Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 French (OMG) & Swedes (BORK) gank or extort

RURickJames

I'm trying to follow this thread but a few things just seem so simple I don't understand.

If the British want the Danes back in the game why don't you give them their ports back?the nation isn't viable if it doesn't have the minimum resource ports.

If there are like 20 players now playing the Dutch they are a perfect match for the 20 Swedes. They could have a lot of fun if the rest of us stayed out of it.

So far the only thing that has happened, just from an observers points of view:

Swedes declared war on Britain and patrol the coast of Haiti. But do not attempt to capture any ports. Just OW pvp fun.

Several British clans ventured East of Haiti possibly for ow pvp fun.

the British took several Danish ports from the Danes, PvT?

The British took a few ports from the Swedes. The Swedes can't even fill a PB.

Some Brits say they want to help the new Danes but they don't give them any ports back.

Some British ships are found attacking French noob players off Fort a Royal for OW pvp fun.

OMG French go North to help even the odds for the Swedes. They run across a Dane and have some OW pvp fun with him.

My Conclusions:

Some good natured British players probably really do want to help the new Danes.

Some British are acting as colonial expansionist taking a number ports both Dane and Swede.

As long as the colonial expansionist Brits kept pushing East without explanation it's going to start provoking a lot French. Which may be their real goal. British clans pushing East and attacking French were WIS and DCA that I have noticed.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

I don't really think they care about the Danes Bach, these clans are the "second stringers" of the British war machine that don't have the chops to fight the freedom zerg, but still want to feel like they are pvp'rs.

I don't care myself,  I would rather be fighting Americans in truth, but as I said before, Hati a much closer sail for us than Florida.

Danes and Swedes can work it out, until then I putting the murder to every Brit I can east of Haiti.

I would council that they Swedes set the timer on one port at a time, cause Brits are even less trustworthy than pirates on this server.

So the easiest solution to all of this...... swedes need to set the port timers so the danes can get back their ports.... 

ah yes that is exactly what has been said in another ports somewhere on this forum but a possible requirement for that to happen would be that the current danes stop all hostilities towards the swedes and any other demands

just gotta find that one diplo person in the Danish people, whenever they are online

And as Poe stated spchancey with your kind around this subject is going to be not just a simple task

Oh, we were all guns on the Brits, too. You and yours were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Let's put it into perspective: there was a port battle immediately previous in that area. We had been killing a whole raft of Brits. I think our last, admittedly, fuzzy count was six Brit third rates, a couple of constitutions, four-five Trincomolees and a whole mess of other, smaller frigates. Our final battle of the night can be found on Reddit- I need to talk to OP about taking screengrabs after everyone exits the battle. To say we weren't killing the Brits is absurd.

Now- regarding the extortion thing- Renown is our window-licking SPED. God love him, because otherwise, only his really loud, talkative cat does. To top it off, you forgot to "tab". So as far as he knew, you ignored him.

Actually a useful post.  I was not aware of Brit-French battles taking place in the area, nor was I aware that the French believe the handful of Danes remaining are aligned with the Brits (BTW, AFAIK the few Danes left aren't aligned with anyone).  That explains the attack.  Also, to be clear, in my battle, there were no Brits; just little ol'me.  Noted; next time I need to screencap the player listings.

Also, thanks to all about the chat/tab thing.  I was not aware of this either.  Even with weeks of playing this, I still find new things about the UI that aren't clear.

• Like 1

I'm trying to follow this thread but a few things just seem so simple I don't understand.

If the British want the Danes back in the game why don't you give them their ports back?the nation isn't viable if it doesn't have the minimum resource ports.

If there are like 20 players now playing the Dutch they are a perfect match for the 20 Swedes. They could have a lot of fun if the rest of us stayed out of it.

So far the only thing that has happened, just from an observers points of view:

Swedes declared war on Britain and patrol the coast of Haiti. But do not attempt to capture any ports. Just OW pvp fun.

Several British clans ventured East of Haiti possibly for ow pvp fun.

the British took several Danish ports from the Danes, PvT?

The British took a few ports from the Swedes. The Swedes can't even fill a PB.

Some Brits say they want to help the new Danes but they don't give them any ports back.

Some British ships are found attacking French noob players off Fort a Royal for OW pvp fun.

OMG French go North to help even the odds for the Swedes. They run across a Dane and have some OW pvp fun with him.

My Conclusions:

Some good natured British players probably really do want to help the new Danes.

Some British are acting as colonial expansionist taking a number ports both Dane and Swede.

