Game-Labs Forum
admin

Such is a lord.... part 2

2 hours ago, JCDC said:

Is that the best answer you cant give? you should be a politician. really.

the problem is the profusion of CMs has lead to huge doom fleets. this problem was predicted. The fact that once you have a doom fleet, you are invincible to those who don't, means that the system massively enforces superiority.

your solution, is that somehow we get our entire nation to abandon its areas, and run to an area where they cant get us.

Seriously, we are supposed to make up for bad mechanics by running away rather than addressing them through game design. as if its that simple and the other nations will just leave us alone there, rather than using their vast CM enforced superiority in resources to prevent it.

WOW

Once we move our entire nation to the shallow ports, its also not clear to me how we come back from that. we cant build line ships there, we cant move our materials safely from the Bahamas to our capital, which is pirate central. nor can we fight on the open water between Bahamas and KPR as we wont have any big ships. its really a dumb thing to say and you cant possibly think its a good idea, you just say it as a deflection. this is just not realisitic.

I don't remember any british, americans or dutch  saying the same thing when the British attacked Spanish ports with 2nd and 1st rates and we defended as we could with frigates.

Luckily for you we aren't like old british nation and we don't want to leave you with only one port. Stop crying, organize and fight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rediii said:

It's not a exploit. It's a mechanic admins want to be used so the first landowners get set correctly. I dont like it too but you need to set your regions once before you go active into the RvR.

You were not in this situation from day 1. You got into this situation because you attacked a port once and after you lost you began to do nothing. You could have attacked Sant Iago instantly again so spain wouldnt have many agas. You chose to attack 2 empty regions

The you had the chance to defend pitts town. You rather sailed hours to a far away port to kill some spanish.

Then there was grand turk. I don't even know if you attented that but i guess not.

Even now you have multiple solutions to your problems and all you do is complain.

They attacked Santiago with 23 indefatigables and 2 mortars, we defend with 1 Niágara, 1 surprise, 1 frigate, 1 trinco and 21 indefs.....But we won and got 75 CM. 

2 hours ago, JCDC said:

yes, we can do that. but isn't it sad that the best solution to a bad mechanic is to exploit another one? one that actively avoids PvP play?

again, the whole mechanic actively encourages the avoidance of PvP battles. how is 'set fake PB's' a good solution? its mad.

we just want good RvR with fighting and a fair chance. IF we end up in a bad situation due to events or being beaten then fine, we can adapt tactics as you describe above. but being forced into that corner from day 1 by the game mechanics without ever having lost anything or been beaten or done anything wrong, and having no feasible way out via the point of the game 'naval action' its just clearly wrong.

This is an Alpha, the whole point is to improve the mechanics and point out faults. so, that's what we are doing. the solution cannot just be denial and 'well its you doing it wrong not the game being wrong'. the point is to fix the problem, not make the players adapt to it.

I see, You have a lack of memory and can't remember Santiago PB.

With the restricted hours for the port battles and the Conquest and PVP marks system I am having trouble working up the enthusiasm to come back. The changes to the trading and crafting system are unimpressive too. Experience may change that, but I also seem to have to change servers because of the silly implementation of the restricted hours, colour me unimpressed.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 7:43 AM, Suricato Rojo said:

As a spanish faction player I feel happy... but this may lead to having Spain faction produccing tons of "pensions" if we manage to find some other faction that conquers all gulf ports and gave them back.

This is going to stink of Alt farming at its best. I can see it now, entire clans with alts passing ports back and forth with themselves to farm conquest pension marks.

I do have another question, I thought that the wipe and map reset and change to all of the game mechanics was to promote very tight regional areas that nations could actually defend. The mantra was "Don't expand if you can't defend your ports!" I remember those posts very distinctly. Now you come back with this mechanic which is designed to hyper expand your areas in order to farm these pensions. No one is going to actually inhabit and build outposts in these far flung ports which will be swapped back and forth.

Please make up you minds of how you want this game to go. I want to really like this game again but for me it is starting to get exhausting. If you want senseless port battles everywhere I'm all for it! But you have to make it worthwhile and easier to build the ships and gather the resources to do this. Granted, I am more of a casual player lately and I am sure that there are larger and very organized clans who are working well to produce, but for a player like myself it is nearly impossible to set up an outpost to generate any sort of money to spend on ships without very long sails through unprotected waters. The entire east coast of the USA is only paying 1 gold for just about every craftable resource. If I harvest Iron Ore in Sunbury the payout is one gold per unit while it costs 80 gold per unit to harvest. Convert that to Iron Ingots and it was profitable for a very short time but now it pays 1 gold. Then convert that to Iron Fittings and you guessed it, 1 gold sale price unless I sail around the entire Florida Peninsula through pirate waters into the Gulf of Mexico to sell it for anything higher than 1 gold. There should be viable local markets to sell and trade. Not super high prices, but I should be able to survive. Save the extreme prices for distant foreign ports.  While I understand that there are more players on the server now than before, they are still low numbers. About 300 or so on average? When this game goes on sale what is going to happen to this economy when there are potentially 1000's? 

