Game-Labs Forum

US Should Join w/ Spain France Sweden

EL LOCO

Sure remove my posts, but leave all those racists and offensive comments and posts towards spanish people that I've been seeing for months since I started playing this game.

I will try this again:

Spain will never side with the US, we don't like the people who mock about us, who constantly insult and laugh over us, who call us ''the people beyong the wall''. The Eastern Alliance can deal with the two blocks being one sided, we can deal with the britts being more people than us, what we can't deal with is people who constantly put us in the situation of being forced to stay awake during the night sometimes for nothing (yea that day you escaped from the PB as soon as it started).

I thought you beating us in Puerto Plata would make you change your approach about nightflipping, seeing that you can defeat something finally, yet you keep doing the same fishy tactics. Good job.

On the other side, I love how my alliance is working now, I like so much working together how we are doing, and conquest after conquest we're getting stronger. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dave Hadley said:

what we can't deal with is people who constantly put us in the situation of being forced to stay awake during the night sometimes for nothing (yea that day you escaped from the PB as soon as it started).

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. It's a game. If you decide to skip sleep because of a port battle at stupid-o-clock thats your decision.

Btw. I am playing as Brit on GMT+1, which is what some call "European Primetime", yet, the port battles at Castries and Basse Terre tomorrow are to late for me. So what? It's a game. I am not letting a game set up my sleep intervals. Easy as that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Batman said:

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. It's a game. If you decide to skip sleep because of a port battle at stupid-o-clock thats your decision.

Btw. I am playing as Brit on GMT+1, which is what some call "European Primetime", yet, the port battles at Castries and Basse Terre tomorrow are to late for me. So what? It's a game. I am not letting a game set up my sleep intervals. Easy as that.

Maybe forcing is not exactly the word I wanted to use but I bet you if you were in our situation you would see things maybe a bit different.

Of course you can come here and say ''it's a game and blablabla'' but we all spend time in this game and it's not because we do not give a shit about what happens in here. If nobody cared about this game this forum wouldn't have as many posts as it has, but people here care about the game all the time, maybe you are one of the people who don't and it's completely fine, but that's not the thing we discussing here.

Edited by Dave Hadley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Hadley said:

Sure remove my posts, but leave all those racists and offensive comments and posts towards spanish people that I've been seeing for months since I started playing this game.

I will try this again:

Spain will never side with the US, we don't like the people who mock about us, who constantly insult and laugh over us, who call us ''the people beyong the wall''. The Eastern Alliance can deal with the two blocks being one sided, we can deal with the britts being more people than us, what we can't deal with is people who constantly put us in the situation of being forced to stay awake during the night sometimes for nothing (yea that day you escaped from the PB as soon as it started).

I thought you beating us in Puerto Plata would make you change your approach about nightflipping, seeing that you can defeat something finally, yet you keep doing the same fishy tactics. Good job.

On the other side, I love how my alliance is working now, I like so much working together how we are doing, and conquest after conquest we're getting stronger. 

Must not be much of a GoT fan I guess.

Why would a US attack on a dane port that was defended by the Spanish during a 5-6 multi pronged attack convince us that we shouldn't night flip?  Because we can win during the day too?  If your side could win during the day and the evenings you would be taking full advantage of it.  Perhaps if your side would just admit that EVERYONE is going to attack at a time when it's most advantageous to themselves maybe we could move on from the night flip day flip BS.  

As I explained in my deleted post that we made an attempt to back off our evening activities and limit them to once a week or thereabouts and the favor was returned by multiple flips in the late morning/early afternoon of the US work day.  We were content to fight over Islamabad and the Gulf ports.  You guys didn't seem to notice the gesture.  I don't begrudge the Spanish waging their war at a time of their choosing, but if you're going to attack the US during the weakest time period of our day, be prepared for when we do the same thing to you.  Up until about 2 weeks ago the US was not able to defend itself adequately during the day without help from our allies and your side took full advantage of that.  At least at night you have the option of staying up late to come to an attack.  We have to miss work.  I took off work last friday to run both the Ays and Morgan's Bluff battles.  So did a lot of US players.  No one forced me to do it.  The things we do for video games huh?

