Game-Labs Forum

Why are the playernumbers so low?

Wipe => nothing to lose => No achievements = boring

Or would you fight for the last piece of cake when you would know that there is an exact same cake waiting for you in the kitchen?

I would wait till the next cake is served :D

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 6

Jon, for face off "arena" let's sink all the duras yeah, it is good fun at the evening.

The large portion though likes to play with purpose, as Z4ys points out with everything going away that large %% is taking a break until the wipe.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Wipe => nothing to lose => No achievements = boring

Or would you fight for the last piece of cake when you would know that there is an exact same cake waiting for you in the kitchen?

I would wait till the next cake is served :D

I would eat the cake cuz i love cake =)

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Jon, for face off "arena" let's sink all the duras yeah, it is good fun at the evening.

The large portion though likes to play with purpose, as Z4ys points out with everything going away that large %% is taking a break until the wipe.

What is the purpose? I thought its about fun. But everything just stopped. If you have fun fighting AI why stop now? If you have fun ganking other players what changed? Whys noone doing PBs anymore? Arent people enjoying fights and just wanted to paint the region in their color all along?

• Like 1

I've taken the opportunity to explore the testbed server for the first time in the last couple of days. FFAs are interesting, but other than that there's only max 10 players on the testbed at a time, so it becomes mostly PvE-testing...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

If you have fun ganking other players what changed?

Since the wipe I've participated in ganking for the first time in 6 months. Still not fun.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Whys noone doing PBs anymore?

Some try, but chances of getting a decent PB are extremely slim now. Mostly defenders don't bother, and neither do attackers. Participating in PBs now feels like just colouring pixels and that's not at all worth it.

Running, or actively participating in, RvR-clans is intense most of the time, time-consuming and even exhausting at times. Lots of RvR players therefore take a well deserved break now while waiting for the patch. To catch up on RL stuff and feel the sun on our skin again. I've just hit lvl 50 crafting on all of my accounts, so I have nothing more to do than rank up my remaining alts a bit further with battle XP, but I also think of saving some of that job to experience the post-wipe grind if there's any changes.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

If you have fun ganking other players what changed? Whys noone doing PBs anymore? Arent people enjoying fights and just wanted to paint the region in their color all along?

The fun of ganking is to hurt other players. You can't hurt someone when he can't lose^^

Portbattle are about area control. Why fight about an area when soon the area is back to his former owner? Isn't that what night flips were all about ... lol

Ofc people want to lick on everything and tell everyone that's all mine. That's why we play on a pvp server :D

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Jeah patch is coming, but doesnt that mean you can use all your resources and ships to do whatever you want?

Or are people only playing to fill their warehouses? Nothing changed game mechanics wise...

I dont understand this :blink:

Because:
- conquest is pointless - there will be region reset.
- sailing and gathering resources is pointless - there will be assets wipe.
- making new ships is pointless - all ships will be removed.
- sailing and hunting people is pointless because the above brings server pop to 30 people on PVP2 (don't know what its like on PVP1, but I guess not a sweet cake that you like either)...

Maybe we should organise fights? Dont know. Looks like people use this coming patch as a break opportunity so there is nothing will happen in their absence.

• Like 1

Same thing happend with the Regional Patch.  They announced that one will be out in a week and it took a month so every one for the most part stopped playing.  They need to stop this taking months to put patchs out.  They need to do them on a regular bases even if there isn't a lot of content.  Give 1 to 2 week notice for any big patches/changes and than do it on that time.  Not a month later.  Most of us don't even epxect this one to make the end of April and that would put us with 5 months since the last actual patch (not hot fix) back on like Dec 19th.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Same thing happend with the Regional Patch.  They announced that one will be out in a week and it took a month so every one for the most part stopped playing.  They need to stop this taking months to put patchs out.  They need to do them on a regular bases even if there isn't a lot of content.  Give 1 to 2 week notice for any big patches/changes and than do it on that time.  Not a month later.  Most of us don't even epxect this one to make the end of April and that would put us with 5 months since the last actual patch (not hot fix) back on like Dec 19th.

in the one hand we want to know what game labs is doing in the other hand they should be quiet. So what you want? The commiunty has a multiple personality disorder in my opinion. It dosent matter what Game labs is doing its always wrong. Or are we wrong?

• Like 1

Why invest time if everything is going to get wiped? 

-No Leaderboards

-No Achievements

-All earned items/ ships will be lost anyway

Good luck finding a fight with 80 ppl online. :) Like I said Devs do not think hard enough. They had to add Leaderboards, so numbers would stay healthy and compete, but instead they just announced wipe and killed population completely until patch arrives later this week. 

