Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 4 for patch 10.00

admin

8 minutes ago, admin said:

for pve farming i need 24lb carronades and 50 of them will cost me 50000 if i craft them. (600 cost + 400 extra effort)

Then i will be getting from 20 to 30k per engagement in pve against enemies that do not really defend themselves then (+loot and guns). (of course i will be doing that away from main combat areas to stay safe). And i will be robbing NPC LGVs if i need more and sometimes they will drop something expensive.

But to craft the cannons you need to build a workshop first. So for new players, you have to calculate with higher prices, because they HAVE TO BUY on the market an cannot craft themselves until they have made enough money to get their economy going. Whil will take aber 2000 cutter missions. =)

8 minutes ago, admin said:

for pve farming i need 24lb carronades and 50 of them will cost me 50000 if i craft them. (600 cost + 400 extra effort)

Then i will be getting from 20 to 30k per engagement in pve against enemies that do not really defend themselves then (+loot and guns). (of course i will be doing that away from main combat areas to stay safe). And i will be robbing NPC LGVs if i need more and sometimes they will drop something expensive.

My point exactly. Frigate sized ships+ cannon cost vs battle reward is fine. Since you can replace it in 5 battles. Why 6th rate need 10 battles to replace? Currently the bigger the ship the easier/faster you can replace it. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aphilas said:

My point exactly. Frigate sized ships+ cannon cost vs battle reward is fine. Since you can replace it in 5 battles. Why 6th rate need 10 battles to replace? Currently the bigger the ship the easier/faster you can replace it. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Well in order to build large cannons you need coal instead of charcoal, which somehow induces a cost progression. But it is not enough. You re right.

Although it is very frustrating playing right now I would advocate there not be major economic/crafting changes until we see how this plays out a couple of weeks from now. Production will ramp up.

My worry is it is very expensive to set up shipyards and seems to take the efforts of many players or alts. I'm not against the high prices as much as God forbid the ship builder we've financed goes on vacation or has some other real life event. Is there a solution to this? Do we need one? Should shipyards (or other production facilities) be a transferable asset?

if you wait 3 weeks to make low level ships more affordable, you will have lost a lot of players. making those ships cheaper to make or buy wont ruin the wider economy, the experienced players just don't use them very much. so its a win win situation.

3 hours ago, Lanfire said:

i agree.

But 120`000 Gold for a frig with bad Build-In upgrades is too much

aXyWu5.png

Really, how long would it take you to get the 129K for that? 2 hours or so if your starting at 0 coin. Stop thinking of the price relative to before the patch and start thinking of it based on the time it will take you. 

• Like 1

The problem for me is not the ship prices... but the fact that with that you also have some ridiculously expensive cannon prices. 

Drop the cannon prices substantially IMO. Needing 130k to fit the surprise is really bad...

I'd say some 40k for the surprise is enough...

Edited by Thomas Messervy

I like the steep cannon prices though, it creates a continues moneysink and makes sure that devestating losses at port battles mean something to a nation.
And you gotta have moneysinks somwhere i guess. Rather have them once in a while for cannons and in a reduced rate for resource extracting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ironhammer500 said:

P.S Guys dont forget Lv 1 crafting has a LH wallet of around 1000, which is barely enough to make 2 Trade cutters, which will only level them up to lv 4, which barely gives  them enough to to make ships at all, then they gotta wait 24 hours for the 1k to fill up again.

Yes, I agree with this. Hold off LH changes till we see what happens with gold. but you can increase LH wallet for lower CXP levels immediately. I'm level 41 and am fine with whatever wallet size I get now, but there should be a minimum 2000 (2 days) - or maybe 3 days to match building storage - for everyone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Remus said:

Yes, I agree with this. Hold off LH changes till we see what happens with gold. but you can increase LH wallet for lower CXP levels immediately. I'm level 41 and am fine with whatever wallet size I get now, but there should be a minimum 2000 (2 days) - or maybe 3 days to match building storage - for everyone.

Imo the wallet is fine, but the regen is very slow, which the perk could double the regen rate to make the perk worth taking, same with the wallet 50% extra could be more worth the perk.

