Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.1

admin

Are you saying that every player choosing a British flag should have their game play nerfed by a few errors by clans - many of us did not play on the test bed and without the knowledge we spent a lot of time trying to figure out the changes at the start - I had no idea my masts were so vulnerable - they nerfed it since which was right but we have to live with the result. The all seeing analysis of our failures is much easier with the benefit of hindsight and we still needed longs to avoid the long range bombardment the next time and we had to attack a defended port with fewer ships knowing the odds are normally about 4 to 1 in favour of the attackers and getting worse. Yes we lost and could have done better - not really the point though.  

Clearly players should be told some nations are harder or impossible compared to others before they choose and that you can't play without "ts" or "unified and dominant "clan" membership in a nation that already has resources if you want to enjoy all aspects of the game. 

By the way how many alts do you think troll Brit ts? Its unusable for operations.

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Before patch they have all ways spawned 2-3 more ships than your side had.   The thing is your side AI was removed and they are meant to have 4-6 players in them.  So if you go in with one ships than they are going to have more ship than you.  I'm sorry if you can't sink like AI ships in a battle with 1-3 more ships than you, maybe you don't need to be in those ships.   IF you have 4 1st rates and your matched against 2 1st rates and saying 2-4 2nd rates you should still be able to wipe the floor against AI.   If your having problems with those odds you might want to take a step back and down grade to a lower tier ship and or look at the builds of your ships and how you have your perks and gun set up.  My clan has solo fought those mega fleets of 25 on open world with 12-16 1st/2nd rates and one ship lost.  That is almost a 2 to 1 odds against us.   This was almost an  instant 50-60% agro for a region and flip for port battles.    Now we don't have that many SOL's yet but I would say with current combat changes and ships builds I wouldn't try that odds just yet.   Maybe ya'll are just biting off to much than you can chew.  Stop going in there with just a few guys.  Get a full group of 4-6 guys or even 12 and do them.

I didn't screenshot our battle but we did a 3rd rate missions, we took i think 6-7 ships and we got 25 ships against us, grants 4th and 5th rates but still 25 ships!

I took these however for our test missions to see spawns. 

Seems only Post captain (4th rate) and above spawn lots and lots and lots more ships to your own fleet, the Master and commander(5th rate) Spawns just fine.

Edit Will attach screens when i fine them, as for fleet missions of a high level No one wants to do them we certainly do not want to risk 1st-3rd rates so no one bothers with them anymore.

20170531144504_1.thumb.jpg.f6e733373c71116bce05a860597ec14b.jpg20170531150012_1.thumb.jpg.a1c327b1d152461de9c4fd0fb717cce1.jpg

Edited by ironhammer500
Spoilers
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, victor said:

Because the average OS PVPer in this game is a frigging elists that likes very much to stompo noobs?

And the point is not that he has no interest in doing it: the point is that you a high rank player is allowed to grief a noob, but a noob cannot grief a high rank player. And that's not fair at all.

NOOBS?  Really 99% of the folks I seen in basic cutters trolling are Rear Admrial rank not some one that just started the game.   Those where the folks that abused them over the past week or two.  Not the new players just learning the game. It was old time players that where maxed rank or close to it trolling other players in  a risk free high rewards ship.

• Like 3

Just now, victor said:

Uhm .. I thought you was one of the "hardcore" players.

But It's not so hardcore ragequitting until devs change mechanics that you do not like.

It was gamebreaking, being forced to run from cutter spam fleets and waste all repairs while they would just be sitting there and jerk off

I do like a good and somewhat equal fight. But afk sailing all the time just to refill repairs just to get cutterswarmed again I didnt like, really

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

I didn't screenshot our battle but we did a 3rd rate missions, we took i think 6-7 ships and we got 25 ships against us, grants 4th and 5th rates but still 25 ships!

I took these however for our test missions to see spawns. 

Seems only Post captain (4th rate) and above spawn lots and lots and lots more ships to your own fleet, the Master and commander(5th rate) Spawns just fine.

Edit Will attach screens when i fine them, as for fleet missions of a high level No one wants to do them we certainly do not want to risk 1st-3rd rates so no one bothers with them anymore.

Since I don't play on PvE you might want to make a thread about it and gather some info and date. Not many of us on PvP servers are in SOl's yet so we haven't really tested them much. There could be problems with the BR match up.  I'm sure the Devs would love this data gather for them to help out if any thing needs to be tweeked.  It might help us on PvP servers by time we get up into the big boys.  You know since we actually have to craft them and not capture.  Kinda would like to see what those capture ships builds look like from the AI's.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Since I don't play on PvE you might want to make a thread about it and gather some info and date. Not many of us on PvP servers are in SOl's yet so we haven't really tested them much. There could be problems with the BR match up.  I'm sure the Devs would love this data gather for them to help out if any thing needs to be tweeked.  It might help us on PvP servers by time we get up into the big boys.  You know since we actually have to craft them and not capture.  Kinda would like to see what those capture ships builds look like from the AI's.

