Game-Labs Forum

Playable Neutral Faction

This is more of a question for devs but i guess any positive additons would be good.

Are there any plans to add a playable Neutral faction ? It could eliminate the " pirate problem " for starters and add some flexibility for players.

It could work somethong like this ; they would play like any other faction exept they can only use free or neutral ports and can not capture ports. In order to use a nationals port they would need to buy a letter of marquee from a freeport for whatever nation they choose and this would allow access to all said nations port abilities and crafting etc AND would allow the player to join port battles. These letters of marquee would work like warehouses in the more you have the more they cost. Attacking a faction that you have a letter with will void that contract and have a cooldown timer before you can apply again.

This would allow privateers to work for a Nat and hunt other factions and would allow players who enjoy crafting and trading to set up vast trade guilds and would let PIRATES do what pirates did in the carrebean. If youre a pirate attacking the English for instance you will soon have the reputation spread through chat of being a pirate to them but still allows you to keep your secret in other ports just like real pirates.

Merchants could make friends with all and be the suppliers of good for war etc.

Neutrals can still have clans or guilds like any other nut would operate as individuals instead of one mighty faction.

I personally can only see this as a positive faction/plan/idea but im sure some can find fault with it and maybe between us all we can make it happen and then delete the pirate faction.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

The mighty neutral navy will start taking neutral ports back? :rolleyes:

Did you even read the post? Obviously not.

we are considering it but not in form of the nation but in form of the neutral karma maybe. Not sure yet.

Cool thanks for the answer. You can lock if you want i got my answere and most likely only the same old people making trouble for troubles sake.