Game-Labs Forum

Merging PvP1 & PvP2 -- Some questions.

i follow what all the pvp2 people are saying most of my clan moved to from pvp2 to pvp1 and it took 2 whole days to have the ships we need sure we dont have crafters but that is ok but with it was so easy on pvp2 to do the econ thing was cause there was not much pvp on it, i would venture to say if you were on pvp1 instead of pvp2 you would not be so far head with all the people patroling and what not

there will be a server merge has to be not enough people playing this game and it drops every day even on pvp1 so someting has to change

most poeople who quit will not come back so the dev have to find reasons why new people would by into the game and that is not happening right now i dont think 

Please  cut it out bert

Cut it out Captain unless you have something meaningful to add.

Atomic Moose is one of my clan mates from PVP 2 and he and the rest of my clan have been very helpful........good bunch of guys.

I'm just too busy with real life to start over in PVP 1 ......even with the help.

And too be honest my confidence in the Dev's right now is not what it was.......so that has taken the wind out of my sails too.

I have stopped playing.......but I'll likely be back later this year, perhaps after the game is ready for a wipe of both servers.

Not everyone is as hardcore about devoting lot's of time to an MMO like Naval Action ............ but it's those who aren't as hardcore who can make the difference between a player population of 2,000 and 20,000

Edited by Bert Beard

b

I understand what your saying Sampo and there are some very helpful players offering assistance to players switching from PVP 2 to PVP 1.

But especially for those who have been building an economic empire with lot's of bases, mats and ships on PVP 2.......it would take me weeks and many hours to get back to where I was even with lots of help.

And yes I expect there will be a server wipe later this year sometime when the game is ready, then everyone will be in the same boat and with lot's of notice.

And a proper, planned mechanism for the players to get things going again.

Not what's happening now........which is no plan and no clarity from the Dev's.

Wonder how many from PVP 1 would be willing to do that server wipe and lose all their stuff one extra time and shrug it off like it's not a big deal.......while those in PVP 2 get to keep all their stuff.

You know.......the roles reversed.

Many people have real lives you know and will not want to do that, they'll say the hell with that...........I have better things to do than waste a hundred or two hours starting over because of an ooopsy.

My guess is that would be why most of the players who left PVP 2 in the last couple weeks did not go to PVP 1............. they quit.

There not here in the forums trying to fix it.......there gone.

And guess what there going to tell their friends about Naval Action and it's server population numbers.

I think this game is great and has tremendous potential.

That's why this is very frustrating to me because I've seen it before with PotBS.

Shrugging something like this off as a lot of complaining about nothing as some are doing here will help to ensure that fate.

seems like the penalty for a self chosen server change is pretty non existant to me.   WoW for instance charge you and you still dont take stuff with you.

I know you feel it is harsh but seriously just create a character on pvp ask in brit chat for helpand see if it is that painful...your pvp2 account stays but i can guarantee you if you get on and sail to any of the clans we will give you a 3rd rate or 2 to get started and introduce you to the leaders so you can get your diplomacy stuff on point asap.

you lose nothing from trying and to be honest i think you are making it bigger than it is. a gold vic it only like 2 million max.  that's like a few days grind in 3rd rate territory isn't it..

so for a few days grind and a tiny leap of faith you get a better game..

i know personally of 20 3rd rates given to clans who swapped over to get them started and most of them have come back to buy pavels and vics off us.

Edited by Fastidius

b

seems like the penalty for a self chosen server change is pretty non existant to me.   WoW for instance charge you and you still dont take stuff with you.

I know you feel it is harsh but seriously just create a character on pvp ask in brit chat for helpand see if it is that painful...your pvp2 account stays but i can guarantee you if you get on and sail to any of the clans we will give you a 3rd rate or 2 to get started and introduce you to the leaders so you can get your diplomacy stuff on point asap.

you lose nothing from trying and to be honest i think you are making it bigger than it is. a gold vic it only like 2 million max.  that's like a few days grind in 3rd rate territory isn't it..

so for a few days grind and a tiny leap of faith you get a better game..

i know personally of 20 3rd rates given to clans who swapped over to get them started and most of them have come back to buy pavels and vics off us.

Thanks Fastidious, I know there's lot's of really good guys willing to help those switching servers.

