Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.65 - Crew and resource production

admin

Sailing A trinc now feels like sailing a Brick.   

WTF happened to turn rate?   My ship will not turn.  Just makes huge circle. 

Player Driven economy ?  No more European traders?   = Prices will go thro the roof.   

Unregulated player economy will inflate prices and ruin the game.  

2 min entry battle, i hate this one.   Now gankers will gank even more. 

When i bought this game i  thot it will be this nice  huge battle's  sailing game. now i need 1 week to prepare and gather enough money, resources  to afford 1 battle. 

Its going down hill for 2h per day player.

Oh the mindgames by switching buy / sell button around.

The only thing im disappointed in.

#Edit:

• Resource production buildings added – buildings can be built only in national towns

As a player of the swedish nation. I am worried about this point.

Edited by Rigge1988

I tried abandoning one outpost but the cost for the 5th one was still 250k

It's not the outposts itself that so expensive it's the rights to do that ........and I couldn't find a way to abandon the rights.

The PERMIT is like extra slot for the outpost. When you abandon an old one, the slot is empty and can be filled with a new outpost for only 10k building cost. Buying another extra slot will cost you 250k or more. 

Oh the mindgames by switching buy / sell button around.

The only thing im disappointed in.

Yes. BUY/SELL is better than SELL/BUY. I do not know why, but it is. 

The PERMIT is like extra slot for the outpost. When you abandon an old one, the slot is empty and can be filled with a new outpost for only 10k building cost. Buying another extra slot will cost you 250k or more. 

hes got it now dont worry...

So far many things look really good. 

What needs to be addressed:

1. Crew assigning. I really hate that the game assigns the % of the crew for me. If i have sailing and gunnery on, i want to decide myself how many are on what task. 
I think right now it's ratio is dependant on the max number. Well, ofc i can allways click on and off to hover around a certain number, but it would be really nice to manually stop the assigning of sailors. Maybe make the button on, off and stop, where the "stop" mechanic would just leave the number how it currently is.

2. About marines. Exceptional marines reduce 50% of your crew and turn them into marines. I REALLY LIKE the idea, that you have a huge downside to a huge bonus. that's what "sidegrading" is, it's awesome. But 50% might be a bit too much. A trinc with 170 sailors is basically unsailable, you cant even fully man your sails then. Maybe reduce the numbers a bit, to like 25%. It's just a tweaking issue.

Other things need testing, will report in more detail once we've got stuff tested out.

You said the broadside hp will change. is that already included in this patch? Because now we will see a drastic change in masthp (ppl are getting lvl 100 for golden reinforced masts) + mastrepair. That will create a whole new balance between masthp and broadsidehp. I think the broadside hp increase would change gameplay for the better. just a "yes, good path" from me.

• Like 1

Yes. The permit is permanent (until server wipe I suppose).

If you purchase 5, you can have 5 outpost at any location. I have personally deleted 4 outpost (prior to this patch), and set them up in New locations.

The only risk you have is deleting items or ships at the old location. Be sure to clean them out....if that is important to you.

You said the broadside hp will change. is that already included in this patch? Because now we will see a drastic change in masthp (ppl are getting lvl 100 for golden reinforced masts) + mastrepair. That will create a whole new balance between masthp and broadsidehp. I think the broadside hp increase would change gameplay for the better. just a "yes, good path" from me.

Nope, the ships have the exact same broadside armor

BTW, why can't we preassign crew? I'd like to start a fight with full sail crew...

BTW nice how the AI still has marines, even though they're not receiving penalties for having them...

Edited by Quineloe

Not liking the patch so far if I'm honest. I know I will get a lot of grief for this (learn to play etc), but I like using the auto skipper, as manual sailing is too much hassle for me. Yes, I am a casual player. My concern? With the changes of today, auto skipper is pretty useless. The boarding change makes it even more uncomfortable; I can't get close if I turn prepare for boarding on, as there will not be enough people on sailing. If I don't turn it on, I won't have them ready to actually do the boarding. So now I'm just sinking everything, which feels like a horrible grind.

Is it normal that crew assigning shows all stations as below maximum by the way, on a fully crewed snow? You'd think that full crew = optimal manning for all stations.

One final point: I do love the new trees!  :D

2. About marines. Exceptional marines reduce 50% of your crew and turn them into marines. I REALLY LIKE the idea, that you have a huge downside to a huge bonus. that's what "sidegrading" is, it's awesome. But 50% might be a bit too much. A trinc with 170 sailors is basically unsailable, you cant even fully man your sails then. Maybe reduce the numbers a bit, to like 25%. It's just a tweaking issue.

marines upgrade color does not matter now. marines quality is all the same now. What changed is the % of crew you take off to take marines instead.

look at the marines % to see if you want it

upgrades range from 10 to 50% of crew. pick the one you feel comfortable with if you are into boarding.

But as far as i know you - you will learn to sail with the 50% one eventually because it is really.... exceptional. If you get the hint ;)

• Like 2

Nope, the ships have the exact same broadside armor

BTW, why can't we preassign crew? I'd like to start a fight with full sail crew...

yea when you tagged a person while being at full sails but now they are fully down..when battle starts...

Edited by Capt. Rice

2 min entry battle, i hate this one.   Now gankers will gank even more. 

When i bought this game i  thot it will be this nice  huge battle's  sailing game. now i need 1 week to prepare and gather enough money, resources  to afford 1 battle. 

Its going down hill for 2h per day player.

I don't understand what you are talking about Captain

2 min entry allows you to attack safer (without worry that 20 ships will enter) if you just scanned the horizon

Money are not a problem. No offence but you are making up stuff now by saying that you need 1 week to prepare money and gather resources to afford 1 battle.

