Game-Labs Forum

Logoff after Battle

#1.  Being able to tag someone over and over again is a game breaker.  People can't play for continuous hours all the time, as has been mentioned before.  Hell, with the current mechanics, and if one of the nations had the population to support it, you could keep a player in battle indefinitely, er, I mean until server restart, which could be 20 hours later or more.  Something has to be done to stop this.  It must be fixed if Naval Action is going to be a game people play.

#2.  The whole warping into battle at close distance must be fixed.  Fine, have long join timers, but make people spawn 3km for every minute into the battle they join.  If they join 2 minutes late, 6km away.  If they join 3 minutes late, 9km away.  If they join 30 seconds late, 1.5km away.  They have literally traveled several dozen nautical miles to join the battle, they must spawn FAR, FAR, FAR away and finish their sail to the battle.

Otherwise we get the Twilight Zone that is currently Naval Action with invisible warping sailing ships doing an impossible teleport jump and materializing out of thin air more accustomed to a space game.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 8

For the life of me I never understood why we go back and implement mechanics that had already been tested and found to be bad. The entire reason a return to port option was created post battle was to counter revenge gank/fleets....then for some reason we went ahead and brought back the revenge fleets back. Only now they are 10x worse since you have to carry a million repair kits with you and you can keep getting reengaged till they simply run out. Not a fan of some peoples "suggestion" that you need to sail a 15 knot ship to try to avoid this and if you don't it's thus your fault. It's just a terrible mechanic.

Last night fought a 5v1 for a full 90 minutes and managed to survive....the truth is that I could have been virtually engaged again this time with limited repair kits left and potentially locked in battle for another 90 minutes. It just an exhausting, poorly thought out mechanic that does nothing to promote PvP. While I'm here I want to once again say how much I hate the random gear drops that make a huge difference on ship performance but are completely RNG to obtain. What in the world direction are we moving? I don't consider this stuff to be "hardcore" I just consider it to be poor design.

NA is looking more and more to be moving toward a sandbox PVE focused game with Legends being the place where they want PvP people to go....

• Like 8

Well I Believe NA is now strictly for PB/PvE only players. OW PvPers will be forced to go to arena, I guess. Because the mechanics right now punish anyone who dares to do open world PvP extremely heavily. So bad that if you look for PvP you can't even log out afterwards and can be tagged over and over for hours. 

• Like 5

Reading some comments of some players, i think these people should play in a PVE, or off-line game; others should instead play in a clans-game. Surely they should not play a  game focus on war-sailing ships.
They also make confusion with hardcore, difficoult and etc; when they simply do not want to fight.
Let's talk about it, NA's strength is combat, it's what attracted people to buy it and play it.

Playing at NA, you understand that people are not used to fighting, but prefer to use exploit (the example written by Liq is a clear example of this). People in this game prefer to shoot at AI, to win magical bonuses. Log off in front ports for PB, etc.

I agree with Liquicity, and with the other players who want to play an online game (PvP).

Call me a frustrated player, but the game is broken at the moment. In the past it was a bit better.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Hodo said:

There are ships IN the shops.  But not in the shops you are going to. 

I have seen several ships in Charleston on Global, ships are for sale in Mortimer, and in KPR.  AND even Havana.

But the market isnt as strong as it was pre-wipe but it is getting stronger day by day.  Oh and there was 350 people on Global Sunday night around 6pm EST.  So dont say it is dieing off. 

Wow 350 players! A record indeed. We have around 800 in PVP EU and believe me, they are not much for such an huge world.

5 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Victor, what do you care?  You can sail from port to port in more safety increasing your pixel bank account.  

Its obvious why many with over 2000 hours in the game are "taking a break"...   

And you cant still haunt this forum increasing your pixel ego with such a smart attitude, terror of the seas

6 minutes ago, victor said:

Wow 350 players! A record indeed. We have around 800 in PVP EU and believe me, they are not much for such an huge world.

The difference between your EU and Global is, we never dropped below 250, and we did it without having the top slot on the login server selection screen.  If the servers were reversed there would be WAY more on Global.

1 hour ago, victor said:

And you cant still haunt this forum increasing your pixel ego with such a smart attitude, terror of the seas

Your pre-occupation with my opinions are becoming creepy, Victor.  Kindly add me to your ignore list if you continue to get the vapors.

We can't keep insisting this to be tweaked back and forth forever. Solo hunters want stuff, but the ganking shit heads will exploit it to the point where there are no more players left in OW. Traders and crafters don't want shorter join times or longer invisibility. The EXIT to port was to easy. It removed all the risk involved into entering OW. I loved it, used to sail in front of KPR daily. Then exit back into La something and log off. It was easy, to easy! 

Imo keep the battle open for 5 minutes and then give 60 sec invisibility. This is somewhat balanced. If the battle is to close to a friendly port, more player will join. When you are done you have 60 sec to get some distance. This should be enough.
Problem here is that the someone will exploit this and surround players while invisible, so we should never get this from leaving battles with AI. The exploiting gankers will then just use their alts to engage in a nice area and then leave invisible when something tasty passes. This is already going on, so giving them more or less time will not change anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlteSocken said:

Are you sure? I pick my server by ping-time. EU is 29ms and Global ~ 130-250ms

But ping doesnt matter.  

(just quoting what all the euros told the US players a few months ago)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hodo said:

But ping doesnt matter.  

(just quoting what all the euros told the US players a few months ago)

I have100-110ms on global and I can tell there is no difference to EU where I have 5-10ms. Even boarding feels the same.

What matters regarding server choice is the portbattle restriction on EU vs no on Global. 

• Like 1

Welcome to "Naval Action" where players can leave a battle which they already are outnumbering in to then simply group up with a bigger zergfleet, which can assemble outside the battle location due to the existence of two dimension, 1) compressed OW and 2) battle instances.

I can't recommend this game to anyone at this state.

Great gameplay!

@admin

• Like 5