Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.7 - Land sighted

admin

Ive never captured a single ship ingame.

I buy all my stuff or have some lent to me from my very good clan friends. But at least 90% of them are bought and all of them are grey/common/fine. Low quality ships are not that bad guys, I think players have enjoyed the luxury of exceptional ships for far too long.

I only have only owned 5 exceptional ships.  yacht (redeemed), Niagra (redeemed), Surprise (Purchased), snow (Given by clany), Lynx (Crafted by myself pre crafting changes.)

I mostly sail capped poop grey with no upgrades.   I suppose i missing your point.  Can you please elaborate.

• Like 1

Ship BPs are NOT a commodity. And I am 100% sure they are not intended as one. That is a non-issue - you can make more money trading the commodity called crafting note instead.

No you can't. The hours required vs the xp given per note isn't worth it if you do any sort of crafting. It's basic math. 250 != 1.

Omg 1,5x  BR sounds good in first , but if you have a closer look you will be doomed with a big ship...

Scenario you and a friends are doingh missions in bigger ships, a fast frigate will tag you and no one is able to help you and you will be killed because a frigate will win every 1vs1 vs a SOL camping your stern.

I dont like this change. Its pretty nasty if a group of players gank you but how often does it happens?

Please change it at least for the defenders, if you want to help a friend you dont have to wait outside until he got sunk by a smaller much more agile vessel... Better remove it completly because it destroys also strategic battles abilitys

Edited by Mored
  • Like 1

PvP1. Sold cargo as well and smuggled carriages to the dutch side in exchange for two new ships, brand new Lynx and Privateer.

Yesterday did bounce 4 combats that combined might have been close to 200k. One of them was pretty spectacular in the end with Stephen Decatur.

Lost 1 Essex durability during the evening.

Sold cargo, smuggled things.  Econ.  Fail to see the point.

Essex battle 200k.  200 BR ship.

Please see largest boat owned is player capture frigate. 

Bigger boats make more money.

Let us cap up to frigate from NPCs

Scenario you and a friends are doingh missions in bigger ships, a fast frigate will tag you and no one is able to help you and you will be killed because a frigate will win every 1vs1 vs a SOL camping your stern.

Only if you're not any good at sailhandling.

No you can't. The hours required vs the xp given per note isn't worth it if you do any sort of crafting. It's basic math. 250 != 1.

He is talking about trading them. You make a lot of gold with selling crafting notes. If you are not into crafting ships, but still crafting lvl 15 and have a silver mine, your good.

• Like 1

• Known blueprints no longer drop for the crafter

Why? You want a more player driven economy but you purposely sabotage that economy. It makes no sense at all. Where is the choice in the game anymore? So someone who just wants to craft to get blueprints to sell them can't do that anymore? I've got a couple friends who do this and know many more who do this as well. They don't want to be a crafter, they just craft certain ships for certain blueprints to sell them to other players. But they can't do that anymore. Sounds rather redundant.

Known Blueprints...

To my understanding that means you can craft ships to farm BPs and will be able to get a couple of them  if you do not learn them. So the real difference is that they have to specialize on certain BPs if they wann sell them.

Omg 1,5x  BR sounds good in first , but if you have a closer look you will be doomed with a big ship...

I dont like this change. Its pretty nasty if a group of players gank you but how often does it happens?

Please change it at least for the defenders, if you want to help a friend you dont have to wait outside until he got sunk by a smaller much more agile vessel...

If your group can't keep station with you in the giant battle circle radius, and you're bad enough at manual sails to let a frigate camp your stern, I'm sorry but you had that hard lesson coming.

• Like 2

I only have only owned 5 exceptional ships.  yacht (redeemed), Niagra (redeemed), Surprise (Purchased), snow (Given by clany), Lynx (Crafted by myself pre crafting changes.)

I mostly sail capped poop grey with no upgrades.   I suppose i missing your point.  Can you please elaborate.

I do not fear sailing and losing grey ships in pvp or common or fine. I can understand exceptional ships but as I said in my previous post I think people have learned to love them too much. I feel those less successful pvp players only fear losing their ship because they're using high quality ones. But anyone can afford to lose a low quality ship. They practically come in bulk. B)

• Like 3

Attacks in the protected areas are now prohibited by design (even on NPCs) to avoid pulling your fleets into battles by hidden alts or by mistakes

Just a quick question, does that include attacks on enemies, for example a Spanish attacking a U.S. player who is sailing by the Spanish capital?

