Game-Labs Forum

Testbed: Content patch - 9.98 deployed

admin

On 3/25/2017 at 0:39 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

We been burning through labor contracts like crazy with the guys that are level 50 making them to give to any one that needs to level up there crafting.  Might as well take this next few weeks to do that and rank up any one in your clan or nation before the patch.  Who knows how hard it will be on the new system.  I still have a have a handful of bottles I"ll prob go collect in the next few weeks too.

Yeah, I'm level 49, figured I'd do the same.  ;)

On 3/25/2017 at 3:13 PM, Ville de Klabauter said:

Hey guys, i got a question or too.

Did not reseve Marks for Trading-Misson.

How to get this Marks? Or is the only way to converte the Battle Marks?

They changed the names, but you get PvE marks from doing PvE.   You get PvP marks from doing PvP.   The Trading notes don't seem to drop for anything, but you can trade in PvE marks for them it seems.

• Like 1

tried the "historical" situation of frigate messing up with a SOL, 2 broadsides and the frigate was a wreck which felt on the spot.
but the same situation with a OW hugging tag brings everything backwards with the SOL "by mechanics" allowing the armed ship to come under the guns with impunity which wouldn't happen.

I propose the spawning distance to be as per Fighting Instructions / Rules of engagement at the time where the warships would shoot one cannon as signal for the unknown/enemy ship to identify itself or get ready to be engaged at a bare minimum of 750m

• Like 1

I assume you used the intructions http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/18684-test-server-branch-opens-today

I don't know about today but was playing there last night until server time 1AM or so.

12 minutes ago, captain pips said:

perhaps i did something wrong,but the code was not accepted and no beta content available.

make sure you have no spaces on the code. Devs assure everything is working.

Suggestion:  When doing the pve challenges while not add a random paint to the default ships. At the moment the average player cant get hands on paints. But adding paints to the default ships in the challenge would at least allow everyone to sail a painted ship.

Edited by z4ys

5 hours ago, z4ys said:

Suggestion:  When doing the pve challenges while not add a random paint to the default ships. At the moment the average player cant get hands on paints. But adding paints to the default ships in the challenge would at least allow everyone to sail a painted ship.

If I understand right in the future they will be able to get paints in the shop, port battels (can be traded) and rare drops.  

Though making the defualt shisp have random paints would kinda be cool so folks can see what they look like before they trade or us one.  Though I have issues with the PvE challenges on Testbed.  I have yet to beat one with a defualt ship cause the BR diffrence in ship match up is way off.  They need to do something about this or you will never see any one but a bunch of elite players wining it and I don't even think they would be able to.  I have yet to see any one score a place on any of the challenges.  If any one has would like to know which missions and how they did it.

Just hopped in the test bed this morning, and I'm really liking how the OW is looking.  Much less AI, and the AI I'm seeing tends to be lynxes -> Niagaras, with the odd Cerb/Rattle task force in the mix.  Saw one fleet of 3 4th Rates and a few unrated, which felt good too.  Sailed from Charleston to St. Mary's, and didn't see a single tower that wasn't associated with a town.

Very excited for the OW PvP that'll be rejuvenated.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If I understand right in the future they will be able to get paints in the shop, port battels (can be traded) and rare drops.  

Though making the defualt shisp have random paints would kinda be cool so folks can see what they look like before they trade or us one.  Though I have issues with the PvE challenges on Testbed.  I have yet to beat one with a defualt ship cause the BR diffrence in ship match up is way off.  They need to do something about this or you will never see any one but a bunch of elite players wining it and I don't even think they would be able to.  I have yet to see any one score a place on any of the challenges.  If any one has would like to know which missions and how they did it.

I did it with the Essex the day before yesterday. Think was versus Trinc ?

Yesterday was Snow vs Mercury, was interesting but the weight of shot difference did tell.

I would say it is a "challenge" as opposite to the "farming".

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Yesterday was Snow vs Mercury, was interesting but the weight of shot difference did tell.

Was that the demast one?   Essex vs two trincs?  Did you beat it?   I been trying them but any time it's two ships vs my one they are one BR level higher and they melt my ship.  Than again I have no clue what the default freebie ship is.

Again if only a few of us are even beating it right now and not even placing the average joe will never get on there and it will be only the elite players that all ways score.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah that is the only one I think I seen some one score on.  I more thinking have any one even got a mast down or a time in the other too.   They are pretty much impossible to do cause it's two vs one and the two ships are higher BR.  

I just tried the Demasting Challenge. 
Fitted the cannons i wanted on the Essex and clicked "start". 

Funny thing, i was suddenly in a Snow with Carronades fighting a Mercury. Not sure what happened there. 
Alas, i demasted the Mercury completely (Including Bow Sprit) in 4 minutes and 37 seconds. 

Does the challenge change from day to day or? If so i'll try again tomorrow and hope to get the Essex VS Trincomalee. 

3 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Fitted the cannons i wanted on the Essex and clicked "start". 

Funny thing, i was suddenly in a Snow with Carronades fighting a Mercury. Not sure what happened there. 
Alas, i demasted the Mercury completely (Including Bow Sprit) in 4 minutes and 37 seconds. 

Does the challenge change from day to day or? If so i'll try again tomorrow and hope to get the Essex VS Trincomalee. 

