Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.65 - Crew and resource production

admin

So, you can pay LH and gold to create the resource in your production building. But in general the resource will be more expensive compared to the average NPC prices?

Thats right. Just make your calculations with setting a price for a labor hour used. In example 1 labor hour = 25 "put in a currency here". Usually I am calculating with 1 labor hour = 50 "put in a currency here"

Trading will create an micro economy and will improve team work.

And will leave casual players alone.

here i was thinking that production actually means production i.e. those production buildings once bought fill their storage w/o further action of mine and I only needed to get the iron from the storage.

So I bought an iron mine, only to find out that  I have to pay 156 gold and 1 labour hr to transport 2 iron ore into my storage.

Is it me only who thinks this patch should also have increased labor hours and their gain rate ?

I agree and with only being able to have 5 buildings you have to choose as the hours have not gone up 

ANy labour hour spent, by anyone, on resources is going to slow down the production rates of ships even further... Totally dislike how you have to pay labour hours to get resources from your buildings. I'd prefer having to pay 2x NPC price for a resource from your building and no labour hours.

This is implying that all players were using all their labor hours previously on ship production, which you know isnt the case, a lot of people were just sitting capped on them, not using them because crafting required a fair bit of running around to gather mats.

Those people now have something they can use their hours on that will directly ease their clans crafters burdens.

Edited by Tindahbawx
  • Like 3

ahoy

i see many sailors getting the blues about some changes in crafting..

i play the game only for a month but the way i experienced it , every ship of the game is also produced by npc s and i see them availiable for decent prices all the time..

and since naval action is not a trading or crafting simulation , i dont think that any possible changes in crafting can have a big impact to gameexperience.

i m just guessing but i  see more than 80% of players not crafting at all

the main changes of this patch are focussed on combat which i appreciate .

so dear captains join the small and big battles and meet me there for combat :-) thats why its called naval ACTION :-)

Not every ship, and only basic quality applies to NPC ships. 

If there will be not enough player produced goods, they won't do it, or only for a necessary degree. Construe, not just read, before you post.

• NPC production will stay on its current level and will be gradually decreased over time to fully player dependent economy

do you think that there aren't only big team?

there are also lone player who have the pleasure to fight, craft , commerce...but now this kind of player can do only one.

if i become a crafter, my game is login - read how many LH i have - look if someone wants ships - build ship - log out to recharge LH in 1 day - stop playing.

if i become a builder, i can't...cause i don't have so much money to buy buildigns , buy my own resource extraction and a ship to sail port to port to sell...so my game become login - sail from A to B - sell - come back to pay for new resources and repeat

if i become a figther, i have to wait months until someone has sufficient LH to craft my ship...because i never craft anything so i cannot upgrade and i can't go over liv 1-2 amount of LH, or produce some stuff needed for ship-crafting to help crafter to produce my ship...so my game become login- grind grind grind - logout (1st day) - login - grind grind grind - logout (2nd day) ecc ecc....

once again lone player are non considered.

solution is simple: no money and no LH for resources of player (if i produce apples, i don't pay the tree to produce...maybe just a farmer to gather that fruit). OR...different LH from crafting LH and 1/10 of cost for resource, or maintain the same cost but non for only 1 unit but for 20 or 30.

eliminate buying contract!!! people with 30-40 CN have destroyed game for other players buying all stock in every port...you can buy only if the resource is present and you are in the same port with this resource.

You dont need to focus on only 1 thing. You can craft a ship from your labor hours, put it on sale then go out and fight. You only need to choose between efficient crafting or efficient resource production.

Edited by kumisz

A big issue I see is the migration of crafters back to major capitals. Why spend 800K+ on a lvl3 shipyard, when the port could be taken in a day? At least you could export your resources from the captured port warehouse before server maintenance before this change. Everything else seems very good, I just think the shipyard, and level of notes make crafting a lot harder.

there are also lone player who have the pleasure to fight, craft , commerce...but now this kind of player can do only one.

if i become a crafter, my game is login - read how many LH i have - look if someone wants ships - build ship - log out to recharge LH in 1 day - stop playing.

if i become a builder, i can't...cause i don't have so much money to buy buildigns , buy my own resource extraction and a ship to sail port to port to sell...so my game become login - sail from A to B - sell - come back to pay for new resources and repeat

if i become a figther, i have to wait months until someone has sufficient LH to craft my ship...because i never craft anything so i cannot upgrade and i can't go over liv 1-2 amount of LH, or produce some stuff needed for ship-crafting to help crafter to produce my ship...so my game become login- grind grind grind - logout (1st day) - login - grind grind grind - logout (2nd day) ecc ecc....

solution is simple: no money and no LH for resources of player (if i produce apples, i don't pay the tree to produce...maybe just a farmer to gather that fruit). OR...different LH from crafting LH and 1/10 of cost for resource, or maintain the same cost but non for only 1 unit but for 20 or 30.

eliminate buying contract!!! people with 30-40 CN have destroyed game for other players buying all stock in every port...you can buy only if the resource is present and you are in the same port with this resource.