Edited by Ned Loe

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Why play the game at all?

Most players look at time spent in a game as an investment, they want to achieve something. By achieving something (get a ship crafted, have xy amount of gold) they're having fun.
Knowing that will all be gone, they dont see much point in playing.
Then there's the other players, that play the game for the momentum, to have good battles, nice chats. Those are the last remaining still playing, I guess

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, z4ys said:

in the one hand we want to know what game labs is doing in the other hand they should be quiet. So what you want? The commiunty has a multiple personality disorder in my opinion. It dosent matter what Game labs is doing its always wrong. Or are we wrong?

Okay I took the time and went over all the patches and when the notes where released for each one.  Now remember back in the start of the year they release a plan for the year and told us they will try to get more patches out in shorter amount of times and give us better notes and turn around.   To be honest I love this game and want the best, but look at the history of the player drops and patches.  They really need to work on how they announce patches and how often they release stuff.  Right now a lot of folks are bored cause there is no new content on a game in development.  The Ship crafting stuff was announced last November 2nd as being maybe a Dec/Jan patch but was put on the shelf.  So tell me WHAT THE HECK HAVE THEY BEEN WORKING ON FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS?

Patch history for last year since EA started                                                  Patch history so far for 2017

9.62 Minor patch after EA                      Jan 28                                          9.97 Hotfix                               Dec 9, 15, Jan 6, 11   

9.63 Iron Crisis                                      Feb 3                                           Content plans for 2017             Jan 19

9,.64 Small Battles and Account XP    Feb 11                                          9.98 Deployed to test bed         Feb 17

9.65 Crew and resources production  March 10

9.66 Hotfix changes                           March 17  

9.67 Hotfix Changes                          March 23                                     

9.68                                                   March 31                                      

9.7 - Land Sighted                            April 12                                         Where we stand right now

9.71 Hotfix                                       April 14

9.72 Hotfix                                       April 15

9.73 Hotfix                                      April 20

9.8 Damage Model 5.0                 May 19

9.81 Hotfix                                    May 25

9.82                                              May 27

9,83 Hotfix                                    Jun 3

9.84 Hotfix                                   Jun 15

9.9 Officer, fishing, Provisions    Jun 29

9.91 Prohibition cancelled/Rum   Jun 30

9.92 Hotfix                                     Jul 7

9.93 Bucentaure, accel rework     Jul 28

9.94 Alliances, new ships              Aug 17

9.95 Scial Perk and other           Sep 1

9.96 New Conquest                   Oct 20

9.97 Events, minor crafting         Dec 5th

9.97 Hotfix: Land in port battles Dec 19

Now I get that there will be a lot of tweeks between big patches and such, but if you look at this, we are in almost mid April and not a single big content patch since Dec 18th which was late part of the Dec 5th patch cause not every thing was ready.  That is how you should do it.  Release the main patch and than follow through with the 9.971 Land in port battles and other hotfix's.  Don't announce your going to do something major and than keep adding content so that a patch comes out months later.    

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

Personally, for me, I'm using this time to check out the test bed and take a bit of a rest to prevent burn-out.  That seems to be the general concensus among most of the clan/crowd I play with.  Honestly, as part of a clan that been around since before sea-trials and has been through 2 or 3 wipes, including ones that wiped all XP, it seems like this is kind of par for the course.  Some people survive it, some people move on.  I also believe that "burn-out" is just as big of a problem as pop dumps before wipes.  

On a side note, since I joined around january of last year, after the last wipe, does anyone remember the approximate numbers pre/post previous wipe?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anolytic said:

I've taken the opportunity to explore the testbed server for the first time in the last couple of days. FFAs are interesting, but other than that there's only max 10 players on the testbed at a time, so it becomes mostly PvE-testing...

How do you get on the test bed server?

Never mind found it.

Edited by seanjo

I would say numbers are dropping because of boredom, I love the game and haven't explored all of the intricacies, but for those that have, it must start to get a bit tedious. It's Elite Dangerous for the high seas and even that excellent game requires a break to regain interest.

Edited by seanjo

51 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I would say numbers are dropping because of boredom, I love the game and haven't explored all of the intricacies, but for those that have it must start to get a bit tedious. It's Elite Dangerous for the high seas and even that excellent game requires a break to regain interest.

That was kinda my point of posting the patches.  They did a pretty steady job of adding stuff last year, but we really haven't gotten much for new content since the end of last year.   Even the current testbed is 2 months old