Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.96 - New conquest, New trading, New ships and other things

admin

All my ships seem to have stayed Ex, except my traders lynx that has dropped to Mc

It seems to me that all fir ships are getting downgraded. My MC fir trader lynx became fine, all my Oak/Teak ships stayed exceptional. And i've heard a few reporting their fir ships downgraded.

Laudanum is a medical item.

Same as slaves it was legal way back in 1800, but we should know better

Laudanum is a 10% solution of opium....and it turned your namesake in the Aubrey/Maturin books into an addict and made him nearly loose his life...as you should know.

If you don't:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laudanum

Laudanum /ˈlɔːdnəm/ is a tincture of opium containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight (the equivalent of 1% morphine).[1]

.... Today, laudanum is recognized as addictive and is strictly regulated and controlled as such throughout most of the world. The United States Uniform Controlled Substances Act, for one example, lists it on Schedule II....

Edited by Jan van Santen

Same as slaves it was legal way back in 1800, but we should know better

Laudanum is a 10% solution of opium....and it turned your namesake in the Aubrey/Maturin books into an addict and made him nearly loose his life...as you should know.

If you don't:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laudanum

Laudanum /ˈlɔːdᵊnəm/ is a tincture of opium containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight (the equivalent of 1% morphine).[1]

.... Today, laudanum is recognized as addictive and is strictly regulated and controlled as such throughout most of the world. The United States Uniform Controlled Substances Act, for one example, lists it on Schedule II....

It's legal by prescription. (Legal)

• Like 1

But only one of my 3 Constis got downgraded. 

3-5s are exceptional. Anything less is mastercraft. Now there's a chance at two different outcomes when you click a 4 note build. If people had clicked more 1-3s in the past, this would have probably been common knowledge ;)

I dont get it... Why did you not send an ingame message that you will change the prices of products so massivly?? I lost millions of credits because of this patch. Extremly annoying.

Also... why are 2 of my traders downgraded from excpetional to common??

Great work! Thanks for nothing.  :angry:

So half my ships were gold, now purple, some non craftable upgrades I spent hours and hours getting and paying a small fortune on, are nerfed beyond use, most craftable upgrades costing a minimum of 4 mid notes, are nerfed beyond use.

Thanks devs, stellar job.

Nerf away, I am done.

• Like 2

So half my ships were gold, now purple, some non craftable upgrades I spent hours and hours getting and paying a small fortune on, are nerfed beyond use, most craftable upgrades costing a minimum of 4 mid notes, are nerfed beyond use.

Nerf away, I am done.

You had other than exeptional ships? :o:blink:

It's legal by prescription. (Legal)

I wasn't asked for a prescription when I took the delivery order, and I gues I won't need one either when i buy/sell it.

Guys, you miss the point, all of you and totally !

In 1800 both slaves and laudanum were legit, Laudanum was sold w/o a prescription than.  But not in a civilized world in 2016

Nerf away, I am done. 

Yeah, but you can now trade drugs in NA ! 

Besides: Where have all the contraband traders gone ? All I have seen after the patch were national traders which I couldn't attack since the nearby fleets are now all national, too....

TLDR: This patch will continue to reduce the player numbers in NA, just like the previous ones. Thank god tmrw Civ 6 is released....

Edited by Jan van Santen

I wasn't asked for a prescription when I took the delivery order, and I gues I won't need one either when i buy/sell it.

In 1800 both slaves and laudanum were legit, Laudanum was sold w/o a prescription than.  But not in a civilized world in 2016

w8 - we can have slaves? FINALLY !!! :wub::ph34r:

Edited by Twig

Nerf away, I am done.

You are a tester and things will change. If such small things effect you then maybe you should wait until final game release when all things are tuned and in place. Don't forget about Final wipe before release (it might save you some nerves). Wipe will include all your ships, mods, structures and goods. Only Rank and Craft XP will remain.

Do you realize that You are helping construct the game, you can't play it as Final Released Version. 

Customers have to understand that they paid for Alpha (Under construction) game. We all are Guinea Pigs until release. Unfortunately, some people want all at once and now. 

• Like 9

I fail to see the point you are trying to make, do you mean that Laudanum shouldn't be in the game?

You can't possibly be advocating slavery ships? In a world that is so politicaly correct these days, they will make firewood of this game in no time.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make, do you mean that Laudanum shouldn't be in the game?

You can't possibly be advocating slavery ships? In a world that is so politicaly correct these days, they will make firewood of this game in no time.

You should have neither drug nor slave trade in this game, thats the point.

You are a tester and things will change. If such small things effect you then maybe you should wait until final game release when all things are tuned and in place. Don't forget about Final wipe before release (it might save you some nerves). Wipe will include all your ships, mods, structures and goods. Only Rank and Craft XP will remain.

Do you realize that You are helping construct the game, you can't play it as Final Released Version. 

Customers have to understand that they paid for Alpha (Under construction) game. We all are Guinea Pigs until release

His point and mine is: this patch has done nothing to make the game more playable, give it more content and better balance, which are the things needed to make it ready for release.

On the contrary, it will like the previous ones, further reduce the number of existing players and make the game less attractive for new ones.

Have you ever asked yourself, if even the hardcore fans leave, how is the game supposed to be attractive for new and casual players ??

Edited by Jan van Santen

Because I feel like their mechanics may be important, I am copying my thoughts expressed here 

Regarding the fort guns and towers, my initial thoughts on how they should work is this, in order of preference (first situation applies):

• Forts will always defend themselves if shot at.
  • Forts will always fire on war-declared nations, regardless of side
  • Forts not owned by pirates will always fire on pirates (treated as perpetually "at war")
  • Forts owned by pirates will always assist pirates whether defender or aggressor.
  • Forts will never defend a smuggler.
  • Forts will always defend a member of their nation or allied nation

AM SO EXCITE FOR UPDATE. 

we have used the ship cargo lists of that time for the resources and community research proposals. Resource lists are not final and might change. Slavery related issues and whaling will never get in game. Historical drugs like tobacco, alcohol and other items we don't know. Some might get removed. 

Laudanum isn't even a drug that has a widespread problem of abuse anymore. It's a historical medicine and--unlike slavery--not inherently immoral.

Can we move on, please?

• Like 8

we have used the ship cargo lists of that time for the resources and community research proposals. Resource lists are not final and might change. Slavery related issues and whaling will never get in game. Historical drugs like tobacco, alcohol and other items we don't know. Some might get removed. 

Replace Controvercial Drug name to - Painkillers or Medical Supplies 

Laudanum isn't even a drug that has a widespread problem of abuse anymore. It's a historical medicine and--unlike slavery--not inherently immoral.

Can we move on, please?

There are people who want to see this game fails. It won't happen. 

• Like 1