Why log off ??? Craft or Produce and go FIGHT :) All your production and craft are for just one purpose : fighting, well use them

And really, the game is designed to be played as team, like all multi-player games... I can't understand how some ppl can buy an mmo game in order to be a lone wolf :/

Edited by charognard666

good point.

but i think you can build buildings in neutral towns

Only shipyards.

This is a multiplayer game sir.  One person isn't supposed to be able to do it all.  :)

Team up with some other people and rule the market!

I hate to be that guy...but:

• Battle entry timers reduced to 2 minutes. This is a very important change - you will be able to pick the place of attack better and if you don't see enemy sails on the horizon you will be safer

For the love of god why, people already borderline exploit the timer. I dont particularly care about PVE although its going to suck if your group is split up but the timer needs to be removed completely in pvp battles it has no place in the game. Imagine sailing across the open sea hearing cannons and right when you arrive to assist your fleet some invisible walls stops nelson in his tracks saying battle closed. -.-

Other then that looks brilliant.

Edited by Dalriaden
  • Like 3

ahoy

i see many sailors getting the blues about some changes in crafting..

i play the game only for a month but the way i experienced it , every ship of the game is also produced by npc s and i see them availiable for decent prices all the time..

and since naval action is not a trading or crafting simulation , i dont think that any possible changes in crafting can have a big impact to gameexperience.

i m just guessing but i  see more than 80% of players not crafting at all

the main changes of this patch are focussed on combat which i appreciate .

so dear captains join the small and big battles and meet me there for combat :-) thats why its called naval ACTION :-)

you really must not notice that NPC ships are for noobs. If you are still buying NPC ships after rank 3  you are doing it wrong.

Edited by David Batista
  • Like 1

This is implying that all players were using all their labor hours previously on ship production, which you know isnt the case, a lot of people were just sitting capped on them, not using them because crafting required a fair bit of running around to gather mats.

Those people now have something they can use their hours on that will directly ease their clans crafters burdens.

You really think, those people you were talking about are getting bothered with the economy now? Because of this patch? Really? Can I have some of your pills please? ;)

For the love of god why, people already borderline exploit the timer. I dont particularly care about PVE although its going to suck if your group is split up but the timer needs to be removed completely in pvp battles it has no place in the game. Imagine sailing across the open hearing cannons and right when you arrive to assist your fleet some invisible walls stops nelson in his tracks saying battle closed. -.-

Long timer was discouraging small scalle PvP and commerce raiding, as the guy you attacked could just call in reinforcements from quite a distance away and still have them able to get to the fight.

The oceans are supposed to be big.

You really think, those people you were talking about are getting bothered with the economy now? Because of this patch? Really?

Yes, of course, because its far easier to put down 5 production buildings in the same port and only have to come to them to collect once every couple of days, as opposed to the endless running about and contract management you need to do as a crafter.

Edited by Tindahbawx
  • Like 2

Why log off ??? Craft or Produce and go FIGHT :) All your production and craft are for just one purpose : fighting, well use them

And really, the game is designed to be played as team, like all multi-player games... I can't understand how some ppl can buy an mmo game in order to be a lone wolf :/

not play against an IA as an example? .... I disagree team being a must,  teams are a benefit of course , socializing on the other hand it IS a need.... but the system allows for non-team players, the system only does not allow one player to make ALL things (i.e. so you have to enter the social part, this is why it is called MMO) ... but that allows for a lone player to chose a production niche and sell its produced wares at a good profit, then buying ships from other players/IA default traders (if offer is not sufficient).  

Only shipyards.

This is a multiplayer game sir.  One person isn't supposed to be able to do it all.   :)

Team up with some other people and rule the market!

Wich is not possible due to the current and upcoming mechanics.

For the love of god why, people already borderline exploit the timer. I dont particularly care about PVE although its going to suck if your group is split up but the timer needs to be removed completely in pvp battles it has no place in the game. Imagine sailing across the open hearing cannons and right when you arrive to assist your fleet some invisible walls stops nelson in his tracks saying battle closed. -.-

The issue is that with a 5 minute timer (or no timer), people can sail from well beyond sight range due to time compression in the open world and unexpectedly tip  the scales in one side's favor. That kills frigate actions and commerce raiding because reinforcements can sail from Jamaica to Cuba and still get into the battle. The shorter  timer means what you see in OW is what  you get in battle, and that's the way it should be.

• Like 2

There is no other choice on PvE. Currently eg there are 145 players online and those are distibuted over a huge map and several nations. You have to be extremely lucky simply to find somebody to team up with.

And patches like the one we discuss won't improve that situation, since increasing grind never got mor players into a game.