Game-Labs Forum

27 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

I dont think u guys understand me, because ur on a PvP server does not make you a PvP player...to be a PvP player you must fight other players...ok....PvE will be traders people who only trade but play on Pvp server for idk the fun, pop w.e same with Missions grinders who dont do PvP but play on PvP server are still PvE players.

You guys understand now? Not everyone on PvP is always fighting another player unless PvP server is just arena fighting now.

Are you that same kid I jumped in a trader the other night? The one that was whining and crying about how all he did was trade and I should leave him alone in a PVP server?

14 minutes ago, Werewolf said:

Are you that same kid I jumped in a trader the other night? The one that was whining and crying about how all he did was trade and I should leave him alone in a PVP server?

Well looking at these prices and 1 dura boats I would cry as well. It's not his fault Devs make their game hardcore oriented. PvP or not, balance in needed. 

Edited by Ned Low

47 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

I dont think u guys understand me, because ur on a PvP server does not make you a PvP player...to be a PvP player you must fight other players...ok....PvE will be traders people who only trade but play on Pvp server for idk the fun, pop w.e same with Missions grinders who dont do PvP but play on PvP server are still PvE players.

You guys understand now? Not everyone on PvP is always fighting another player unless PvP server is just arena fighting now.

I understand what you are saying. You prefer a peaceful life doing your trade runs etc or grinding on bots. Thats great that you enjoy that part of the game because the warriors need you to war.       But if you are on a pvp so wheather you want to or not youre gonna be open to attack if you are on a pvp server.

If you think you are innocent and should not be attacked cuz youre a pve guy well you are wrong ( dead wrong ha ha ha) because your pve is what supplies the pvp goods that killed my family  so you are just as guilty in the pvp relm.

2 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

I understand what you are saying. You prefer a peaceful life doing your trade runs etc or grinding on bots. Thats great that you enjoy that part of the game because the warriors need you to war.       But if you are on a pvp so wheather you want to or not youre gonna be open to attack if you are on a pvp server.

If you think you are innocent and should not be attacked cuz youre a pve guy well you are wrong ( dead wrong ha ha ha) because your pve is what supplies the pvp goods that killed my family  so you are just as guilty in the pvp relm.

But still make life impossible for PvE(trader, crafter) then you dont get ships to pvp in.

7 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Who or how is your life being made of impossible?  

Well im looking at the forums people are complaining about the advent of Speed ships, personally i had no issue but the problem is risking to get mats and going super far now, i play On PvE server because i got sick of the PVP whine and PvP global chats, also i was Pirate so i guess that is why i hate it.

17 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Well im looking at the forums people are complaining about the advent of Speed ships, personally i had no issue but the problem is risking to get mats and going super far now, i play On PvE server because i got sick of the PVP whine and PvP global chats, also i was Pirate so i guess that is why i hate it.

Well tbh yourr never gonna fix the people crying on global. I thought global was removed but i guess not.  Ships go as fast as they can go plus mods or skills so i dont know what the complaint is.

I dont get how pve is fun or how trade is fun so ill never understand where you are comming from but if youre going far for goods thats on you and you need to charge accordingly and if you cant so it safely then just dont do it but again i dont know how you have fun by clicking the sell button to begin with. 

Side note....you was a pirate why are you buying selling and trading?!?! Go steal the shit from guys like you trying to sell stuff lol. Either way you are on a pve server now so you are happy and probably where you need to be anyways.

Good luck.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Well tbh yourr never gonna fix the people crying on global. I thought global was removed but i guess not.  Ships go as fast as they can go plus mods or skills so i dont know what the complaint is.

I dont get how pve is fun or how trade is fun so ill never understand where you are comming from but if youre going far for goods thats on you and you need to charge accordingly and if you cant so it safely then just dont do it but again i dont know how you have fun by clicking the sell button to begin with. 

Side note....you was a pirate why are you buying selling and trading?!?! Go steal the shit from guys like you trying to sell stuff lol. Either way you are on a pve server now so you are happy and probably where you need to be anyways.

Good luck.

I guess to each his own! Play and let play, that's my motto.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

But still make life impossible for PvE(trader, crafter) then you dont get ships to pvp in.

You do realize most of us pvp'ers do our own econ, right? It's not like we sit around waiting for your overpriced goods. For every combat mission, I run 3 econ missions. I've never needed help from a pve player...ever.

I dunno  u need a blend of everything balanced otherwise your missing the point of a open world age of sail game....people have been waiting like 7 years or more for this game... so sucks to see people arguing so much.    pvp has its place, trade and commerce have their place. Crafting has its place.   missions/open sea pve  has its place.   if you take any of these away then it is like doing a poor job at the game and cutting chunks away and not making it a complete masterpiece.