As I detailed in my Chijohnaok post a month ago we view the US areas above Cayo Bisc as our home waters and repeated attacks against those will result in repeated attacks in your home waters...aka Remedios.  If VLTRA or whomever is running Spain these days would like come to some sort of agreement I'm all ears.  Until then we will match hostilities during the day with attacks during the evenings.  

PS we've had a solid bunch of battles lately between our 2 nations and they've been nothing but civil and good natured.  Lets keep it that way

Edited by Christendom

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Why would a US attack on a dane port that was defended by the Spanish during a 5-6 multi pronged attack convince us that we shouldn't night flip?  Because we can win during the day too?  If your side could win during the day and the evenings you would be taking full advantage of it.  Perhaps if your side would just admit that EVERYONE is going to attack at a time when it's most advantageous to themselves maybe we could move on from the night flip day flip BS.  

As I explained in my deleted post that we made an attempt to back off our evening activities and limit them to once a week or thereabouts and the favor was returned by multiple flips in the late morning/early afternoon of the US work day.  We were content to fight over Islamabad and the Gulf ports.  You guys didn't seem to notice the gesture.  While I don't begrudge the Spanish waging their war at a time of their choosing, but if you're going to attack the US during the weakest time period of our day, be prepared for when we do the same thing to you.  Up until about 2 weeks ago the US was not able to defend itself adequately during the day without help from our allies and your side too full advantage of that.  At least at night you have the option of staying up late to come to an attack.  We have to miss work.  I took off work last friday to run both the Ays and Morgan's Bluff battles.  No one forced me to do it.

As I detailed in my Chijohnaok post a month ago we view the US areas above Cayo Bisc as our home waters and repeated attacks against those will result in repeated attacks in your home waters...aka Remedios.  If VLTRA or whomever is running Spain these days would like come to some sort of agreement I'm all ears.  Until then we will match hostilities during the day with attacks during the evenings.  

Excuse me but did you ask the danish at first about fighting 25vs25 at a time where both sides could have their main fleets when you took almost all their ports? 

Did you ask us when you started fliping Islamorada and Gasparilla? No, you just did what you wanted and now you excuse yourselves by saying that you can only do PBs at that time. BS, yet all the players I've seen during the different nightflips I've gone to defend are the same guys I've sees at Morgan's Bluff or Ays at 18 server time. You were the ones that started all this so I can't see how you claim you have the right to decide whether our attacks are fair or not, were yours fair when you took all the ports you had? Btw, our attacks, at 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 server time... Completely unfair there's only 500 players playing at that time!!! and problably more than 300 are from your allies!! How can spanish cheat so much omg! 

So, lets remember, the 07 people joined USA two weeks ago, can you tell me which of our flips have been at ''your weakest period of time'' for those two weeks? I've been doing PB for over 1 month and a half and I bet 3/4 of the PBs I've done have been defending nightflips against you.  And your attacks were not in ''our weakest period of time''? Texas? Gasparilla? Islamorada? What was the offense to be attacked at those ports?  Please do not petrend to be the victims here.

You were the ones that repeatedly attacked our ports when we couldn't defend them, the only thing that made you back off was maybe that you were having so many ports suddenly out of nowhere that it could get the attention of someone you don't want to look into this too much..

Oh and btw, it's very funny that you ''limit them to once a week'' so we are supposed to just sit and wait for you to nightflip one of our ports everyweek and you expect us to do nothing about it? Who the hell you think you are to come that? Of course we will fight back and yet, we were so gentle that we did flip your ports when there was about 500 players online. We could have flipped them for better timers for us and worse for you, far worse, yet we didn't because an empty PB is just boring but how can I know, we've never had an empty PB, is it fun to win?

