Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

16 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Unless people start buying labor contracts with Victory Marks, the rate at which ships can be produced may not have been increased at all.

There are so many unused LH around, just organize and we can at least ten-fold if not more our ship production.....

14 minutes ago, Borch said:

No one important here but wanted to let you know that I'm playing again as it doesn't feel anymore like I'm trying to piss against the wind.

Anyway, I have some concerns regarding current gameplay:

- Is the raid instance comming soon to the game, providing content for players outside of clans?

- Safe zones are good but is there anything planned to encourage players to leave them? I'm saying encourage as forcing would be wrong direction. Mentioned raids, exploration missions, better loot drops in hostile waters?

- AI still hits too hard in first missions and that will tottaly kill rookie playerbase and also, OW traders are sailing with full armament now making it hard to start for newbies. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

There's probably more but so far so good. Thank you for a good patch and new beautifull ships :)

ROE open for 10-15 min is the answer to safe zones as well... :-)

2 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

3 things.

Cant you just write me a PM and i change it, so we dont have to mess up this topic!?

Respond to the points i made here if you want, instead of picking on interpretations or phrasings.

@admin

pls remove these posts, i changed my original post.

3 hours ago, Donjuan Dimarco said:

I think it would be better doing a complete map reset, because its unfair that other nations have an advantage by uncalculatable circumstances out of the yesterdays port battle issue!

I'm sorry just take the port when you can, if you can't take it now cause of some one else owning it than you wouldn't prob been able to keep it either.  Patch haven't even been out a week let folks get settled in and we will find out how many can afford there land grabs and who can actually hold those grabs too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quineloe said:

How's that work at 8pm when there's always like five swedish players just idling at the end of the Gustavia Bay who would very much intercept a trader fleet approaching?

Also the goods  get bought up by players that figured out when the game releases goods in to the port resorse OR the have big contracts to buy All port stock in every port that sells it so you never get a chance to buy it . there should be no contacts for any port stock items and drops should be randume so every one gets a chance at getting some $$$$$

I like how the game turns out so far. Good work. I will definitely play more now. 

Things still need work:

-Interesting loot system

-Interface with icons for everything. Icons for materials, books and loot should be top priority. 

-Music while sailing or in port. Play this and sail around and feel it for yourself. Completely new game with these tunes. Make something similar and you are golden. 

-Add hostility colors to World map. I like flashing Ports, but we need more visual representation for everything. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ink said:

Coal is produced by players, same for any port

But if no player are producing any thing that port can produce then the port should produce it for a sliely higher price so at least there is some there .don't know how many times sailed to a port that was supposed to have a good a cording to the trader tool and there's none when you get there . trader tool is useless .

Just now, Captain corn blower said:

trader tool is useless .

it was confirmed 1000 times before. Trader tool is useless overall if you want to make a purchase decision.
Trader tool is only useful if you are selling something. it does not provide reliable information on purchasing at all

1 minute ago, admin said:

it was confirmed 1000 times before. Trader tool is useless overall if you want to make a purchase decision.
Trader tool is only useful if you are selling something. it does not provide reliable information on purchasing at all

Don't get all excited !!!!! .just responding to a comment. You missed point 

4 minutes ago, admin said:

I have always seen it as a reference point.  When you see a store has a big sale, you know not every thing listed will still be there when you show up, but maybe you will find a good deal any way.  That how I see the trader tool

5 hours ago, admin said:

well bugs happen. 20 simultaneously starting port battles was not expected and caused bugs in messaging system (placing markers for entry). Today we found that they were actually active and could have been accessed if players relogged. 

And you are doing it once again. Just saying "Bugs happen", fixing bug and leaving situation. We are punished for your mistake (it is brutal, but it wasn't our fault that this bug happened). Thank you once again for fast reaction, but please, learn how to refund for your fails. We are spending our time in this game, so please respect and don't waste it. o7

Edited by Mikocen

5 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

And you are doing it once again. Just saying "Bugs happen", fixing bug and leaving situation. We are punished for your mistake (it is brutal, but it wasn't our fault that this bug happened). Thank you once again for fast reaction, but please, learn how to refund for your fails. We are spending our time in this game, so please respect and don't waste it. o7

there is no mistake with trader tool. trader tool is a dev tool which got into a game for testing but players loved it and asked to keep it. We have no plans to improve it at this stage as there are other priorities.. 

• Like 6

Just now, admin said:

there is no mistake with trader tool. trader tool is a dev tool which got into a game for testing but players loved it and asked to keep it. We have no plans to improve it. 

It is late anwser to yesterday PB issue.

Edited by Mikocen

5 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

Believe it or not -- you have bought a software piece in ALPHA status. This means not even beta. Consider it to be full of bugs and be glad when you've found one. Don't see it from a serious perspective.

Just now, mikawa said:

Believe it or not -- you have bought a software piece in ALPHA status. This means not even beta. Consider it to be full of bugs and be glad when you've found one. Don't see it from a serious perspective.

Here is the rub, it has been in this status for how long?  Three years? Maybe 4 now... 

At this rate it will never finish. 

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Here is the rub, it has been in this status for how long?  Three years? Maybe 4 now... 

At this rate it will never finish. 

As long as features are added, it will not change status. It will change when it is considered to be feature-complete and everything is then only about finding the last bugs. The fact that features were added is mostly because they were demanded by community. So stop demanding and we'll see ;)

1 minute ago, mikawa said:

I know what i bought and i have no problems with fact, that bugs happen. I have problem, that alpha is using for justification for everything. Taking responsibility for these bugs is normal in final product, and in alpha aswell. In my opinion, if we are testing their product, cause its "Alpha", developer should make for us fair environment in which bugs dont decide about (for example) RvR results. In this case they did. 

2 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

In my opinion, if we are testing their product, cause its "Alpha", developer should make for us fair environment in which bugs dont decide about (for example) RvR results. In this case they did. 

No one can ensure that a bug will not decide about RVR results ... ? It's a test environemnt, nothing more but nothing less aswell. You have the chance to learn all the game mechanics before release so you will have a great advantage then over new players. Be glad for that :)

Just now, admin said:

if you look at things from the "Achilles and Tortoise" paradox then all things will never finish 

http://platonicrealms.com/encyclopedia/zenos-paradox-of-the-tortoise-and-achilles

I am just pointing out the obvious.  No need to get defensive. 

And I can list a few dozen if not a hundred vaporware games that have never left "alpha" stage.  But 99% of those are not sold on STEAM at an "A" list game price.

Just saying.

On further review of this patch it is a good patch.  I just wish you would look at the redundancy of some of the ships and stop adding ships that werent successful or even used in the region and add ships that were used.

Just now, Quineloe said:

Have you ever heard of Duke Nukem Whenever?

See above reply.  And Duke Nukem is a special animal... if you wanted to talk about things talk about anything Paradox did... or didnt do.

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I have always seen it as a reference point.  When you see a store has a big sale, you know not every thing listed will still be there when you show up, but maybe you will find a good deal any way.  That how I see the trader tool

I agree . but if a port has a produce able good and no players producing it then the port should .that way your not sail all over looking for it  hours