Game-Labs Forum

Clans/people not following the pvp1 zerg rush

Mrdoomed

I understand many PvP2 players would rather wait until the merge so that they lose as little assets as possible, but a merged server is definitely the direction this game needs to go in as far as PvP. Many of the French PvP2 players I see here must keep in mind that the only possibility of retaining your PvP2 server assets may only be applicable if you stay in your current faction, much in the same fashion as the EU3 mirror transfer worked. If that is the direction the developers want to go (and I do not think it'd be that much of a stretch, given how unforgiving the game is to people who faction hop outside of going to pirates) you will be in a faction that will speak French a majority of the time in national chat. Some players from the US server may feel uncomfortable with that (no offense to French speakers on PvP1) and would rather switch to an English-speaking faction instead.

All this hub but over relatively nothing.

In a month or two there will be a reset. At that time you will lose you gold, bps and ships. If you move to pvp1 from pvp2 today your going to lose the exact same stuff. It's just stuff and your going on have to learn how to rebuild quickly again anyway.

If you want to make the move but are worried about gear then here is what I would suggest. Contact a clan already in pvp1 in the nation you want to join. Get then to give your transferring clan 3-4 captured third rates. From there those 3-4 capped third should put your entire clan on the path to rebuilding in short order if you work together.

If your a solo player switching to pvp1 leaving Victories, several Pavels and maximum outposts behind...well then your screwed. But entire clans that move will rebuild fast with minimal help from those already in pvp1.

Developers have consistently confirmed that there will be a PORT RESET, which does not necessarily mean the economy will be reset as well. I imagine the only warranted need for an economical reset is if it were to change dynamically (such as a completely player-dependent economy) and as far as I'm aware this hasn't been hinted at heavily on happening within the next month.

I dont see a reason to transfer, rebuild , then a day after im back to were i started having it taken away and doing it over again. Sounds like a big giant hassle to me and for no reason.

I dont know about the others still left on pvp2 but im almost hoping they dont merge us now. All the toxic players have left, the pvp is great, fights are everywhere and the chat between nations during battles is great and no more insults being thrown around.

I hope the devs leave the server and do like others have ask and stop making it so easy to jump servers amd jump factions etc. Its just causing chaos.

Im sure pvp1 players will now attacknme for my thoughts but man the fights are fun and lots more strategy and not just zerg zerg zerg.
EDIT. After reading the new batch of US vs pirates insults today it seems to me pvp1 is just one giant epeen messuring contest and nothing but insults are exchanged.

Where is the leave Brittney alone guy to do a leave our server alone video.

I heavily disagree:

Fights were hardly anywhere, my faction (Spain) was nearly dead and unable to get more than 10 players on at a time, US/British were enormous zergs to start out with because of the English-speaking bias on a US-based server, and the sinking playerbase encouraged players to even abandon depopulated factions. The strategy on PvP1 seems much more pronounced simply due to the volume of players and that there is no one faction who at this point has simply out-leveled an opposing faction. Even to the argument that it would be "a waste of time" to start from scratch on PvP1 with the possibility of a wipe in 1-2 months, I highly encourage you to gauge if it's worth spending the majority of your time on a nearly empty server for the next 2 months when you're inevitably merged anyways. If you actually enjoy being on a sparsely populated server, then I do not wish you ill in your choice, but I'd suggest that you at least try PvP1 and see if you don't enjoy it.

• Like 1

Historically I find this to be the case in all games: Oceanic players have issues getting playable pings to Euro servers but everyone seems to have decent pings to North American servers. Maybe that has changed here but I doubt it. Also, I think you'll find PVP1 drops way more people way more often than PVP2. There was a thread about it recently where Ink seemed to be looking into it. We had PVP2 go down entirely a couple weeks back but day by day its been stable.

No matter where the server is, a region will be significantly hindered. I'd prefer that Australians weren't the short straw because I feel there are a good chunk of Aussies who play NA, but ultimately that's a developer decision. We do not know how many players from say Turkey, etc. that may benefit more with the current server location.

