Game-Labs Forum

RNoN, accused of high treason.

Herminator

On behalf of most major clans of Denmark-Norway, I have been asked to start a tribunal against the clan RNoN.

We accuse RNoN for high treason against his majesty the King and suggest his clan and it's members be outcasts of the Danish-Norwegian nation and be forced to Pirate nation.
Since they arrived in the West Indies, they have stated that they wanted to do their own thing and not respect the treaties that has been agreed upon by all major clans in his majesty the kings service.

Since they came, they where informed about our current dipomatic standings and offered a seat at the table.

They have refused to follow the rest of the nation, and have even broken the peace treaty signed by all the major clans, in their own interest and not in the nations nor the Kings best interest.
This clan and it's leader seems to feed of making the nation crumble. Today they attacked 2 ports belonging to Sweden and by that braking the treaty. We consider this as high treason and they should be dealt with as traitors.

We hope the Tribunal takes this into consideration and sentence the clan and it's members to the Pirate faction, and strip them off whatever dignity they had left.

On behalf of the RDNN - Royal Danish Norwegian Navy

Herminator

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 16

Unfortunately for you in this instance, each man can do whatever it is he wants to do whilst he plays this game.

Believe me when i say, i am familiar with irregularities in a nation, yet you cant force someone to uphold certain agreements.

Since there are no mechanics yet that allow peace, this is not actionable. The result of which is that this thread will be moved to NN.

If you want to ensure that the mechanics will be there sooner, vote in the thread below:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12471-development-priorities-2/

• Like 6

dolleet as I said to CrazyBaer

we are not with the brits mate   75% of our clan is completely Swedish, players in which that couldnt  care less about the interests of the British we are only allied with the British because we have a mutual enemy (The Danes) therefore the help from each other gives us both benefits, things like we keep the Danes hands tied in Ile a Vache and rustle their feathers a bit and in return we get silver shipments for ships its simple, and when we switched to fighting the French it was because we were being PAYED TO by someone in KF and as that was happening it just so happened that the French decided to attack the British making it look like we coincidentally just started hammering them because they attacked the British.  

We as clan VIE would like to support this.

We now that this not exactly against the game rules, but this case should maybe help showing how very needed diplomacy ingame.

We feel a group of people is trying to undermine the things we have achieved between both nations and therefore ruin the game for the

majority of the nation.

• Like 4

We can't do anything about it using in-game mechanics

We can't stop RNoN attacking, we can't force truce status. We can only calm down our players and spend some money returning the ports that changed hands. So far they succeeded in annoying most big clans.

So this is another reason we need nation diplomacy asap

And ability to punish players of own nation

Black Team supports this

• Like 3

We can't do anything about it using in-game mechanics

We can't stop RNoN attacking, we can't force truce status. We can only calm down our players and spend some money returning the ports that changed hands. So far they succeeded in annoying most big clans.

So this is another reason we need nation diplomacy asap

And ability to punish players of own nation

Black Team supports this

This.

• Like 2

Sadly theres no game mechanic in place to prevent this behaivor, and its not against any rules either. (maybe it should untill mechanics are done)

Besides that, -VKS- does support the motion started by Herminator/RDNN

• Like 2

Sadly theres no game mechanic in place to prevent this behaivor, and its not against any rules either. (maybe it should untill mechanics are done)

Besides that, -VKS- does support the motion started by Herminator/RDNN

sure just force people to play like some "councils" want it...-.- Thats what a Sandbox game is.

• Like 6

Until the mechanic is in place you've got to let individuals and guilds do their own thing, you can't punish someone for going against the wishes of others who paid exactly the same amount of money for the game. It's up to the 'council' of the nation to try to bring them into the fold, but you can't force them.

Edited by Morey
  • Like 3

Sandbox game or not, Nations want/should be able to aim for a certain goal, if the majority is going towards that goal, there needs to be ways to controll rogue elements.

This is what im expecting from a hopefully soon beeing developed diplomacy etc system. So its just a matter of time till the majority of a nation can force the direction a nation goes, as it should be.

• Like 1

Seriously, two of these? These forums have become an embarrassing collection of "do as we say" nonsense, but actually starting tribunal threads because people want to play their own game is disgraceful. Grow up.

