Game-Labs Forum

Spanish Hypocrisy port battle timers

Just now, monk33y said:

I'll be honest that last one was me taking the piss..

You say about me not playing the game, every other nation takes part in DOUBLE the number of port battles gb does SO WHY SHOULD THE DEVS LISSEN TO gb!

When GB plays the game and takes part in rvr, I'll use your own logic against you! When you PLAY THE GAME AND ATTACK IN RVR, THEN AND ONLY THEM COME BACK AND COMPLAIN ABOUT TIMERS BEING UNFAIR

complete rubbish ....care to back up that post with some stats

we both know your back in your fantasy world ... i got another  conquest mark today .... how did that happen with no rvr

So can we all agree that all countries worldwide must go to GB timezone and to hell with logic. 

Or if one country argues enough we all go to that timezone.

I will write 2 letters one to the prime minister warning of time change and if i must one to my boss to tell him I'm starting work a hour earlier  so can finish a hour earlier... and now all is good with the world... I'm bored so trolling now commences dedicated  to troll 1 or @monk33y

• Like 1

Spain would routinely flip the US back before the wipe around 1700 and then complain about night flips.  This is nothing new.  When dealing with the Spanish you most always remember it's do as they say, not do as they do.  

Frankly the solution is and always will be port timers set by the clan that owns the port.  If you have a timer that outside the primetime of the server, maintenance on it should cost more daily.  Make it happen @admin

• Like 3

I have a suggestion...

Lets only have port battles for 1 hour a day.... It has to be with 2000-2100 GMT.   This way it is good for most everyone.   No more night flips, day flips, afternoon flips, tea-time flips, work flips, back flips or front flips.

b016d3ec4c9ff01fd9e27bfcfae426625f8b494b

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

After the salt and crying over night flips , all the arguments and counter arguments .. nothing seems to have been learned .. Spain has arranged two port battles  one at Cochinos and one at Trinidad  both on the south coast of Cuba at 1700 .. on tuesday 14th

since british summertime finished and the clocks went back  1700 is not a playable time for most UK based players .. most will either still be at work or on their way home at this time ..

for spain to arrange 2 port battles at this time  while within the rules shows they are willing to take the same path as they accused others of in manipulation of the games mechanics ...

simple answer is to reset port battle timers to 1800 /2300 ... or the port battle is set 24 hrs after hostility  is completed rather than the current 22 hrs later ... spanish  can have no complaint about a 2300

port battle as they must have stayed up past this time sunday night  to flip the 2 mentioned ports for a 1700 pb on tuesday ..

they may claim that it was by accident but a member of their biggest clan has informed me it was planned

@Admin, please from now on, put the battles at the time that seems good to Grudgemunkey.

As a VLTRA officer, I do not know who the hell told you that that time was intentional, what I can tell you is that it was not. Our intention, and in fact we were doing time, was to put both battles at 22:00 hours on the server, but the mechanics have changed and if you spend only 1 minute of the hour H + 22, the battle jumps the next day at first hour. So stop complaining because if you wanted to, we would be inside the window allowed by the game and not like you and your fellow complainers putting the battles at 5 am and hello kittying the rest we need to sleep on. So stop giving your ass with your childhood complaints of a hello kittying time.

And I add that practically every day Spain suffers a British attack at 17:00 hours server time,  sometimes even 2. Have you seen any of us complain ? We are working at that time too... 

I hope you keep complaining and crying in the forums, it will mean that others are doing well.

Edited by Jorge

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

Spain would routinely flip the US back before the wipe around 1700 and then complain about night flips.  This is nothing new.  When dealing with the Spanish you most always remember it's do as they say, not do as they do.  

Frankly the solution is and always will be port timers set by the clan that owns the port.  If you have a timer that outside the primetime of the server, maintenance on it should cost more daily.  Make it happen @admin

well, also your posts seem to be "nothing new". So what? 

3 pages of post only because there are 2 PB's at same time and too early in the official time window...

How ridiculous !!

Everybody has to deal with these current mechanics, these 2 PB's are set at same time because of it.

Hypocrisy is totaly wrong wording, just an over reaction from a frustated player that takes this game too seriously.

Take it easy Grund ! stop pointing out a group of players who are just trying to play NA within current mechanics, better spend your time by trying "to reach Dev's" so to change those mechanics as best as it could suit you.

These 3 pages of post are entirely helpless, there are other NA matters much more important to test & optimize before taking into account your life time availability...

cheers

Frog

1 hour ago, Jorge said:

@Admin, please from now on, put the battles at the time that seems good to Grudgemunkey.

As a VLTRA officer, I do not know who the hell told you that that time was intentional, what I can tell you is that it was not. Our intention, and in fact we were doing time, was to put both battles at 22:00 hours on the server, but the mechanics have changed and if you spend only 1 minute of the hour H + 22, the battle jumps the next day at first hour. So stop complaining because if you wanted to, we would be inside the window allowed by the game and not like you and your fellow complainers putting the battles at 5 am and hello kittying the rest we need to sleep on. So stop giving your ass with your childhood complaints of a hello kittying time.

of course you do not know who told me ... and i aint telling you who it is

the mechanics have not changed have been like this for months 

again explain how we can set battles at 5am .... your now accusing us of something that is impossible    stick to facts ....your bs accusations show you to be a hypocrite

33 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

3 pages of post only because there are 2 PB's at same time and too early in the official time window...

How ridiculous !!

Everybody has to deal with these current mechanics, these 2 PB's are set at same time because of it.

Hypocrisy is totaly wrong wording, just an over reaction from a frustated player that takes this game too seriously.

