Game-Labs Forum

Stop the Gold inflation

Dear players, we need to stop the Gold inflation.

At this very moment the prices in ports are rising and rising, making it inpossible for new players to get to equipment for a reasonable price, we could wait until the Developers do something about it, or we do something right now. But what can you do?

As a PVP player you can attack Player traders, but dont bring the goods back into the market, destroy them, while this will rise the prices for a short period of a time it will in the end stabilise and reduce the inflation to a certain extend.

As a PVE player, just dont bring the resources back in the marked.

As a Trader, sell the goods not for a unreasonable price, something around 150% of the buyprise would be ok, atm we have over 1000% diffrence between buy and sell

as a Crafter, craft ships slower, but more Smaller midrange vessels. especialy Shallow waterships getting rare in the capitals.

Lets make Naval Trade great again inflation need to stop.

• Like 1

Well.. Part of the problem is actually player created.. The insane prizes ppl take for crafting notes (midgrade notes in particular) means that all ships atm are in fact way underprized.. An exceptional frigate will cost u between 200k and 250k in capitals yet the notes alone will cost the crafter 400k-500k.. This same principle goes with all craftable upgrades - they all require midgrade notes and that means crafters normally give away exceptional upgrades for free to clanmates and takes anywhere between 1 and 2 mill for yellow regulars.. Permanent is normally a bit cheaper (due to them being permanent), but the same principle goes..

I do agree however that we can/should do something as players to make the game easier to get into for new players.. And a bit of price regulating would be one way to go about it..

Cut off easy money printing due rage board farming 1st/2nd NPCs = case solve.

ATM rage boarder can make 1-2m per hour, depend on luck. So the prices of the goods on market are only response of the effort you need to put in it.

btw yesterday I spend 3m for 5 class frigate and  I am sure that I did well deal. money have no value. The other word, I have to spend less effort to make this cash than craft a good quality frigate exactly as I need.

Edited by Rychu Karas
  • Like 1

... and other folks start threads about "I am rank 10, XP are useless for me, I want a function to convert XP into gold" and get cheered for it by many user.

Is it so hard to think further than "me me me"?!

To see the global consequences for what people are asking for?

For the majority of gamers I guess it is an impossible task to think 10s ahead.

At least folks like the OP gave me back some faith in the overall appreciation of reality.

Edit:

Edited by Ragor

You are kidding me right? The price for ships at the moment in ridiculously cheap! When I started playing, an exceptional frigate was 600-700k. We didn't have missions that paid out gold and xp, we just had the grind. A new player can sell their crafting hours for 200-300 gold each, every day, making them enough money to buy a very good ship straight away. They will most likely have exceptional ships, as opposed to us who had to make do with fine or common.

New players have it easy.

• Like 3

Average prices of ships of all tiers - in every single trade hub - these days are lower as they never have been before. So OP is just barking at something it is not happening.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Average prices of ships of all tiers - in every single trade hub - these days are lower as they never have been before. So OP is just barking at something it is not happening.

Aha.Since I have no clue what ports you are referring to and since I guess that you are fully aware, that the prices are different in each faction and in each port, I am looking forward that you will validate your statement with an actual chart of all major ports and the according price pattern.

Thanks in advance for your incoming objective source.

Edited by Ragor
  • Like 1

I don't know about the PVP servers, because I only play on PVE but as a new player of two months, I have done pretty well so far in this game. I have a decent fleet of ships from the humble 6th & 5th rate vessels, right up to and including the Vic, Santi & L'Ocean 1st rates and all this was possible through trading goods between ports and fishing. Besides all the ships I have bought, I also have a gold reserve (presently) of just under 25 million. I have reached the rank of Post Captain and half way in XP towards my next rank of Fleet captain and Ihave reached level 15 in crafting. You can make lots of gold in this game by spending time trading in the OW. Fishing alone has earned me millions, by just converting caught fish into fish meat and selling for the highest price of 99 gold per portion at many ports around the map. You need to get yourself a few Trader ships, Trader Brig and Le'Gross Ventre & Indiaman if you want to carry large loads and spend a few days out on the ocean, buying and selling, as a change from just fighting battles. I still have over 30 sealed bottles I haven't opened yet and those that I have used have given me some nice booty including labour contracts and some pretty nice gold upgrades. There is more to this game than just crafting ships and blasting cannon balls at each other. Get out there in the Open World and do some trading, explore the whole map as I have done.   

• Like 1

Aha.Since I have no clue what ports you are referring to and since I guess that you are fully aware, that the prices are different in each faction and in each port, I am looking forward that you will validate your statement with an actual chart of all major ports and the according price pattern.

Thanks in advance for your incoming objective source.

Gathering detailed price information on ships takes time and effort, so it has a market value I have no intention to share with you.

You can trust me or not, if I tell you that - on PVP 1 at least - there is no inflation at all, since prices of ships are dropping. But that's the situation.

Wanna check my statement?

it's simple, just follow my suggestions:

- open different outposts in suitable free towns near to trade hubs of major factions,

- grab a gold trimmed fir wood trader's lynx and fit it for extreme speed (gold copper plating and speed trims, staysails, and so on),

- put on the smuggler flag and head to the trade hub cities (loosing a lot of time hopping out from battles with the inevitable two or three noobs that attack you in everything different than a speed fitted gold fir lynx)

- rinse and repeat for every main nation trade hub, preferably on a weekly basis.

so ... go on with your pvp (and - if you like - go on also complaing about a non existent inflation). But please be aware that, while you do so, other people in this game actually ... trade (and it this second kind of people that - therefore - actually know what is going on with prices of ships). 

