Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 French (OMG) & Swedes (BORK) gank or extort

RURickJames

it's a shame, the french, swedes and pirates have all joined together.  Is suspicious that the pirates decided to go swedish and french but still help each other in the end.. why not just stay pirate? very fishy.

Edited by Lord Roberts

subject says it all

11 ship mixed squadron (consisting of 3rd rates down) of OMG & BORK players ganked lone Dane travelling to Vieques

Lead OMG player demanded payment

We do not condone those actions but all is fair in war and with the Danes sighting with the British Empire u sir are fair game

With all our love

[bORK]

I had some Brit try and tell me they were taking all these ports in PR and northern isles for the Danes.

They just scared of Freedom Zerg and want to scrape bottom of barrel.

Is ok, I kinda am too...  :mellow:

But there like 16 Borkers total, stiffen those pixels lads and go fight yanks.

Edited by Poe

If the Dane's would seriously like to talk about port terms. Then I am open to talks. However, Information was given to me that states the Danes do not have enough players online at any time to successfully defend a port, nor even take a port.

On the subject at hand, you are sailing in a warzone and in the Open World. If you do not want to get attacked, lose your ship, or be threatened, then I suggest you stay in port.

it's a shame, the french, swedes and pirates have all joined together.  Is suspicious that the pirates decided to go swedish and french but still help each other in the end.. why not just stay pirate? very fishy.

haha wut?   The french and pirates joined together? Open your eyes mate.  We have taken all their ports in the last couple days.  

Edited by Michel de Toulouse

However, Information was given to me that states the Danes do not have enough players online at any time to successfully defend a port, nor even take a port.

Aye, the Danes lost most of their player base quite a while ago I heard. And why do the British Empire feel so strongly about defeating a nation with only 18 players? 

Furthermore, why are ports in puerto rico to be given to the Danes? Have we forgotten that they took it from the Spanish? So why are you not restoring the ports of it's original owners. At least be honest and say you Brits would just like to take them instead of spinning a tale.

• Like 1

my primary point is the impact of ganking or extorting low level/irrelevant players

the player base of this game will never expand with this kind of attitude

I have literally seen a half dozen players just quit in the last week alone due to this

my primary point is the impact of ganking or extorting low level/irrelevant players

the player base of this game will never expand with this kind of attitude

I have literally seen a half dozen players just quit in the last week alone due to this

A.there is a pve server if you dont want to get ganked

B. We wouldnt be up here ganking if the brits weren't trying to run the swedes out of town

Edited by omgeulogy

A.there is a pve server if you dont want to get ganked

B. We wouldnt be up here ganking if the brits weren't trying to run the swedes out of town

A. Poor argument when defending ignominious behavior.  Seal clubbing is just that, seal clubbing.

B. Another poor argument.  Where were you when the Swedes & Brits ran the Danes out of town? If your statement were true, then the Sqdn would have attacked one of the literally dozens of Brit ships in the area at the time.  Instead they chose to attack one of the sole Dane players left on the server.

Don't obfuscate the situation

Edited by RURickJames

A. Poor argument when defending ignominious behavior.

B. Another poor argument.  Where were you when the Swedes & Brits ran the Danes out of town? If your statement were true, then the Sqdn would have attacked one of the literally dozens of Brit ships in the area at the time.  Instead they chose to attack one of the sole Dane players left on the server.

Actions demonstrated true character.  No need to obfuscate the situation

A. makes you sound like a bitch which proves my point that you should be on the pve server

B. the brits are allied with the danes (you) against the swedes so if you want to go have a cry somewhere go have to the danish leadership  that got you into this mess and also maybe the brits who couldn't keepe thier end of a treaty. Oh and all those brits are dead aswell

Edited by omgeulogy

ok i am confused... when i see that screen shot all i see is a OMG privateer demanding gold from a dane but the dane is just posting in Team chat... was he talking to some one else in the battle on his team because he was defiantly not talking to the OMG player...

For future knowledge you actually have to hit tab why typing to post to all or your just screaming to your self.

regarding France consorting with pirates... arh if you count taking 11 ports in 2 days consorting then yes... 

OMG used to be pirates but joined the French as Privateers..  just for those who dont know what a privateer is...

privateer (sometimes called corsair or buccaneer) was a private person or ship authorized by a government by letters of marque to attack foreign vessels during wartime, and take them as prizes. Captured ships were subject to condemnation and sale under prize law, with the proceeds divided between the privateer shipowners and crew. Privateering was a way of mobilizing armed ships and sailors as naval auxiliaries.

Historically, the distinction between a privateer and a pirate has been blurred, sometimes depending on the source as to which label was correct.[1] At times, pirates sought dubious government sanction to operate under a veil of legitimacy.

regarding the dane Sweedish war as far as most french are concerned we were happy to just let them duke it out for some fun. i think OMG only got involved when the brits did. OMG have very very very strong feelings regarding big guy beating on a little guy.

regarding the brits us French have major concerns with any shifts to the east as we have only just starting to finish off the pirates and we have the Yanks taking ports up in the NW now we see brits moving in. so i think the brits can expect some heavy French patrolling in the buffer zone of sweeden/denmark. 

this is not so much to fight off the danes as to prevent Brits Eastward marching.

this is by no means a war more a statement for the brits to keep out.... we already had 1 zerg come for our lands we are not about to sit around on our hands and allow another to just walk in and take there place.

Edited by mandrake

It is as the legendary Commodore Slamz once said,

'If you don't kill the few who first show up, you'll be fighting them by the hundreds next week.'

It is true when fighting any larger foe. The French learned this truth from their previous experience with the pirates. The Swedes are learning this truth from their current experience with the British. And the British have yet to learn anything from the pirates.

Edited by ajffighter86

A. Poor argument when defending ignominious behavior.  Seal clubbing is just that, seal clubbing.

Don't obfuscate the situation

Oh, we were all guns on the Brits, too. You and yours were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Let's put it into perspective: there was a port battle immediately previous in that area. We had been killing a whole raft of Brits. I think our last, admittedly, fuzzy count was six Brit third rates, a couple of constitutions, four-five Trincomolees and a whole mess of other, smaller frigates. Our final battle of the night can be found on Reddit- I need to talk to OP about taking screengrabs after everyone exits the battle. To say we weren't killing the Brits is absurd.

Now- regarding the extortion thing- Renown is our window-licking SPED. God love him, because otherwise, only his really loud, talkative cat does. To top it off, you forgot to "tab". So as far as he knew, you ignored him.

So, silly of you to come post here, and even sillier to accuse us of not doing precisely what we did from 2000-0200EST.

ok i am confused... when i see that screen shot all i see is a OMG privateer demanding gold from a dane but the dane is just posting in Team chat... was he talking to some one else in the battle on his team because he was defiantly not talking to the OMG player...

For future knowledge you actually have to hit tab why typing to post to all or your just screaming to your self.

I noticed this too. I figured OP must have just been talking to himself because he didn't know that blue text = your team only, and white text = everyone in battle (both sides).  I imagine he was getting increasingly frustrated that the "answers" he was getting were not in any way related to the statements he was making.

I wonder how long OP has been doing this, talking to himself during fights?  It's a good thing we friendly and helpful French are here to help educate players on how to play the game properly.

I personal welcome our new Feline empowered overlord of OMG.

Bout time we decided something without have a drink off followed by a stabbing round here.

All kidding aside (and that sure as hell was a joke Renown) open pvp, ganking, extorting are all parts of games like this,  you work with your mates or you die alone, just how it is.

• Like 1