Game-Labs Forum

The Small Battle Challenge! (pvp1)

Fellvred

And to people who might not know its GMT+1 what server time is.

No. Server time is GMT+0. Because server time does not follow daylight saving time. It's better to refer to it as UTC. (What would really be best would be if the whole world stopped with this stupid summer and winter time thing)

• Like 2

As you might know the two things I enjoy at the moment are skill based pvp and badly designed spreadsheets. As such next week I'm going to be trying a few changes to hopefully make the small battles feel a little less based on luck. Instead of having loads of points for a win  points will be dished out for each kill and assist as well as a small amount of points for joining and winning the battle. This should start pushing the better players towards the top end of the table.

It's also been hard for anyone who isn't joining 4-5 battles a week to have a chance of winning prize money so from next week the best 3 days for each captain will be added together to get their weekly total. This'll also allow us to add battles for Saturday/Sunday in the future without forcing ppl to join every day :)

This will hurt the chances of captains in smaller ships but I'm planning to increase the daily gold bonuses for lower ranked ppl so in the end they don't lose out.

Joining - 0.5

WIn - 1

Kill - 0.3

Assist - 0.2

I've added a 'testinput' tab on the sheet so you'll be able to see your daily scores and a 'test' tab to see your total points and prize money etc. Special thanks to Rautakoukku for most of the ideas and poking me in the right direction. Any feedback and other ideas more than welcome :)  Hoping to run a battle on Saturday to test it out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rjA62Hn1Atk4FgE0frxNuQbvS6QS1LdxeyCk9C07zB8/edit#gid=1306743362

• Like 1

the small battles are big fun for me like they are,but i still would like to find a way to have all shipclasses in the battle .

maybe we could give different points for each ship class ? i.e. : class 1 = 0 points ,class2 =2,class3=3points,class4=4points,class5=6points,class6=8 points,class7=10points :-)

so players in big ships must kill way more then players in small ships to get even points ...

ps :cant make it today c.u.next week

• Like 1

The only problem with having all ship class in small battles (while we're still having 14-18 ppl on some days) is the matchmaker can be messed up by groups of ppl with larger ships. If we're having 30+ ppl everyday this week we can certainly have a look at it - if that's what most ppl want. I like the idea re different points for classes etc, I'm trying to do something similar this week with joining bonuses for 5/6/7 rates (0.3 for 5th. 0.6 6th, 0.9 7th. Could also try a system where players could have a % of their points increased/decreased depending on their ship rate (or BR).

Unfortunately at the moment I need to be on for a couple hours of spamming in global just to get the numbers we have so any help advertising it in your national/clan channels would be massively appreciated, and then we can have another look at all classes for next week :)

Week 4 results top 10:

[VIE] balticsailor - 10.5

[VIE] DanneVirke - 10.4

Jeremiah Gunsmoke - 9.4

[VIE] Loens - 8.8

[VIE] Daniboy3000 - 8.6

[CAZA] Potemkin - 8.4

[ARSE] Stalwart Fury - 8.3

[KIN] Liquicity - 7.3

Sacrebleu - 7.1

[18BEK] Derzkly - 6.5

Top clans:

VIE - 29.7

ARSE - 16.1

KIN - 14.9

CAZA - 11.9

OCEAN - 10.7

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

If you haven't had your prize money yet (top 30) just contact me in game and I'll trade it over at the nearest free port, any unclaimed prizes after next weds will get put into next week's pot :)

• Like 1

Week 5 results - top 10:

[PODW] Ram Dinark

[VIE] DanneVirke

[VIE] balticsailor

[PODW] Jon Snow lets go

[PODW] Den Seven

[PODW] Karl Evertsen

Tartanta01

[RDNN] Anolytic

[VIE] Loens

[XIX] Cornelis Evertsen de Oude

Top Clans:

PODW 19.3

VIE 17.4

XIX 11.1

HRE 9.9

ARSE 8.5

RUBLI 4.5

ER 4.2

TDM 3.9

EDR 3.8

TCC 3.6

If you haven't had your prize money yet just contact me in game and I'll trade it over at the nearest free port, any unclaimed prizes after next weds will get put into next week's pot  :)

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

If anyone wants to donate, or even have your clan sponsor the next week for a bumper prize pool just let me know :)

I want my prize money to go back into the prize pool for next week.

Here's a video of tonight's event btw:

This was my best event battle so far, and I might have done even better if I hadn't gotten myself boarded like an idiot.

Top Clans:

PODW 19.3

VIE 17.4

XIX 11.1

HRE 9.9

ARSE 8.5

RUBLI 4.5

ER 4.2

TDM 3.9

EDR 3.8

TCC 3.6

How are the clans ranked? Does there need to be a certain number of captains from a clan participating to be counted? I don't see RDNN there.

Nvm I just read the OP again. But why can't the highest ranked 2 players of a clan be counted if only 2 players from a clan participated? RDNN would be 6th.

Also, the "highest ranked new player" category is a bit unclear.

I want my prize money to go back into the prize pool for next week.

How are the clans ranked? Does there need to be a certain number of captains from a clan participating to be counted? I don't see RDNN there.

Nvm I just read the OP again. But why can't the highest ranked 2 players of a clan be counted if only 2 players from a clan participated? RDNN would be 6th.

Also, the "highest ranked new player" category is a bit unclear.

Thanks!

Clans with just 2 people in the list usually are counted I was just being a bit lazy tonight :)   Should have a bit more time to do them all next week. The highest ranked new player category was agreed between the donating player and me so it'd help out a player who'd use the ship most, will try to set some targets/rules for future categories etc.

• Like 1

Week 6 results top 10:

[RUBLI] Moscalb

[VIE] Loens 

[VIE] balticsailor 

Jeremiah Gunsmoke

[RDNN] Koldthorn

[PODW] Den Seven

[RDNN] Anolytic

Tartanta01

[VIE] Daniboy3000

[PODW] Ram Dinark

[PODW] Jon Snow lets go

Top clans:

VIE

PODW

RDNN

DKF

HRE

If you haven't had your prize money yet (top 33) just contact me in game and I'll trade it over at the nearest free port, any unclaimed prizes after next weds will get put into next week's pot. If you want to donate your prizes/anything else to the prize pool for next week just let me know :)

Next week's prize pool will include a special Santa Cecilia for each of the top 5 players donated by our dev overlords :)

• Like 1

Week 7 results

Top 10:

[PODW] Jon Snow lets go

Jeremiah Gunsmoke

[RUBLI] Warinof

[RDNN] Hammerhaj 

[RUBLI] Taras

[VIE] balticsailor

[PODW] Ram Dinark

[RUBLI] Moscalb 

[RUBLI] Xemko

[bIA] Caramon Mayer

Top clans:

RUBLI 11.3

PODW 10.5

VIE 7.2

BIA 7.2

RDNN 4.9

• Like 1

Hi all,  as the numbers have been massively down over the last two weeks and I won't have quite as much free time coming up, I'm going to be putting the challenge on hold for a couple of weeks. Spamming national, global and allied channels for 3 hours and only getting 14 turn up out of 500 online is pretty unsustainable - and this was with no real port battles going on.

As we get closer to a possible ship wipe/get a few more people interested I'll be happy to restart it :)

• Like 1