Behaviour like this, yet it's the "rogue clans" that are bad for the player base :rolleyes:

• Like 13

Seriously, two of these? These forums have become an embarrassing collection of "do as we say" nonsense, but actually starting tribunal threads because people want to play their own game is disgraceful. Grow up.

Behaviour like this, yet it's the "rogue clans" that are bad for the player base :rolleyes:

Do as the Majority of the Clans say, yes. It's a MMO axed on Global Diplomacy. Does it surprise you?

Heck, I am not sur that if a General in the Army IRL attacked a country or launched unautorised action it could get away with it.

The majority of the players respect the Diplomatic terms and can discuss about it, voicing there opinion.

Thoses who don't respect it hold no right and should be put out of the concerned nation.

• Like 4

I still feel it is wrong by moderator to move this thread to National News.

If this clan wants to do it's own things. Disrespect all treaties that all major clans had agreed upon, then what is the point of having nations at all? Then we should just all go pirate and all go PVP. Ports should then be held by clans not nations. We need a tribunal to sentence this to be honest. This has nothing to do with national news. As long as we don't have diplomacy tools, this is the only way to keep nations tight and together.

A clan consisting of 40players, less than 10 flagcaptains is actually dictating now the entire nation. Is that fair? This is an act of treason, and we consider them less than pirates. Even pirates have the dignity to actually admit they are pirates.
Most of the people of this clan only does this to provoke and to feed of the missery of others it seems. So let us hope that justice is served in this case and that this post gets moved back to tribunal.

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 4

Do as the Majority of the Clans say, yes. It's a MMO axed on Global Diplomacy. Does it surprise you?

Heck, I am not sur that if a General in the Army IRL attacked a country or launched unautorised action it could get away with it.

The majority of the players respect the Diplomatic terms and can discuss about it, voicing there opinion.

Thoses who don't respect it hold no right and should be put out of the concerned nation.

Only response I intend to make, because this is all so embarrassingly stupid. Here ya go, bud:

"It's a MMO axed on Global Diplomacy"  No, it's a sandbox MMO based on naval combat being played on a pvp server. That is all. Diplomacy is entirely player-driven right now. If your clan wants peace with someone then you're welcome to it, but that's for you and you alone. I realise that some of you people need to find validation by trying to be a big wheel in our little pretend-internet-boat game, but you don't get to tell other people how to play their game. Suck it up. "Those who don't respect it hold no right etc etc etc" Unless you bought their game you don't get to decide that for anyone else, tough luck. Grow up.

There you go. Last word is yours, enjoy.

• Like 8

I agree in the point that we need a diplomacy mechanic.

Do not forget that we are not playing as "individuals" with own opinions but as naval officers of a national sovereign (besides the Pirates). In that point it is indeed treason to act in another way than you were ordered. And to make sure was His Majesty wants we need a diplomacy mechanic based on player-votes.

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 6

I agree in the point that we need a diplomacy mechanic.

Do not forget that we are not playing as "individuals" with own opinions but as naval officers of a national sovereign (besides the Pirates). In that point it is indeed treason to act in another way than you were ordered. And to make sure was His Majesty wants we need a diplomacy mechanic based on player-votes.

I totally agree, but until that mechanic comes, no one should be dictating anything to other players. They can ask players to toe he line sure, or make it a pre condition of joining their guild that they follow the guilds orders or leave. But demanding that the 'opposition party' players as I think of them should be made pirate for disagreeing with the rest is complete.................

As I said in the counterpart thread to this one, whose to say that it's not the minority that are the 'kings men' and the majority are the 'bad guys'

• Like 1

I totally agree, but until that mechanic comes, no one should be dictating anything to other players. They can ask players to toe he line sure, or make it a pre condition of joining their guild that they follow the guilds orders or leave. But demanding that the 'opposition party' players as I think of them should be made pirate for disagreeing with the rest is complete.................

As I said in the counterpart thread to this one, whose to say that it's not the minority that are the 'kings men' and the majority are the 'bad guys'

as I said in the other thread as well..... Common sense goes a long way ;)

this is Rediclous thats all i have to say. That our clan RNoN is accused for treason, Royal Norwegian Navy will stand and fight for our flag in the right way.

We are having fun thats the game about right? we didnt pay money to follow mr. herminator.

• Like 6