Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

Just a suggestion about the port owner ship and other info like Tax's and such.  See all that open free space on the HOME screen in port?   Can we maybe get some info put in game of the Owners, Port Status, Tax rate. Maybe how long said port has been owned by current owners?  Would be a great place to put current hostility ratings and by who too. If the port has a port battle scrhedual it should prob be listed here too and at what time.  I know UI isn't the biggest thing on your list, but things like this will go a long way for players.  I shouldn't have to click on map every 5 seconds to know hat is going on in the ports I'm currently in. I get it will need to  be refreshed and all, but would be nice to have the info at your finger tips while in said port.  Even if you have to make it an added tab after the conquest tab.

SXh16MI.jpg

• Like 3

Trincomalees move to engage the Surprise that keeps your big grinders tagged, forces the Surprise to back off. big grinders leave the mission and get into the next one.

I sure hope that the mission fleets will have a little more diversity than just mass Agamemnon, mass Victory.  That would make it even more boring than PVE already is.

One thing: hostility mission must remain open for rejoin or close after all PVE targets have been defeated to prevent jumping into old missions to gank ships and the other players can't reinforce.

e.g. you have your two frigates shooing away a tagging surprise. Your big ships leave, and then a bunch of more surprises join the battle to get the Trincos. If that's allowed, then the big ships that just left need to be allowed back in.

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

We should have a pvp alternative to hostility missions: Raids.

Raid.

Goal: Destroy X number of enemy defenses.

Teams: 12 vs 12.

Activation: Flag system.

If defenders dont come you flip the port in only some minutes. If the enemy shows you will have a nice PB simulation. Win-win.

Since return to port was removed shouldn't your PvP alternative should be ATTACKING the PLAYERS?  Though the problem is your never going to be able to force defenders to PvP if they don't want to.  Just never going to happen.  They will just ignore the raids if they don't want to stop you or get involved in PvP.

• Like 1

1. Raid gives 100% hostility, which can be brought down via anti.
  2. After 22 hours of 100% hostility, PB Flag battle can be bought.
  3. Game must properly show timeslot history of raids.
Edited by Skully

17 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

It just shows how very little you know about your own game. They can join a mission (that are needed for hostility with the new patch) and kite you for 1:30h. Now we can join enemy tagging NPC to raise hostility, the same problem in a different form. 

Community knows more about the game than any individual member including devs. Please avoid condescending statements like yours, as they bring no value and derail discussions. 

Missions purpose is hostility increase. If you sink 10 mission NPCs and raise hostility by X% it does not matter if some lone frigate kites you - you are doing your job he is not. If some solo ship can kite your fleet without punishment maybe your fleet composition is not ideal for the task at hand (raise hostility with minimal time and minimal losses). Port battles and conquest are not a solo activity . Almost every ship has a counter - if someone is kiting - maybe you should think one step ahead and take some counters with you into the mission and to port battle area. You don't have to sink that guy - just deter him from interference - a fast ship can chase this kiter away. 2-3 fast ships in your fleet might even sink him.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Pelennor said:

Who here likes grinding PvE for alowing a PvP instance ? and if so, why ?

Wrong question. What would you like to do when no enemy shows up?

PS. I don't like PvE grinding one bit.

In my last battle port in testbed, one of the NPC defenders was a Pandora. The battle was shallow (Cayo Vacas). The Pandora is really a 6th class ship like the Prince of Neufchatel?? I think its a overpowered ship compared to rattle or prince....

BTW, finally cayo vacas was conquered by spain. However now, after a maintenance, the port was again neutral??? 

38 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Sit outside a port and blockade it. Don't allow any players to sail in or out. 

Well ... the trouble is, if you lock some players in an "empty" battle instance with ships that have cannons for some time, then it results in

So in that sense I can understand that Ink is hesitant to see a mechanic like that again.

On 2/9/2017 at 11:15 AM, Ink said:

Are you going to change how the hostility generation is working? So it becomes more interesting, and not just PvE grinding..

Hostility system was partially proposed by players and was supposed to bring people together in jolly cooperation vs other nations. But it did not. If there are more enemies than you have you don’t engage and enemies pve. same happens against you. Thus hostility points failed. We will try tweaking it one more time but we are very pessimistic about hostility points now.

