Game-Labs Forum

US Should Join w/ Spain France Sweden

EL LOCO

Historically .  US sided with France and had its own separate war with England but in this game, it is the opposite.   I don't understand it , especially when the pirates are now British pirates.

Game is lopsided and boring now.    There is no reason why United States should fight along with the British.  Does not make sense.  

As long as I can raid the Spanish treasure fleets ( and fishing white fleets ) the diplomats can do whatever.

Personally I would favour siding with French corsairs doubles rather than the Brittish "let's raid with squadron of 8+" :D

• Like 2

Historically, the US also had a war against France, and they almost declared war on both France and Britain simultaneously, soo :P
But yeah, in game if the US were to switch blocks it would be better. Unlikely, but better.

• Like 1

The game spans a wide time period. Deciding alliances by historicity is futile. 

The US being on opposite sides from Britain would make sense for time-zone coverage and population dispersion. However it seems like an unlikely thing to happen. But game mechanics are needed to force more than just 2 alliance blocks, smaller alliances and also easier alliance transitions. It should be possible to switch completely from one alliance to another in 1 voting cycle if both parties agree. It would make alliances potentially more fluid and make alliance changes viable again, something which with the current mechanics they are not.

• Like 8

Guest sruPL

OK, so it will be GB & Dutch (suffering lack of players) vs Spanish & Swedish & Danish & French & US? and then suddenly nightflips will be good, because you will have players US, right?  *cough*

1 minute ago, sruPL said:

OK, so it will be GB & Dutch (suffering lack of players) vs Spanish & Swedish & Danish & French & US? and then suddenly nightflips will be good, because you will have players US, right?  *cough*

Actually, in his title and OP he entirely left out mentioning Danes, so I assume that the implication is he wants to exchange Danmark for the US.

• Like 1

Guest sruPL
1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

Actually, in his title and OP he entirely left out mentioning Danes, so I assume that the implication is he wants to exchange Danmark for the US.

He also didn't mention Danish on our side. Let's wait for EL LOCO's reply and explanation.

Guest sruPL
3 minutes ago, rediii said:

lol. Brits filled 2 portbattles + screening or am i wrong here?

Complain about lack of players if you get to the level of the playerbase in sweden please haha. :D 

Dutch are suffering lack of players. 7UP left them and most of Dutch don't do PBs. They have internal conflicts between clans too. 

4 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Dutch are suffering lack of players. ..... and most of Dutch don't do PBs. They have internal conflicts between clans too. 

Yep, not so much dutch here. But we do PBs and we do not have internal conflicts. 

o7

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Anne Wildcat said:

British pirates? Are you talking about all the alts that stayed in Sorry. 

Think it's referring to how pirates were defending Santo Domingo and freely given La Vega.

As for the Dutch internal conflicts, aren't those pretty much gone now that 7UP jumped ship?

Two things I have came to notice regarding the awesome wave of newcomers recently that might or not be tied to population spread and nation/clan politics indirectly

They remade character in other nations due to some nation(s) having little or almost no english being used. They wish some nations would be more universal and less language focused. It is a community issue. On the opposite side of the coin we have a lot of native language players that do not write or understand english that join nations due to language issues. Again a community issue.

So better get to work and welcome all in a good universal way/language than struggling with population issues because the game-nations self isolate themselves when they unware impose barriers.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, sruPL said:

I thought the nightflips were good as well.

But I see that they are only okay if you do not suffer them.

--------------------------------

Yo creia que las batallas nocturnas estaban bien.

Pero veo que solo están bien si no las sufre usted.

• Like 2

Guest sruPL
1 minute ago, CeltiberoClearco said:

I thought the nightflips were good as well.

But I see that they are only okay if you do not suffer them.

--------------------------------

Yo creia que las batallas nocturnas estaban bien.

Pero veo que solo están bien si no las sufre usted.

You have to decide. In one thread you cry about nightflips, say "go to hell" and so on, but then you want US to go on your side and nightflip us. Sounds like hypocrite. Personally I am fine with nightflips, even if I cannot defend ports and go to sleep, it's just a game and others want to play it too.

21 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

British pirates? Are you talking about all the alts that stayed in Sorry. 

Brits and Pirates dont attack each other and are helping with screening.

Historically .  US sided with France and had its own separate war with England but in this game, it is the opposite.   I don't understand it , especially when the pirates are now British pirates.

Game is lopsided and boring now.    There is no reason why United States should fight along with the British.  Does not make sense. 

A lot of people want it to be boring. Take a look at PvP 2, the 2 biggest nations are allied there since forever and keep stomping the rest of the map. All PBs you see there are morningflips from the few chinese and nightflips from the US players. There is no opposition.

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sruPL said:

You have to decide. In one thread you cry about nightflips, say "go to hell" and so on, but then you want US to go on your side and nightflip us. Sounds like hypocrite. Personally I am fine with nightflips, even if I cannot defend ports and go to sleep, it's just a game and others want to play it too.

So it's true then that not even GB has enough US players to provide opposition?

2 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Why?

If anything I'd rather help screen for the underdogs. FYI, to me, everyone is an enemy so don't blame all pirates if I attack a Brit on the OS. Lol

Edited by Anne Wildcat

Guest sruPL
4 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Wrong, we attack each other in OW. 

3 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Why?

If anything I'd rather help screen for the underdogs. FYI, to me, everyone is an enemy so don't blame all pirates if I attack a Brit on the OS. Lol

Its not about OW, just about PBs. Lots of pirates Ive talked to think that Brits are the underdogs and thats why they are helping them. Its stupid, but it is how it is.

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 1