Game-Labs Forum

Patch 14: Part 3 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

admin

Prussia is, for me, what pyracy republics should be. No capital. No zones. Just crews holding a spot here, a spot there and living of the land.

That's all that mattered on my personal option to chose a Impossible PvP nation.

Obviously when a nation gets overpopulated it kind of ceases to be... hard mode.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

If i understand correct. New nations removed = better rvr.

So again:

Why does more factions increase rvr in your opinion when you agree with christendom that new nations are bad. new nations are at the same time new /more factions.

Game is diluted with so many factions.  I’m sure rediii can recall how many fights we would have daily/weekly in the old western vs eastern alliance days with less average players than we have now.  RVR has slowed down considerably since then.  Most of it has to do with the removal of the alliances (which is good btw), but some of it is that we have too many nations and not enough players to stock them

7 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Game is diluted with so many factions.  I’m sure rediii can recall how many fights we would have daily/weekly in the old western vs eastern alliance days with less average players than we have now.  RVR has slowed down considerably since then.  Most of it has to do with the removal of the alliances (which is good btw), but some of it is that we have too many nations and not enough players to stock them

the problem of rvr is that only 3 nations really need rvr. the others can be lazy because they will never be reduced to nothing. So why fight when nothing can happen. For the 8 nations rvr is just fun and maybe VM. For the 3 other its survival.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

the problem of rvr is that only 3 nations really need rvr. the others can be lazy because they will never be reduced to nothing. So why fight when nothing can happen. For the 8 nations rvr is just fun. For the 3 other its survival.

Clan based alliance thing that rediii and myself are talking about would fix this.   

The point I was trying to make here though is that while you and hethwill have done some good work in Prussia with your little privateer group, All it takes is 5-6 of you to not be on for a couple days and there goes your RVR fleet.  Same goes for Russia and Poland. Op

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

I dont like the all vs all outlaw battles. Instead a alliance/clanbases entry should be there. You can tag everyone except your clan/alliance. It creates a normal battle with "join HRE" and "Join CABAL" instead of join sweden/join other nTion

So we get clan switches instead of nation switches? The good thing about nations is that not all people can identify with every nation. That keeps at least some kind of balance. While an alliance of Clans is just a tag.

17 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Prussia is, for me, what pyracy republics should be. No capital. No zones. Just crews holding a spot here, a spot there and living of the land.

That's all that mattered on my personal option to chose a Impossible PvP nation.

Obviously when a nation gets overpopulated it kind of ceases to be... hard mode.

I actually thought that they maybe added the new nations to test something and that would maybe lead to some real pirate mechanics or privateer mechanics in game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Clan based alliance thing that rediii and myself are talking about would fix this.   

The point I was trying to make here though is that while you and hethwill have done some good work in Prussia with your little privateer group, All it takes is 5-6 of you to not be on for a couple days and there goes your RVR fleet.  Same goes for Russia and Poland. Op

that would even more an issue with clan based stuff. The pressure on clans and there staff would be very high. Like back in the old nightsflips times. Your clan has always to be ready to fight and online. Like you already said the pressure on XOXO is high to keep prussia on route and it would be worse if not everyone in the nation would sit in the same boat.

Edited by z4ys

Just rough spitballing here. 

Imagine 3 starter nations. GB, France and Spain.  All new players start at one of their 3 locations.  Can do PVE carebear stuff inside their zones, but you cannot take territory.  Leave the zones and you can pvp.  You need to be in a war company or clan alliance to take territory and RVR.  Best of both worlds.  Think of nations in his game as races is other games.  

Create a clan or alliance and carve out your own territory and then defend it.  Or sit in the safe zones and enjoy your game.  Everyone happy. 

Introduce a reputation system that creates true outlaws and pirates.  Kill enough players on the OW and you lose rep and get banned from the starter zones. 

Sounds glorious

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Christendom said:

It just boils down to the fact that we have too many nations and not enough players.  If one clan were to leave any nation that isn’t GB, it basically crippled that nation.   If XOXO leaves Prussia, its back to being a dead nation.  

P

You can say same thing about if any of us leave prussia, but at the moment why would a nation like us crumble? This is the first ever active 100% pvp player nation the games ever seen :) it’s not just XOXO that joined, a lot of the people who enjoyed being an “outlaw pirate” joined prussia due to small numbers equaling more pvp and less chance of finding ally where you hunt which means more pvp marks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Just rough spitballing here. 

