Game-Labs Forum

Alliances - final design

They are given the chance to fight for it. Whether they will or not, they have the choice, the decision is in their hands, is called democracy.

All that remains is the ruins of a dictatorship. :)

Actually there is validity in your original point.

The clanless should also have a vote, but they are to remain anonymous then else the ballot result will become an unreadable list.

Don´t want to win a bloody seat in a council. Pirates are elected by their man based on their

fame (crew goes wherever they expect best treatment / money). After the loot is split, I need

to convince swashbuckler to go with me. Their are no "careers" or contracts.

Problem with pirate "fame" is, there is no such thing. Max. exp. and that´s it.

There is no link to my actions. If I run missions or do PvP = same.

At least the "pirate perk" could be gained only by succesful PvP.

------

At pirates, something is reflected in the existing clan structures. As I don´t put any effort into it,

(have no intention to lead a clan (no time), I don´t lead anything but one ship consequently.

The others who do, have followers. They go with Lord V., as he is promising something.

No need to change. They go with RUBLI, for some reasons + they understand the language.

Pirate affairs as a nation? I don´t want to discuss this topic.

Skip the patch and talk about the future after it..

Edited by Wilson09

Privateering is already in, it has nothing to do with pirates. hate pirates trying milk it. Privateering means you work for that nation not allied as in when I fly US flag and raid a french trade ship take his shit while at war that is privatering, hiring a pirate to do it is not privateering unless you join the US nation, even with you being a merc you have to fly the US flag, otherwise its under the table unofficial which we can do with out voting. Already seen GB players work with pirates to attack US. Pirates are not suppose to ally, they are pirates all nations don't like pirates privateers yes, but yet again you are carring US flag and under EMPLOYEE of that nation not an ally. No nation would officially ally with a pirate minus a privateer contract which is doesn't make you an ally it makes you an employee of that government. Also privateering means you give that nation a cut, you an offical employee, I don't think pirates want to pay nations a 40% cut or something like that of their hauls

Pirates way too much power as is on US pvp server, they got the most players, are forcing US to rage quite or convert, and they pvp before sunrise in the US to take critical ports that would normally be defended to the last man. I mean every day I wake up at 6am I see more key ports near capitals got seiged when the player pop was less then 60 players at that time, meaning when it got seiged there was like 40 over 20 pirates who took the port with extreme ease. Pirates are exploiting the hell out of the system right now, they do not need alliances when they make up over half the active population, and already use every single trick they can get, and work out unofficial deals with other nations all the time.

I can't wait to see this system with any luck we can see people actually getting more organized pirates were never this powerful and their reign was very very short lived, in reality they not liked by any nation, and the days of Privateering contracts was rather short part of their history, in fact it predates them the best pirates tended to be privateers that got fired or turned on their own contracted nation. I don't think pirates realize this its not Pirates of the Caribbean while were some great pirates only one ship of the line was ever stolen and kept and the ran it aground and lost it. They couldn't afford to take a big ship out because they were hunted so bad it was worthless since they couldn't run in it and would have been out gunned and crewed if they chose to fight a nation with it.

Now if we could try and balance the pop let pirates rejoin real nations some how make them grind for it put like a one month timer on faction swapping and maybe we can fix pvp one with out doing a soft wipe...

Edited by Zalzany

Privateering is already in, it has nothing to do with pirates. hate pirates trying milk it. Privateering means you work for that nation not allied as in when I fly US flag and raid a french trade ship take his shit while at war that is privatering, hiring a pirate to do it is not privateering unless you join the US nation, even with you being a merc you have to fly the US flag, otherwise its under the table unofficial which we can do with out voting. Already seen GB players work with pirates to attack US. Pirates are not suppose to ally, they are pirates all nations don't like pirates privateers yes, but yet again you are carring US flag and under EMPLOYEE of that nation not an ally. No nation would officially ally with a pirate minus a privateer contract which is doesn't make you an ally it makes you an employee of that government. Also privateering means you give that nation a cut, you an offical employee, I don't think pirates want to pay nations a 40% cut or something like that of their hauls

Pirates way too much power as is on US pvp server, they got the most players, are forcing US to rage quite or convert, and they pvp before sunrise in the US to take critical ports that would normally be defended to the last man. I mean every day I wake up at 6am I see more key ports near capitals got seiged when the player pop was less then 60 players at that time, meaning when it got seiged there was like 40 over 20 pirates who took the port with extreme ease. Pirates are exploiting the hell out of the system right now, they do not need alliances when they make up over half the active population, and already use every single trick they can get, and work out unofficial deals with other nations all the time.

I can't wait to see this system with any luck we can see people actually getting more organized pirates were never this powerful and their reign was very very short lived, in reality they not liked by any nation, and the days of Privateering contracts was rather short part of their history, in fact it predates them the best pirates tended to be privateers that got fired or turned on their own contracted nation. I don't think pirates realize this its not Pirates of the Caribbean while were some great pirates only one ship of the line was ever stolen and kept and the ran it aground and lost it. They couldn't afford to take a big ship out because they were hunted so bad it was worthless since they couldn't run in it and would have been out gunned and crewed if they chose to fight a nation with it.

Now if we could try and balance the pop let pirates rejoin real nations some how make them grind for it put like a one month timer on faction swapping and maybe we can fix pvp one with out doing a soft wipe...

Anyone who starts his tear filled rants with i hate pirates waaa pirates not fair waaaa pirates are lazy waaa has zero credibility in my eyes and hopefully in the eyes of people in development.