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

attack Player traders, but dont bring the goods back into the market, destroy them...

Pirate Jesus will strike you down for such blasphemy !!!

I have another option, give the looted good to a crafter of your confidence in exchange for new ships or modules.

• Like 2

its not only ships mate, the prices are so low because nobody cares about gold as currency anymore, 60% of sorry has each over 100 million in their pocket. there are plenty of over people who smirk on that amount of money.

if oyu look into the shops of varius ports you can see alot of goods especially materials are way to overpriced.

ive just rageboarded a vic and got 600k for 15mins of work, while i support the idea of the mission that you get money for a boarded ship, i think 300k for a vic is more then justefied. also gold for dmgs need togo, they should have fix money for missions.

Pirate Jesus will strike you down for such blasphemy !!!

I have another option, give the looted good to a crafter of your confidence in exchange for new ships or modules.

Destroying goods are basickly a quick moneysink, the gold is not getting back into the market, yesterday i sunk 2k compass wood, worth atleast 1mil, i also dumped a huge amount of silver in jamaika resulting in high prices for midgradenots :3

if the devs start foundle around then we all goner cry, so lets make the players do the balance

You are kidding me right? The price for ships at the moment in ridiculously cheap! When I started playing, an exceptional frigate was 600-700k. We didn't have missions that paid out gold and xp, we just had the grind. A new player can sell their crafting hours for 200-300 gold each, every day, making them enough money to buy a very good ship straight away. They will most likely have exceptional ships, as opposed to us who had to make do with fine or common.

New players have it easy.

how do you sell crafting hours?

(. A new player can sell their crafting hours for 200-300 gold )

another 600k without firing a sinlge shot, took a curse fleet mission (highest rank), kited the enmy into my group of 3rdrate, and put then crew on the ghostships, got a pavel, 2 3rdrates and a vic in a battle, also a santi but she sunk before escaping

mate, inflation is not the overgrowth of money amount available on the market, but only the possible raise of the prices of goods caused by such overgowth.

In the actual situation of NA economy, any possible inflative effect of the growth of money mass is prevented by the fact that the offer of goods vastly exceeds the demand thereof.

In fact, you see actual inflation only in the rare goods (Ocean & Agamemnon) that have very high prices: 10M the first and 5M the second. This shows that - until the demand will be fully satisfied by the offer - prices will not grow, despite the growth of money mass.

If DEVS will make crafting much more difficult (which means slower and/or expensive) then, yeah, it is very likely that there will be inflation of price in presence of easy money farming.

Edited by victor

Dear players, we need to stop the Gold inflation.

NO

As a PVP player you can attack Player traders, but dont bring the goods back into the market, destroy them, while this will rise the prices for a short period of a time it will in the end stabilise and reduce the inflation to a certain extend.

NO

As a Trader, sell the goods not for a unreasonable price, something around 150% of the buyprise would be ok, atm we have over 1000% diffrence between buy and sell

NO

I derive enjoyment from this game making money, amongst other things.   I'm not going to curtail that.  And when and if they do a complete wipe of all my assets I will do it again.  I will buy low, sell high, trade to my advantage, and stockpile gold till I don't feel like it anymore.

... and other folks start threads about "I am rank 10, XP are useless for me, I want a function to convert XP into gold" and get cheered for it by many user.

Is it so hard to think further than "me me me"?!

To see the global consequences for what people are asking for?

For the majority of gamers I guess it is an impossible task to think 10s ahead.

Me, me, me.  You got it.  I bought this game with my own money.  I will enjoy this game the way I like.  So yeah, it's about me.  See my response above here in this post.  Every player should play the way they want.  If it's about money, so be it.

When .... was the last time you got a GOLD upgrade for a sealed bottle wreck (Billy)?

Just curious.

Thanks,

-Yank/BvW

I just fished a gold studding sails off of a wreck last night however up to that point I didn't think bottles dropped gold upgrades anymore. 

craft your own ships, the price is high cuz labor time is expensive, labor time is expensive cuz economy can be reset anytime, labor hours = craft levels, levels and exp is said to not be reset again. so you turn money into exp, that way you get out ahead at release. rather a poor player now with high level crafting at release than a rich player now that loose all his gold at release. atleast thats how i am thinking. i craft all kinda class 5+ ships as much as i can and either sell them, give them away or breake them up for materials, doesn't really matter, what matters is that i get crafting experience ;-)

I think I'm just going to keep selling stuff thanks. Making a few million gold in a few days is incredibly easy, and ship prices are lower than the materials/notes needed to build them.  Think about that for a minute and you'll have a idea of how to make that money.

An exceptional frigate will cost u between 200k and 250k in capitals yet the notes alone will cost the crafter 400k-500k.

No, not at all. If you craft the notes yourself you can make still around 100k (?) if you sell a exc. frigate for 200k. No one is forcing the ship crafter to buy the overpriced notes. 

Notes don't give xp, take a rather long time to make and don't drop a BP, that is the reason they are sold so expensive, not because a single note is actually 500k worth.