So to finish here, we will not come to any agreement with you, you are the ones starting the hostilities here and we will not just sit and watch how you attack your ports without fighting back. We will answer every nightflip with more attacks.

See you at Islamorada.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sruPL said:

OK, so it will be GB & Dutch (suffering lack of players) vs Spanish & Swedish & Danish & French & US? and then suddenly nightflips will be good, because you will have players US, right?  *cough*

I'd rather burn my ships than sail with the noobish US players who haven't taken a port that was fully defended yet. Their only real strenght is nightflips and in time there will be serverwide lockouts that solves the timezone issue.

3 minutes ago, Dave Hadley said:

Excuse me but did you ask the danish at first about fighting 25vs25 at a time where both sides could have their main fleets when you took almost all their ports? 

Did you ask us when you started fliping Islamorada and Gasparilla? No, you just did what you wanted and now you excuse yourselves by saying that you can only do PBs at that time. BS, yet all the players I've seen during the different nightflips I've gone to defend are the same guys I've sees at Morgan's Bluff or Ays at 18 server time. You were the ones that started all this so I can't see how you claim you have the right to decide whether our attacks are fair or not, were yours fair when you took all the ports you had? Btw, our attacks, at 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 server time... Completely unfair there's only 500 players playing at that time!!! and problably more than 300 are from your allies!! How can spanish cheat so much omg! 

So, lets remember, the 07 people joined USA two weeks ago, can you tell me which of our flips have been at ''your weakest period of time'' for those two weeks? I've been doing PB for over 1 month and a half and I bet 3/4 of the PBs I've done have been defending nightflips against you.  And your attacks were not in ''our weakest period of time''? Texas? Gasparilla? Islamorada? What was the offense to be attacked at those ports?  Please do not petrend to be the victims here.

You were the ones that repeatedly attacked our ports when we couldn't defend them, the only thing that made you back off was maybe that you were having so many ports suddenly out of nowhere that it could get the attention of someone you don't want to look into this too much..

Oh and btw, it's very funny that you ''limit them to once a week'' so we are supposed to just sit and wait for you to nightflip one of our ports everyweek and you expect us to do nothing about it? Who the hell you think you are to come that? Of course we will fight back and yet, we were so gentle that we did flip your ports when there was about 500 players online. We could have flipped them for better timers for us and worse for you, far worse, yet we didn't because an empty PB is just boring but how can I know, we've never had an empty PB, is it fun to win?

So to finish here, we will not come to any agreement with you, you are the ones starting the hostilities here and we will not just sit and watch how you attack your ports without fighting back. We will answer every nightflip with more attacks.

See you at Islamorada.

I expect nothing from you.  You guys are the ones complaining about night flips and creating posts about them.  I'm telling you why the night flips are happening.  I don't care if you flip our ports during the day.  Both Ays and MB were flipped at least once before 7UP switched nations if I recall correctly, could be wrong though.  

10 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I'd rather burn my ships than sail with the noobish US players who haven't taken a port that was fully defended yet. Their only real strenght is nightflips and in time there will be serverwide lockouts that solves the timezone issue.

Didn't we just take a port 2 days ago, fully defended?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Christendom said:

If VLTRA or whomever is running Spain these days would like come to some sort of agreement I'm all ears.  Until then we will match hostilities during the day with attacks during the evenings.  

PS we've had a solid bunch of battles lately between our 2 nations and they've been nothing but civil and good natured.  Lets keep it that way........

I don't think I've ever encountered a player as downright unpleasant as you come across in the forums, in the battles we've fought and in practically every communication I've seen you make to me or to others.  Maybe you're a lovely guy in person or on the TS and maybe the arrogant snark you inflect in what you write is purely accidental but I wouldn't put money on it.  You're posts have none of the entertainment value of Vicious or Pellasgos and they don't have the quirky role play like bluster of Kloothommel or the almost clinical style of Anolytic.  All they've got is an acerbic style of "comedy" seemingly designed to belittle people and self aggrandize (I find it impossible to believe wall references to Spanish speaking players to whom your teammates regularly call tacos and worse has anything to do with GoT).  They exhibit a puerile adolescence masquerading as Bismarkian realpolitik that does absolutely nothing besides piss me (and practically everyone in my faction and our broader coalition) off.

