Game-Labs Forum

Wow

Kloothommel

1 minute ago, OlavDeng2 said:

the idea and all is good, and im gonna sound pessimistic here, but to me it looks like they are definitely over scoping with the project which will lead to it being a mediocre product, but we will see.

I share your concerns. But what you see often with KS projects is that if interest is high enough they can get external financing more easily.

Backed it nonetheless.

Edited by Kloothommel

Just now, Kloothommel said:

I share your concerns. But what you see often with KS projects is that if interest is high enough they can get external financing more easily.

Backed it nonetheless.

we will see, but I would not want to back that project seeing what they are promising, i fear that it will just end up being either another uncompleted game or a mediocre one, so for me im just gonna wait till release of it and see then, if its good il buy it, if it isnt. well i wont have lost anything

• Like 2

Fully instanced world. Check.

Regarding the full Land based stuff... I see no point to it.

I look to the KS and the aims are too far apart in their extremes, but the fellows are surely talented and have a keen interest in "make your own story" type of designs.

I wish them luck, but it seems overly ambitious, and even if it works out with procedural generation you end up with a vast but slightly soulless game like E:D.

Having ships to walk around in would be nice in NA. I wish they'd open their kickstarter for new stuff soon :)

• Like 1

No it doesn't look good. You should notice that "funny" things are not funny when you have to repeat it 10-100-1000 times. I prefer NA to keep current course and focus at OS. walking on the ship decks. maybe nice but what the point? how many times u will do it if you have no reason or goal to do it?

looks nice.

But I am not convinced theres a good game at the end of development here, and personally I am not into this

" Multiplayer cooperative sailing - one player steers the ship, another operates the sails, and several more could operate the cannons" - thing.

(I also dont care for "sea of thieves")

• Like 1

Don't even compare this to Naval Action:) I don't think NA Engine is capable of achieving something close like that. I got to say with huge list of promises and only 100k they tend to fail. Obvious money grab. They need a team of at least 50 people to make this project come to life and that doesn't cost 100k, more like few mil to start with. 

Sorry, but I hate companies that promise s*** and don't deliver it and this looks like it might be one of few that exist today. 

Edited by Ned Loe

3 hours ago, OlavDeng2 said:

the idea and all is good, and im gonna sound pessimistic here, but to me it looks like they are definitely over scoping with the project which will lead to it being a mediocre product, but we will see.

All they need to do is combine this with the multiplayer firing and boarding combat style of Blackwake and the OW w PBs of NA..then it'd be what we all want of NA :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sruPL said:

I never said anything about walking on the ship, but trust me. Lots of people would prefer first person view than third.

I really wish it was possible to shoot while in the 'home' key free camera mode, the one where its locked to the movement of the ship. Then we'd be able to at least pretend to be walking around the ship and watch from decent viewpoints to see what's going on. Sitting at the back of the ship and not seeing jack because of the sails/masts of the way is just annoying the way it is now.

Combined with having an axis for the rudder control so that I can plug in a wheel to steer the ship with - woop woop.

43 minutes ago, Aegir said:

I really wish it was possible to shoot while in the 'home' key free camera mode, the one where its locked to the movement of the ship. Then we'd be able to at least pretend to be walking around the ship and watch from decent viewpoints to see what's going on. Sitting at the back of the ship and not seeing jack because of the sails/masts of the way is just annoying the way it is now.

Combined with having an axis for the rudder control so that I can plug in a wheel to steer the ship with - woop woop.

1 minute ago, sruPL said:

Exploit! Ah wait... My bad wont, just saw that the thread was created by a Dane.

I just wish we could fire while looking through spyglass....