Game-Labs Forum

Is the pirate frigate worth owning?

My guess is that the Pirate Frigate will become craftable and pirate only when they take SoL's away from pirates and change their participation in PB's to port raids.....

I would guess better would be "tranformable" models of all, from brigs to frigates to piraty versions. That would make a lot of sense.

Would love if all t' ships were given a option t' turn it into a 'pirate' version not for t' name but t' colour change/wear and tear, boardin' bonuses and up gunnin' it would make when a pirate captures a ship quite a big thin' 

and visa versa.

But Alas this be somethin' i would prefer but im not fussed about, Aslong as it shoots, sin' sea shanty's i care not.
  • Like 1

yeah, if you're willing to lose turn rate, acceleration and top speed for an extra pair of guns, "buff" those ships with some extra cannons

I also think it would be completely absurd if pirates could craft any ship in the game that nationals can, plus the Pirate Frigate.

As for Basic PFs - they're garbage for boarding. They get some extra prep? With 0-2 upgrade slots, big deal. I take a ship with 5 upgrade slots, put basic marines on them and get far more out of this deal than the inherent boarding bonus of the Pirate Frigate. There are just too many good boarding mods out there to build a basic ship for boarding

Axes - Ladders - Marines - Boarding parties - Grog rations - swordfighting handbooks - hammocks. That's 7, and you can only pick 5 with an exceptional ship.

I do not own one, but I tested how crappy it is, when I was jumped in a basic quality navybrig by a pirate in a pirate frigate.

It took him about 45 mins of "sail and repair" game to close up. Then I managed to survive another 15 minutes with "turn ad round" games and also I was able to cause him some damage with a couple of good stern passages. He did not succed in boarding me and endend up sinking me from distance.

Maybe the pirate was drunk, but at the end of the story I laughed a lot in that combat.

Edited by victor