is but whatever... :P  I don't say pros don't sail fir at all ( even tho Liquicity for example doesn't afaik - he ships farms the fir ganker squad trash in his actually fitted for battle ships ) but this question/ thread is about loodsman and as I said, there is no actual pro player that said it was worth getting...

14 hours ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

so hope we can end this discussion now

Sure.

5 minutes ago, Landsman said:

If you find moscalb, liquicity or ram dinark use loodsman, please link the stream with timestamp.

I didn't say that but it is no secret that alot of garbage players like to form gank squads and hunt down people in their fir/fir ships with speedmods stacked to the max, avoiding a real fight and instead overwhelm their prey and then run away... "retarded cowards" is pretty fitting probably... of course pro players sail fir ships too sometimes ( well, some of them at least ) but I couldn't find a single one that could recommend loodsman to me and this is what this discussion / my question was about... since I hate fir ships and don't use them it is even less useless to me, since fir/fir ships will catch me anyways and I will have to live with that to be able to have a actual "battleship" instead of some hello kittying ganker speedboat...

Not sure what your point exactly is but whatever... :P  I don't say pros don't sail fir at all ( even tho Liquicity for example doesn't afaik - he ships farms the fir ganker squad trash in his actually fitted for battle ships ) but this question/ thread is about loodsman and as I said, there is no actual pro player that said it was worth getting...

Sure.

I was gonna clear some shit up that you obviously missed but nevermind if you don't understand what i write this can go on forever.

I give up.

Have a nice day.:)