Edited by Skully

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

How can a tax be daily?  Maybe it's about maintenance cost?

the indication is "daily tax" followed by about 64k gold, and it is placed - when you select the port in the map - near the tax rate 10% in a deep water port recently conquered by a spanish clan, while a shallow water port in the same situation (I mean recently conquered by the same spanish clan) has only the tax rate but no "daily tax".

19 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Trincomalee will lose all sails after couple of minutes of constant 4 stern chasers fire of chain with sniper accuracy from Surprise. Trincomalee has 4 bow chasers, doe... but whoever is firing them has a drunken accuracy so might as well shoot into the air. After Trinc with 60-70% sails will give up chase, Surprise will head back to kite again. Someone might actually say that Trincs should bring 200 Rig Repairs lol. 

Chasing away enemy is not a win. As long as enemy is not dead, he will come back sooner or later. A win situation is when you manage to kill your enemy. 

That's like chasing Surprises ganking at capitals with SOLs. Sure they will runaway, but will come back as soon as SOLs go back to ports.

The initial point was that a fast frigate could keep the grinders tagged in a battle without any more NPCs to sink for the entirety of the battle.  This was my counterpoint. The ships involved really do not matter, the point is the big grinders can exit and tag the next fleet while the harrassing Surprise remains in battle until it can escape.

>Surprise will head back to kite again.
Who, exactly? the big ships have left. The defending Frigate is keeping the surprise in battle.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Nonetheless, Prince got a huge handicap as you cannot turn a foremast, just this funny little foresail at the bottom which is almost useless for manoeuvring. Hermaphrodite rigging should make this ship very universal. Prince is better rigged than a Pickle, yet Pickle seems to be a better sailor from my observations.

This has been fixed in the last patch on testbed. Prince's foremast is now correctly depicted as square rigged and you can manual sail thoses. Kudos to devs for that ninja fix.

Sailing profile still include a massive speed loss when sailing downwind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I haven't seen official tests by @jodgi yet, but we expected Prince to have a good sailing profile all the way around, almost like a pickle but better. I still got no idea why Privateer handles worse downwind than a Lynx... (1-3 knots slower in ALL angles). Nonetheless, Prince got a huge handicap as you cannot turn a foremast, just this funny little foresail at the bottom which is almost useless for manoeuvring. Hermaphrodite rigging should make this ship very universal. Prince is better rigged than a Pickle, yet Pickle seems to be a better sailor from my observations.

About her guns and crew ...

http://www.1812privateers.org/Privateers/leandlog.html

Also:

Nice quotes. Interestingly she is as famous for fighting off Endyimon's boats (she was down on crew off on prizes too) than for her privateering (See Roosevelt). Keep in mind thought that she was initially rigged as a schooner so it is unclear with which rig she made her best speed. As @Serk points out she is now properly rigged as a hermaphrodite brig in game and one would think she would sail faster downwind.

3 hours ago, victor said:

@admin

Today on testbed I saw in one conquered port in the map the indication "daily tax" while in another conquered port there is no "daily tax" at all, what is it all about exactly?

daily tax = tax collected in that port last day.

This might get replaced by High Medium Low in the future as captains of that time did not know exact tax but only could guess the richness of the city. This information will be very useful to find port battle targets to reap the rewards from popular (rich) cities like Cartagena

54 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

Nice quotes. Interestingly she is as famous for fighting off Endyimon's boats (she was down on crew off on prizes too) than for her privateering (See Roosevelt). Keep in mind thought that she was initially rigged as a schooner so it is unclear with which rig she made her best speed. As @Serk points out she is now properly rigged as a hermaphrodite brig in game and one would think she would sail faster downwind.

we agree with the comments that it should be more flexible. Its just we wanted to make it very fast at one point of sail but maybe we need to reconsider due to sail plan

• Like 5

12 hours ago, admin said:

daily tax = tax collected in that port last day.

This might get replaced by High Medium Low in the future as captains of that time did not know exact tax but only could guess the richness of the city. This information will be very useful to find port battle targets to reap the rewards from popular (rich) cities like Cartagena

thanks for the info