If you're gonna try and make a statement try not making it a hate filled crocodile tear post. Ive seen your hour long rants in global so often ive had to put you on ignore (sad) so im pretty sure youre comming at this from a bias pov.

There is a DEFINITE problem with the US in pvp2 but its not the game or anything the game can fix. Try asking the dozens of your ex bros who are now infesting my faction.

Just watching how most of you act on global makes me wonder how anyone could stay in the US.

I really hope the dev and mods ( if any play on pvp2) take these things into consideration.

I haven't been able to make it through the entirety of the 19 pages of comments, however I have seen a few posts that I wholeheartedly agree with. Namely that the existence of two states of political relations (war + peace) is insufficient to reflect the nuances of diplomacy required.

While the direction of the patch has great appeal to me and I see it's merits, the lack of a third "neutral" state of diplomatic relationship is problematic for a number of reasons. 

1. Direction of movement: If an Alliance can only be between 1 (or 2?) nations and the natural "resting state" of relations is war, that leaves open all directions to attack (barring one or two). Something large open world games struggle with (I'm going to use Planetside as an example) is direction of movement. You want to channel the efforts of the Nation so that they feel like a "team" to a select number of channels so that efforts one place aren't easily negated everywhere else (the importance of this grows exponentially the lower the server pop). "Only a fool fights a war on two fronts" and "only the heir to the kingdom of fools fights a war on 5 or 6."

2. A time for every purpose: The time in which it takes a nation to make an Alliance is estimated at 1-2 weeks of voting. In a naturally warring state that means 1-2 weeks of potential missteps by members of that nation which may swing voting. If GB and VP are in negotiations to make an Alliance, all it could take is a single clan who isn't interested in following the majority to then attack a VP port and suddenly negotiations are set back. This is something that was encountered by myself and others with the current state (warring) when attempting to negotiate political agreements - and they only lasted 24 hours! When the minority can affect the majority like that this, the diplomatic system and voting is rendered useless. 

3. Conversation: Currently we have Global Chat as a means of talking to other nations however all conversation is view-able by everyone. We can engage with specific leaders of clans if we can identify them, however organizing 1 nation to vote for an Ally let alone 2 nations to vote for the same allies is going to be exceedingly difficult with a resting state of war (as outlined above). A Neutral diplomatic position could enable access to a new chat option which could let a conversation occur between specific nations in an effort to secure votes (lobbying their voters) to secure an Alliance. 

I believe that this Diplomacy patch is a step in the right direction and I look forward to further development!

• Like 1

1. We did not set the timers. We stayed up late and dedicated and a force of 12 people not 20 took the ports. You guys set the timers so we couldnt get them. So we changed tactics. Learn to play and evolve. 

2. US has the largest player pop. We are just better organised. Have you ever noticed the names who come to PB's usually the same hardcore bunch. Check that link all our battles are 2-1 outnumbered. I have numerous screenshots like that I can supply.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015504090/screenshot/269471959147541784

3. Stop crying nerf bat.

4. Look at your own nations politics why people leave.

5. When Pirates had one port you never saw one Pirate complain about a nerf.

6. US had 160+ plus at one stage no other nation cried that US was OP. You lose 50+ ports in 4 days and the game is broken.

7. Teamwork you should try it.

8. Saying exploit without facts, or screenshots its just plain dumb. We are playing in the game mechanics.

9. When we do a regional US rocks up with connies. Why I dont know. Carebear attitude maybe.

10. All Pirate ports are set at 00-02, so that you guys cant blame us for setting timers when everyone is asleep.

Edited by Loco Bandito
  • Like 2

This is like the third or fourth post of tears today since the onslaught started on the US.

If we were lets say Dutch would you be saying to the devs oh no Dutch OP hit them with a nerf bat.

Nope if it was anyone else it would be ok. They simply hate us because of the color of our flag. #blackflagsmatter

• Like 1

This is like the third or fourth post of tears today since the onslaught started on the US.

If we were lets say Dutch would you be saying to the devs oh no Dutch OP hit them with a nerf bat.

If most of your players had gone Dutch, they wouldn't have been able to keep all of their assets.   The current system favors those who choose the easy way out.  The pirate mechanic is broken, and I'm done until it's resolved.

Edited by oldcrankyman
  • Like 1

If most of your players had gone Dutch, they wouldn't have been able to keep all of their assets.   The current system favors those who choose the easy way out.  The pirate mechanic is broken, and I'm done until it's resolved.

So they keep their blueprints? That makes them OP? I have spare blueprints on me for at least 2 characters for when ever needed. Am I OP?

Don´t want to win a bloody seat in a council. Pirates are elected by their man based on their

fame (crew goes wherever they expect best treatment / money). After the loot is split, I need

to convince swashbuckler to go with me. Their are no "careers" or contracts.

The fame of a pirate could be related to the price on his head

The fame of a pirate could be related to the price on his head

The fame of a pirate, or infamy, resides on amount of prizes taken. Can be by ships or by cargo value.

Bring me one single bounty to be payed to anyone by hunting pirates down :) It is wild west propaganda, not even remotely related to age of sail.

Maynard didn't receive a single dime for hunting down Edward.

( oh and his ships had no guns as well, was full boarding action on his part )

So far we have had little need for the game to track who we like or dislike within Pirates. Even when we encountered other Nation Clans.

It's actually funny to listen to the discussion over TS whether the ship spotted is hostile, friendly or neutral. Then after a 10 minute debate finally deciding it is indeed hostile and we have the forces to attack, to simply find that ship long gone and another ship approaching. Until left flank scout and right flank scout have had enough of the horsesh*t and decide to attack different targets... :P