Game-Labs Forum

Hotfixes for several annoying issues

admin

Increasing income and supply at the same time, will create a bump in inflation. Oak was a bit sparse, but I think that gold supply was balanced.

You need to retain significant money sinks, otherwise there is too much money available which has some crazy consequences as port battle spam, absurd prices on the ship and ressource market. I also do not like that grinding missions is made more rewarding. It creates a low risk, high reward situation (pvp and pve servers alike) where other forms of gameplay activities (crafting, open world pvp, battles, port battles) slow down your xp progression and income compared to others.

Alas, let's test it then.

Edited by Jacques de Montagne
  • Like 3

I have to say though, pvp is how this game is trully gonna shine. Playing vs a bot over and over again feels like watching the same movie 100 times in a row. In my honest opinion, pvp's xp needs to be like 10x the pve's xp to alleviate for the wasted time finding a target/chasing him around. But that's just how I feel about it. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Edited by RockNRollMachine
  • Like 2

Yeah, first patch i've really though 'wtf?' Mission rewards were already decent and, with almost no gold sinks, upping them this much is crazy.

Also dislike the repair at sea buff. You've close on doubled the amount, why so much? Combined with the buff to missions this will result in people grinding out gold and xp very quickly, is that really what you want? It also stands to have a real impact on pvp. Repair at sea has now been made quicker and much much cheaper. People will spam repair kits post battle and then attack again straight away with no consideration.

Honestly, and I hate to say this, it feels as if you are suddenly pandering to the very vocal whines on Steam. Please don't.

The Increase of Oak and Fir log was very much needed!

The Rest wasnt sooo bad.

• Like 1

Guys what are you doing? there is no reason to play at PVP server now....

Better mission rewards doesn't mean less PvP. After all, what are you going to do with all that extra money you earn aside from going and shooting up some nationals? :)

Sure you could horde it, but for what purpose?

• Like 1

You are here from December :)

Veterans know that wild swinging changes are best to find the right balance. Mistakes if they are made are easy to revert back. 

It was nothing to do with length of time in game, and yes I know what bracketing is. There have been some very vocal complaints from a few new players on the Steam forum about missions being too hard, too grindy and repairs being too expensive. The reason I specified steam is that many, of not all, the complaints there tend to be of a far less constructive and well considered nature than those generally posted on this forum.

You know as well as I do that with things like repair costs (as with the whole teleport issue) people react badly to having something taken away or reduced, even if it was part of a wider process. Anyway, if you guys are saying you're not caving to the whiners I believe you, but I'm still of the opinion that these changes are close to, if not past, the upper limit of bracketing :)

• Like 1

Honestly, and I hate to say this, it feels as if you are suddenly pandering to the very vocal whines on Steam. Please don't.

Seen it a thousand times and each time thousands of players leave the game. This game won't survive long if this keeps up.

I do think the Gold for missions is a tad much, the xp boost is fine as it helps for when you solo and no friends are on however the gold just makes it so going out hunting for Big fleets for the huge xp/gold gain abit less of a incentive to do

Now i can do 5 missions and get about 100k which is mad 

However we'll see i know you guys like the change stuff around alot.

• Like 1

Hemp crisis incomming

It defiantly will, currently the only usable resource left that's not overflowing on the market.

Thousands? don't exaggerated.

ive seen it a few times but thousands did leave the games. look at reign of kings for example.

Thank God for the increase in fir and oak. More gold was a nice extra (and if you think gold is useless you're missing the plot big time). Like the at sea repairs boost as well. All around I'm liking this hot patch. :)

congrats, you no longer have to actually fight or make an effort to get your resources, HOW FUN! There is only one thing in game which has ANY value now and it's your labor hours.. bleh

Edited by Gatsu
  • Like 2

I pvp for the blood not for the xp. 

You do it, so do I.

But do you think that people play missions for the AI blood, too? No they play them for the money and xp. So if pvp was a true alternative earning money, they would engage more in it! The risk/reward equation is far better for missions than pvp now and this influences everyone. I cannot dedicate my ingame hours to pvp for instance since this is not sustainable, while missions are :)

• Like 4

The only changes I like is the increase chance of canon loss and the xp buff. The game is becoming some big missions fest for casual players. 

