Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 3 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

8 minutes ago, DekomoriDesu said:

to be honest, if there are more ways to play this game, the life period of the game will be long

Definitely it will, but not many realize it. This game still needs few foundations to become great and start making money. Until then it will be a long Forum fight with heavy loses. 

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

would it be possible to have a single fleet ship availble by default so capturing ships doesnt require a perk? increase perk amount required for additional ship from that point onward i think would be better?

also for UI is it possible to get keyboard shortcuts for splitting item quantity and ability to input quanitity by keypad number not slider :)

Take you basic cutter capture a trader, ditch the cutter and take the trader home.  That is all you have to do.  They are cheap and free after all.  Oh and you can now punch the numbers in on the sliders in the shop.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

The problem is with mining the ressources, it costs a lot.

Today I mined coal, iron ore and spent about 320k. And Im not talking about labour hours. 

Liquicity did a PVP fight and only earned 196k of gold. As we can see the rewards and the costs are absolutely imbalanced.

Yah I noticed this too, I grind for a while and if I do any production it's almost all gone.  You have to basicly do trade runs and those resource got cut really short (as they would of on there own with a larger population).  This is why I'm bitching so much about captured ships.  IF there not going to give us anything we need at least get the xp.  That and the cargo nees to be boosted up. It is not profitable to grind in the mid tier ships.  Yes I think light ships are pretty well balanced in there cost, frigates no and I don't even want to see SOL's but they should cost to run any way.

40 minutes ago, admin said:

Let this sink in. 

Its not possible to build more than one or two frigates a day. 

What if this is actually the right way to go? 

Yeah, you know, even in the heyday of the French and Pirate war I don't think I was losing 2 dura per day on average and that was with 4+ hours of gameplay per night. After the war I had more durability than I knew what to do with.

With fleeing generally being an option (us or them) and battles sometimes going for over an hour, losing 2 durability per day was rare. The bulk of my lost durability came from port battles. I have never, ever come close to a point where I felt I was running out of durability and would have to scale down.

Worst case, I think, the meta changes and we start seeing more 6th rates used as scouts and screens. If durability is getting tight you might have 20% of your guild sailing 6th rates and their job is really to help screen if the frigates need to run away (like your group of 5 gets jumped by a group of 8. Rather than all die, your 6th rate(s) work the sails of the fastest enemy ships while your frigates escape).

I'm interested in trying it, anyway.

I will actually be surprised if much changes though. Who here actually loses 2 Frigate durability per day average and what are you doing to cause that??

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ned Low said:

Definitely it will, but not many realize it. This game still needs few foundations to become great and start making money. Until then it will be a long Forum fight with heavy loses. 

yup, but buy out style its very hard to keep earning for this game, more new ships = cost to buy with a good price, i think players would accept and Game-labs could make more income in my opioion

As you require a heavy investment in a workshop, thought there might be a trickle of craft XP available in crafting cannons.

Hold optimisation doesn't work have been stuck for a while with a redundant perk, has been F11.

Trouble with the economy at the moment is that there isn't enough players to see how it would tick, 

3 hours ago, victor said:

I strongly agree: sunrise at 6 am and sunset at 9 pm (like in the real caribbean). Long night allow traders to lurk and sneak behind hunters.

Couldn't agree more. Give us slow traders but give us long caribbean nights as well and the possibility to extiguish the lanterns on the ships.

I'm still irritated by these short northern European summer-nights with no real darkness and a sun rising at 1:50am due east, sprinting to south within three hours, hovering there an approx 50° over the horizon (shouldn't it be higher, almost in the zenith?) for ages, and setting at half past ten due west.

Well, thats minor criticizm. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

Let this sink in. 

Its not possible to build more than one or two frigates a day. 

What if this is actually the right way to go? 

If you want us to fight, if you want us to be on the open water and hunt, then ships need to be somewhat "cheap". If they are very expensive, noboby will risk anything. Then you can call the game Naval Inaction. =)

• Like 5

There's schooners, there's brigs, there's lake ships and light frigates, there's heavy frigates and ships of the line...

Any issue with use some of those now and then ?

Some are more costly to build, in resources and time, than others, pretty normal.

• Like 1

As a trader, I must say that trade is now, extremely, difficult after have been too easy.

The disappearance of the rookie zone has, totally, destroyed a regular source.
Suppressing the supply of ports has closed a second door, and to have again a strong economy, the game needs lot of human traders not all in big clan.
Supply by building and craft is unprofitable.

The only positive point was the increase in the capacity of the fleet cargo.

But today's novelty, which forbids the merchant from attempts to escape if he is merely perceived from afar by a hunter, makes all trade impossible except in armed convoy, what exclude all lonely gamers and the rookies.
This novelty will kill, definitely, a fragile economy, because of the lack of volunteer to play the role of goat for the easy PvP players who are wrong to applause.

Alanxo Honest Trader

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alanxo said:

The disappearance of the rookie zone has, totally, destroyed a regular source.

Rookie Zone was the best place to hunt traders as the ROE excluded their fleet from entering in combat and trader brigs and trader snows where sitting ducks for a quick rattle.