Wait the Mercury?  Wasn't it two of them?   I haven't done it in a bit, but I all ways was in an Essex vs two Trincs (which I don't even think can be demasted by it cause of the pen of the mast).   Maybe they finally tweeked the dang thing. That was one of my complaints and the fact it was two vs one so they would double team you while you try to work on  one ship.  1 vs 1 I can see doing it like the kills one or  a timer how fast can you demast it. 

Guess I need to pop back on Testbed today and try them out again.  

15 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

I did a pve kill challenge snow vs merc and as I wanted to try it again I had to use a cutter.

Suggestion:

The port battle "cant join timer" should be relocated. As a non RvR player a timer sticking for 30min in the middle of the screen is just annoying. The timer should be located like the "teleport to captial" button.

Or countdown the first min in the middle of the screen and then fade away (move to a corner of the screen)

a1DK4BD.jpg

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

Will the testbed be updated to represent the post 19th/20th wipe-aggedon release anytime soon ?

It still has 3 dura's, mods and a very limited Admiralty shop. The ship 'strucutre' bar sims to be a little better balanced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeheil said:

Will the testbed be updated to represent the post 19th/20th wipe-aggedon release anytime soon ?

It still has 3 dura's, mods and a very limited Admiralty shop. The ship 'strucutre' bar sims to be a little better balanced. 

Devs can confirm, but I heard the testbed will be updated within a week or so. they promised a patch to the testbed before the actual patch though. So keep your eyes peeled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeheil said:

I asked if since they won't be doing the PvE merge thing will they release the patch or even testbed sooner.  Ink answered on STEAM that they have a bunch of other things to do and work on that it won't come any sooner.

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Devs can confirm, but I heard the testbed will be updated within a week or so. they promised a patch to the testbed before the actual patch though. So keep your eyes peeled.

Well they did say by the 10th so that means the patch can drop at any time maybe.  Than the merger prep is the 19th and Merger on 20th of April, though I'm not holding my breath on those numbers until that date, anything can happen before than.  Hell might even get it early (see I can be positive some times folks).

On 3/28/2017 at 7:54 AM, Hethwill said:

I finally got my feet wet and jumped into the testbed to try some of the new stuff.

I tried the PvE challenge, the "Kill as many ships" one. My initial feedback was going to be "this was very hard, the AI was a very tough opponent both in maneuverability and fire accuracy. I assumed it was all due to my lack of experience". However, after reading the post above from a more experienced player, I did not feel so bad. This type of challenge will definitely make me work on my sailing/combat skills if I want to have any chance to be ranked or earn any reward at all. So, in my opinion this is a great addition to the game.

I did notice the nerfing of the chain shot, even to a newbie like me. I was able to see the subjective difference compared to my few previous battles vs AI on the PvE server (which I thought did significant damage at that time).

I do have a few questions if you guys don't mind my still not knowing what would appear to be basic knowledge of the UI:

1- The missions/challenges on the left side of the UI all have timers, I assume it is the time left for that particular tournament before results are tallied and rewards granted to the participating players, right?

58dfa90f99af2_NA004.jpg.92cb39fd40e855b88e840224636cee0e.jpg

2- Combat orders (which are not new): there are multiple levels from Midshipman to Admiral, any link to a post that explains what the different levels mean?

58dfa92d2156a_NA005.jpg.a26569800dbf63ad89586c20149e37ec.jpg

This next picture is more like proofreading than really testing the game mechanics:

58dfaae2280e8_NA006.jpg.19f23d3b2f96f9962145df5e7f58530b.jpg

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to participate in the testbed.

Edited by AngryPanCake
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 2:18 PM, TommyShelby said:

1- Fitted the cannons i wanted on the Essex and clicked "start". 

Does the challenge change from day to day or? If so i'll try again tomorrow and hope to get the 2- Essex VS Trincomalee. 

1- Good to know players can actually switch guns prior to the challenge. I was just going to ask the question.

2- I did get the Essex, beautiful ship. Great work on the ship model, I had never seen it before. I was wondering what the opponent was. The trincomalee was a tough nut to crack, I guess...cause it kicked my arse twice! Turns on a dime and her master gunner is top notch.

The changing of the ships is a great feature, so people don't get bored with fighting in the same one and/on the same opponent over and over again.

Edited by AngryPanCake

18 minutes ago, AngryPanCake said:

1- Good to know players can actually switch guns prior to the challenge. I was just going to ask the question.

2- I did get the Essex, beautiful ship. Great work on the ship model, I had never seen it before. I was wondering what the opponent was. The trincomalee was a tough nut to crack, I guess...cause it kicked my arse twice! Turns on a dime and her master gunner is top notch.

The changing of the ships is a great feature, so people don't get bored with fighting in the same one and/on the same opponent over and over again.

Yeah being able to choose the Armament you want is very nice. 
However my point was that i chose the Armament i wanted for the Essex but when i actually got into battle i was in a Snow with Carronades. (Frustrating :p) 

9 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Yeah being able to choose the Armament you want is very nice. 
However my point was that i chose the Armament i wanted for the Essex (#) but when i actually got into battle i was in a Snow with Carronades. (Frustrating :p) 

I thought you see the ship before changing the armament, see pictures:

58dfb3a34724c_NA007.thumb.jpg.3de6851a485f6238037f03871d81f819.jpg

I haven't done it myself, I assume you do it in page 2 under cannons, right?

# - so you mean it said Essex in the yellow box, then switched to snow in battle mode?

Edited by AngryPanCake
read post more closely bold statment