Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

12 minutes ago, admin said:

when did small unorganized countries won port battles against players?

Oh there are sure instances...

Sweden was small after getting one ported (long ago), we got back to our feet vs much larger nations, tho we werent unorganized.

btw: I wrote smaller >> / << unorganized, note the /.

I will copy my feedback into the proper thread, thanks for pointing that out Admin.

Edited by sveno

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Maybe these nation cant field more players so they rely on bigger ships. Sweden has the advantage of a huge RVR fleet. Maybe PB changes doesnt go far enough?

The French screened their 8 ship fleet with 20 first rates. Yeah, they don't have the players to bring more -.-

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Maybe these nation cant field more players so they rely on bigger ships. Sweden has the advantage of a huge RVR fleet. Maybe PB changes doesnt go far enough?

The Swedish RvR fleet is about as large as the Russian one, FYI.

7 minutes ago, Ingelia said:

So, does the refit have heavier armor or better speed? The reason I ask is that for me (one that does trading and missions) it will cost me 750 combat marks to buy this trade ship.

It won't cost you 750 combat marks. PvP marks are provided for pvp activities only. You probably would have to buy pvp marks from active pvp players on market or in private. 

Just now, admin said:

It won't cost you 750 combat marks. PvP marks are provided for pvp activities only. You probably would have to buy pvp marks from active pvp players on market or in private. 

Will all ships that historically had swivel guns receive them or just traders/smaller ships?

For the record I have no idea if it was normal practice to put swivel guns on frigates and above

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

2 hours ago, admin said:

Punish who? Punish how? Wipe an ensign in a brig? Ban the account? Delete account/ create an alt/ attack again. Do you think we removed it because of one shitty tribunal post about some brig attacking pirates and leaving? 

how about a 2 week ban like you have for others that have "abused alt mechanics" how about being fair across the board here, you set rules and only apply them to who you want when it's convenience, Yes, Ban for 2 weeks, lower the ranks, how about following through with what you say you are instead of playing favorites. and yes, there seems to be a history of those that yell loudest get what they want. If i'm wrong, so be it, but you should know this is a common perception.

2 hours ago, admin said:

We spent full programmer month on outlaw battles and fixing bugs internally (it was very hard to make). We really wanted to make it work. It did not work out. It was interfering in many areas and we got hundreds of reports on it, just because it sucked. PvP players will find pvp. No-one will remember this feature in 6 months. If outlaw class comes back it will come with full wipe of xp on boarding by nationals. 

what areas was it interfering with? Besides people using it before the Battle groups were formed (great addition BTW) ... of which you banned an account for...  or using it to gank players in a safe zone... of which seems to be acceptable to you....

2 hours ago, admin said:

regarding you leaving? Fine. we knew some pirates will hate it with passion.
But 1000s of others would be happy (and 7000 other nationals from our average monthly audience) If you don't care what overall community wants for the game perhaps its not the community for you. 

What players what doen't bother me... MODS and Admins now adhering to the rules they set forth do. You think i'm alone in this, I see 1000s (to use your number) of reviewers that feel the same way. Games change all the time, this I can understand... Rules being used to suit the needs of the times I can't... Yes, 1000's in game, not on these forums....

3 hours ago, jonnysweden said:

get the f*** out with and don't come back. Go scam in eve.

never played it... again, this was my first "MMO", 7 posts and half of them you're a dick, you'll fit right in.

Edited by Khyron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

currently all ships have real name on ow.

But.. i am thinking of adding a misdirection perk or paint that will switch your ship to a trader of the similar class and vice versa. For example Agamemnon on OW will look like indiaman. Rattlesnake as trader brig. 

You don't even need to do anything that complicated.  Simply strip names of vessels from the OW, and list them by rate.  "Captain Player in a 5th Rate."  "Lieutenant Player in a 7th Rate."  "Admiral Player in a 1st Rate."  Even traders listed only by rate, so an LGV would simply be, "Captain Player in a 5th Rate," a Trader's Lynx would simply read, "Lieutenant Player in a 7th Rate."

Make players have the onus of identifying ships at sea.  And if paints are represented on the OW (I cannot recall myself, having not had a paint in some time), players will come up with their own ways to misdirect.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ingelia said:

Constitution = 100 PVP marks

Refit LGV = 150 PVP marks

Why on earth would you use PVP marks to buy a constitution when you can build one with 30 combat marks and parts?  Maybe that's why the LGV is more because that is the only way you can get one?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Salty Dog on Global said:

Why on earth would you use PVP marks to buy a constitution when you can build one with 30 combat marks and parts?  Maybe that's why the LGV is more because that is the only way you can get one?