Take it easy Grund ! stop pointing out a group of players who are just trying to play NA within current mechanics, better spend your time by trying "to reach Dev's" so to change those mechanics as best as it could suit you.

These 3 pages of post are entirely helpless, there are other NA matters much more important to test & optimize before taking into account your life time availability...

cheers

Frog

I see it as hypocrisy ,,, why would i call it anything else

the only reason I brought this to forum is that i was told it was planned ...

take away all the bs ...... do you agree 1700 is too early for a pb

12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Frankly, it is your solution.

Dont think your opinion is more valid than others. Considering how good was your bet on the success of the global server.

Again the Global server issues does not rest in the Christendoms fault.  It is strictly the Admins fault, the list of failures have been listed several times.

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The reality is most europeans (spanish, french, germans, russians) wanted a restriction in port battles timers, something that Chris and many others failed to see. 

It is quite interesting to see that most of the europpean who chose the global server were from the alliance that never suffered nightflips. However, it seems that they didnt like much the idea of being on a server with a playerbase so heavily splited between different primetimes that, at the end, the overall peak during their primetime was very low to be fun.

Despite being the US a big market, it is not enough to compete with all the EU buyers.

players go where the other players are.  in other news, water is wet.  

see ya soon bud!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Exactly. Most players chose EU server despite all your efforts of your ts meetings.

Global server idea failed since the first minute. No one want to lose pixels when sleeping or working. Thats why grunde complains.

Your failure only brought more europpean players (like AHOY) back to the EU server.

Most players chose EU server because they didnt know the difference.

It was stated several times on these forums that they were not clearly defined for players who dont come to the forums. 

If you hadnt logged in for 2 months and the wipe happened you were screwed.   Because you had ZERO progress on the Global (US) server, and only had the progress you had on the EU server.    Then you had zero information on creation for what each server offered to the player.  That the EU server was RVR light, and Global was RVR 24/7.  

Then there was the screw up at launch that had the Global server with the exact same restrictions as the EU server, which only further confused and frustrated players.

So please... if you know nothing, say nothing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Exactly. Most players chose EU server despite all your efforts of your ts meetings.

Global server idea failed since the first minute. No one want to lose pixels when sleeping or working. Thats why grunde complains.

Your failure only brought more europpean players (like AHOY) back to the EU server.

Your BS is amusing.  Luckily your rhetoric doesn't seem to have much effect and it looks like we'll all be back together again soon.  Maybe with timers.  See ya then!

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

Your BS is amusing.  Luckily your rhetoric doesn't seem to have much effect and it looks like we'll all be back together again soon.  Maybe with timers.  See ya then!

More likely you'll be sailing an empty ocean.. Just like you do on the global server..

This is why the lord protector windows is a great concept to bring back.  Sorry but not every one works the same scheduled. I always took SEA/EU servers in the past cause I worked night shipt and that was servers with the most players on when I get off work.  If you don't want to be attacked out of your clan window than just set your port to that window  you can defend.   If you loose the port sorry you would of lost it any way.  

This weeks it's the UK guys, next week it's going to be another group until you end up either with no port battle windows or back to a open global port timer type set up.  You know we are here to test things, I don't see why we won't just test it for a while.  Get all the players on one server and get this game ironed out and finished.  Than they can set up separate servers upon release of the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You know we are here to test things, I don't see why we won't just test it for a while. 

The actual problem is that we tested it in the past. And it did not work at all.

On the other side, now in PVP EU things seem to work quite good: with the exception of the endless complain on the forum of one or two or three - always the same - players, we are quite happy about the situation on the server: there is OS PVP in some well known Hotspots, Carebears activity goes on as usual, RvR is quite lively with 5-6 port battles port battles on a daily basis (Brits and Swedes won last rounds but Spain is growing).

So why should we try once more something that did not work in the past if now things are quite good?

Edited by victor

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is why the lord protector windows is a great concept to bring back.  Sorry but not every one works the same scheduled. I always took SEA/EU servers in the past cause I worked night shipt and that was servers with the most players on when I get off work.  If you don't want to be attacked out of your clan window than just set your port to that window  you can defend.   If you loose the port sorry you would of lost it any way.  

This weeks it's the UK guys, next week it's going to be another group until you end up either with no port battle windows or back to a open global port timer type set up.  You know we are here to test things, I don't see why we won't just test it for a while.  Get all the players on one server and get this game ironed out and finished.  Than they can set up separate servers upon release of the game.

I completely agree with this. 

If nothing else can they at least implement the lord protector windows on the Global server to test it out, that way we might see if there is a lot of support for such a system as it may attract more players to to Global server. People keep saying it was tried before and did not work, but that was in the days of the flag system, things have changed since then and such a system may now work very well with the current game mechanics for port battles. At least it would stop all the complaints that people have set up port battles at times when the defender could not be there. 

21 minutes ago, victor said:

The actual problem is that we tested it in the past. And it did not work at all.

On the other side, now in PVP EU things seem to work quite good: with the exception of the endless complain on the forum of one or two or three - always the same - players, we are quite happy about the situation on the server: there is OS PVP in some well known Hotspots, Carebears activity goes on as usual, RvR is quite lively with 5-6 port battles port battles on a daily basis (Brits and Swedes won last rounds but Spain is growing).

So why should we try once more something that did not work in the past if now things are quite good?

since the number of players playing the game are less than  a year ago ... i dont think you are correct

the game suiting you personally .... doesnt mean its a success

for the record I dont really care if they merge the servers or not

but the asserion that because more players play eu than global = the split was a success is not correct .. look at numbers playing the game