Game-Labs Forum

Regional "Trims"

You answered your own question...  Is the "strong hull bonus" equal to or greater than the additional broadside weight every 13th broadside?  And if you have the "British Refit", are you going to stack that with monkeys or now take a repair mod instead?  

My point is 2.5% is NOT game changing...  5%, maybe...  not 2.5%

Your not accounting for crew loss.  If your getting more broadsides off, your killing more crew (splinter patch).  British were known for having some of the fastest cannon reloaders and faster reloading won many battles for the British. 

Your not accounting for crew loss.  If your getting more broadsides off, your killing more crew (splinter patch).  British were known for having some of the fastest cannon reloaders and faster reloading won many battles for the British. 

Game spans from 1670 - 1820, Brits can be as bad as they can be good, same as with all nations including the US. We take on the average credible and consistent crew abilities. Reloads were much longer back in some iteration of Trials.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that regional bonuses are not final and subject to change and are provided for testing. they may suck and the feature might be dropped going forward. 

Regional bonuses are great, add more national map/attack/defend strategy, crafting strategy, and force shipbuilding and commerce out of the capital region.  Just about everyone I've talked to in our nation enjoys the idea and is looking forward to building ships with the bonuses.

I personally like the French Refit...

-2.5% reload, AND +1% to top speed. 

Doesn't sound like much but +1% on top speed on a Trinc is a good .13kn on top of its top speed before mods. 

You run Frigate Master, Copper plating, French Refit, Cedar build,  and studding or Stay sails and that ship will flat out fly!

Thanks for posting your setup; too many people don't like sharing such things.

Doesn't sound like much but +1% on top speed on a Trinc is a good .13kn on top of its top speed before mods. 

You run Frigate Master, Copper plating, French Refit, Cedar build,  and studding or Stay sails and that ship will flat out fly!

waaaaaay better british refit, with this current raking meta turn speed>top speed and if u want to outrun somothing just remember that stern chaser are op so u can also escape from endymion and renomee easily.

PS: trinco are bad in this meta, no turn speed , no stern cannons, e heavy crew loss on broadside

PS2:british refit: +5% accuracy +5% reload speed +1%turn speed

Edited by elite92

Just to let yo know we tested a Trinc with the Pirate Refit and another with the regional Speed perk.    The Pirate refit has 2% to speed but has the sail force thing.  The regional speed is 5% speed.  Both ships had no mods on and was built exactly the same speed trim and out of cedar.   We found in most winds the Pirate Refit had a higher top speed be a good bit over the speed regional.  That force main mast thing also helped you get to top speed faster. Than add in the board perks it has.  It's a way better build than some one trying to go all out speed.  So be warned we got some very very very very fast Trincs and even now Connies out there.  Than again it's something you would expect from pirates ships being able to run other ships down faster. I just don't get why folks don't use the pirate hunter perk, powder monkeys, rum ration and improved mag against pirates when fighting them.  Than ad a regional bonus like the French and British.  You talking about around 25% to your reloads (It was 25% before patch doing this combo without regional bonus).   If folks wills top running than they don't need that speed.  Every fight I been in on OW lately all the guys do is hit my sales and I have them almost sunk before I do a sale repair and I only have around 10-12.5% to my reload depending on the Mods and perk I use on my combat set up.     That one extra knot (now half of one) really didn't mean crap on a pirate unless you plan to run from them or if they plan to run from you.   Nationals had it way better to set up great combat ships.  Specially for port battles against pirates.

Does this game thickness up to 87.11?

I crafted Bellona (origin  thickness is 73) : Live oak wood(+7) + stiffness(+2) + Strong hull bonus(+7) = her thickness should be (89)

but when I check her state...only show up (87.11)

It is not a 7 to your armor it's a 7% and it's only off your base armor.   So if you base is 73 than 7% of that would be 5.11 so you will have 78.11 armor thickness.  Add in the Live Oak + 7 and stiffness +2 that would only be 87.11 not 89.  Remember it's a percentage not absolute number for the regional strong hull.

waaaaaay better british refit, with this current raking meta turn speed>top speed and if u want to outrun somothing just remember that stern chaser are op so u can also escape from endymion and renomee easily.