I'll be back .......... and I still think Naval Action is a great game with tremendous potential.

A wipe without compensation to existing players will be disastrous.  Seriously, you will find a huge portion of the players simply moving onto another game as the time requirement to succeed in Naval Action is extremely high.  You burn off  all of that work and people will walk.  I certainly hope the devs keep this in mind, because it will happen and it will have a dire impact on the game. Those most likely to be interested in Naval Action are already playing it.

-Ski

Edited by Teamski

bert hope you come back but i agree my play time since we moved is about 1/3 of what it was before i have lost a lot of faith in what the dev are doing, with their so call its our way or highway attitude of making this game

i love naval combat and this game is fun but the grind and the travel as i said many times before is sucking the fun out of this game at least on pvp1 targets drive by all the time lol but even with that at 9pm cst there is only about 700 or so playing on pvp1 so still not a whole lot

game has lot of promise but it is taking to long for patches to hold the people attention when it takes so long to do things in this game, will continue to play but at about 1/3 the rate other games are more fun right now and the dam wind this game has broken my lol

You won't really have to grind if you move over and join an existing clan that is willing to help.

Ah, but you see, I'v'a already got one. And no we're not merging our literally 15-year-old clan just for a server transfer in one game.

And none us are keen on grinding out cash and grinding out resources and grinding out blueprint replacements for a game that's due to reset in "1-2 months" anyway.

Will wait for the devs to decide if they're going to offer tools to move our stuff or not.

Presently we are still getting solid PvP every night so the pressure to move isn't there yet. It was only really there for the people who worked hard to avoid fights. (Presumably after they moved to PVP1 they were forced to fight based on the better leadership qualities of the European players, who did something other than sign peace treaties and set port timers to off hours. Mark my words, don't let the players who came from PVP2 dictate national policy. They were the ones who ruined their own server; don't let them ruin yours.)

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

Just out of curiosity how many people are playing on PVP2 on a regular basis?

Past few days its been a low of ~150 and a peak ~350.

Just post steam release it had lows of about 400 and peak of 800-900, steady decline since though.

Just started a new account on PVP 2 took me 3 hours to get a capped Con and 1 building up and running ( got 2 a within first day of playing there). Keeping the Rank is great, all i had to do was cap up a few levels to get into a fully crewd Con next step back to a Pav except nobody in the nation i am in is building them yet :(

Although losing all the Gold ships and longer term stuff is a loss, the challenge of getting back there represents a worthy goal. Of course i am the type of player who bought the game because he enjoys the game and does not see any grind but game play, If you are the OMG i have to play the game to progress, and complain non stop about the fact that you have to do something to get something then i imagine it must be almost imposs to entertain the idea of having to do the same thing twice, god forbid!!!

Move servers, don't move servers. Choice is always yours, but for god sake stop complaining about an EA game that requires changes to be made to improve the game for when it will be a finished product!

Just out of curiosity how many people are playing on PVP2 on a regular basis?

Lately in U.S. primetime it's been on the order of 200-250 people online.  Right now, at 10am MST, there are 131 people online. That said, there's always a fight to be had in the evenings it seems like. In fact, the PVP is better since people started moving to PVP1. There's always French or pirates around to shoot.

One downside to low player numbers is the economy. Notes are obscenely expensive. Some raw materials can't be bought at all times so you need a building or clan help. Coal is frequently out of stock (or very expensive) in Port Royal, for example. So I got a building for it and then just burn the crafting hours needed to pull from it.There are very few ship modules for sale. Almost nobody makes them so you have to have friends if you want modules on your ship. The best bet seems to craft your own notes and find a helper.

Lately in U.S. primetime it's been on the order of 200-250 people online. Right now, at 10am MST, there are 131 people online. That said, there's always a fight to be had in the evenings it seems like. In fact, the PVP is better since people started moving to PVP1. There's always French or pirates around to shoot.

One downside to low player numbers is the economy. Notes are obscenely expensive. Some raw materials can't be bought at all times so you need a building or clan help. Coal is frequently out of stock (or very expensive) in Port Royal, for example. So I got a building for it and then just burn the crafting hours needed to pull from it.There are very few ship modules for sale. Almost nobody makes them so you have to have friends if you want modules on your ship. The best bet seems to craft your own notes and find a helper.