Let's assume you like to pvp all day so you stockpile your pvp marks like a pve player  stockpiles his combat marks. So what's easier press  2 buttons + select clicks or to find a crafter get to right place etc?

It's a good compromise for pure pvp players in my opinion.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Better solution:

Don't say ship names, just player name. Make players recognize ships by the size and look, also by the paint! If you bring paints back to the game, it will allow camouflage to confuse your enemies :ph34r:

About raids:

Make it as instant fight with flag system like old PBs and stealing the tax loot mechanic. Port that was succesfully raided would allow access to pirates for short time period to reach exclusive goods and resources. 

How raids would work? I would make it small skirmish with a goal for raiders/pirates to succesfully land their "marines" into the port and next to forts/towers to take control over them. Defender is supposed to prevent it. Smaller ports will be much easier to raid while ports with 2-3 forts will be extremely hard.

22 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

You don't even need to do anything that complicated.  Simply strip names of vessels from the OW, and list them by rate.  "Captain Player in a 5th Rate."  "Lieutenant Player in a 7th Rate."  "Admiral Player in a 1st Rate."  Even traders listed only by rate, so an LGV would simply be, "Captain Player in a 5th Rate," a Trader's Lynx would simply read, "Lieutenant Player in a 7th Rate."

Make players have the onus of identifying ships at sea.  And if paints are represented on the OW (I cannot recall myself, having not had a paint in some time), players will come up with their own ways to misdirect.

Nope.

I'm trying to determine if you guys are serious, looks like more crutches for experienced players...

That would only confuse the new guys which is not very hard. Any experienced player don't even look at the name and can tell by the ship...

It needs to be camo and look as a different ship so nobody knows what that ship really is. That's the whole point. 

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I would not show any identification of the ship, players should guess which ship is and use always the spyglass. 

Players needs more surprises in the ow and be more aware of their surroundings when sailing.

Again that would only confuse new players...

It should be a Wasa behind that trader brig, that is the point!

7 hours ago, Hodo said:

Another rare time I agree with Texas.

Where are my Barbary Pirates/Corsairs/Privateers?  I mean we have frakking RUSSIA here they NEVER made it to the Caribbean.    They are rarely there now in the 21st century. 

On a side note. 

You are welcome to come and fight me in another game, always looking for good adversaries.

Oh and congrats on your 5000th post.

Me and Midnight been playing HOI4 lately just to do something different.  Think I just need a break for a bit and sure I'll be back.

HOLLY BATMAN 5K?  Well that puts me now at 5th most post on the forums, I honestly need to get a life lol

2 hours ago, admin said:

currently all ships have real name on ow.

But.. i am thinking of adding a misdirection perk or paint that will switch your ship to a trader of the similar class and vice versa. For example Agamemnon on OW will look like indiaman. Rattlesnake as trader brig. 

again if would be a great perk for pirates only.  Many folks have added some great ideals to make pirates more pirate like and different from other nations.  Fine take the out law battles out, but give us something other than a broken Nation with a black flag.   If you want to bring more players to the game having 10000 nations exactly same isn't going to do it. Hell I would say each nation should get a perk for that nation.    Kinda like how we had the Nation Refits by regions but make it something you gain from playing that nation only. This will give folks reason to play other nations than just there home nation or the most popular.  honestly adding new nations that had nothing to do with the theme of the game is a very bad thing.  Next your just going to start doing micro transactions to get more players to play.   You instead need to find out why folks are leaving.  Don't do you info from here.  Give an actual survey in game when folks log in and use that feed back. I bet you will found the majority opinions are not the same of the minority big mouths on here (including myself).

I'll be honest removing features and pretty much saying that there won't be any pirate mechanics every they are just a nation is making me not want to log into this game. I only stuck around this long in hopes you would do something with them.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

When I started playing the game:

1. I thought that Constitution is the biggest ship and the strogest in the game

2. I knew it's wise to stay away from ships bigger than mine

3. Follow the more experienced players and listen to their advice

We really get too much information. The hardcore gamers get too much advantage over it, the shot logs, sails HP, ship names, smuggler info, nations, maybe add mast HP into the game displayed in combat and speed differencial calculation between your speed and enemy ship speed and information when you will reach your target.

You see - the more number information, the less we think as we get final results on the tray. It becomes less immersive gameplay. Less surprise, less experience, less unknown. It becomes more numbers, more calculations, less combat experience and combat focus.

That was my point, no info, no visual pointers. A trader lynx could be a connie.

I wouldn't even display the name of the player. 