As long as the colonial expansionist Brits kept pushing East without explanation it's going to start provoking a lot French. Which may be their real goal. British clans pushing East and attacking French were WIS and DCA that I have noticed.

Good read, and one that seems to make a lot of sense

Would be nice if the area was a small neutral zone to the big block nations, and the Danes & Swedes left to just have some fun; but, sadly I don't see that happening

Good read, and one that seems to make a lot of sense

Would be nice if the area was a small neutral zone to the big block nations, and the Danes & Swedes left to just have some fun; but, sadly I don't see that happening

Not until we Swedes have some diplomatic talks with the Danish. It is our understanding that the Danes may have a part in the brits activities in this area. We had NO ill will towards the Danes until the nation seemed to disintegrate and we felt it was in our best interest to further the gap between the brits and us. Edited by Chetamista Noud

Not until we Swedes have some diplomatic talks with the Danish. It is our understanding that the Danes may have a part in the brits activities in this area. We had NO ill will towards the Danes until the nation seemed to disintegrate and we felt it was in our best interest to further the gap between the brits and us.

Can't say the remaining Danes have anything going on with the Brits; however, it may appear that way, as a number of the high level Danes that left a few weeks back jumped to the Brit nation (the rest went to play other games).

Perhaps we can benefit having a war zone in the area.  There may be a tiddy sum to be made if we sold ships to both sides....we are mostly low level players, but do have some high level crafters

Can't say the remaining Danes have anything going on with the Brits; however, it may appear that way, as a number of the high level Danes that left a few weeks back jumped to the Brit nation (the rest went to play other games).

Perhaps we can benefit having a war zone in the area.  There may be a tiddy sum to be made if we sold ships to both sides....we are mostly low level players, but do have some high level crafters

I do not know the remaining numbers of Danes left, but as Chet said, we could have some negotiations to keep the Denmark nation sustainable.

Our intentions of capturing Danish ports was to secure resources that we do not have. When it was noticed that the British were also taking ports, we acted quickly to secure our border and subsequently the Danes lost more ports then I had originally planned.

i beleive the French would support the placement of a DMZ in the zone of the Sweeds and Danes.

Also, thanks to all about the chat/tab thing.  I was not aware of this either.  Even with weeks of playing this, I still find new things about the UI that aren't clear.

ya glad we could help

British clans pushing East and attacking French were WIS and DCA that I have noticed.

Monsieur,

Until now, the West Indies Squadron has had nothing but respect for your person, as a well spoken and admirable opponent.  However, today you mean to besmirch Our good name with utter falsities; an act unbecoming of your station and status.  The West Indies Squadron is indeed heading East, however, not once have we initiated combat with the Captains of the French Republic (barring when a couple of cutters engaged Poe today, who was in a Constitution).  Not once have We patrolled French waters in our entire stay in the Lesser Antilles.

As to the claims of aggressive colonial expansion, note that there is a port named ENGLISH Harbour under Swedish control.  When six British Ports are in the clutches of the Swedish Dominion, pray tell, who are the real aggressors?

As to Denmark-Norway, most of the British are in Favor of Returning Danish Ports, especially the West Indies Squadron.  Many British Captains find it deplorable that the Danes have been subjected to conquest by the British and Swedish in equal measure.

To the Captains who have made egregious statements of Swedish weakness, this is a fallacy; admire the successful defense of Pasaje by the Swedish Fleet tonight, wherein 19 Swedes fought well against 20 Britons,  a fine battle indeed.  They are not fighting the entire British Nation, but a frontier force of equal match.

Those of loose tongues and running mouths speak a great quantity detached from reality.

• Like 1

Monsieur,

We free men of the Republic of France know all to well how English monarchs and Noblemen cast aside the needs of ordinary citizens that get in the way of their conquest. I remember the days of French nobles starving people to their own ends. But not in the New Democratic Republic do such things happen. Ordinary colonists have inalienable rights. Rights the West Indes Squadron and its Noble born captains simply ignore.

Is it not true WIS planted colonists throughout the lower Antilles only to abandon them to Buccaneers when it was too much bother to protect them. It was the Captains of the Republic of France that cast out the Pirates and freed the colonists from slavery and torment. Not the WIS. Many loved ones lost and angered at the English King have decided to swear loyalty to the Republic and who could blame them. Abandoned and cast aside by the WIS whom they had entrusted.

Now we see the same fate befalling the Danish and Swedes to WIS imperialism. You plant your flag about with no more thought than that which you stir your tea. Before more colonists suffer such neglect at the hands of ambitious but careless British nobles the French Parliament, First and second consuls have given orders that the Captains of the Garde de Marin Azur police the waters East of Haiti. With the goals to protect the civilians from unnecessary conquest and harm amid the various warring nobles. This action was requested by Pope Pius VII whose nephew was rescued at the former WIS Scarborough colony. A once free Nuetral town of artisans and holy monks, only interested in peace, before being conquered by WIS and abandoned to Pirates.