I don't know how influential you are in your faction but you certainly talk like you're important so I'll take that at face value.  If I played for the US I would be appalled at your posts representing me.  If I was in an allied faction of yours, as I've occasionally thought of joining, I'd be embarrassed to have you on my team.  But as a Spanish player I can tell you that you and your posts are no insignificant part of why the faction by and large refuses to consider juggling the alliances just in case we get stuck with you .  I'll gg and o7 anyone in game, including you and I strongly agree that things should always be civil between players and factions even if they don't like each other but I want it out there that I find your posts distasteful to the extreme.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Didn't we just take a port 2 days ago, fully defended?

Arh right.. O7Up took a port in Puerto Plata.. I forgot that one.. Nice win mate..

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

I expect nothing from you.  You guys are the ones complaining about night flips and creating posts about them.  I'm telling you why the night flips are happening.  I don't care if you flip our ports during the day.  Both Ays and MB were flipped at least once before 7UP switched nations if I recall correctly, could be wrong though.  

You guys are the ones that make fun of ''how you defeated the almighty danish empire'' and things like that. You were so happy with your nightflips, but when someone fights back is not that fun for you huh? And yet we always had full PB and you did not. 

And no, they were not flipped before 7UP joined you. Ays could have been, but it has always been defended.

5 hours ago, Senhor Lenhador said:

I don't think I've ever encountered a player as downright unpleasant as you come across in the forums, in the battles we've fought and in practically every communication I've seen you make to me or to others.  Maybe you're a lovely guy in person or on the TS and maybe the arrogant snark you inflect in what you write is purely accidental but I wouldn't put money on it.  You're posts have none of the entertainment value of Vicious or Pellasgos and they don't have the quirky role play like bluster of Kloothommel or the almost clinical style of Anolytic.  All they've got is an acerbic style of "comedy" seemingly designed to belittle people and self aggrandize (I find it impossible to believe wall references to Spanish speaking players to whom your teammates regularly call tacos and worse has anything to do with GoT).  They exhibit a puerile adolescence masquerading as Bismarkian realpolitik that does absolutely nothing besides piss me (and practically everyone in my faction and our broader coalition) off.

I don't know how influential you are in your faction but you certainly talk like you're important so I'll take that at face value.  If I played for the US I would be appalled at your posts representing me.  If I was in an allied faction of yours, as I've occasionally thought of joining, I'd be embarrassed to have you on my team.  But as a Spanish player I can tell you that you and your posts are no insignificant part of why the faction by and large refuses to consider juggling the alliances just in case we get stuck with you .  I'll gg and o7 anyone in game, including you and I strongly agree that things should always be civil between players and factions even if they don't like each other but I want it out there that I find your posts distasteful to the extreme.

Actually it has everything to do with GoT, but you can choose to believe what you want.  I don't think you'll find a post of me referring to you guys as tacos or whatever, but I haven't seen any shit talking between our nations in game/battles other than your guy Guzman talking about how inferior Americans are in global every day.  Actually I think there was a little salt in either Morgans or Puerto Plata the other day and I shut it down immediately.  Since you referenced them, I do like tacos.  Corn tortillas are better than flour of course.  Have we ever conversed in battle before?  I certainly don't remember it.  

Spain refused to negotiate with the US well before I started shitposting on the forums..or even the game for that matter, but If you want to go ahead and blame me that's fine.  Realpolitiks and Bismarkian though?  Stop trying to verbally punch above your pay grade. I'm more blunt than sinister anyway. 

You find my posts distasteful?  Good.  The art of the troll post is lost on some.  As I mentioned to Anolytic on another post today, nothing I read or write on the forums is to be taken seriously.  The community on here went bottoms up long before I started posting and with idiotic posts like this one and the locked thread by Celtiborofrog, they don't seem to be improving.    