PS: trinco are bad in this meta, no turn speed , no stern cannons, e heavy crew loss on broadside

PS2:british refit: +5% accuracy +5% reload speed +1%turn speed

I would say the Spanish Hunter is going to be a good stern camper for some ships. I'm thinking of making a surprise with this  regional if we get a region that has it.   The turn rate and the better aim will help big time and the sail force gives you better speed at certain directions.  Good for running some one down and stern camping them.

• Like 1

I don't think I agree with you, mainly because it really comes down to the wind and who has it.   A good sailor with a ship built to head into the wind can get the advantage and keep the advantage. 

Remember the mast force bonus is like having stay sails (I think that is the correct one) and they can be stacked with the mods.   That is where I'll catch you over the fact you would have what a 1% speed over me?   Than if I can catch you and out turn you I'll be the one that negacts your faster reload with the Brisitsh Refit.    Would be good to test.  i'll let you know if I get a ship built out of it.

I used the two trincs we tested early as the one with Pirate Refit is actually faster in battle than the one with Speed Regional.

Does this game thickness up to 87.11?

I crafted Bellona (origin  thickness is 73) : Live oak wood(+7) + stiffness(+2) + Strong hull bonus(+7) = her thickness should be (89)

but when I check her state...only show up (87.11)

Strong hull bonus is 7%, not 7cm absolute.

British Refit:

R: Central America, C: Belize.

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"]"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}

["SHIP_TURNING_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":1}]

French Refit:

R: Gulf, C: Louisiane.

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-10}

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-2.5}

["SHIP_MAX_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":1}]

The values i just posted are the updated values.

I've updated it in the Document i have but not here on the forum. I will update it today. (Stand up show got in the way yesterday.)

This still needs to be updated on the main page.

Strong hull bonus is 7%, not 7cm absolute.

Yep and it's only to the base state of the ships armor not what wood or other things might add to it.  It been average about 3-5 extra armor depending the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my table bonuses (bonus:county). Maybe it will be useful

• NO bonus: Inagua, La Habana, Quatro Villas, Filipina, Isla de Pinos, Caymans, South Cays, Surrey, Ponce, Vestindiske Øer, Gustavia, Dominica, Martinique, Benedenwinds, Santa Marta, Portobelo, Costa Rica, South Mosquito, Providencia, Comayagua, Bacalar, Merida, Apalache, Costa de los Calos, Los Martires, Costa del Fuego, Timucua, Georgia, South Carolina, Cayos del Golfo
  • Regional Close Hauled: Grand Bahama, Golfo de Maracaibo, Campeche
  • Pirate Refit: Abaco, Kidd's Island
  • Regional Thickness: Andros
  • Regional Morale: New Providence
  • Regional Reload: Exuma, Cornwall, Leeward Islands, Royal Mosquito
  • Regional Build Strength: Crooked, Baracoa, Caracas, North Mosquito
  • Regional Explorer: Turks and Caicos
  • Spanish Hunter: Los llanos, San Juan, Trinidad
  • Strong Hull: Nuevitas del Principe, Santo Domingo, Orinoco, Cartagena, Texas, North Carolina
  • Regional Pump: Ciudad de Cuba
  • Strong Rig: Les Cayes, Margarita, Nuevo Santander
  • French Refit: Port-au-Prince, Louisiane
  • Agile Hull: Cap-Français, Cumaná, Vera Cruz
  • Regional Speed: La Vega, Basse-Terre, Florida Occidental, Bermuda
  • Northern Carpenters: Virgin Islands, Bovenwinds
  • Regional Accuracy: Grande-Terre, Sainte-Lucie
  • British Refit: Windward Islands, Belize
  • Regional Running: Lago de Maracaibo

TommyShelby:

• Kidd's Island located in Atlantic region
  • Baracoa have only Regional Build Strength
  • Regional Pump in Ciudad de Cuba region East Cuba
Edited by qw569
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TommyShelby said:

Ofcourse Sir. I'll check it now and update the list AND list the changes in this comment.

Based on the API there have not been any changes to the regional trims. 

did u find out whats changed?

• 4 weeks later...