Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

Captains.

Unity 5 build is being deployed and will be live today

Goals for testing

• Try to report problems that came out due to porting to UNITY 5 (and our QA could have missed) with fonts, sounds, particles, other issues related to visuals and sounds
  • Try to report stability and performance problems
  • Test new ships - by fighting them in pvp and pve. 
  • Special upgrade test - a very good upgrade that was increasing vertical sector of fire was not working for misterious reasons after wipe and was crashing (freezing) client for participants in the battle. We want to bring it back. We have provided all ships with this upgrade - please have as many pvp fights as possible. Ideal nation for this is pirates (as you can have never ending outlaw battles) right near Mortimer.
    • We have provided 30 ships to have it done. We plan to add more before weekend in case you run out.
    • We will provide the skill book that we want you to test (related to fire sectors)

Please report feedback in this topic. Report bugs by F11 and cross post here if you feel so. 
Also post beautiful screens of new vessels if you get ones you like very much. 

UPDATE Will be delivered today on 1st of September

• Taxation added
    • Nations have implemented defenses in the national waters close to capitals and main regional centers
    • To support this protection level all nations have added national tax of 10% for all purchases and all sales on the market and through private trade
  • Clans owning the ports can change tax levels and invest into some port improvements
    • increase trading goods supply
    • make city open for everyone
    • reduce labor hours
    • Additional improvements are planned
  • Hostility updated for test bed
    • Hostility missions generate hostility 10x faster
    • Port battles start 30 mins after hostility reach 100%
  • All captured ports can be taken over individually. Map is reset. 

Captains are requested to conquer a port or two. 

All numbers are not final and will be subject to change. Testbed is not a stable environment - expect the worst.

how to get in

• Like 10

did the key and download now its saying i need to check game intergerity etc etc..uninstalling and reinstalling gonna see it that works

yup now content file locked..lol glhf testing not gonna fight this

now it done screwed up steam had to uninstall steam and trying to reinstall all my stuff thx for this

@admin Did you seed the shop with a mixture of cannons/Carros?  So folks can try out different load outs in such ships and the mods with different guns.  Might get something funky with one type that isn't effecting other guns.     Basically put some longs and Carros in the shop to go with the mediums and hopefully enough money to buy the cannons for each ship?

Since it's not ready yet heading to bed for a slight nap and than it should be up by than.

2 minutes ago, Ink said:

If you did not activate your redeemables, you will keep them on your account, new character will have them too.

If you already used redeemables and delete your character, new character won't have them

Many people did not get guns. I got 66 redeemables, including longs on my main. My alt, which I created on the Testbed for the first time, got only 54 redeemables and no guns whatsoever.

EDIT: After redeeming some stuff I got guns on my alt. Double what I got on my main so far even.

Edited by Anolytic

Potentially fatal bug for AMD Users:

Whenever a cannon is fired(whether it be friendly or enemy) it causes a driver crash on my AMD system, both stock and overclocked settings(both being 100% stable as per hours of testing)

My specs are as following:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5
Cooling: custom loop(Both CPU and GPU)
RAM: 16GB 2400 MHz crucial ballistix
GPU: R9 Nano Overclocked to 1040MHz
Storage: 525GB Crucial MX300 m.2 Drive, 120GB Samsung SSD 840 Evo and 3TB western Digital Black
PSU: Cooler Master V850 with cablemod custom sleeving
Case: NZXT h440

If anything else is needed from me(like the logs(in which case, please tell me where to find them)) please lead me to the correct place. Also, if any other AMD users could test out for this, obviously would be good.

edit: Not running latest drivers, 17.4.3 is the ones im running atm,  will try updating graphics drivers later.

12 minutes ago, Khyron said:

this is my first test bed use, new character. didn't get cannons :-(

all good, i'll go trading on the regular server while the pop is low ;-)

What is character creation date?

5 minutes ago, Captain Dug said:

massive glitch found - I entered a mission and got this loading screen and shortly after it put me back into OW and I received money/xp without completing the mission.

errr.png

I once had the same happen to me when we were testing the previous patch (before the wipe). It only happened one time, and it went exactly the same. Enter missions, very long loading screen, a pop up and you go back to OW and get XP and gold. Never had it on the live servers. I did a report on that.

So this might be not related specificaly to Unity 5.

• Like 1