Im sure your decision to not join the US was 100% because of me right?  Laugh.  I'm glad you didn't.  We don't like whiners.  

The majority of our side of the alliance dislikes the constant whining about night flips, removal of US players from the server and just the general EU superior than thou attitude that is ever present on here.  How many posts referring to trump do we need to see?  I don't think 20mins goes by where I don't see those idiots Lars, Guzman or Torbsomething posting bigoted anti-US rhetoric.  Don't like my GoT reference?  Grow up child.

See if you in about 10mins

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Anolytic said:

It was Sweden and Danmark who spear-headed the initiative to talk to the US before Christmas.

do you really want to reopen that again?? the fake xmas truce? really??? not your brightest hour to say the least!

Edited by airwolf666
  • Like 1

but lets stay on target here for a sec, and get back to the main topic. why the US should join spain and so forth. in a recently close thread, in case some of you have missed this beauty, one of spain's best, (depending on how you view it) wrote this love letter to the US. A proud member of VLTA, mr Celtiberofrog. now personally i have fought many members of this clan and for myself, i have always enjoyed the pvp with them and they have always been gentlemen about it, win or lose, they been great battles with them, and then today, he decides to write this wonderful and informing post. 

Celtiberofrog

• Able seaman
  • Celtiberofrog
  • Members
  • 102 posts

"I will apology for my below statements, I am usually a man of compromise full of respect to every player in this community.

"PS there was no apology!"

BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!

You ! the USA players who keep nightflipping ports, you are the shame of this community, you are as selfish as trying to discourage players by abusing NA hostility system.

We know that you want to exist in your prime time, but nightflips is not the way for THE MAJORITY of this community.

This type of behaviour destroys the gentlemenship that should prevail in NA.

For GOD SAKE, you perfectly know that very few players can afford staying awake till 4AM...Why do you carry on this selfish attitude ?!! Are you only seeking cheap victories ? I can't believe it, you like NA as we do and you do not want to empty your enemies playerbase by exploiting a coding faillure...

We asked you so many time to stop the nightflips, we discussed so many possible solutions to avoid nightflips, but until DEV's have not sorted out this I will just wish you:

GO TO HELL  !!! (and yes, this community would feel better without you the "ARSE HOLE NIGHTFLIPPERS")"

first question you have to ask yourself is after reading this.

answer, why would ANYONE with half a brain in the US want to join this nation if they have losers like this.

second question is, what is a nightflip anyway? 

answer, why is ones flipping of a port during off hours bad, when other flip a port during others off time is a great idea???  i really don't read too many post about people crying this often and bad about the flips that  present a pb during the US work day. they just and ask their allies to cover it for them and via versa.

maybe a little less whining and more just play the game would not only stop discouraging new players reading all the whining and cry and leave the game so soon after they join, hence help grow the game. IT IS A GAME! SUCK IT UP SNOWFLAKE!

Edited by airwolf666

1 hour ago, airwolf666 said:

b answer, why is ones flipping of a port during off hours bad, when other flip a port during others off time is a great idea???  i really don't read too many post about people crying this often and bad about the flips that  present a pb during the US work day. they just and ask their allies to cover it for them and via versa.

Because there is no 'vice versa'. If there was, we wouldn't be having this conversation. How hard is it to comprehend that?

8 hours ago, Anolytic said:

All diplomatic approaches to discuss the US changing sides had the explicit agenda to balance the timezones, not to flip the problem on its head. The GB has American time zone players and the Dutch (had) American time zone players, so for the US to switch alliance would be to have opposition in their primetime, and balance the server. The goal was, and would be, to reduce the problems and consequences of night-flips by having defenders and attackers available to both alliances in that time zone, and not, as you say, to night-flip the GB. GB would be able to defend with its American time-zone players.

