Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

2 minutes ago, Rigge1988 said:

Ok, first of all, thank you for keeping it civilized.

How do they fare against a stern without armor?

My friend was in a trincomalee and according to him he had extreme problems getting around for a broadside, thats why he almost literally got in a pickle as the LGVR could sterncamp him more or less.

They were actually rather terrible for raking any ship smaller than a SOL. The problem is the height difference, and the way they were spaced on the deck. Due to this spacing issue, the swivels would ruin the timing of the broadside, and make most of your shots miss. The height problem also meant that even well aimed swivel shots would go into the sails, while your main deck was hitting the stern. 
Whenever I was raking an enemy ship smaller than a 3rd rate, I would turn the swivel deck off, because I would miss the vast majority of my shots when I kept them on. 

Against SOL they did pretty well, killing a few extra crew and cannons while you could use grape on the main guns. However they would add the risk of setting your enemy on fire, meaning if you want to capture the SOL, you would need to turn the swivels off. 

18 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Thanks for answer guys. What you say would be the perceived angle of depression ? 45º ?

They aim the same as normal cannons. The difference is that since they start so high, and have such limited penetration, its usually very difficult to aim at any ship of similar or lower height. 

1 hour ago, Darayavahus said:

GG, Devs... i think you lost a lot of dedicated - active players today.

The number of players online right now contradict this.

Also let it be known that anyone who already made 150 PVP marks is just a ganker with a lot of time to play, so... /s

• Like 3

Just now, AfkSailor said:

Now that the LGV was nerfed, use the trader Snow for PVP then watch the cries to nerf that. 😂

You say that, I was actually talking about using it the other day :D curious how they will react to getting killed by a trader snow...

Challenge accepted!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jef said:

I don't like for begging for PVP, cause that is how it feels now, PVE is not my thing.

Bless you, my son! You are not alone.

I wanted a Pventre. Not anymore.

6 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Also let it be known that anyone who already made 150 PVP marks is just a ganker with a lot of time to play, so... /s

People who actually provide content by serial grinding bots and missions should get access to equipment to fend off these toxic PvP dudes. /s

Don’t you guys just love splitting 5-10 pvp mark per kill with 5 of your other gank buddies? Because having 1 pvp mark per battle by ganking allows us pvpers to get 150 pvp marks. I’ve actually told my own clan to screw off im hunting solo because I wanted to get more pvp marks for myself. @Peter Goldman@EliteDelta Can vouch for me here lol

31 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

A ganker? Really? Many will not agree with you. It's just your opinion.  Not much weight.  

2 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

Mainly because the pirates are the only ones who actually can achieve 150 pvp marks so quickly since the other nations don’t have a clue what they are doing in the game as far as pvp goes lol

Yes, but I don't see RUBLI, PODW complaining like that. Sweden have good pvp players, don't see them complaining also. Like someone already said, good players don't need OP ships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cabral said:

Yes, but I don't see RUBLI, PODW complaining like that. Sweden have good pvp players, don't see them complaining also. Like someone already said, good players don't need OP ships.

Podw ain’t shit we will be proving that in about an hour in tournament. Rubli didn’t enjoy the ship as much anyway. And sweds can only do port battle. Go ahead continue to suck off some other pvper as an excuse.

fffffs i dident even get the ship yet and they allredy broke it jesus............

a game thats not suppose to be balanced in anyway is getting more broken every ¨fix¨they do.....

its like having a bazooka vs a knife, and people goo omg the bazooka need a nerf its to explosive... 

FIX THE GAME DEVS! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jda940 said:

fffffs i dident even get the ship yet and they allredy broke it jesus............

a game thats not suppose to be balanced in anyway is getting more broken every ¨fix¨they do.....

its like having a bazooka vs a knife, and people goo omg the bazooka need a nerf its to explosive... 

FIX THE GAME DEVS! 

You gotta include the "/s". <hides>

#in/seption

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

The number of players online right now contradict this.

So maybe two quotes from clan Discord, made in like 20 minutes of chat:
"PvP Server, a place where PvE players dictate the game development route"
"no more need for me in this garbage game. removed outlaw battles - then they nerf the ship i loved for piracy. RIP true pirates."

And the numbers of online players do not mean nothing, a lot of people having alts (even couple of them), OW is almost empty at times in heavily occupied locations.

16 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

So maybe two quotes from clan Discord, made in like 20 minutes of chat:
"PvP Server, a place where PvE players dictate the game development route"
"no more need for me in this garbage game. removed outlaw battles - then they nerf the ship i loved for piracy. RIP true pirates."

And the numbers of online players do not mean nothing, a lot of people having alts (even couple of them), OW is almost empty at times in heavily occupied locations.