Game-Labs Forum

Nation Change

EL LOCO

I have a problem of my own making but mainly due to the hotfix that was implemented.  I changed nation from SPAIN to FRANCE (using redeemable) but the recent hotfixes gave no reason for the British to hold Bridgeport, also NPCs were nerfed down making the Antilles no fun like it was before.  I was also under the assumption that we could change back by contacting someone to hold stuff while I delete my character.  

Is there a way to get forged papers back or buy them on the market?   Otherwise I will have to either delete my character  (top rank and top crafter) and start new (which I really don't want to) or delete the game entirely (or wait for final release wipe).  

Thank you in advance. 

For now..I will get ready to change back by getting rid of outposts and just hanging out at a Freeport.

17 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

I have a problem of my own making but mainly due to the hotfix that was implemented.  I changed nation from SPAIN to FRANCE (using redeemable) but the recent hotfixes gave no reason for the British to hold Bridgeport, also NPCs were nerfed down making the Antilles no fun like it was before.  I was also under the assumption that we could change back by contacting someone to hold stuff while I delete my character.  

Is there a way to get forged papers back or buy them on the market?   Otherwise I will have to either delete my character  (top rank and top crafter) and start new (which I really don't want to) or delete the game entirely (or wait for final release wipe).  

Thank you in advance. 

For now..I will get ready to change back by getting rid of outposts and just hanging out at a Freeport.

If your sole purpose is to fight the brits, why you changed to french? Spanish are at war with Britain aswell.

I thought it would be pvp fun heaven as the British should have been determined to hold BRIDGEPORT and the FRENCH needed coal badly with the Swedes pressuring.

But the darn hotfix ruined it and gave everyone coal which made my decision horrible so there was no need for anyone to do anything. .   I switched as the Antilles were fun pvp back in the day but not now.   

Not playing the game now.   Developers of this game give no warning to these drastic changes.

16 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

I thought it would be pvp fun heaven as the British should have been determined to hold BRIDGEPORT and the FRENCH needed coal badly with the Swedes pressuring.

But the darn hotfix ruined it and gave everyone coal which made my decision horrible so there was no need for anyone to do anything. .   I switched as the Antilles were fun pvp back in the day but not now.  

No way in hell would Brits on either server uphold a dedicated defense of Bridgetown. Without teleports it's at least a 2 hour sail which heavily limits those who can attend and the port is so far away that any resources would require intense cargo hauing which barely anybody will do. So why would anybody divert resources and time to such a far away port when even in the first iteration post wipe resources where quite within reach.

• Like 1

Population will reduce very soon if they do not implement my idea of forged papers x2 or craftable or able to buy...or earn.  Please listen to me devs.  I will literally delete this game soon if you do not address this critical issue. I have heard from hundreds of players.    Implement this now

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

Population will reduce very soon if they do not implement my idea of forged papers x2 or craftable or able to buy...or earn.  Please listen to me devs.  I will literally delete this game soon if you do not address this critical issue. I have heard from hundreds of players.    Implement this now

Only x2? I think should be x3 *sarcasm*

6 hours ago, Cabral said:

Only x2? I think should be x3 *sarcasm*

why not x4

On 6/5/2017 at 3:28 PM, EL LOCO said:

Thank you in advance. 

Before you quit, give global a shot.  The french over there do currently hold Bridgeport (Bridgetown?) and there's plenty of british for you to hunt.  If I recall from previous conversations you're based in North America and our timers would be better suited for you.  Plus...VCO misses hunting the great EL LOCO!

Edited by Christendom

You cannot trade forged papers.  You use them.  So currently it is impossible.   However.  Admin stated that forged papers will either be craftable or bought in the near future. (which could mean years).  Before.  One could transfer stuff to another player and delete account.  Not now.   

Regardless.  They have the code for it now and the devs can just give you a forged papers redeemable to certain players.    I think they should have given us 2 forged papers each.  One to try ..and one to go back .  The devs did not explain this well enough.   Like having 2 passports.