That's is all moot at this point, but there's definitely nothing hypocritical about it. It was Sweden and Danmark who spear-headed the initiative to talk to the US before Christmas.

So which Nation of your alliance was to change to the other side in your proposals?

Just now, Aegir said:

Because there is no 'vice versa'. If there was, we wouldn't be having this conversation. How hard is it to comprehend that?

humm, let me think?? how hard is it to have your allies help out during off peak times?? now there's a tough one. well, it would be for someone with half a brain! maybe i should talk slower for those that do not get it! ASK YOUR ALLIES, FOR HELP USING THOSE THAT LIVE IN DIFFERENT TIME ZONE! we all have players in our clans that live around the world, ask for their help!

Hope i was able to clear this small point out to any of those players that are a tad slow in the thought process!

11 minutes ago, airwolf666 said:

humm, let me think?? how hard is it to have your allies help out during off peak times?? now there's a tough one. well, it would be for someone with half a brain! maybe i should talk slower for those that do not get it! ASK YOUR ALLIES, FOR HELP USING THOSE THAT LIVE IN DIFFERENT TIME ZONE! we all have players in our clans that live around the world, ask for their help!

Hope i was able to clear this small point out to any of those players that are a tad slow in the thought process!

Because there are none? This isn't 25 players, its 25 PBers.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, airwolf666 said:

do you really want to reopen that again?? the fake xmas truce? really??? not your brightest hour to say the least!

There was no fake Christmas truce, so I don't know what you want to reopen. In any case our approach happened weeks before Christmas.

12 minutes ago, Chimera said:

So which Nation of your alliance was to change to the other side in your proposals?

The talks never got that far. Both times we approached to discuss the option further talks was refused.

2 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Because there are none?

damn, are you a swed by chance? well, even if you are, and if memory servers, and it still  does at my age, you have, hmmm, lets see, danes, french, and spanish as allies, correct? and if so, you mean to tell me that in the entire eastern alliance, all of you together cant come up with enough players from different time zones to be able to field a force? if this is really true, then it sucks to be you and second, you choose the wrong allies! sorry but it happens!

16 minutes ago, Chimera said:

It was conveyed to me that they were looking to dump France or Spain for the US.  Probably France though.  They of course had no idea this was going on.  This was right around the time they lost Castries and feelings were a bit sour towards them.  I thought to myself, well if they're willing to kick one ally from their side to the curb...what would stop them from doing the same to the US should we outlive our usefulness?  One of the many reasons we didn't go for it.

I still question whether or not Spain would of gone for the whole thing so who knows.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

There was no fake Christmas truce, so I don't know what you want to reopen. In any case our approach happened weeks before Christmas.

please tell me more, i really enjoy fairytales. never try to con a con, i was there, i listen, heard and watch it all unfold just as your pal northviking planned it to be. too bad it all came to nought. you folks really screwed the pooch on that one, big time! but this is just one of many reasons the US does not trust you folks!

7 minutes ago, airwolf666 said:

damn, are you a swed by chance? well, even if you are, and if memory servers, and it still  does at my age, you have, hmmm, lets see, danes, french, and spanish as allies, correct? and if so, you mean to tell me that in the entire eastern alliance, all of you together cant come up with enough players from different time zones to be able to field a force? if this is really true, then it sucks to be you and second, you choose the wrong allies! sorry but it happens!

Yep it sucks to be us, and as for 'wrong allies', there's really only one option, whereas you guys could be allied with literally anyone to get the same coverage. Bit of a different scenario.

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

Yep it sucks to be us, and as for 'wrong allies', there's really only one option, whereas you guys could be allied with literally anyone to get the same coverage. Bit of a different scenario.

yes and no, you guys have players like the ocean clan, they were US and changed to Sweds, and there good, but that's just one clan. shame there's not a 3 party system instead of just 2.1. pirates really and not a nation persay. even still, the US have players from different time zone, has your alliance even bothered to locate any of them and try to makea, say a strike team so that coverage is 24/7. did you guys ever try? if could only help!