I don't mean to rant or complain too much but the simple fact is the market is dead in the US. I'm not crying that I want to be a multi-millionaire overnight. I just am not going to be interested in working this hard for this long in a game that is supposed to be fun. I just no longer have the time available especially with Summer finally here to waste on sailing endlessly in a basic cutter.

• Like 3

On 7.06.2017 at 4:59 PM, admin said:

You don't need alts now.

Current conquest marks prices are not final and we are a bit generous with them. But players building rates still have to haul and you can rob them on the way.

So i've got a question:
Why does the current system promotes Port Battle initiation (in ports owned by nation at start) using either Alt Characters or help of "Friendly" Enemy Nation in some sort of bargain: We will initiate PB at your port and you will do the same at our port.

1 hour ago, The Wren said:

This is going to stink of Alt farming at its best. I can see it now, entire clans with alts passing ports back and forth with themselves to farm conquest pension marks.

I do have another question, I thought that the wipe and map reset and change to all of the game mechanics was to promote very tight regional areas that nations could actually defend. The mantra was "Don't expand if you can't defend your ports!" I remember those posts very distinctly. Now you come back with this mechanic which is designed to hyper expand your areas in order to farm these pensions. No one is going to actually inhabit and build outposts in these far flung ports which will be swapped back and forth.

Please make up you minds of how you want this game to go. I want to really like this game again but for me it is starting to get exhausting. If you want senseless port battles everywhere I'm all for it! But you have to make it worthwhile and easier to build the ships and gather the resources to do this. Granted, I am more of a casual player lately and I am sure that there are larger and very organized clans who are working well to produce, but for a player like myself it is nearly impossible to set up an outpost to generate any sort of money to spend on ships without very long sails through unprotected waters. The entire east coast of the USA is only paying 1 gold for just about every craftable resource. If I harvest Iron Ore in Sunbury the payout is one gold per unit while it costs 80 gold per unit to harvest. Convert that to Iron Ingots and it was profitable for a very short time but now it pays 1 gold. Then convert that to Iron Fittings and you guessed it, 1 gold sale price unless I sail around the entire Florida Peninsula through pirate waters into the Gulf of Mexico to sell it for anything higher than 1 gold. There should be viable local markets to sell and trade. Not super high prices, but I should be able to survive. Save the extreme prices for distant foreign ports.  While I understand that there are more players on the server now than before, they are still low numbers. About 300 or so on average? When this game goes on sale what is going to happen to this economy when there are potentially 1000's? 

I don't mean to rant or complain too much but the simple fact is the market is dead in the US. I'm not crying that I want to be a multi-millionaire overnight. I just am not going to be interested in working this hard for this long in a game that is supposed to be fun. I just no longer have the time available especially with Summer finally here to waste on sailing endlessly in a basic cutter.

As a casual player myself I feel your pain. Im content to play in small ship and realize ill never have the best of anything because I don't sink enough time into it.

Just playing now i feel like i will have to take a vacation just to be ablento grind out the stuff necessary to make cannons. 

• Like 2

On 6/10/2017 at 10:29 PM, Hodo said:

The restricted hours for Port Battles problem is solved on the Global Server. 

Yeah I pretty much said that when I said I was forced to move against my wishes leaving behind European friends. As a ship builder, producer and trader the changes seem fairly stupid. Shipping produce before was very boring and long winded. Now with the removal of the teleport to capital it is doubly so. Instead of one multi hour sail with a teleport at the end to return I now have to sail both ways since the tow will take me to the nearest port. Why on earth magnify the grind?? Every action you take seems to be anti trader anti shipbuilder.

You say you want to promote PvP (this should be a choice anyway and its stupid to make this the only way to advance) but by making ships so expensive you will inhibit peoples desire to participate. Every loss entails having to replenish cannons, ships and crew which on rates will be an astronomical amount of cash. Its a lot for even a cutter for a newbie as guns alone runs to in excess of 20K for anything other than freebie ship with 4lb  guns. Couple that with an economy where it is difficult to make money and I think the present system is a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 2

@admin I would suggest that certain level 3 buildings (eg: lvl3 yards) drop conquest marks - as a means of supporting active players.  We are already seeing the impact of players attending PBs that generate CMs drop from the game.  Also, it would be nice to get some consideration for the PBs that took place after the general wipe but before the new CM system suddenly came about - some of us are getting screwed on the CM generation because of the timing of PBs - that might have otherwise been planned out differently, had we known of the dev plans.