We are on a mission from his Holiness Pius VII and the democratic parliament of France. Keep your WIS ships to the West of the Isle of Les Mona.

Hourivour Monsieur Brown,

Captain Sebastian Bach Garde de Marin Azur and citizen of the Republic.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 3

Monsieur,

Until now, the West Indies Squadron has had nothing but respect for your person, as a well spoken and admirable opponent.  However, today you mean to besmirch Our good name with utter falsities; an act unbecoming of your station and status.  The West Indies Squadron is indeed heading East, however, not once have we initiated combat with the Captains of the French Republic (barring when a couple of cutters engaged Poe today, who was in a Constitution).  Not once have We patrolled French waters in our entire stay in the Lesser Antilles.

As to the claims of aggressive colonial expansion, note that there is a port named ENGLISH Harbour under Swedish control.  When six British Ports are in the clutches of the Swedish Dominion, pray tell, who are the real aggressors?

As to Denmark-Norway, most of the British are in Favor of Returning Danish Ports, especially the West Indies Squadron.  Many British Captains find it deplorable that the Danes have been subjected to conquest by the British and Swedish in equal measure.

To the Captains who have made egregious statements of Swedish weakness, this is a fallacy; admire the successful defense of Pasaje by the Swedish Fleet tonight, wherein 19 Swedes fought well against 20 Britons,  a fine battle indeed.  They are not fighting the entire British Nation, but a frontier force of equal match.

Those of loose tongues and running mouths speak a great quantity detached from reality.

Sir,

As you have no doubt been informed, on many an occasion (often over the exchange of cannon fire) the British presence in the area has been deemed intolerable to French interests and those of our allies, the Swedes. That you have been again engaged many times after failing to follow the instructions provided during these events speaks poorly of you and yours.  Quite simply: If the British do not sail *east* of Haiti, they will not be met with gunfire.

If you choose, however, to continue to cross this line of demarcation, we will continue to engage you every time we see you.  We will continue sinking West Indies Squadron vessels, and we will continue to destroy you in detail.  The call is yours to make.  I cannot make it any clearer to you.

However, I personally hope you continue to sail our way in violation and contravention of the above.   I do enjoy a target rich environment.

Warmest Regards,

The Black Knight

Monsieur,

Haiti was French but I see an awful lot of red there. I don't think the British named those ports.

• Like 2

"Many British Captains find it deplorable that the Danes have been subjected to conquest by the British and Swedish in equal measure."

It is your clan that is buying the conquest flag for these ports

Eulogy,

I was very disappointed in your post regarding the West Indies Squadron. Our Squadron has not taken any part in the seizure of any Danish port. We have taken part in one retaken British port, one attempt at a Swedish port, and one captured Pirate port.  I would request that you attempt to be respectful and diligent in your statements, because quite frankly they are without any truth or merit.

As my grandfather was a former sailor in the Caribe, I can say without a doubt that the reason he returned to the Duchy of Courland was because he spent more time defending his good name than commanding his ship.  That said, his legacy is the past and so are his dealings. I firmly believe that if we treat people in the manner they were treated in 1720, then the Caribe will find that same fate as that century did.

Sweden has been a respectable adversary and we tip our hat to them in their defense of Pasaje.  The Danes need to be released as a vassal of Britain, and we have worked diligently with other Fleets and Squadrons of the British Navy to ensure that.  The old French Guard were venerable allies, and sadly we were not able to support them in their endeavors as much as we would have liked.  I believe a lack of trust on both sides led to poor communication in coordination of efforts.

Regards,

Casgar Rovelle

Haiti was French but I see an awful lot of red there. I don't think the British named those ports.

Captain Ajffighter,

An astute observation, it would be even more astute if you made your argument holistic and stated that the there is "an awful lot of green in French Louisiana". Also, to note, I don't recall any French Fleet or Squadron raising any issues regarding the isle of Hispaniola, though, we weren't a part of those engagements as  I am sure some of your countrymen will attest we were attempting to assist you in your engagements with the Anarchists at the time those ports were taken. I would beg Sweden and France to grasp that if you push the small British Squadron out of your waters, who will you have left to engage but each other?  Most of the good Captains in this discussion are not dock-side Admiralty-coattail riders, they are fighters.  Allowing the British a minimal presence would facilitate open sea engagements to all parties benefit.  The question that you have failed to ask is what are we really looking for?  It was fool-hearty for the Anarchists to make an ultimatum to the French, will the French follow the same course of action? 

