Game-Labs Forum

Patch 14: Part 2 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

admin

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, rediii said:

250m Because guns were not accurate or because guns couldnt penetrate?

IRL accuracy more than pen. In game we have more accuracy so is that balanced by less pen maybe?

In 1850s testing showed penetration of oak by 24pdr with 8 pound change at 500 yards range of 33 inches so 83 cm. I know that is land based testing with ideal conditions ofc.

Having said that as @Hethwill noted it is more about battering the crew into submission so even a partial pen causing splinters and rigging damage often mattered more than a full pen. 

• Like 1

Crew has no real value. And I am not talking about monetary value. So why surrender to safe it? Cause it is the only thing you actually safe if you surrender (ok time too, if you don't have it ;) ) . Besides that surrender has no benefit. So battering someone into submission doesn't work in the game.

• Like 2

PORTUGUESE nation, will leave when, because I did not see any relevance in the Russian nations, polonias, and the community of the nations .... PORTUGUESE participated of that time YES !!, put more ships .... we are all Portuguese and Brazilians in the game 400 players, waiting for the positioning of you developers !! we will return to play when it is implemented, if it is not, then your game will be left with players embezzlement :)

16 minutes ago, rcshugo said:

PORTUGUESE nation, will leave when, because I did not see any relevance in the Russian nations, polonias, and the community of the nations .... PORTUGUESE participated of that time YES !!, put more ships .... we are all Portuguese and Brazilians in the game 400 players, waiting for the positioning of you developers !! we will return to play when it is implemented, if it is not, then your game will be left with players embezzlement :)

so much pressure and blackmailing

You should try to tell admin why it would be historical accurate to add a portuguese nation. I mean we have prussia they could have been in the west indies. So give reasons that are not blackmailing. Furtheremore the 3 Hardcore nations are a test. We dont know if game labs concider them as success. So maybe they will ditch them for the final release. We dont know

Edited by z4ys