Maybe open sea small group/single ship pve engagements would solve part of the OP's issue? not sure how plentiful they are nowadays. 

On 7/6/2017 at 0:56 PM, Sir William Hargood said:

This came is seriously unforgiving coming out of the blocks...it is extremely difficult for the average casual player....If you are not in a Clan you will not survive I'm certain of that.

I have 2880 hours in this game ... I am back a week now...and have gained virtually nothing ... okay I'm not in a Clan, by choice, ... I have a Warehouse so I can craft the exorbitant guns .. but can't coz the hardcore grind to get anything is just silly ... how much must I grind? ... I have a life outside of this game you know ... I was cruising along fairly nicely ... until I lost my free Pickle ... on my first run out ... at huge expense I fitted her with long 6 pdrs, repairs, more crew etc ... Subsequent fitting of 6pds meds or longs on a free Cutter saw immediate change in the same enemy Cutter/Privateer/Pickle you have been fighting which suddenly go into HMS Indestructible mode with guns that tear up your Basic Cutter in no time.

This combined with no/zero rewards when you sink is very very disheartening ... and that has happened to me more times than I care to mention ... an indescribable sense of waste of time and effort ...  wtf!!! ... I cannot imagine what the effects of losing a heavy frigate or higher is going to be.

How is this going to embolden players into more PVP? ... It cannot possibly ... other than the Hardcore Clan players who can throw 40 hours a week at this game!!! This game is NOT for the casual player.

I cannot see how the Devs think they are going to keep/attract newby players!!! Hardcore is hardcore ... fine ...is it really relevant here? Not so sure. I concur with what fransgelden says.

+1 from me

The downfall began already for more than a year ago. This game was my favorite for two motnhs - then they made it harder to find a fight (cut down joining times for battles), they made it harder to purchase a ship and now they have made trading harder (harder as in: time consuming). 

Most players are annoyed by the present form. I have no idea why they have cut down all the fun parts. Its has become a simulator and not a game. The problem is: no one has the time for simulating a boring eventless world in 19th century...

Terrible waste of such a big potential. Amazing combat-model, though.

This game had a living community with nations and diplomacy and a lot of fightning. Now its almost only PVE grinding and no PVP unless you traders brig is ganked. How fun is that?

My advice would be: quit the OW. 

Rebuilt the game from Legends and onward. Then when Legends works you could add some OW elements down the road without loosing the core: PVP-action which this game - engine is build for.

On 7.6.2017 at 5:50 PM, fransgelden said:

This is just who I am are. I cannot withhold myself from venting my frustration in the game and TS, because if I don't vent, I will become bitter and even more frustrated.

This is not how human psychology works, but I won't interrupt your narrative further...

On 7/6/2017 at 3:24 PM, Hodo said:

So in short you are mad because you cant sail around in a big expensive Ship of the Line and pew pew other people 2 weeks after a complete wipe?  

Ok... I hate to say this but that is a good thing.  Before SoLs were used for EVERYTHING.  From PVE grinding to fishing.  No really fishing.  

It was beyond retarded it was frakking retarded! 

The current system is forcing people to learn to sail in ships that actually require skill to use, not just brute force.  If you cant handle that then perhaps this IS not the game for you and you should go to something simple like World of Warcraft or something else that you can macro gear grind all day.

Hodo - when you get older you learn a lesson: to listen to other persons. To hear what they are saying.  

Im telling you: this game is getting a lot of players frustrated. Only very dedicated hard-core players are having fun right now. Its a really bad buisness model. I feel that I bought a good product that has been changes in such a way, that it is almost unusable now. 

You can blame me for being a wrong player or do things wrong, but that just pisses me further off as a customer. The customer is always right, remember?

Im not going to purchase another Game-Lab game again unless its finished and are having some excellent game reviews on serious medias. Its not that complicated. 

I dont think any buisness-owner want that sort of customers. Do you?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Im not going to purchase another Game-Lab game again unless its finished and are having some excellent game reviews on serious medias. Its not that complicated. 

Unbelievble but I have to agree foxy for this sentence! Even if I am very interested  about ultimate general civil war.

More fun/hour = more players in game = better balanced economy = more players participating in pvp

Don't understand how all you hardcore players don't get that.

Also: Look at the steam reviews, should tell you what the majority of players purchasing this game think of it.  Not gonna sell a lot of copies with the game rated mostly negative recently.

