Game-Labs Forum

The Bermuda Triangle Exploit2 - Methane gas pockets?

Johny Reb

I'm sorry if this is not the proper place for this post.

It is not truly a tribunal post.

I was not the one involved and I don't know who the players are except for the video is made by a US player following rats.

I also am aware that their were something like 5 of them that disappeared in all but the video didn't start recording until the last two.

We dont see the wind angle at which you run.

the gameengine is not persistant, which means that ships are not always rendered but only inside a certain area around you.

This causes poping when a ship is suddenly out of your render range it is simply no longer displayed for you.

If your enemies were faster than you this is exactly what happened.

• Like 1

The patch that changed open world graphics and lighting also introduced a bad problem with ships popping in and out of view rather than appearing on horizon or fading in and out of view.  The distance this occurs at also changes dynamically with subtle changes in weather / visibility that the player may not even notice and that do not correspond logically with the change in render distance.  This can lead to ships popping in and out of view even without distance between players changing.

IMO this is a graphics bug until it can be shown happening at closer range.  The ship pop-in is horrible and needs to be fixed.  Hopefully it was not intentional just because some people complained about having to click on small ships in the distance.

• Like 1

So you are suggesting they made a jump to light speed?

Errr no, when I hear the rumble of hooves my friend I don't think 'Unicorn'.

I think 'Horses'...  ;)

There is a vis range while on the OS. They simply exceeded said range.

Spotting range / drawing range now is within the 2 minutes timeframe for battles closing. They will pop out and in like ghosts....

The opposite is actually more scary... you look around and no sails... suddenly a full fleet pops in.... tadadadaaaaaaaaam...

:o

Errr no, when I hear the rumble of hooves my friend I don't think 'Unicorn'.

I think 'Horses'...  ;)

There is a vis range while on the OS. They simply exceeded said range.

Well, since I've been playing this game longer than most and this was the first time I've noticed this, I don't think I was jumping to conclusions. It has been reported by others. (My title for the OP being a play on another post in tribunal). In the other post the admin asked for video but the person reporting it didn't have any. I ran across this video (which isn't me in it) and chose to post. If it is just a graphics bug then so be it. I hope it gets fixed.

Well, since I've been playing this game longer than most and this was the first time I've noticed this, I don't think I was jumping to conclusions. It has been reported by others. (My title for the OP being a play on another post in tribunal). In the other post the admin asked for video but the person reporting it didn't have any. I ran across this video (which isn't me in it) and chose to post. If it is just a graphics bug then so be it. I hope it gets fixed.

What rank are you?

As the one posting the previous post regarding this exploit I have to say that some other players including me have seen this happening when the ships we about to get tagged.

No chance it could be a rendering issue.

We are not looking forward to punish anyone. We just thing it needs to be repaired so it cant be done when the game goes gold.

Gaizka

Spanish Diplo

• Like 1

What rank are you?

Rank doesn't mean anything, especially when several of us have gone through several level ups.  We've been in Open World far longer than most.  Moderators were added first, then testers, then Sea Trial users who got to Santi, then Sea Trial users, then the public.  We've had several wipes.

What is shown in the video is the rendering issue that many of us have posted about in all these threads that call it an exploit.  We know it is a rendering issue because ships pop into view just like they pop out.  If the ship was closer and did that, then it would be a different issue, but since it is on the horizon, it has to be the rendering issue.

Did they just log out? There's a delay, but it could have just ran out.

Nope, logging off puts you are 0 sails and stops you completely.