I understand many PvP2 players would rather wait until the merge so that they lose as little assets as possible, but a merged server is definitely the direction this game needs to go in as far as PvP. Many of the French PvP2 players I see here must keep in mind that the only possibility of retaining your PvP2 server assets may only be applicable if you stay in your current faction, much in the same fashion as the EU3 mirror transfer worked. If that is the direction the developers want to go (and I do not think it'd be that much of a stretch, given how unforgiving the game is to people who faction hop outside of going to pirates) you will be in a faction that will speak French a majority of the time in national chat. Some players from the US server may feel uncomfortable with that (no offense to French speakers on PvP1) and would rather switch to an English-speaking faction instead.

I tried PVP 1 briefly and yes the language barrier was an issue, but not a huge one.

It would be a low-priority feature, but perhaps a commo-rose or map commands for simple things like "focus fire on [enemy] ship" that could be translated across languages would at least allow for basic communication during battles.

Unrelated perhaps, but in the next update I'd like to be able to see how many active players we have in each faction. I'd probably prefer to play on a smaller faction even if language were an issue, than to play on a huge zerg faction just because I speak the same language as most of the others in my faction.

Edited by ajffighter86

I tried PVP 1 briefly and yes the language barrier was an issue, but not a huge one.

It would be a low-priority feature, but perhaps a commo-rose or map commands for simple things like "focus fire on [enemy] ship" that could be translated across languages would at least allow for basic communication during battles.

Unrelated perhaps, but in the next update I'd like to be able to see how many active players we have in each faction. I'd probably prefer to play on a smaller faction even if language were an issue, than to play on a huge zerg faction just because I speak the same language as most of the others in my faction.

I genuinely prefer that faction player counts aren't visibly shown to the entire faction's playerbase. The forums are already filled with enough salt and johns.

Developers have consistently confirmed that there will be a PORT RESET, which does not necessarily mean the economy will be reset as well. I imagine the only warranted need for an economical reset is if it were to change dynamically (such as a completely player-dependent economy) and as far as I'm aware this hasn't been hinted at heavily on happening within the next month.

I heavily disagree:

Fights were hardly anywhere, my faction (Spain) was nearly dead and unable to get more than 10 players on at a time, US/British were enormous zergs to start out with because of the English-speaking bias on a US-based server, and the sinking playerbase encouraged players to even abandon depopulated factions. The strategy on PvP1 seems much more pronounced simply due to the volume of players and that there is no one faction who at this point has simply out-leveled an opposing faction. Even to the argument that it would be "a waste of time" to start from scratch on PvP1 with the possibility of a wipe in 1-2 months, I highly encourage you to gauge if it's worth spending the majority of your time on a nearly empty server for the next 2 months when you're inevitably merged anyways. If you actually enjoy being on a sparsely populated server, then I do not wish you ill in your choice, but I'd suggest that you at least try PvP1 and see if you don't enjoy it.

You disagree that im having fun , and great pvp ? Hmm, not sure how you know how i feel but ok. Tonight for the brief time i was on my friend and i took a 1400 iron shipment, sank a suprise and cerb, caped a cerb , almost sank a connie and then i left to head back home to log and got hit by 6 brits and went down in a blaze of glory. I guess i dont know what fun is.

Oh and my faction was reduced to our capital only for a while and i still though i was having fun. Guess i was wrong.

• Like 1

There will always be those who are afraid to make the move from big fish in small pond to little fish in big pond. Usually they spend a lot of time boasting how great they are knowing they will never have to prove otherwise in their tiny pond. They are often the most resistant to merges for population increases.

There will always be those who are afraid to make the move from big fish in small pond to little fish in big pond. Usually they spend a lot of time boasting how great they are knowing they will never have to prove otherwise in their tiny pond. They are often the most resistant to merges for population increases.

Why would anyone not want more players ? That's counter productive to the longevity of the game. It should be the more the merrier.

