Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.71

admin

What to do in the game now? The obvious answer here is to improve your skills until you realize that this statement is false.

I will, but not with the current setup! Give the AI the same abilities that I have and I'm in!

• Like 3

there are no bonuses to ai - they use the same cannons as you

the glaring bugs in their shooting were fixed

+ they shoot into water less than before

+ they stay closer and shoot less at ricocheting angles 

Observations from my game play 4/13/16:

The new accuracy of the ai is far better than me and every other player I have ever fought especially at extreme range. I was being fired on yesterday by an ai that was too far away for me to target (with longs), with any degree of accuracy with my guns at full elevation. Meanwhile he was firing single shots and hitting my stern with every shot, I checked the shot log and determined that thru-out the battle the ai accuracy was greater than 80%. The only time they seem to miss now is if you are maneuvering sharply while they are firing at medium to close range .

I also noticed that my targeting was way off whereas prior to the patch if I was aiming at a target at a certain distance I may allow a slight bit daylight between my sight and the ships rail to score an effective hit now at that same distance my aim has to be altered to like to his yard or somewhere in between to score a hit (I hope that made sense). I would like to test this more but my PC is down. However after almost 1800 hours playing this game accurate aiming has become second nature to me and It was rather stunning to me how many of my shots were falling way short, I am pretty certain the players gun trajectories have been either intentionally or unintentionally skewed.

I had no problem with ramming yesterday.

The damage issue leaking and so forth seems like it's just been dialed back to an earlier time, although it's hard to tell if it's more or less than it used to be given the number of hit's being received.

I have an outpost in an area on the PVE server that is usually overcrowded with Npc's however by the end of the day yesterday the sea was empty. I sailed for 40 min at around 0300 server time and saw no Npc's, None! This is highly unusual for this area.

Also a question/concern: "known BP's will no longer drop" Does this mean that if you already have a BP for a certain ship on one server that it is now "known" and will not drop on a different server? or is "known" unique to each server?

Overall this patch has many aspects that are potentially very good (land in battles awesome!), however you may have flown too close to the sun on this one, radical changes to PVE battle mechanics may not have been an appropriate thing to include with so much else like the controversial BR/anti-ganking mechanics. That being said Godspeed & keep fighting the good fight!

• Like 1

in the last few days have been unable to see my clan mate - so we are unable to do missions together - and now have just been promoted from post captain to commodore

what is going on

Read the patch notes :)

The required xp for each rank was reduced, effectively giving most players a promotion.

Aye nice fixes!

Don't surpose you've fixed 'ALL' chat in battle yet?  I want to act all piratey as my foe runs in fear.

Fixed? I assumed it was removed because of all the idiots talking crap in it the whole time. It should stay removed if you ask me. It was like a breath of fresh air having a battle yesterday without all the retard spam.

Did a Commodore fleet mission with 3 other players.

It was 6vs6 (we had two AI)

They outweighed us.

We sank them all.

We lost two players and both AIs

The remaining two players were beat to heck.

But the game was awesome.

We used tactics, focus fire and shared our HP.

And we got tons of Xp and gold.

It sure beats sailing in a straight line and out DPMing a dumb AI.

Good job Devs

John Bernard Shaw Cable

PVP2

British Faction

Barrets Privateers

• Like 5

Mates, this issue is real. The AI has walked off the long plank! Took out my standard cutter and engaged a AI cutter... Hyper flooding took over after his first broadside and he wiped out half my health and crew! The AI is now completely unbalanced and frankly not

Fun to play as of this moment. Just last week the AI seemed fine, was able to win some and lose some, but now...my god I can't even beat a cutter with my navy brig! Simple

Fact is somthing went wrong here with the latest patch and/or hotfix in regards to AI balancing. I hope the dev team takes a look at this because as of now, unless you are rolling in a super frigate or 74 or with a fleet... You are fish food mates.

• Like 4

Are you serious? What i have seen so far ( a few fleet battles with friends ) Ships of the same class or below are easy to beat and sunk, if they are outnumber you its much harder and thats the way it should be. You are sailing the same ships like your opponents, for what reason should it be much more better than theirs? We didnt have had any problem yesterday by doing Fleet missions on our level of Ships Devil with Bellonas and Pavels and against Pavels and Bellonas. It was much more fun because the ai is not fleeing all the time and there was a real battle dynamic.

But i really like to see that friendly AI should be not automaticaly placed in the Battle. If the players want it easier they should be able to call them like reinforcement but they should not be placed at start to have a option to use them or not and if you not use them you should get a bonus

Yes mate...he is serious.  Look we are not talking fleet engagements here, we are talking 1v1 with AI Ships that have somehow been given the powers of Zeus.  I myself felt the wrath of the AI this morning when I could not even take a standard AI cutter with my Navy Brig.  After one broadside from the cutter, hyper flooding started, I hit back with a broadside of my own (all nine cannons hit) and did not even make a DENT in the AI cutter! I had to withdraw from the fight because these "new and improved" AI ships are now floating tanks...with sails.  Watch out mates...there be Beasties about...you better hold fast with them AI ships...lol

• Like 5

Hi

I like almost everything so far from your last patch, this is awesome, good works guys.