Yay... GB nation on PvP EU got Hostility zerged in George Town by 20 Pirates today sailing Agamemnons+.

Tomorrow GB is gonna lose George Town and basicly will be cornered and later razed to the ground. And before i hear it's our own fault that we didnt instigate PB's... we tried, Dutch didnt gave hello kittys, Spanish & Pirates are enemies.. French & US basicly do not exist anymore.. only Danes agreed to some form of help (after receiving own grind in 3 ports).

So yeah, GG Devs, you hello kittyed up gameplay for whole GB nation with your bull crap Pension system.

Edited by Darayavahus

11 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

Yay... GB nation on PvP EU got Hostility zerged in George Town by 20 Pirates today sailing Agamemnons+.

Tomorrow GB is gonna lose George Town and basicly will be cornered and later razed to the ground. And before i hear it's our own fault that we didnt instigate PB's... we tried, Dutch didnt gave hello kittys, Spanish & Pirates are enemies.. French & US basicly do not exist anymore.. only Danes agreed to some form of help (after receiving own grind in 3 ports).

So yeah, GG Devs, you hello kittyed up gameplay for whole GB nation with your bull crap Pension system.

Well Global is looking for willing captains to balance out the nations.  France is looking and so are the Dutch and Swedes.  ALL are welcome to Global, the water is warm and winds are fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Well Global is looking for willing captains to balance out the nations.  France is looking and so are the Dutch and Swedes.  ALL are welcome to Global, the water is warm and winds are fair.

I'm more or less on the fence about going back over to Global (I started there once upon a time) and bringing my little 10 man clan. The frustrating thing at this stage is that it would mean giving up all our xp which we have spent many many many months grinding out. That would be a very hard sell.. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bjerg Bjergsson said:

I'm more or less on the fence about going back over to Global (I started there once upon a time) and bringing my little 10 man clan. The frustrating thing at this stage is that it would mean giving up all our xp which we have spent many many many months grinding out. That would be a very hard sell.. 

Do you not have any xp on that server from before?   And XP isnt an issue it is the lack of money and resources that kind of sucks.   But a clan that works together can over come that in a matter of days.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Do you not have any xp on that server from before?   And XP isnt an issue it is the lack of money and resources that kind of sucks.   But a clan that works together can over come that in a matter of days.  

From what I understood regarding the wipe - once we cashed in our XP on the server that was it, we couldn't make the switch? Was I wrong in that? 

Just now, Bjerg Bjergsson said:

From what I understood regarding the wipe - once we cashed in our XP on the server that was it, we couldn't make the switch? Was I wrong in that? 

No you should have redeemables on both servers.  I still have mine on PVPEU and PVE.

• Like 1

Just now, Hodo said:

No you should have redeemables on both servers.  I still have mine on PVPEU and PVE.

Well that should make the sell easier for most of them. Only one guy (who just reached M&C pre-wipe) didn't have a char on the Global server so he will doubtless be butthurt for a while. I'm still a little on the fence about making the move but I will keep you posted if we do :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bjerg Bjergsson said:

Well that should make the sell easier for most of them. Only one guy (who just reached M&C pre-wipe) didn't have a char on the Global server so he will doubtless be butthurt for a while. I'm still a little on the fence about making the move but I will keep you posted if we do :)

He may not be too butt hurt depending on when he last visited the server.  The system still remembers your last visit xp even if it was from Sept. of last year. So he may not have to start from zero.  Add to that ship skills leveling doubles as character leveling. Since you have to do the ship skills anyway he will recover levels constantly.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bach said:

He may not be too butt hurt depending on when he last visited the server.  The system still remembers your last visit xp even if it was from Sept. of last year. So he may not have to start from zero.  Add to that ship skills leveling doubles as character leveling. Since you have to do the ship skills anyway he will recover levels constantly.

He was a new recruit so he never made a char on Global he thus has no redeemables. 

17 minutes ago, Bach said:

Exactly.  The grind is still there, and it isnt to horrible on Global, while we have our share of drama, we have been pretty cool about it.  We call each other names, and make fun of our nation choices, but we all more or less realize we are the bastard children of Naval Action.

54 minutes ago, Bjerg Bjergsson said:

He was a new recruit so he never made a char on Global he thus has no redeemables. 

Still not to bad.  

After the patch we all had to grind up basic cutter 3. Then 7th Rate 3. Then 6th rate 4. Even if we were level 50 already. After that you get 5th rate to level 4 or 5.  That xp is going to level you to Master & Commander and beyond doing stuff you were going to do anyway. What he will miss is a free Traders Brig, Pickle, Suprise and Indefatigable.  Most of the nations are established enough now we got him covered.