13 minutes ago, Alanxo said:

Supply by building and craft is unprofitable.

you were able and will be able to make millions on carriages. now guns and repairs is another guaranteed source of income

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Capturing Ships

1. No Xp
  2. No Marks
  3. No Money (Cost way more than any combat., got to replace more crew)
  • Captured Ship always Sucks.
    • Can't sell it for anything

capturing ships (bots are not smart) was one of the main sources of risk free money. 
capturing player ships (and getting xp for them) was one of the main sources of risk free xp

we can't allow xp and money for capture. ship is the reward. If you want money AND marks AND xp - get hold out and sink the vessel.

1 minute ago, admin said:

you were able and will be able to make millions on carriages. no guns is another source

Yes, you are right, perhaps it ll be. I don't say that 's impossible but if you loose your cargo each two travel, i doubt about rentability.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

we can't allow xp and money for capture. ship is the reward. If you want money AND marks AND xp - get hold out and sink the vessel.

So if we:
1) board a ship and capture it
2) press X and take hold (or as much hold as we can)
3) then sink it once it is with the white flag
...we optain marks and xp?

10 minutes ago, Suricato Rojo said:

So if we:

yes. there are some bugs left but we are working on them

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Suricato Rojo said:

So if we:

nope doesn't work that way, once the battle is over it's over and you can't gain any more from the fight.

15 minutes ago, admin said:

capturing ships (bots are not smart) was one of the main sources of risk free money. 
capturing player ships (and getting xp for them) was one of the main sources of risk free xp

I'm sorry not getting XP for a fight that you fought just as hard if not harder is BS.  I never been on a game that doesn't reward you with at least XP for a fight where the end result is the same you get a kill.  I don't care for the credits or marks, but if I get a kill and any one else help me we should all get xp for our part in a fight.

And no you don't get anything if you sink a ship after you take the cargo. I tested it several times, once the battle is over you gain no more xp or anything SO STOP TELLING US WE CAN.  That is unless you have changed and fix this, which it's not mention in your notes.  YOU CAN NOT GAIN XP FROM SINKING A SHIP YOU ALL READY CAPTURED IF YOU SINK IT AFTER THE BATTLE ENDS.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You should get SOME XP for capture, even if it is a NPC ship.   After all you are having  to deal with the boarding of it, or killing the crew.  Both of which take time and skill.  

Sinking a Trade Brig is not even a challenge and yet I get more XP and money from that than I do from capturing the damned thing.

So either make the goods in the holds of NPC ships worth something OR give half the XP for the ship capture.

I think thats fair, you should get something for it. I agree that it shouldn't be the primary source of income. However at the lest you should get some XP, cash or marks. 

Maybe just a bit of tweaking is needed to ensure balance. 

To be clear, if you sink or take a ship, you should get XP, however capping an AI ship should not be the main source of income.... well at lest not from the ship, good may be different. 

Edited by Daguse

1 minute ago, Daguse said:

I think thats fair, you should get something for it. I agree that it shouldn't be the primary source of income. However at the lest you should get some XP, cash or marks. 

Maybe just a bit of tweaking is needed to ensure balance. 

Hell most of us don't even want the cash and marks as we think that the ship once we get players ships and better captures that should make up for it along with better AI cargo, but no XP for a kill no matter how you got it is just stupid.   They say the xp is based of kill and assist than every one should get xp for kill and assist no matter the means.  IF you have a fight that is 5 vs 5 and one guy boards all 5 ships no one gets any thing xp wise no matter how much damage they did, cause every ship was captured by that one guy.   

If I captured over 1000 Spainish ships as a dreaded pirate I'm stuck as as a Thief cause I gained no xp for them, but some newb can sink 10 and will be a rank or two higher than me.  So your telling me he's more skill than I am when I have over 100 times more kills?

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

nope doesn't work that way, once the battle is over it's over and you can't gain any more from the fight.

I'm sorry not getting XP for a fight that you fought just as hard if not harder is BS.  I never been on a game that doesn't reward you with at least XP for a fight where the end result is the same you get a kill.  I don't care for the credits or marks, but if I get a kill and any one else help me we should all get xp for our part in a fight.

And no you don't get anything if you sink a ship after you take the cargo. I tested it several times, once the battle is over you gain no more xp or anything SO STOP TELLING US WE CAN.  That is unless you have changed and fix this, which it's not mention in your notes.  YOU CAN NOT GAIN XP FROM SINKING A SHIP YOU ALL READY CAPTURED IF YOU SINK IT AFTER THE BATTLE ENDS.

No, honestly it's just silly. They should Give away partial reward even if capped. No reward is bad very bad. I don't get their mentality sometimes, but they will feel the final result after game release. Time tells us that rewards is a must in MMO. 

I fight, I defeat the enemy, I search the ship and I get my reward even if I capped the ship - This makes sense.

They could introduce lottery type drops for capped ships like I suggested before. 

They don't want to make it magical, but this is magic. Finding 0 reward on captured ships is impossible. 

We can't allow xp and money for capture. ship is the reward. If you want money AND marks AND xp - get hold out and sink the vessel - Nonsense. Very unhealthy for this game. 

Edited by Ned Low