The pvp has been much better and even more plentiful. You( and a dozen of your friends ) and i just had a fight the other day lol....or someone with a close name.

I think alot of the screamers left for pvp1. Been fun so far.

The pvp has been much better and even more plentiful. You( and a dozen of your friends ) and i just had a fight the other day lol....or someone with a close name.

Either way you can have a fun experience but others wont.  You can seem to have all the pvp you want but other just dont get any...it could be the time, the place, or even the nation that is the problem but your pvp doesn't mean that they can have the same pvp.  So saying those who left or stay was a bad ideal is pointless.

Either way you can have a fun experience but others wont. You can seem to have all the pvp you want but other just dont get any...it could be the time, the place, or even the nation that is the problem but your pvp doesn't mean that they can have the same pvp. So saying those who left or stay was a bad ideal is pointless.

Yeah it should be up to the person what they want to do. I do find it sorta gamey though of the poaching of pvp2 players by promises of free set up etc. Let people choose untill the merge.

Yeah it should be up to the person what they want to do. I do find it sorta gamey though of the poaching of pvp2 players by promises of free set up etc. Let people choose untill the merge.

And it sounds to me like life ain't so rosy over on PVP1 after all. More people but also more time zones, making port timers a much bigger problem, fewer resources and weaker server infrastructure leading to more disconnects (so I hear).

And now PVP2 France is finally able to enter the general fray -- something we really should have done a long time ago but we were still thinking port flipping was the road to success and were trying to work our way over. After being convinced otherwise by a bunch of British try-hards that blob up for port battles, don't hunt the open seas, set port times to AUS times and generally do everything they can to kill the fun of the game for both sides, we finally just said "whatevah" and went around them to pick fights around Jamaica which is a lot more fun.

I actually think a lot of PVP2 players should just pretend they never left and quietly slink back over and pick up where they left off. We will pretend we didn't know they left. Arguably in many cases that would be true because they never came out to fight anyway.

And this time, stop setting their port battle timers to 12-14. Nobody thinks that's clever. "Just play the damn game and you might actually enjoy it again" would be my advice to them. Metagaming their road to victory was a huge mistake. Which is what I told them. But noooo, nobody listens to Slamz...

Edited by Slamz

Yeah, I've been enjoying it.  I think I recall that fight. Just outside PR, right?   Lately we've been forming groups to level up some clan members by hunting AI fleets. If we come upon anyone, that's good too.

And it sounds to me like life ain't so rosy over on PVP1 after all. More people but also more time zones, making port timers a much bigger problem, fewer resources and weaker server infrastructure leading to more disconnects (so I hear).

And now PVP2 France is finally able to enter the general fray -- something we really should have done a long time ago but we were still thinking port flipping was the road to success and were trying to work our way over. After being convinced otherwise by a bunch of British try-hards that blob up for port battles, don't hunt the open seas, set port times to AUS times and generally do everything they can to kill the fun of the game for both sides, we finally just said "whatevah" and went around them to pick fights around Jamaica which is a lot more fun.

I actually think a lot of PVP2 players should just pretend they never left and quietly slink back over and pick up where they left off. We will pretend we didn't know they left. Arguably in many cases that would be true because they never came out to fight anyway.

And this time, stop setting their port battle timers to 12-14. Nobody thinks that's clever. "Just play the damn game and you might actually enjoy it again" would be my advice to them. Metagaming their road to victory was a huge mistake. Which is what I told them. But noooo, nobody listens to Slamz...

PVP1 will always be better then PVP2, and I play on east coast US and never have problems with disconnects.

Yeah, I've been enjoying it. I think I recall that fight. Just outside PR, right? Lately we've been forming groups to level up some clan members by hunting AI fleets. If we come upon anyone, that's good too.

Yeah it started at port royal but ended north of Jamaica. I fought my ass off and had 2 of the smaller ships with yall hurt bad but in the end i think i sank from the sheer number of english cannon balls stuck in my deck.

Yeah ive heard nothing but bad about pvp1 . And yes ive seen french way up in my stomping ground including yourself last night lol.

I have a kill british only policy, unless provoked. I hate the red devils.