Game-Labs Forum

A clear warning to the french and dutch

sveno

44 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Aye got impression here that everybody fight swedes on forums but not in gamešŸ˜‰

Honestly ?! Some "fleets" that declared war are hopelessly subpar and are adamant against even trying to learn how to handle ships, any ship, all ships and blame all types of mechanics. They might have the "floating batteries" but if countered during their hostility drive they will be smashed like bugs.

Others are more realistic and are doing what they do best.

In essence you are closer to the truth than not.

• Like 1

Just now, monk33y said:

@The Red Duke do you still sail for gb? If so Iv got to ask how are you not board of pve missions and trading???

Ā 

I did sail for GB in the very first instance of OW testing.

Regarding trading I do like Euro Truck Simulator 2 a lot. Very relaxing game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sveno said:

To theĀ French and Dutch fighting late on tuesday North of Aves.

After fighting some Brits North of Aves, you guys came out of fight and the Swedes had a same sized fleet outside waiting for you.
You were splitting you group fleeing into different directions, so far no issue, but....

I have seen 3 instances of Dutch taggin French or French tagging Dutch to deny any usefull tag by the Swedes.

It is clear that you guys are allied,Ā andĀ that is improper play, in the fights we were joining, no shots were fired and tag was at maximum distance.
This miss-use is one of the reasons why such a popular feature as the outlaw battles was removed.

We will not accept a such missuse and we will document the next fights to be able to raise this issue in the tribunal next time we see that.

Ā 

Be warned.

it seems allowed ..ask the devs

the same thing happened when a swedes captain in dutch watersĀ tagged an otherĀ (own or cooperating)ALTĀ 

it seems the same

the problem to solve this is to on forehand>Ā  declare war>Ā  on that ship /nation clan/captain (alliance/clan war declaration)

otherwise, this will always be a problem (ai not included)

Ā 

try not to seek nails in shallow waters...(they are rusted ,) but i do understand your concerns and disapointment

i think it is a clear answer:Ā Ā mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimiĀ (not impresed) :)Ā 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Red Jack Walker said:

A true shame....

look at yourself captainĀ 

if you hold a mirror in front of you,Ā  youĀ will notice >>captains married woman will run away as fast as 42 pdrĀ ball from your shipĀ :PĀ (betrail)

Edited by Thonys

This topic clearly shows why this game is failing. Not only it shows same problems with mechanics all the time, but simply shows which individuos and their egos ruins other peoples experiences.

Basic stuff. It`s just a game. Not even in beta. And some people abuse stupid mechanics all the time, all the way just to avoid/get adventage on others.

When i read forums, and when i was still playing game it was mostly done by same people. Same clans.

It`s not stupid decisions od devs that ruins this game most. It`s you people.

Edited by Leku

2 hours ago, ScipioTortuga said:

Oh and sure do come, just try to not flip before 6 o clock server again will you?Ā ;)

SoĀ the Dutch can ask the Swedes for a gentleman's agreement to not plan PB's during dinnertime (which is clearly a real mechanism and, other then that the time does not suit you, is being used as designed). But when Swedes ask Dutch and French not to use cheesy tactics to avoid a fight (which IĀ agree is also a mechanism, but it is NOT meant to be used like this) we get ridicule and forum PvP. Why would we facilitate our enemies when this is what we get in return?

How about you allies do what allies are for and fight those swedes together, instead of using cheese tactics to avoid fights on a PvP server?

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Well you are diplo right? So if you think it matters you can talk to them

Well said.

@ScipioTortugaĀ You could be proactive and communicate to your nation's pvpers that if you as a nation ask for a favor from your enemies in portbattle timing, it would only be common courtesy to return such gentlemanly behavior in other pvp engagements... but I guessĀ that would require you to have a secretary...

Some other reflections on this thread:

'They are doing it too!'Ā is no excuse for shitty behavior! I personally have not seen a swede do stuff like this or stuff that was mentioned in this thread, but if i did you can be sure IĀ would speak out against it! And IĀ would expect the same from everybody in this thread.

The recent removal of Outlaw battles was for a different reason IĀ agree, however the latest outlaw mechanic (can join anywhere) was created specifically to counter misuse of taggingĀ each other to avoid battle by pirates in the old system. So it is clear that the devs think this is not how it is supposed to work! People arguing otherwise are being disingenuousĀ because this time it was used against the nation everybody loves to hate on.

People need to take of their blinders and try to look at this issue from a somewhat neutral perspective. It is clearly not the way this mechanism is supposed to be used, and ppl misusing it should be called out for it, regardless of which flag they sail under or who's friends they are.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

@admin

I think its obvious that, if this is a intended mechanic, that big fleets in future will have 1 "hired player" beside them to do a "friendly battle" and be safe.

Ā 

I think there has to be a mechanic discouraging these things

it can be >>

war declaration on clans as a mechanic to put in the gameĀ 

but at the moment we don'tĀ have itĀ 

if that is introduced it is a valid mechanic

now we just call it a cheating thing with no trueĀ rules

perhaps in the future..

Edited by Thonys

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

how exactly would this help here?

You declare war on france and right qfter you attack and declare them friendly again.

Or you just declare war, whats the downside?

clan wars can haveĀ a coulĀ down from 24 hours for example

and war can take a 14 days period and stops automaticlyĀ (or 7 or 21 days)

after 14 days you can declare war again (direct becouseĀ it is not over)

Ā 

the eve system in hs

Edited by Thonys

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

So you cant attack anyone you are not at war with, is that what you mean?