• Like 1

The first big moves from PVP2 were not from people unhappy with player population -- they were unhappy with their recent defeats and saw a server transfer as an easy way to get into a team that's winning more.

That then spiraled into a feedback loop of people quitting or moving as player population dropped more and more.

In the long run, it's not good for the game to poach people from one server to another. What are you going to do in 2 months when a big patch hits, the maps reset and a few thousand new people come back to try the game? You're going to make them wait in an hour-long queue to log into a high latency Euro server?

• Like 4

I am ok with switching servers and keeping xp. I switched my self from PVP 3 to 1. there was simply so much more happening on 1

How ever if you wish to swap nations you should start with 00 XP in my opinion. That would make it a huge decision rather than flavour of the month. I also think it should apply to Pirates. If you attack a friendly ship your a Pirate, but have to start out and prove yourself all over again so start with 00XP.

This would make nation flipping a little less common

I am ok with switching servers and keeping xp. I switched my self from PVP 3 to 1. there was simply so much more happening on 1

How ever if you wish to swap nations you should start with 00 XP in my opinion. That would make it a huge decision rather than flavour of the month. I also think it should apply to Pirates. If you attack a friendly ship your a Pirate, but have to start out and prove yourself all over again so start with 00XP.

This would make nation flipping a little less common

No this is too harsh, man it takes forever to level. A XP hit maybe, or perhaps a gold cost and definitely a sizeable cooldown (2 weeks sounds like a good minimum), etc.

The first big moves from PVP2 were not from people unhappy with player population -- they were unhappy with their recent defeats and saw a server transfer as an easy way to get into a team that's winning more.

That then spiraled into a feedback loop of people quitting or moving as player population dropped more and more.

In the long run, it's not good for the game to poach people from one server to another. What are you going to do in 2 months when a big patch hits, the maps reset and a few thousand new people come back to try the game? You're going to make them wait in an hour-long queue to log into a high latency Euro server?

Its to easy to switch servers or teams with 0 penalties. People who cant stand not being on the winning team constantly switch back and forth at will. Ive seen the same nes leave, become a rival, then come back all to get the easiest xp. It was a good idea but in practice its bad because of peoples attitudes.

And all going to the European server i sure hope works out and dont cause more problems. The asian pacific players will now be at a serious disadvantage in pvp and so will some SA players i think.

Im just hoping for the best but not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Game content will increase populations on all servers.  Players have to do what makes them happy and have fun.

I am currently staying on PvP2 awaiting direction from the Dev Team.

Love this game! 

• Like 3

So what’s the flip side of merging the servers?  Iirc one server can handle 3k players, by merging are the devs conceding that out of the 70k that bought into NA no more than 5% of the user base will return or continue to play no matter what they do?

I am wondering if everyone is on the same page with regard to what a "merge" actually means. Merging servers on a wipe doesn't make sense. Wipe = nobody has anything so there is nothing to merge. You would just close down the servers you don't want.

Some of us assumed the devs meant they were going to supply a means of helping people move quickly from PVP2 to PVP1, in the very near future, since the devs were openly advocating people moving over.

Now I wonder if they just meant they will be merging PVP3 into PVP1 and that's it.

I am wondering if everyone is on the same page with regard to what a "merge" actually means. Merging servers on a wipe doesn't make sense. Wipe = nobody has anything so there is nothing to merge. You would just close down the servers you don't want.

Some of us assumed the devs meant they were going to supply a means of helping people move quickly from PVP2 to PVP1, in the very near future, since the devs were openly advocating people moving over.

Now I wonder if they just meant they will be merging PVP3 into PVP1 and that's it.

If they are going to only merge those two and leqve pvp2 a stand alone server ( which makes sence for asia pacific and western south americans ) then we need to send out a SOS save our server!

Try and get some people back and keep them from being poached. The way our tiny server has worked out a way for still being fun i thibn even 4 or 500 would be great fun.

Heck ww could all sit down and make some ground rules for our own little server.