Kindest Regards,

Casgar Rovelle

It was fool-hearty for the Anarchists to make an ultimatum to the French, will the French follow the same course of action? 

Kindest Regards,

Casgar Rovelle

there are a cupple of diffrences here.

*the pirate conflict*

1. The Pirates came as a zerg into french lands who was a weaker power.

2. the pirates asked for a unreasonable deal (we ceed everything north of cano bay to the pirates.)

3. the french did not start the war with the pirates they were the invaiders.

*The brits expansion*

1. the brits expanded into a weaker nation and have  Ports in striking Distance of French ports.

2. the France has not asked for any thing unreasonable of the Brits.

3. the Brits are a zerg the French are a middle sized nation

4. the French are helping to defend the rights of a smaller nation aganist an zerg nation.

so the chances of the french doing the same as the pirates is rather small if any thing the french are doing this to prevent it ever happening again.

so no matter how you wish to paint this the french have a vaild right to both protect there home waters and provide support to a smaller nation that is at war aganist a larger one.

the combined French/Sweed forces would be bearly half the totaly brit players so i realy find it intresting the brits would try paint us as the new pirate nation.

Edited by mandrake

there are a cupple of diffrences here.

*the pirate conflict*

1. The Pirates came as a zerg into french lands who was a weaker power.

2. the pirates asked for a unreasonable deal (we ceed everything north of cano bay to the pirates.)

3. the french did not start the war with the pirates they were the invaiders.

*The brits expansion*

1. the brits expanded into a weaker nation and have  Ports in striking Distance of French ports.

2. the France has not asked for any thing unreasonable of the Brits.

3. the Brits are a zerg the French are a middle sized nation

4. the French are helping to defend the rights of a smaller nation aganist an zerg nation.

so the chances of the french doing the same as the pirates is rather small if any thing the french are doing this to prevent it ever happening again.

so no matter how you wish to paint this the french have a vaild right to both protect there home waters and provide support to a smaller nation that is at war aganist a larger one.

the combined French/Sweed forces would be bearly half the totaly brit players so i realy find it intresting the brits would try paint us as the new pirate nation.

Sir,

So, in your mind, the entire British Navy is beset upon the Swedes? I would find that thought process highly inaccurate along with being absolutely untrue. I tire of the flippant, baseless remarks made in this discussion. No one is attempting to discuss that the French have a right to do "this or that". Simply, really attempt to listen instead of just shout back at someone actually attempting to have a discussion with you.  I have never said you were the new pirate nation, and in fact I challenge you personally to cite anywhere on these forums in which I stated that. My statement is, the French made a diplomatic decision without ever attempting to discuss it with the British that have and still do sail in the Lesser Antilles without even attempting to truly gather any real information on the situation. My strong assumption would be the the French disposition is based on opinion, fear-mongering, and insatiable lust for a new enemy now that the old enemy has been handsomely paid to be French Corsairs. 

Respectfully,

Casgar Rovelle

Edited by Casgar Rovelle

Discussion was had with a few british representatives, and they confirmed that it is only a small collection of clans, WIS, CN, etc, that are pushing eastwards, and that the rest of britain frowns upon the eastward expansion.

//rp off

Aethlstan,

All the rest of Britain?! Which Fleet and Squadron leaders did you have a formal meeting with as a leader/diplomat?

We have served honorably with most of the British nation against the US and Pirates, and so I would imagine "frowned" would mean that the other members of the British Navy are going to take part in another campaign. So, you (your society) never came to talk to the British Fleet actually here, made a ton of baseless accusations, chatted with some random members of the British Navy that are not Fleet Leaders, and then made an entire thread that had the solidity of a cloud. 

As stated previously several times, WIS has not taken part in any action against the Danish, we are engaged with the Swedish and are evenly matched with them by numbers (and having a great time pvping with Bork by the way).  We are actively engaging other British Fleets and Squadrons to assist the Danes in taking back their provinces in the Caribe. France and her Fleets may do what they will, for I have no bias or perception of her decisions and principles.

Regards,

Casgar Rovelle

If the Dane's would seriously like to talk about port terms. Then I am open to talks. However, Information was given to me that states the Danes do not have enough players online at any time to successfully defend a port, nor even take a port.

On the subject at hand, you are sailing in a warzone and in the Open World. If you do not want to get attacked, lose your ship, or be threatened, then I suggest you stay in port.

Not many danes on "PvP 2 USA"? No wonder... 

• Like 1