But dont you think AI should not been changed for the water shooting. We dont ask for perfect AI captn. My point is, if I shot sometime in water due to wave, winds, angle, etc.. well the AI should also have some flaw... depending on their rank.. a master commander, ok that is fair... a lower ranking officer should be less flawless with aiming and other aspect of shooting. Well this is my opinion.  Sometime i feel the AI is just too perfect with their shooting, aiming perfectly at us all the time, I think you should change that a bit.

I like the new behavior tho, they are better and not trying to escape all the time.

I think conquest system should be rework completely, taking off flags and capture window for something better. There was apost about a player with some ideas about how Town could have morals and players action could modify them, and misisons could be related to this, i found that very clever. I would love you guys explore a similar idea. I hope you readed his post.

ceya, and good job

Edited by Skippy
  • Like 2

What about AI shooting and damage (it looks like they are using heavier pounders)?

Yes! this is something that i agree was too easy before 9.7 but now I could be in a Trinc and lose to a snow due to that fact it has 90% hit rate and their cannons(however lighter and smaller) penetrate further and do more damage then mine do. I am incredibly happy and honestly you had a hotfix so soon after the release but if you could continue your great efforts and fix this, i would,no no, We would greatly appreciate it! :)

• Like 4

Well if we are all noticing it, you have to admit there has got to be something off here. are you implying we are all imagining this imbalance? AI Accuracy is clearly impossible. i thought this was to be realistic. they don't ever miss. regardless of weather,angle or distance. maybe 3 cannon balls missed my ship yesterday(not kidding). Penetration is way stronger then before the patch. I am and others have documented damage on both sides of our ships when hit. Please listen to us. We are fans of the game and the developers work. We understand this is still in testing but we urge them to take our advice here and fix this issue. Thanks! You are doing a great job!

• Like 4

They outweighed us.

We sank them all.

Good job Devs

John Bernard Shaw Cable

PVP2

British Faction

Barrets Privateers

Agreed 100%.  It is not fun beating up on AI - 2 players vs. 7 AI.

Good jobs Devs.

• Like 1

Guys, if you think you are seeing strange damage outputs in battle, why aren't you taking screenshots?

Devs can't take unsupported anecdotes as serious evidence of a problem.

Last night I took my Niagara out against a Merc. We both mounted 6-pdrs and I sank it, but without much armor remaining. Seems pretty normal to me.

oh i am! I have sent them maybe 3 reports i think. 

Before the patch I boarded an AI 3rd rate. To my great surprise it had grape loaded in its starboard guns and balls in it's larboard guns.

Now try again and tell me the AI has the same abilities players have.

Let alone that an AI Victory can still out run my speed optimized Bellona....(fir, golden speed, mc copperplate....)

Sorry, but I just don't buy this "the AI has the same ships, cannons..." etc stuff anymore.

• Like 4

They outweighed us.

We sank them all.

Good job Devs

John Bernard Shaw Cable

PVP2

British Faction

Barrets Privateers

I for one heartily approve of AI opponents who do not suck.

• Like 3

Sailed from Havana - Tumbado - Bensalem - Bonacca last night.

Saw very very few AI traders, and none or very few with contraband.

Was difficult/time consuming to test land in battles as I was sailing solo in a Basic Cutter... was difficult to find something I could attack, as most of the AI fleets were the SOL squadrons and other things that either I couldn't attack, or which would sink we almost immediately.

Global chat was brimming with reports of same. Should be easy to prove via a review of logs.

Other than that... loving this patch on the balance. AI are a real challenge for me now, but I will adapt.

Really love the way you can spawn right next to enemy in battle, based on OW position.

Love the duel room too.

Thanks devs!

Edited by surfimp
  • Like 3

I read the patchnotes yesterday, downloaded the patch later and went online for a short game. It was unbelievable - I was almost sunk by a cerberus while steering my exceptional Surpise!!

So I have to agree with a lot of the writers before me, that the AI "upgrade" was over the top! Before you could beat ships equal to yourself and inerior ones, and you had a real changellange if the were bigger. Now, you must be happy if you do not pay more for repair than you earned while fighthing a ship one step below yourself.

So I really would like this to be a litle more like before!!!!

In addition, I am a little sad too, that you cannot keep captured combat vessels anymore. The were only "grey" and had only one life, but it was fun tho capruture and "test" ships you would normally not buy for youself. Imho it also takes away some realysm from the game!!!

Don't get me wrong so, I love this game and think the Devs doing a fantastic job, but it seems the majority insn't that happy with the AI changes, so I hope, there is way back!

Thanks Devs for the good work and an amazing game!!!

• Like 3

they said there wasnt anything wrong with the leaks and there werewrong and  i feel they are wrong about the damage also 

please recheck your formulas cause after the patch we are taking much more damage than we used to even though the ai uses the same guns it seems they do about double the damage 

maybe it is the hit % is so high maybe they needs to be lower but something has changes these battle do not seem like wood ship battles but like ww2 battles 

a wood ship was very hard to sink period and it should be that way in game

Edited by Atomic Moose
  • Like 4