Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] Spain Defence against USA agression

Celtiberofrog

Well, when you surrender? I still trying know how bath work. Last weekend i capture a yellow conie to my dear mr vernon, but he scape, so i lost my oportunity to know to bath. XD

Even though the translation is lost a little, the meaning carries well. Good to see you back Alado  :D

Edited by Stephen_Decatur

Dear gentlemen,

After the USA pefidious attack on CayoVacas a few days ago that started the war between Spain & USA, borders were preserved from any further attacks from both sides. Spain was showing a will to settle the conflict by a non-agression attitude and was indeed hoping to witness the same will from USA.

USA has sadly decided to attack again our borders by trying to take Islamorada yesturday (by 16-18h server time). The 24 ships who attacked were utterly defeated and sunk for most of them.

Spain is now convinced that USA is not looking for peace with its spanish neighbourg.

War will carry on as they wish.

The United States has clearly stated it's intentions and goals. We intend to retake the West Coast of Florida and the ports of the Florida Keys that were taken from us by the Pirates.

Before the nation of Spain says "Oh those were pirates" let us think of history. During the Second World War, Nazi Germany ceded most of central and southern France to a nation named Vichy France. Vichy France was independent and sovereign, but it was surrounded by Germany, and, through it's alliance, it was bound to Germany's will.

Now, let us consider how the Allied faction treated Vichy? Did they make any distinction between Vichy France and Germany? Is there really any distinction to be made? No. Vichy France was still part of the alliance block of Germany, still part of the Axis nations, and thus they were still the enemy of the Allies.

If we also look at history, we see that Germany re-annexed Vichy France when they stopped obeying their commands. I fear the same may soon happen to Spain.

As in World War II, the allied faction on this game is suffering in this the beginning of the war. However, once we rally, and once we rebuild, we will push back our foes in the name of Freedom, and we will win. History is written by the victors; it is now Spain's chance to join those victors and enter the annals of history.

Edited by EricKilla

a nation named Vichy France.

orly?

let me guess... you learned history in US school, right?

no offence btw. just fyi, history is very different in every country - it really depends, mate.

Edited by dumpert

The United States has clearly stated it's intentions and goals. We intend to retake the West Coast of Florida and the ports of the Florida Keys that were taken from us by the Pirates.

Before the nation of Spain says "Oh those were pirates" let us think of history. During the Second World War, Nazi Germany ceded most of central and southern France to a nation named Vichy France. Vichy France was independent and sovereign, but it was surrounded by Germany, and, through it's alliance, it was bound to Germany's will.

Now, let us consider how the Allied faction treated Vichy? Did they make any distinction between Vichy France and Germany? Is there really any distinction to be made? No. Vichy France was still part of the alliance block of Germany, still part of the Axis nations, and thus they were still the enemy of the Allies.

If we also look at history, we see that Germany re-annexed Vichy France when they stopped obeying their commands. I fear the same may soon happen to Spain.

As in World War II, the allied faction on this game is suffering in this the beginning of the war. However, once we rally, and once we rebuild, we will push back our foes in the name of Freedom, and we will win. History is written by the victors; it is now Spain's chance to join those victors and enter the annals of history.

Clearly, sir, you don´t know much about history, or like to bend historic facts to your own convenience, a manipulation so often used by aggressors to justify their acts.

Vichy France was what was left of France after Germany´s Invasion. Germany did not ceded anything. France was defeated militarily and occupied under the boots of the German invaders. Something that may have happened to Spain if you had been able to fulfil your empty threats to reduce us to one port. You were the expansionist aggressors which tried to submit Spain, and not the Pirates.

Your so called "allied faction" is neither allied (where are your British friends now?), nor a faction. Please, do not insult our intelligence with your empty propaganda, nobody is buying it. You are not the good guys, get over it. Spain is only defending itself in the face of much more powerful enemies.

If you want to make a comparison with WW2, I would say that Spain is like England, small, isolated and surrounded by enemies, and is forced to seek the help of a bigger nation in order to survive, so the Pirates would be like the US in this analogy. Funny how can you manipulate history uh?

Yours sincerely.

Don Sancho Navarro, Capitán de Bandera

Edited by Don Sancho Navarro
  • Like 1

Clearly, sir, you don´t know much about history, or like to bend historic facts to your own convenience, a manipulation so often used by aggressors to justify their acts.

Vichy France was what was left of France after Germany´s Invasion. Germany did not ceded anything. France was defeated militarily and occupied under the boots of the German invaders. Something that may have happened to Spain if you had been able to fulfil your empty threats to reduce us to one port. You were the expansionist aggressors which tried to submit Spain, and not the Pirates. You are the Nazis of this story, mate.