Even 3rd rates and constitution superfrigates are free everywhere - just cap them from NPCs. And one dura 3rd rate can make you a lot of money before it sinks to a random gank.

Or was it a strange metaphor which was disconnected from reality to reinforce some other point?

• Like 4

i hate that i cannot control how many are allocated to boarding, why would i want the max of my ships capacity allocated to boarding a ship with only 20 crew, why can i not keep my sailing untouched and only allocate from gunnery

i hate that i cannot control how many are allocated to boarding, why would i want the max of my ships capacity allocated to boarding a ship with only 20 crew, why can i not keep my sailing untouched and only allocate from gunnery

You can, Switch off the gunnery focus (turn it grey) and all guys from there will move to boarding.

Haha yes, admin, 

I alrdy thought of a trinc with only chasers and yellow marines. Would be quite a beast!

As i said, I really really like the sidegradeing aspect. Huge bonus for Huge malus. But in this case, 50% is just too much. Maybe you could make it 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% instead of 10-50% Because like this the marines are unusable. (although you know i would try, fail, try again, fail, try once more, fail again)

• Crucial bug with cannon influence on speeds fixed (some ships UI speed indicated previously did not take the cannon weight into account).

I don't think this is working correctly. Now ships are about 1 knot slower in battle than they were previously with the same cannons.

PVE money is indeed up quite a lot.

Third Rate 25000 gold

Frigate 8500 gold

Surprise 7000 gold

Renommee 5500 gold

Cerberus 5000 gold

And 50% of that for an assist. On top of the rewards we already made, you can make good money now from fleet grinding or missions. Can fund the PVP expenses that way much more easily.

and about Marines, if you use 50% marines, then your focus obviously is full boarding prep, rest sailing, no guns. You board ships that your group mates have disabled. Since crafting third rates and constis is so much harder now, you'll need to cap more and more of these ships.

Now if only killing a ship through boarding would actually award you that important "kill" bonus...

Edited by Quineloe

Third Rate 25000 gold

Frigate 8500 gold

Surprise 7000 gold

Renommee 5500 gold

Cerberus 5000 gold

And 50% of that for an assist. On top of the rewards we already made, you can make good money now from fleet grinding or missions. Can fund the PVP expenses that way much more easily.

if so im fine with this more money= more pvp in my opinion....

Just thinking on the marine changes. Instead of losing crew perhaps the historical crew should be available BUT also the historical marine compliment's births. 

So historically if a ship has 450 crew and 20 marines all of that space is available and that historical compliment is allowed. However remove the marines and you can have an extra

20 crew. Add more marines than 20 and you start losing crew. That would look better from a historical standpoint than just losing crew from the historical compliment. It would also allow one to have SOME marines without affecting the normal operation of the ship AS was intended by the ship designers. As I understand it now even a small contingent of marines makes the crew less than fully manned and effective?

Another option I would suggest would be allowing somebody to take on soldiers for a short period... just one or two days - for trips to port battles that make the odds of capturing a port higher.

Once the two days are up the ship must dis-embark the invasion soldiers. At Trafalgar for instance a huge amount of extra soldiers were embarked by the French\Spanish fleet iirc to fight the battle. Maybe expand this to having dedicated troop transports that come from AI fleets the player takes. They would be a target for the defenders.

Third Rate 25000 gold

Frigate 8500 gold

Surprise 7000 gold

Renommee 5500 gold

Cerberus 5000 gold

and about Marines, if you use 50% marines, then your focus obviously is full boarding prep, rest sailing, no guns. You board ships that your group mates have disabled. Since crafting third rates and constis is so much harder now, you'll need to cap more and more of these ships.

Now if only killing a ship through boarding would actually award you that important "kill" bonus...

Its double in pvp

• Like 1

Sorry if this opens a can o' worms... But I just got this game last week. and just last night managed to get down to CDR (Camp du Roy). Like me, several other players were blind sided by the abrupt and sudden change to this Ports Re-Setting. As it changed from a free port to a Neutral. There was not any forwarning or communication as to this change. Even in the OP above, which is a COPY of the BIG-update OP, there is not a mention of any port changes from FREE to NEUTRAL or vice versa.

I just spent a good part of my time trying to get to that port, and then finally got it set up, yesterday afternoon (March 9th). There was NOT a forewarning of this change. I looked at all 26 pages of the OP in NEW patches (BIG) -- and only on the last page when someone asks about getting their stuff out, due to this NON -communication of event, is it mentioned.

So! ... will there be a grace period to retrieve items from that port? If not, Will we be compensated for  those items? I had 2 ships and a bunch of commodities in it. I had invested the rate for a 3rd outpost (GOLD; around 50K) just to get in it. Again that was just YESTERDAY! .. and now, I cant even teleport here to retrieve my items. we should be compensated for the lack of warning. As in there was NONE about the port changing that I can find yet. Especially not in the ANNOUCEMENT Section!

I can understand if I was a nationality player, and my port got attacked. But I am not. Nor am I on the PvP server. Why change it on both maps?

Please allow those of us with items in it, to retrieve them or at the least, compensate us, for that communicational oversight.

Respectfully,

-Yank (Aka: Baron von Weisencracker)

Yea that's my problem man, I have 20 notes, another 36 that Im supposed to get in the next few days. now I have over 50 notes and Absolutely no use for them. its ridiculous.

56 notes that now represent 14000 labor hours of a level 35 crafter or better or almost 14 full days of production?

Dear God man, you just became Donald Trump