• Like 1

yeah this. when everyone realizes its sandbox again, they better be ready, because if lag sucks, I wont be the only one finding a new game.

There's two approaches to dealing with this server imbalance and still keeping 2 main servers ( other than doing nothing at all )

A - penalize players for switching servers even more than what's happening currently or even force people to stay put.

B - or the idea I mentioned before, the server that has a lot lower population gets a credit boost for pvp, missions.......anything that rewards money.

The Dev's could set a automatic trigger.

Once the less populated server gets below let's say 67% of the other server it gets a credit boost ( maybe 15% )...........have another boost when it gets below 50% ( maybe 25% ) .......etc.

I prefer encouraging players to fix things rather than forcing them to.

Before someone claims this could be exploited.......remember, money and assets do not move between servers.

Edited by Bert Beard
  • Like 1

There's two approaches to dealing with this server imbalance and still keeping 2 main servers ( other than doing nothing at all )

A - penalize players for switching servers even more than what's happening currently or even force people to stay put.

B - or the idea I mentioned before, the server that has a lot lower population gets a credit boost for pvp, missions.......anything that rewards money.

The Dev's could set a automatic trigger.

Once the less populated server gets below let's say 67% of the other server it gets a credit boost ( maybe 15% )...........have another boost when it gets below 50% ( maybe 25% ) .......etc.

I prefer encouraging players to fix things rather than forcing them to.

Before someone claims this could be exploited.......remember, money and assets do not move between servers.

I would be all for the penalty idea but would never support any bonuses, unless you want a bigger mess of swaping then you have now

I still have my charter on pvp2 and i might be soloing for a bit too i might even switch sides to try out different nations...hopped over to pvp1 and i really dont know if i care much for it. at this point im just burnt out on the game plus lack of content.

I have done the same thing, I find myself playing other games for the time being. I still have my character, clan, and outposts on pvp2 and if the pop comes back up ill be more than happy to continue playing on pvp2, but for now PVP2 is just to dead for me and the members of my clan that still play to really continue on it.

Hey Captains.

We have to admit we wasted some good dev time in Jan after release on the unnecessary features (listened to players a bit more than needed due to our previous position to always react to player wants fast)

- namely

• queues
  • autokick
  • new server
  • several backup and server stability related features
  • other things

We learnt a lot and this might help in the future (or other games) but we should not have done it.

Merging and transfer will happen after War & peace/rvr/port battles changes are approved by players and coded. It might take 1-2 months. If you want more action it is advised to just transfer to pvp 1. If you want more secluded environment you can stay. 

We are going to discuss it this week with the team and maybe propose other options for captains moving to pvp 1

As for merges, I dont really see the reason to have a PVE server on this game. Other than to grind your level and crafting up safely then go to a pvp server for the real fun. Which in all honesty imo it seems a sort of cheatsie to do that. I think the pve server and pvp2 server should merge into one. Also is there any estimated time on the port wipe.

• Like 1

I would be all for the penalty idea but would never support any bonuses, unless you want a bigger mess of swaping then you have now

Not sure what you mean Mrdoomed........explain the swapping mess that would happen.

This plan would be if we kept 2 main pvp server's........does not apply if we combine them into one.

The server with more players would have more opportunities for pvp, port battles and a larger economy.

The server with less players would have a bonus to compensate for less pvp, port battles and a smaller economy.

Edited by Bert Beard

Not sure what you mean Mrdoomed........explain the swapping mess that would happen.

This plan would be if we kept 2 main pvp server's........does not apply if we combine them into one.

The server with more players would have more opportunities for pvp, port battles and a larger economy.

The server with less players would have a bonus to compensate for less pvp, port battles and a smaller economy.

If there are 0 penalties for swapping servers ir faction and there was a gold and xp bonus for playing on the low population server then try hards ( just like now) would just swap between servers all day to which ever gave them the most xp till they reached max level then they would pick a server to stay on.

In my experience every game that gave a welfare bonus just created new problems. The best solution is your first idea. Penalty for swaping.