Edited by Rigs

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

When I started playing the game:

1. I thought that Constitution is the biggest ship and the strogest in the game

2. I knew it's wise to stay away from ships bigger than mine

3. Follow the more experienced players and listen to their advice

We really get too much information. The hardcore gamers get too much advantage over it, the shot logs, sails HP, ship names, smuggler info, nations, maybe add mast HP into the game displayed in combat and speed differencial calculation between your speed and enemy ship speed and information when you will reach your target.

You see - the more number information, the less we think as we get final results on the tray. It becomes less immersive gameplay. Less surprise, less experience, less unknown. It becomes more numbers, more calculations, less combat experience and combat focus.

I think the snow was the biggest when I started well that I could properly man as they gave use Niagara and Renno's for free.  Hell when the Bucc came out I still couldn't crew it.  Though I think having the class ship would work for what we see in open world. So lets say I'm doing trade runs in my LGV and you see me in the OW.

• Curse [BLACK] Sir Texas Sir in a 5th rate Merchant (Trade) ship
  • BR 110

So lets say I have the Bell Poule which is basically the same hull as the LGV and I have the Perk Miss Direction per @admin post above.  With out the perk it would show this.

• Curse [BLACK] Sir Texas Sir in a 5th rate Frigate
  • BR 180 

BR's can be adjusted if some one is under crewed or has fleets. If I had a fleet it would list

• Curse [BLACK] Sir Texas Sir in a 5th Rate Frigate
  • 1 5th Rate Frigate in Fleet
  • BR 290 (the fleet ship is a Reno)

Now lets say I have the Miss Direction perk and it will list the like common ship.  Only a few ships can be used to replace trade ships.

• Curse [BLACK] Sir Texas Sir in a 5th Rate Merchant Ship BR
  • 1 5th Rate Frigate in Fleet
  • BR 220 (the flet ship is a Reno)

We need some info cause so folks know that it's not AI they are tagging, but we don't need to tel them every thing.  In fact I wouldn't even listed the adjusted BR for short crew.  Folks shouldn't know this until in battle.  The only reason to list BR is to let folks know if it's more than they can bite off or tag.  Though in the last one my BR is actually higher it's not much.  Now where you would see the big surprise is folks thinking they are tagging and Indiaman and finding out it's an actual Aggy instead.

I would just identify if its a player and what nation, no indicative based on hull or rate, everyone knows not to mess with Texas and he likes playing pranks, so just keep it exciting :P

Edited by Rigs
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, George Washington said:

There is about a dozen more exploits that ruined new players. Removal of outlaw battles will only benefit population. 

New players shouldn't be rolling pirate or even able to be a pirate until they've leveled a national. If they want to be a pirate they should have to learn to play the game first. Would eliminate a lot of stupidity.

Well you're definitely doing an amazing job with this game, I've spent far more time than I should at it. Devs, you gotta listen to your players, and right now, the players feel like you aren't listening. You have a potential award winning product, let the people tell you what it needs most.

One word: Variety. I should never feel like I've run out of things to do. Complacency and boredom will kill even the best of games, and I should be able to do just about anything I could realistically do in the age of fighting sail. More 6th and 7th rates, and a couple more lineships. I should have more than three choices when I'm a noob. I should never feel like the basics are out of reach, but my results should be reasonably proportionate to the effort I put in. I should see more than a victory and a Santi in an armada of 50 ships. Remove battle limitations, balace the battles by br, but br should be based more on broadside weight and crew number. A Wasa should have a higher rating than 250...but all that being said, a basic ship for whatever I want to do should be easily attainable at almost any time. Remove bonus and speed caps, better balancing as well. The stronger and more specific you get, the more time and effort you need to spend getting it. Battles should come down to: Am I better with my ship than you are with yours?

And please remove the contract limits, everyone wants something, I have alot of shit to sell. It isn't much, but it wasn't there before. Limiting contracts is strangling the games economy, which is in part, the cause of all your other issues. We all just wanna have fun. You can't be afraid to have fun. 

I got alot more great ideas, stay tuned lol.

Edited by Wakatow13
I wanted to, to make it sound better.
  • Like 1

Talking about ow warp speeds and ai teleport,  magic camouflage has potential to be one of the worst features ever if not implemented correctly. Since some of us still have honour (most of the time) masking bigger ship into smaller will only force us to start attacking everyone including new players coz they might be big ship camouflaged into small ship. And one would assume that crew is not completely blind to mistake victory for lynx at tagging range. Therefore my suggestion is that you allow camouflaging only into your own rate and that your true identity is revealed once you get into tag range. 

• Like 2

Maybe just try you can't see enemy names/ranks until in battle, and then we can see if a complete disguise system would work.

Like a semi disguise, not knowing who you're tagging or who's tagging you adds to the gamble and how big we wanna make the gamble is up to us.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2