• Like 2

I do not fear sailing and losing grey ships in pvp or common or fine. I can understand exceptional ships but as I said in my previous post I think people have learned to love them too much. I feel those less successful pvp players only fear losing their ship because they're using high quality ones. But anyone can afford to lose a low quality ship. They practically come in bulk. B)

Fair point.

I suppose we will test. 

Please don not mix up the argument. My original response was to someone complaining that the BP drop change prevents him from making MONEY using labour hours. I showed a simple solution. Crafting XP has nothing to do with this argument. You are introducing a random variable.

Please don not mix up the argument. My original response was to someone complaining that the BP drop change prevents him from making MONEY using labour hours. I showed a simple solution. Crafting XP has nothing to do with this argument. You are introducing a random variable.

Not really. I am craft level 50. I have learned all the BP's and have been making money by selling blueprints to other people when I am not making ships. Now that portion of the player driven economy is gone. Now I have less of a choice in making money when it comes to crafting. All I can do now is waste labor points on crafting notes or continue crafting ships, which some can take days to make if I don't have the resources on hand. I was making more gold on BP's and helping others out at the same time. See the issue here?

If your group can't keep station with you in the giant battle circle radius, and you're bad enough at manual sails to let a frigate camp your stern, I'm sorry but you had that hard lesson coming.

Guess you understand it wrong, it was just an example and yeah you must be really bad if you cant stern camp a SOL with a frigate. But for me it will be fine, speed renommees becomes more and more powerful with that, i dont like that, even if i get the most benefits of it, we just captured yesterday 6 connies, 4 trincos and a pavel with the renommees. it has a small BR and now we dont neet to be afraid of beeing overhelmed by multiple forces

so if understand this correctly the only way to get ships now is by having them made as it says all captured ships are sent to admiralty, well it says combat ships so i guess traders are ok to capture

so the only way to get connie and 3rd rates now are to have them built for you, doesnt that kind of hurt the small clans who dont have the crafters the large clans do 

this might not be a good change

+1

its a bad change :angry:

• Like 1

Not really. I am craft level 50. I have learned all the BP's and have been making money by selling blueprints to other people when I am not making ships. Now that portion of the player driven economy is gone. Now I have less of a choice in making money when it comes to crafting. All I can do now is waste labor points on crafting notes or continue crafting ships, which some can take days to make if I don't have the resources on hand. I was making more gold on BP's and helping others out at the same time. See the issue here?

the position on the BP has changed over time and the way they work might change in the future even more.

If you learnt a skill - lets say a skill building a certain ship a certain way - we believe its kind of hard to transfer it to someone who has not. 

• Like 3

Start organizing guys. Clans work together and build ships for Pirates. I don't see anything bad here.

Staff recommendation is for pirates to build ships instead of capture them. You just completely destroyed the pirate faction if they have to build their own ships. What do you think a pirate does? Oh they are heavy ship builders, who knew.

Your removal of capturing ships is solely because you refuse to let people capture first rate npc ships and use them. So lets actually think about this since you guys apparently don't

1. you force people to build ships because you to limit how many people have first rates

2. clans focus heavily on building ships

3. pvp dies in all but the free cutter or vender frigates

4. an over abundance of ship builders begin to produce a lot of first rate ships

5. everyone is in a first rate ship.

Your blanket removal of npc ship captures is just to limit first rates when this limit is only a temporary situational event until you have a ton of ship builders and a ton of people in first rates anyway. So in the end, what you have done is absolutely pointless. Your going to have a ton of people in first rates anyway, it is only a matter of time.

The real question is what is your problem with people being in first rates? Why do you constantly want to force people to NOT have things that you know they will get anyway?

• Like 1

Actually the high end ships are not that much more expensive to lose than low end ships. Raw material cost for basic Bellona in only about 17% less than for exceptional and and labor hour need is only 19% less.

I think that you, like myself, have gotten accustomed to making money from an unexpected side effect of the crafting system.

I don't think the devs ever set out to make BP's a commodity, and indeed the easy exchange in piles of excess BP's defeats the purpose of having such a BP system in the first place. 

The devs have already referred to BP's as a flawed system that needs updating, so I wouldn't recommend getting worked up trying to defend your preferred economic niche. You've made your money, and changes are probably coming.

Oh they are heavy ship builders, who knew.

Played the game recently? Pirates have the largest navy and build the biggest warships. It's too bad that I can't go roleplay a real pirate now, but players like that are 0.1% of the total pirate population.

The game lets the pirates act like nationals; the pirates decided to act like nationals; now they are just like nationals.