21 minutes ago, Remus said:

I'm not a big fan of bumping either one up.  Just like I didn't like the fact they speed up the perks points you gain. I think 1 per rank was fine.  Worked great for the rest of us as we ranked up with it.  Now what they should do is split Combat and Crafting perks.  Just like you get one perk per rank (think it's now 2) until you reach a total of ten. Instead of having to split these between combat and crafting perks lets make all the crafting perks tied to your crafting level.  So you gain one point for every 5 levels you have in crafting to a max of 10 Crafter perks.  This will allow folks to run the persk they want for crafting which can increase there wallet and hourly produced labor and not be hinder by there combat perks.  That way a player with a Rank 10 char and level 50 would basicly be a master of both, but you can have some new player that is rank 5 but 50 crafter cause all he does it craft things and run econ.  Or you can have a rank 10 char with crafting level 1 cause he hates it and only wants to PvP.   Right now it feels like other than to build SOL's anything above crafting level 35 (4th rates ships) is pointless other than for the extra labor hour pool.

Still having to craft cannons in sets of 10. This reduces production and availability of cannons because the bigger (expensive) cannons need to be made to order. It's too expensive to stock them. Let us specify exactly how many cannons to build. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farrago said:

Still having to craft cannons in sets of 10. This reduces production and availability of cannons because the bigger (expensive) cannons need to be made to order. It's too expensive to stock them. Let us specify exactly how many cannons to build. 

Yah but don't have it stuck at max 16 on the slide bar either.  That was annoying cause most the time it was in batches of like 12, 14, 24.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Maybe I am to hardcore for your style, but I like a bit of realism in my games.  I dont like having everything spoon fed to me and having someone coddle my balls every time I do something.  I like earning victories and if I screw up I should pay for those mistakes.

Hodo, please stop making good points... you are ruining the forms. 

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LordOfDope said:

I have been looking for the Cartagena Tar for a few days in the port where it should be available, but i have not seen a single 1 popping up in the store, even now right after the downtime there is nothing at all. Is it a bug or does it gives only 1 every few hours?

No tar for you!         ;)   

@Jameson BH

You wouldn't move out of port with 30k players populating the west indies as game is. We would need a 1:1 scale. Lets move on...

We do share the experiences we have in game in this discussion board, how different playstyles solve common issues and how problems are surpassed in different ways. We all want a solid experience, both immersion and competitive nature of gaming into a game emulating a specific period in history that brings.

What we can excuse ourselves is from all of those metaphors you just used. Simply put we need not any personal sexual innuendos projected into our discussions.

So, let's get back on track and focus on the patch notes.

6 hours ago, LordOfDope said:

I have been looking for the Cartagena Tar for a few days in the port where it should be available, but i have not seen a single 1 popping up in the store, even now right after the downtime there is nothing at all. Is it a bug or does it gives only 1 every few hours?

I show no part produces it.... So I can only imagination it is extremely rare. 

Just now, Daguse said:

I show no part produces it.... So I can only imagination it is extremely rare. 

For seeded items you need the A column, not the P column. P means the port has a resource needed to put up a building.

1 minute ago, Remus said:

For seeded items you need the A column, not the P column. P means the port has a resource needed to put up a building.

Thats my point, its not a production resource and only has one port that seeds it. Its going to be rare. 

7 hours ago, admin said:

step by step we will find balance. 
crafted ships must be cheaper than npc sold vessels.

well you are going in the wrong direction. decrease the cost and labor hours it takes to produce a ship then. 

On one side the devs are trying to control the amount of cash in the game and the inflation resulting from it -- see pre-wipe economy for how broken the economy can get.

On the other side, you can make it impossible to craft ships at a profit vs. what the AI is selling it eliminating any reason to craft other than not wanting to get stuck with the sucky trim selection of AI ships.  In addition you make it impossible to keep the pace of play due to the cost it takes to harvest/craft and the resulting cost of replacing ships if you get sunk.

In addition to raising/lowering the AI purchase price, vs. the click cost / labor hour requirement of raw materials, another option to tweaking the balance would be to introduce Permits for EVERY level of ship not just the higher level ones.  1st - 3rd Rate ship permits cost Conquest Marks,  4th-5th Rate ships cost PVE Marks and 6th-7th Rate cost gold. (You could add a gold cost component if need be to the other levels too if appropriate)

This would allow them to lower the cost of materials in hours/gold across the board and then adjust just the permit costs by a corresponding amount to create a balance -- this could also then allow them to set those constants independently by ship, eg make Cutters really cheap (or even 0) to give newbies and/or people that are broke access to ships.  It would also allow them to set the variable separately on each server to control inflation more (think of the fed bank adjusting interest rates to control inflation) on one server than the other based on population balance, etc.

Edited by Arsilon