Game-Labs Forum

What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

Who would you sail for?  

860 members have voted

1. 1. What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

• Britain
    • France
    • Denmark - Norway
    • Spain
    • United States
    • Sweden
    • Russia
    • Other

i wanted to ge Royal Navy to but from the looks of it it will be the one with the highes Population so someone has tot ake care of the other nations:P

but honestly sailing in the baltic with any ship will be an pain in the ass with all these shallow waters.

• Like 1

But that's what will make it interesting......

Yup!

That... and a guy who has you out gunned and driving you into the shallows.

I'm with you Mirones, someone has to be "the other guy".   Perhaps we should hook up with the Shogun once Japan gets on the map? Face off against a British Ship-Of-The-Line. That would crank up the adrenalin... a least for the 2 minutes before you were sunk   :wacko:  

• Like 3

I'm from switzerland, so i don't really have a connection to any of the nations that are going to be ingame

britain was my first choice, but as it will almost certainly have the biggest population i'll probably go with something else... No idea if it should be spain, france, or whatever...

Will be a tought decision to make!

why does there have to be nations? we were to explore and discover this world and name the continents,every new piece of realestate was to be named,resources were to be found,,we are supposed to build the nations as we want,clans will will band together to keep a teritory thier own,,people that econ will raise up with the money and power to destroy those clans and take what is thiers for now,and maybe one day in this game a super power emerges with thousands of players who will lay claim to a region. while at the same time pirates are out there,adventurers are finding treasure and gold,and explorers are mapping the known world,and are you willing to give all that up just to model this game on a history already had been written when we can write our own,,,i dident come here to rewrite history or to play old battels of long ago,,i came here to write my own,,how about you..veyron

why does there have to be nations?

Well, I guess first and foremost, because that is the game they are developing and that we are testing and most of us are looking for.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1647-open-world-prototype-ports-suggestions/

From your posts that I have read it sounds like there is not much that you do like about the game, although forgive me if I am wrong, I may have missed that. This is not the game where your wish to have a scantly clad all female crew will be realized. Nor will you be able to reinvent history with some adolescent caracatrure of fantasy nations. You don't like fat old guys in uniforms? Again, this is not the game for you.

If you want a game that will be as realistic as possible within the confines of also keeping it enjoyable, then this may be for you. You have viable suggestions keeping in mind the structure and information that the Dev's have put out? Again this may be for you. Posting threads and comments not even directionally close to that put in doubt the veracity of your comments and intentions.

Based upon your posts it really does not seem that you are in the right forum. As Johny Reb noted in another post it sounds like you are looking for that non-existent Age of Sail Eve game to be developed. Sounds cool, I'd try it out.

In the mean time all of the people who have put in tons of hours testing and giving feedback and suggestions to the Dev's based upon the information that they are providing to us will continue to do so.

Regards.

• Like 2

Being an old U.S. Marine, I have to go with the good Ole U S of A. Second choice, Britian. Got English in me. Last choice France, I got English in me. That last choice is after taking a shotgun to my computer.

Have to admit, I had a good laugh when I read this :D.

BTW, France after all helped the US to be independent in the first place, so in this particular era they should be your second choice after USA!!!.