Imagine 3 starter nations. GB, France and Spain.  All new players start at one of their 3 locations.  Can do PVE carebear stuff inside their zones, but you cannot take territory.  Leave the zones and you can pvp.  You need to be in a war company or clan alliance to take territory and RVR.  Best of both worlds.  Think of nations in his game as races is other games.  

Create a clan or alliance and carve out your own territory and then defend it.  Or sit in the safe zones and enjoy your game.  Everyone happy. 

Introduce a reputation system that creates true outlaws and pirates.  Kill enough players on the OW and you lose rep and get banned from the starter zones. 

Sounds glorious

That makes NA to a job gives your blinders for people next to you and reduces social aspect to clan only.

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

That makes NA to a job gives your blinders for people next to you and reduces social aspect to clan only.

I don't follow.  Your clan doesn't limit who you can talk to, just like it doesn't now.  In the system I proposed you could have a global chat, clan chat, alliance chat + whatever else.  Putting 700 players in 10 different nations seems like it already dilutes the social aspect of the game.  Imagine having only 3 starter nations/locations where new players hang out with older vets not interested in RVR.  KPR would be swarming with ships at all times of the day.  Sounds 10x more social than it currently is right now.  A common complaint with the game currently is that new players log in and don't have anything to do and the game feels dead.  Imagine if a new player picked up the game and had to start in only 3 locations and each one had a couple hundred people in and around it.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

I cant follow you.

You change the game national based to clanbased and suddenly it changes to being a job?

yes because suddenly only a clan is responsible not the nation anymore. For example your ports get attacked you can rally your fleet out of the hole nation everyone feels some kind of responsible.

With clan based only your own clan cares. Therefore you have a very limited amount of players. The chance that people are filled up really quick is higher than in a nation system.

Look at your pb fleet how many clans are involved? why is not everyone in HRE?

In the other hand look at poland. That is mainly only one clan which you can take as example for the clan/alliance suggestion. After a good start now it begins to crumble. There is so much pressure involved that after a certain time it isnt fun anymore. 

I can tell you be glad that you have your hole nation of pvp rvr and pve clans and not only a selection.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

yes because suddenly only a clan is responsible not the nation anymore. For example your ports get attacked you can rally your fleet out of the hole nation everyone feels some kind of responsible.

With clan based only your own clan cares. Therefore you have a very limited amount of players. The chance that people are filled up really quick is higher than in a nation system.

Look at your pb fleet how many clans are involved? why is not everyone in HRE?

In the other hand look at poland. That is mainly only one clan which you can take as example for the clan/alliance suggestion. After a good start now it begins to crumble. There is so much pressure involved that after a certain time it isnt fun anymore. 

I can tell you be glad that you have your hole nation of pvp rvr and pve clans and not only a selection.

Then your clan creates an alliance and allies with several other clans effectively forming their own nation.  Problem solved.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Then your clan creates an alliance and allies with several other clans effectively forming their own nation.  Problem solved.  

new problems generated. What restricts you by making an alliance with an other big clan? Ofc its the perfect suggestion to generate steamroll alliances again.

For players like the people in Prussia, we don’t want a “big” nation. And the reason for that is due to the lack of a true “pirate” mechanic. Before when I was hunting as a pirate i played for myself. If I was hunting somewhere and I found in combat news that another pirate was here hunting in same area as me I would go and find this pirate and try to kill him or chase him out of my territory. Being in Prussia is basically the same thing, lower population and less of a chance I have to compete with someone. Prussian nation for the most part doesn’t enjoy super massive gank groups like those who play in other nations, and simply we try to avoid it unless we are getting attacked by another nation trying to raise hostility in our small mutual beloved ports we own. You basically turn what it used to be like as an outlaw being there was 700 people online, 699 want to kill you. Those who are in Prussia actually love the idea of living out of free towns. If i was forced to be in a large nation, I’d basically turn my odds of actually finding pvp into a 25% chance instead of a 90% chance.

• Like 1

Take it on the "historical" side of things.

Example: France, with multiple corsair organizations during the royal period and the revolutionary/napolenics. Each armateur and corsairs had their own plans.

That's what we have. A nation with multiple clans. Each clan can have its own agenda, with more or less love for the king and country.

Don't reinvent the wheel.

• Like 5

In our system you would create the Prussian Alliance.  Maybe decorate your own cool flag.  You can add the clans you want to it, kick out the rest.  Your target ratio goes up.  No more cater to people within your nation that offer you nothing.  Don't like em?  Sink them.  

Frankly if @rediii both agree on something you know it's a good idea.

• Like 2