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

why not x4

Before you quit, give global a shot.  The french over there do currently hold Bridgeport (Bridgetown?) and there's plenty of british for you to hunt.  If I recall from previous conversations you're based in North America and our timers would be better suited for you.  Plus...VCO misses hunting the great EL LOCO!

I play the game during European hours as I trade the stock market (actually just babysitting short term option contracts).  I have to do something else while I watch my 4 monitors or I might do something I should not have done.    I Avoid pvp during opening and closing hours as that can be disaster for real money and game money. .   

Thanks for the infor anyways!  Cheers

2 minutes ago, manuva85 said:

Lesson from this? If you fail cry loud and clear and you shall be saved...

Yeah because this game needs more of two things - the inability to change nations and toxicity.. GJ making a profound and meaningfull impact on the discussion.

40 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

I hate traitors and disloyal players... Do NOT ask me to support their bullshit!

Pls qoute me in full or not at all.. And I'm not asking you to support or even like anything - but ppl are from time to time going to be either dissatisfied with the rest of the clans in a nation or just in the mood for a change, I don't consider it "disloyal" or "traiterous" - if ppl perceive little to no benefit from working together with one set of clans in a faction I see no reason why they shouldn't opt for a second nation or set of clans.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:53 AM, Ink said:

Captains received additional forged papers item within today's hotfix

This would be great if we had an update of the server population and national break down like what was done one weekend back before the patch was announced.

dFbC8bb.png

And than do another at the end of the month so folks that don't want to be in an over populated nation can switch and maybe fill some of the smaller ones.  Though it could back lash and have very small nations pop leave and go to a big one.  This was great cause it shut the folks up in a certain two nations about how had the biggest population and it wasn't who they keep saying did.   Though I would more like to have it to help folks pick a nation if they want to change.

46 minutes ago, admin said:

Next forged papers $10 dollars. Lets turn disloyal players into new ships.

We where thinking it would prob be like 5 bucks in the steam shop upon release, but I like 10 bucks better cause it's just so easy to spend 5 bucks every other week to switch a nation around.  Maybe when it gets to that point have cool down on use.  Like no more than once a month.  

15 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Pls qoute me in full or not at all.. And I'm not asking you to support or even like anything - but ppl are from time to time going to be either dissatisfied with the rest of the clans in a nation or just in the mood for a change, I don't consider it "disloyal" or "traiterous" - if ppl perceive little to no benefit from working together with one set of clans in a faction I see no reason why they shouldn't opt for a second nation or set of clans.

I still have folks that see me as disloyal or traitor for leaving the US nation over a year ago to become a pirate.  The reason I left was exactly what they keep doing being very toxic players and a bunch of carebears.  I'm glad they are letting some folks switch and think they should give folks another option at the end of a month or two.   Though they need to post server pop vs Nation for folks to decide if they want to switch cause of either over pop nation or under pop.

48 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Pls qoute me in full or not at all..... - but ppl are from time to time going to be either dissatisfied with the rest of the clans in a nation or just in the mood for a change, I don't consider it "disloyal" or "traiterous" - if ppl perceive little to no benefit from working together with one set of clans in a faction I see no reason why they shouldn't opt for a second nation or set of clans.

1. As only that bit was adressed by me only that bit needed quoting.
  2. There is a clear difference between people swapping antions after 6-12 months and thsoe who can't stand by their choice for more then 2 weeks!

I have always been in the British nation even when dissatisfied with its direction I made my own content and did not just run off.

16 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:
  1. As only that bit was adressed by me only that bit needed quoting.
  2. There is a clear difference between people swapping antions after 6-12 months and thsoe who can't stand by their choice for more then 2 weeks!

I have always been in the British nation even when dissatisfied with its direction I made my own content and did not just run off.

Congratulations that must make you real special..