Edited by ltdan83
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hodo said:

I agree with you, and I hear what you are saying, but you also may not be fully understanding what I am saying.  Sometimes to have fun you have to put forth a little bit of effort.  Maybe its because my day to day life I am paid on commission which means I put forth more effort everyday than most people do in an entire year or because I grew up in a military family.   But I have made suggestions that are compromises to help alleviate some of the stress that a little more lax players maybe feeling.   

But is it fun to bang your head on a wall constantly till it bleeds? Cause some of the mechanics in that game feel like it at times. I get you feel people should work for something, but the your idea of work for something seems like they should treat the game like its a manual labor style job.

I mean if you find bashing steel into shape  for 12 hours, or laying down tracks for 12hours fun...(loads of other boring and hard work i couldn't think off) then welp i think you need to look at the meaning of fun and fun in a gaming term.

• Like 1

Just now, Hodo said:

I honestly dont find much of this stuff boring.  Sailing across massive stretches of open ocean is a bit boring, but it is a sailing game.  

And I know blacksmiths in real life, and I can say nothing they do is boring.

Well tbh blacksmith was a bad example, as id find it fun, i mean i found it fun to sit and watch the guy shape a lump of metal into a fine sword...but you get what i mean people do not want their game to feel like a chore. Endless sailing for no reward to most players is boring, or endless sailing only to lose a ship after an hour is kinda dull...

6 hours ago, Hodo said:

I agree with you, and I hear what you are saying, but you also may not be fully understanding what I am saying.  Sometimes to have fun you have to put forth a little bit of effort.  Maybe its because my day to day life I am paid on commission which means I put forth more effort everyday than most people do in an entire year or because I grew up in a military family.   But I have made suggestions that are compromises to help alleviate some of the stress that a little more lax players maybe feeling.   

Don't take it personal and I must apologize, but I think you are wrong here. Yes, maybe, in real life, you have to work hard in order to get some satisfactions or rewards. We all do it (except for rich kids like Donald Trump Jr.), working all week long to gain a bit of money and vacation time to spend with our beloved friends and family. Livin' the life, you know...

On the other hand, Naval Action is a video game. It's not an extension to our real lives. At night, when we (casual players) get back from a hard day of work, we want to spend some quality time playing video games having fun at it. In my opinion, a game should be stress relieving, not an extension to it (except when you're in a great PVP battle!! This is good stress, good for the hearth you know. Grinding all night long though is what we can call a "bad" stress, caracterized by depressing and raging emotions). Before the patch, casual players could get something out of this game pretty easily, but you already know that and there's plenty of posts about it all over the forum. Hope the devs hear them though...

That's all. 

• Like 4

On 6/8/2017 at 6:55 AM, ironhammer500 said:

P.S End game is kinda boring now, what next? We got 1st rates now what next? Sadly PvE server has no end game content, at least PvP is there for you.

Without the sheep there would be no wolves....so yah you need a balance of PvE and PvP on a server.   

The capping of all ships on PvE made me think that the end game is going to get real boring for you guys cause you don't have to craft big ships, just go cap them.  They should of keep ti to 4th rates and below captured so y'all would still have to craft any SOL's.  Seem to me with every one being able to capture them your market is going to get gold flooded way faster than either of the PvP servers.   Speaking of which I need to log onto PvE and set up my chars some times soon.   That way they can store up Labor Hours if some one wants to buy them off me.  Need to do the same with PvP EU too.

1 hour ago, Sir William Hargood said:

Since Teleporting to and from distant outposts has been disabled I quit this game...uninstalled.

Can I have your stuff, no really, can I?

53 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Without the sheep there would be no wolves....so yah you need a balance of PvE and PvP on a server.   

The capping of all ships on PvE made me think that the end game is going to get real boring for you guys cause you don't have to craft big ships, just go cap them.  They should of keep ti to 4th rates and below captured so y'all would still have to craft any SOL's.  Seem to me with every one being able to capture them your market is going to get gold flooded way faster than either of the PvP servers.   Speaking of which I need to log onto PvE and set up my chars some times soon.   That way they can store up Labor Hours if some one wants to buy them off me.  Need to do the same with PvP EU too.

And the game gets real boring real fast for lack of people.  Every server is starting to drop in population, and soon it will be back to where it was before the patch... WHY? 

Because of the same reasons as before the patch, aka FINE WOODS.....

Says they will adjust things, then ignores things for weeks on end saying.... EVERYTHING is fine..... yet people log out in droves and uninstall.

The lack of information on login for what server is what is just well idiotic, the lack of information on character creation so you know you arent joining a dead nation or a zerg nation.