You want to kill ow pvp completly? because thats how you kill OW pvp completly

ofcourseĀ you canĀ 

declare warĀ  and you have your targets everywhereĀ 

alliances are not only one clan ,but mostly groups of clans from every friendly alliance nations

Edited by Thonys

13 minutes ago, Knobby said:

SoĀ the Dutch can ask the Swedes for a gentleman's agreement to not plan PB's during dinnertime (which is clearly a real mechanism and, other then that the time does not suit you, is being used as designed). But when Swedes ask Dutch and French not to use cheesy tactics to avoid a fight (which IĀ agree is also a mechanism, but it is NOT meant to be used like this) we get ridicule and forum PvP. Why would we facilitate our enemies when this is what we get in return?

How about you allies do what allies are for and fight those swedes together, instead of using cheese tactics to avoid fights on a PvP server?

Well you didnt accept that gentlemens agreemant either did you? So why should we? Also, I wasnt the one using those cheeky tactics, although I do agree it would be tempting.

Ā 

16 minutes ago, Knobby said:

Well said.

@ScipioTortugaĀ You could be proactive and communicate to your nation's pvpers that if you as a nation ask for a favor from your enemies in portbattle timing, it would only be common courtesy to return such gentlemanly behavior in other pvp engagements... but I guessĀ that would require you to have a secretary...

Some other reflections on this thread:

'They are doing it too!'Ā is no excuse for shitty behavior! I personally have not seen a swede do stuff like this or stuff that was mentioned in this thread, but if i did you can be sure IĀ would speak out against it! And IĀ would expect the same from everybody in this thread.

The recent removal of Outlaw battles was for a different reason IĀ agree, however the latest outlaw mechanic (can join anywhere) was created specifically to counter misuse of taggingĀ each other to avoid battle by pirates in the old system. So it is clear that the devs think this is not how it is supposed to work! People arguing otherwise are being disingenuousĀ because this time it was used against the nation everybody loves to hate on.

People need to take of their blinders and try to look at this issue from a somewhat neutral perspective. It is clearly not the way this mechanism is supposed to be used, and ppl misusing it should be called out for it, regardless of which flag they sail under or who's friends they are.

Well if I find them i will surely tell them Sveno is threatening them. And your statement about 'they are doing it too' is quite ironic because you started yourselve with stating that, we do something so why should we.

I mean the joinsystem. Right now you have 2 circles where you are allowed to join rather fahr away from the battle. With outlaw joincircle you can join whereever you want. Even close to the enemy.

With 2 min until battle begins and you can sail (example) and enemys ability to join next to you yoh dont want to initiate battle to get away because thats how you get catched

Gotcha. You want a spawn right next to the enemy.

So I ask, when the enemy splits, and you split to chase them, what is the problem with several different battles, say -Ā Ā 2v1, 1v1, 3v2, 4v5 -Ā  given that is exactly what will end up happening when two forces split to chase each other ?

Am I missing something here ?Ā 

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

There are hundreds of clans on this server.

Also what happens with clanless people? not attackable?

Ā 

And why shouldnt you declare war? so dutch cant help french in battles? you just do jt with another alt then

there you are wrong i dontĀ use altsĀ for doing funny stuffĀ 

i don'tĀ practice kids play stupid jonker or sailor stuffĀ 

i am an honorable captain from the Dutch nationĀ 

you will never see me in an other nation or do treason,Ā  or whatever ....i have to get old you know. an when i have a pension of the government after retirement,Ā i must have a good cigarĀ in the garden on a sunny day remembering the honorableĀ battles in the open waters of the Carribean

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScipioTortuga said:

CABAL has endless alts in our nation too, Rediii, not just for trading but also for spotting us and escaping situations. We have no proof, but thats just as much as you have. ;)

We also sacrifice the innocent and the pure at the Cabal alter.

Dont worry we will start recording next time we see dutch or french on OW.

If cabal does the same you have the same intention to find a solution for this I guess?

Oh yes, but unless you, we will not threaten them on the forums in a post on the national news ;)

No you didnt get it.

They dont split, they tag eachother on maxdistance so if you join 1 side you are not in cannonrange to tag the other side.

You then all leave the battle again, warp to a direction and if enemy gets close again they tag eachother on maxdistance again.

With this you can safely travel anywhere the whole day

I did get it.

I would then forfeit that fight and actually go to their home waters and start wreaking havok there.

- "bypass enemy and attack their base of support" -

But I may be wishing too much ?

I mean... despite the odd mechanic... there's more than a way to wage war and the enemy will never do what we expect.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Why not threat someone who exploits a mechanic? Sveno could have created a tribunal too, and should have btw, to let these people be punished or atleast make it clear whats allowed and what isnt

But he doesnt have proof

It isnt a 'broken' mechanic anyways. It IS a mechanic, if you like it or not. You should have went to the suggestions thread not the national news or tribunal.

Edited by ScipioTortuga
  • Like 1

I dont care who has honor and who doesnt.

Ā 

Once this server and game is good populated the mechanics have to be on point. This mechanic isnt on point

true.

i m sorry you dontĀ care

you can also do ping pong or something else for that matter

i cant believe you are not honorableĀ ;)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

Yeah good idea ....Recording us...Will not see what it will change....but ok recording us :)

Remember the sweeds DEMAND:

"Follow the rules we set you. Don't follow the examples we set"

A swedish captains defence "it's an allowed game feature so that's why we use it"

Then we see sweeds complaining "your abusing a bug... Stop it or we'll try to get you banned for abusing broken game features...!"

Then we see the Swedish nation say "the game allows us to get round a fight by using low br and kite and cap tactics. If the admins didn't like how we act they'd patch it out of game" The adminsĀ then patch it out of game!!

Then we see the Swedish players complaining about other nations attacking each other... Lol

• Like 1