There was a topic made by a mod or dev and i posted my pics again i didnt get more when i could of and well no one wants to try missions for the fear of losing ships, much safer and easier to hit OW fleets.

But the basic cutter problem I dont see is fixed really :/

As said it just means one out of the group will buy an npc cutter or privateer,etc and be the instigator and pulling the group of basics in with him.

and this is exactly what will happen.

@admin Looks like every one just got another copy of forged papers?   Now if we can get a copy of the current server population of each nation so folks can see if they want to change nations.  Than maybe another one at the end of the month to see if we can balance them out more.

• Like 2

Do the recent changes to the basic cutter essentially effect the Yacht too?

I have been able to log in to check but I'm sensing the worst :(

I think i should be able to attack a player in a ship that requires the purchasing of guns, repairs, rum etc.

Remove the free repair at port that the yacht has and make it like a cutter (non basic one) if you need too

You have already nerfed the redeeming of it so I cant just redeem willy nilly..

I see ample risk involved sailing it to justify it as a viable 7th rate shallow water pvp ship option .

at least for my play style anyways :)

4 hours ago, admin said:

Basic cutter is now a basic pve farming ship. It will not be able to attack players and join pvp battles and outlaw battles (battles originated against the player) as reinforcement. It will still be pulled into combat instance if he is in the pull circle.

So, all we need to do to continue using Cutter Bombs is to pull with another craft and be close?,,,,, Got it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spencekwon said:

Do the recent changes to the basic cutter essentially effect the Yacht too?

I have been able to log in to check but I'm sensing the worst :(

I think i should be able to attack a player in a ship that requires the purchasing of guns, repairs, rum etc.

Remove the free repair at port that the yacht has and make it like a cutter (non basic one) if you need too

You have already nerfed the redeeming of it so I cant just redeem willy nilly..

I see ample risk involved sailing it to justify it as a viable 7th rate shallow water pvp ship option .

at least for my play style anyways :)

Basic Cutter =/= Cutter=/= any other ship in the game......so no.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Salty Dog on Global said:

Clearly you couldn't leave a enemy port so it would be worthless to teleport you to any port.

The nearest port Ally or enemy. It don't dock you into the port, in TP u in front of port, this button must be used in last ressort if you are stuck or lost...

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The Yacht already has to pay for repairs at sea, no free hull, rig or crew repairs like the Basic Cutter.  AND you have to buy the guns for the Yacht.  So nerfing it isnt really needed.

Im not sure if I was clear enough in my post sorry

Im a huge yacht fan and wont to know if i could still attack a player in a yacht.

It's like a hybrid atm classed as "basic" but it isnt one so I wont to know if its "basic" status will effect this.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

While we are at it: Why is there no important conquest region between Sweden and France?

Well Jon, does that even matter?  If you held a "important conquest region" at the beginning of the game, you get nothing..... nada.....zilch.... (unless you are attacked and you defend)   So why does it matter IF there were "important conquest region between Sweden and France"?

4 minutes ago, charognard666 said:

The nearest port Ally or enemy. It don't dock you into the port, in TP u in front of port, this button must be used in last ressort if you are stuck or lost...

I don't think they would dump you in front of an enemy port.

Edited by Salty Dog on Global

4 hours ago, admin said:

knowledge slots changes

07Jc9rw.png

3cnRJFQ.png

If this is the new Knowledge tree it's way better than the old one cause you don't have to master the ship below, just become an expert in it.  It's a good step forward from what we had.   Still not a fan of having to grind so much on the ship below, but this way better than before.

So what I'm seeing is it's only the 3rd slot that you need to unlock something else under it (except the Cerberus) and than the 4th and 5th slot is just grind on that ship?

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If this is the new Knowledge tree it's way better than the old one cause you don't have to master the ship below, just become an expert in it.

You still have to master the lower level ships, but it is a bit easier now.

1 minute ago, admin said:

Yah I get that part, but was just checking that was the new tree.  Cool much better.  Might go back to some small ships and grind them now.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

1 minute ago, admin said:

Can we get a bit of cross-pollination between the two frigate branches? It's extremely artificial and ahistorical to split them in two like that.

5 slots of Renommee should unlock the 3rd on Belle Poule, for example.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maturin said:

Minimizing the importance of mods that can be destroyed, less gear-based gameplay.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean the ship knowledge itself, which I think is a fine replacement of the old upgrade system. What I'm asking about is the need to link ship knowledge between the ships. - i.e. why you need to have a certain ship knowledge in the Renommee before you can gain high ship knowledge in the Surprise, for example.

... What is the thought behind it? What do you hope to accomplish with it?

Edited by Niels Terkildsen
  • Like 1