Game-Labs Forum

The Day the Pirates went to War - Baracoa

Kutai

On the 25th day of February we the Pirate Nation attacked and captured the British Port of Les Gonaives. This was a late notice collaboration in response to seeing a large British fleet off the east coast of Haiti. 

On the 26th day of February the British Nation formed a large fleet and mobilised an enormous screening group in order to recapture Les Gonaives. Shortly after this happened the British boasted of their unstoppable power due to their 2nd Rated ships and superior numbers.

On the 27th day of February the Pirate Nation went to WAR. The Pirate Coalition in direct response to the British boasting put out a call to its respected Pirate Leaders and held council over the assault. The mighty Russians would provide a distraction and assault the port of Les Gon once more to drag the British blockade away from Baracoa. They would then also run a flag to Peurto Escondido as a secondary distraction. This went without a hitch. With over 40 Russian sailors assaulting the port and attacking the surrounding area. The British took the bait and rallied their fleet to defend. Once tied up, the real attack begun. At 14:20 150+ Pirates set sail. 25 3rd Rates began the assault on Baracoa and a wide screening fleet spread out across the Cuban/Haiti gap. 

With the pieces in place the battle began. Only two British ships made it through the Pirate screen in time to save Baracoa which was captured in a record time of just over 10 minutes. Afterwards, several skirmished and fleet actions took place where the British casualties mounted and several of their flag ships fell to boarding actions.

The Pirates, although victorious also took losses. Although these were to be expected due to the tactics used we raise a glass to our fallen brothers!

Let it be known, We Pirates are not weak, We are not divided, We are not done. We WILL respond to threats and we will do so with a solid fist.

(Good fight British!)

Kuthara

Leader of KotO and founding member of the Pirate Coalition.

Lord Protector of Nassau.

• Like 18

i want say thank you to all clan leaders of the pirates, to every clan who supported the attack and the blockades and fakebattles and especially to kuthara for managing all the clans together.

it was awesome teamwork and a wonderful sign to every other nation that the pirates ARE NOT a bunch of single clans not fighting together. 

we are supporting us and we are not willing to give the littlest thing to brits. 

thank you all it was awesome!

greetings

juergen , leader of DPC 

• Like 1

Well, it's a game, we have a new fictional nation and have to live with it. And a very coordinated one at that. Not that different from "historic" Crusader Kings 2 or Empire: Total War. I congratulate our enemies with their victory and promise a mighty comeback in due course.

Edited by Nathaniel
  • Like 7

Pirate "nation".... Well there's the problem right there... Never heard of them. I looked in all of my encyclopedias an couldn't find a pirate nation anywhere..

Quite possibly the weakest argument I have seen. Firstly this is a GAME.

Secondly if you wish to review history you will find that there were indeed Pirate Nations.

Edited by Kutai

Pirates seem divided to me if you have pirate clans working with the Brits to fight the US and then a pirate coalition to fight the brits, but meh pirates. Kind of highlights why pirates need some changes to how they work as a faction.

There is no pact between the Pirate Nation and the Brits. As far as I am aware a single guild has relations with them and not even everyone within that guild. Also you will find that the Pirate Coalition which is fighting against the Brits is also responsible for organising and capturing the vast majority of the American ports in the Bahamas.

Edited by Kutai

It was a well run operation by the pirates, they did take heavy casualties at gonavives and some other sacrificial units but your screening fleet was effective and fought well. good to have a worthy adversary so close to our heartland. it is far from over!

• Like 6

It was a well run operation by the pirates, they did take heavy casualties at gonavives and some other sacrificial units but your screening fleet was effective and fought well. good to have a worthy adversary so close to our heartland. it is far from over!

We would want it no other way. We look forwards to the fights still to come.

• Like 1

There is no pact between the Pirate Nation and the Brits. As far as I am aware a single guild has relations with them and not even everyone within that guild. Also you will find that the Pirate Coalition which is fighting against the Brits is also responsible for organising and capturing the vast majority of the American ports in the Bahamas.

So...like I said working with the brits, I didn't say a formal pact, lol, but...Good job at Saint Nic.

Edited by Dalriaden

It was good fun, however I am surprised it took so long given the location of Baracoa, just shows how good a job SLRN were doing thus far.

Anyway nice diversion it clearly worked! ;)

SLRN's a good opponent, they organise well and hit hard. The vast majority of them are respectful in chat too, even in defeat.

Wouldn't have it any other way!

• Like 2

SLRN's a good opponent, they organise well and hit hard. The vast majority of them are respectful in chat too, even in defeat.

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Not many of the other british clans get on well with them but having been involved in some of the things they and other clans have organised together it's hard not to respect what they're capable of pulling off. 

The loss of Baracoa was annoying but something that had been coming for a while, we had some fun attacking the Spanish and retaking St Nick.

• Like 2