Your so called "allied faction" is neither allied (where are your British friends now?), nor a faction. Please, do not insult our intelligence with your empty anglo-saxon propaganda, nobody is buying it. You are not the good guys, get over it. Spain is only defending itself in the face of much more powerful enemies.

If you want to make a comparison with WW2, I would say that Spain is like England, small, isolated and surrounded by enemies, and is forced to seek the help of a bigger nation in order to survive, so the Pirates would be like the US in this analogy. Funny how can you manipulate history uh?

Yours sincerely.

Don Sancho Navarro, Capitán de Navío

Comparing Spain to Britain in WWII is like saying that Britain invaded Sweden during WWII. We were friendly with you, content to leave you alone, honor our agreements, and were even seeking the possibility of an alliance with you. Yes, some of our rogue clans were attacking you with the British, but again, they were rogue clans, just like your RAE. We could have helped mediate a peace between Britain and you, but no, you had to back-stab us.

At this stage, you're right. We are aggressors. We mean to take back our homeland. If this was a Paradox Interactive game such as Europa Universalis IV, the west coast of Florida would be labeled as US cores. We merely wish to recapture our core provinces and restore ourselves to a functional state. At this stage we still consider our territorial agreement active; we will continue to uphold it.

If you must know what we are fighting for, we are fighting to push back the pirates and try to stem the hemorrhage of players in this game by equalizing the playing field between the alliance blocks. People are quitting the game every day because they're tired of the "overpowered pirates sweeping everything". That is why I fight; to try and make this game a more fun experience for all.

Edited by EricKilla
  • Like 1

and cut the Nazi crap. It is not an expelative to be used.

I agree historical references are going out of control... but all of them, that one is not less/more harmful from others that are being used. So, please, dont over react, he is just saying you are the aggressors, nothing else.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar
  • Like 1

I agree historical references are going out of control... but all of them, that one is not less/more harmful from others that are being used. So, please, dont over react.

Not over reacting :) just requesting. Especially to keep to 18th century historical credibility.

( and yes, nazi punks fuck off )

• Like 2

and cut the Nazi crap. It is not an expelative to be used.

Carry on.

BTW if a freebooter attacks and prizes a spanish trader and no one sees it, did it really happen ?

You are right. I used it in the historical, not ideological sense, but can be misinterpreted. I´m editing the post. Thank you for the comment.

• Like 1

Out of diplomatic context :

Stephen, in case you really recorded our first (and possibly last) conversation, please do post it in this topic as you has threatened to do, no problem with that. But to be honest, recording a conversation is reflecting a kind of twisted mind.

Eric, real life historical references are totaly out of context as well as "labeled" territories. The game map is constantly changing, ports are green, then black & then yellow colors that's all. Now you want some ports to go back to green ? we will fight for that change.

I guess any agreements, alliances or war declarations must be clearly stated & written publicaly in order to involve the whole faction and/or clans being part of it. Rogue clans actions & unofficial agreement are messing about communications, so let's be as clear as possible through written statements.     

Last, instead of childish provocations such as "gentle-ladies", you'd better designate a diplomat with whom I could discuss politely on TS. It might avoid most of those above post that are funny but not really helpful.    

• Like 2

Out of diplomatic context :

Stephen, in case you really recorded our first (and possibly last) conversation, please do post it in this topic as you has threatened to do, no problem with that. But to be honest, recording a conversation is reflecting a kind of twisted mind.

Eric, real life historical references are totaly out of context as well as "labeled" territories. The game map is constantly changing, ports are green, then black & then yellow colors that's all. Now you want some ports to go back to green ? we will fight for that change.

I guess any agreements, alliances or war declarations must be clearly stated & written publicaly in order to involve the whole faction and/or clans being part of it. Rogue clans actions & unofficial agreement are messing about communications, so let's be as clear as possible through written statements.

Last, instead of childish provocations such as "gentle-ladies", you'd better designate a diplomat with whom I could discuss politely on TS. It might avoid most of those above post that are funny but not really helpful.

Role playing and shitposting aside, I'll give you my team speak info when I get home.

Funny becouse this is what happened to usa and brit,  you are brit vichy

I'm sorry but you got it all wrong....so many wrong facts, you should reread some of your history lessons!

- Germany never ceded anything to anyone...it was already France

- There was never a nation called Vichy France...only France

- No alliance ever existed during WWII between France and Germany

- France was never part of the Axis

- France was the ennemy of the allies? look at who signed at the bottom of the German Instrument of surrender:...France

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/German_instrument_of_surrender2.jpg

pls when you're making a point, get your facts straight! and don't bring us into it!

Edited by Tenakha Kan