Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix - 9.66 - Changing changes + some other things

admin

If anyone wonders, this is for lvl 1 buildings. Meaning 50LH / day to operate a lvl 1 building, 67,5LH daily to operate a lvl 2 (+50% production, 10% LH discount) and 80LH daily to operate a lvl 3 building (+100% prod / 20% discount)

My level 3 Iron Mine stores 900, or presumably produces 300 per day, which requires 100 Labor Hours (LH) per day to mine.

My other level 3 facility also seems to take 300 LH to empty out after it hits full storage.

I'm not sure where the discount is, yet.

Some math on the new production values.

Silver: assume a profit of 60gp per unit, but at least where I am at that number has gone down with increased production.

50/day 10k (3.3 days to recover investment)

75/day 60k (13.3 days)

100/day 210k (35 days)

I predict that with the new values, and without a matched increase in consumption, that there will be a surplus of many core items very soon.

This will actually improve the life of new players, as it will be easier to grind out low end ships in the quest for BP's. The choke point is going to be getting Gold quality ships with the hours/materials of copper/silver.gold.

What could be useful is that in addition to decreasing the ports production, a complementary increase in their consumption be made for secondary product requirements for resource extraction. Create dynamic rules on ports that increase consumption based on the number of production facilities located at them to simulate a larger economy. +5/day consumption of each port consumed item per production facility could be enough.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Has the ship visibility change on OW been discussed? It may not have been this most recent update, perhaps the one before, but ships now "pop" into being at a certain range, and disappear instantly beyond that range.

While I like shorter visual ranges (horizon distance to spot topsails is only 18 miles or so from a mast top, so being able to see 50NM in old method was not exactly realistic), I think the "pop in, pop out" really hurts immersion. It goes against all visual recognition at sea that something should be fully visible one moment and then cloaked as if with an invisibility shield the next second.

Is the new visual range permanent? If so I recommend instituting some type of fade out - or decrease ship size on OW so that natural visibility matches the desired range.

The sudden disappearing act does not do justice to the otherwise good graphics of the game. The old method of being able to spot sails in the far distant horizon was a much more enjoyable experience.

• Like 9

My level 3 Iron Mine stores 900, or presumably produces 300 per day, which requires 100 Labor Hours (LH) per day to mine.

My other level 3 facility also seems to take 300 LH to empty out after it hits full storage.

I'm not sure where the discount is, yet.

(The additional 20% in discount for level 3 PC production buildings becomes in the labor hours charged as you move the slider to produce. 1 LH doesn't produce 3x Iron Ore as the GUI implies, because the actual cost as you move the slider is discounted by around 20% from that 1LH => 3x Iron Ore rate. It is about 0.806 LH produces 3x Iron Ore.   (0.806 = 1 / 1.24) )

It is a good thing they added that factor, because the production boost could have used up many more labor hours than expected if it hadn't been adjusted. I could have ended up just a resource producer so as not to waste production banging into the storage limit, rather than only spending 1/3 of my labor hours on resources each day as I had anticipated.

Edited by Capt_Streak

This was posted in global  by "admin Alex". 

"main - disable button reinforcement, change some main nation flags on ships, and if you Invisible or invulnerable - it does not allow to enter the battle"

So no more reinforcements!

yippee ki yay!!!

Edit; Rumours in global chat are that AI Reinforcements are now automatically called. So still AI Reinforcements? :/

Edit 2; The AI Reinforcements that join now are, based on rumours, ships that are passing by the battle. So no more "Magic" AI Reinforcements? 

• Like 3

Edit 2; The AI Reinforcements that join now are, based on rumours, ships that are passing by the battle. So no more "Magic" AI Reinforcements?

I'll be testing this (for science!) later today, but I'd love to see what other people come up with. (Or an official response.)

ooo, one more step toward the full player economy!

very cool!

I think you need to be very careful for what you are asking for.

This is a LARGE map .. with very few players playing traders. Means your supply of anything is going to dry up FAST once it goes to 100% player responsible. Unless of course you plan to go to the WEST side of the map continuously and pick up a lot of goods to deliver them to the various ports of the Eastern/Northern side of the map. I for one don't see that many players filling those roles, even now.

Just an observation  -- I can see this, and I have only been in the game now for 3 weeks. And don't expect those traders to have immunity from raiders, either. I can see this game coming to a grinding HALT, shortly after it goes to a 100% player delivery of goods responsibility. And a large sale of "You want it when? lol ..." or "out of stock" signs!

jus' saying.

Does anyone know the crew and BR states for the new ships? I only ever saw one Ingermanland pre-wipe, it is a large Frigate 450 crew no?

Check the wiki, the BR are on there, the Ingermanland is a 4th/3rd rate ship of the line with 450 crew i believe