You are exiting from battle with one mast. Good - now instead of going to port you just use one repair kit. It's just so "realistic". Casuals are happy. The ony bad thing - you can't call your game simulator any more. It's more and more remind me some cheap arcades like WoWS. Thank you!

More money for missions - it was already a lot. I am new (played since early access on steam), I am capt-leut, I already have exceptional Frigate crafted for captency and 400k gold. Cause there is really like no gold sink (except for flag crafters). 

You are ruining large fleet PvP. Even now on PvP servers a lot of people just grind missions. Now they will be grinding more. Greeat!

P.S. "Hello, inflation"!

P.P.S And I sincerely hope you wil revert this back.
  • Like 4

Captains

2 things

1) calm down

2) if patches cause problems it will be fixed

If there is too much cash there are always ways to remove it. by reverting the changes that were wrong, increasing repair costs, assault flags etc etc.

Perhaps mission rewards should be changed back to the following structure. 

5000 money reward for all levels and reduced xp (to levels a bit higher than before)

This will then provide more options to buy new vessels and upgrade them for lower level solo players, while keeping everything the same for the Captains of the higher rank.

• Like 7

Few remarks :

You increase rewards for missions , good thing for those focusing on combat, bad things for traders and crafter's :

You make 11K gold for a basic mission ... way more for high ranks , so now what's left for real traders and crafters ??

People will do a few missions, get tons of gold, put insane load of money in the flawed contracts system that needs to get reviewed quickly so only 25% of the production per day of a city, or even less, can go into contracts, the other 75% into the shop no matter the contracts prices, and quantities possible to be put in contracts heavily reduced too.

Now people will swim in gold by doing missions and battles and while still in them fighting ships they will be able to abuse contracts and put insane amount of money per units and on large quantities all around ... Once contract is ready they just will have to spend a couple of hours to collect everything then make the markets starve again and crafter out of resources...

Real traders who go from ports to ports sometimes very far away far will get screwed, they won't get the power to invest as much money as those doing combats only, we will find shops empty again and again ...

Crafters ... Who cares right ? The materials speculation and inflation of prices will be even more terrible than before, i won't surprise me to see prices doubled within one week for basic resources, with all the gold people get in battles they just have to focus on putting contracts and collecting them, it will take very few time and let them continue to accumulate gold doing combats...

Of course you can raise the selling prices of the ships but who's gonna buy a ship having his selling price doubled or more when it will take you 2-3 little battles at low rank to get a basic snow at 38K in fir or teak and 5 durabilities from npc's at shop ... Who is gonna invest 200K into gold snow when raw materials will have them prices doubled, when they can get kleenex ships for almost nothing ? 

So now you broke up the entire economy making combat extremely profitable , real trading broken, and the cost of materials will inflate a lot with people able to put contracts all around with even more insane quantities and prices per units, thanks to the benefits made in combats ... Like if you didn't saw the effect of speculation on raw crafting materials last weeks, you made changes so it will be worse and ships not able to be sold ...

On the top of this : 

Trading ships speed reduced by 1 knots for every vessel

Thanks... not ... past level 4 we can't have a fleet anymore as trader, we meet a lot of very nice crafted ships having good upgrades added on the top of this, able to catch us in a blink ... and now those upgrades will be even easier to get with gold incomes increased and our ships slower ... Like if economics changes weren't enough to kill real traders, those not abusing the flawed contracts system ...

Not happy at all to see how you flip the entire economy of the game and render real trading or crafting completely useless and probably extremely difficult and not a single change on the flawed contract system making one single player with lot of money able to suck all the production of a few cities ... alone,  just because he have plenty of cash and now even more will be able to do it .

Thanks for the oak log production increased by 3 but i doubt i will see more logs available when more people can put 100K contracts on those resources, very disappointed as a solo trader/crafter who have to work hard to get resources to release a ship ....

Edited by Kanay
  • Like 5

congrats, you no longer have to actually fight or make an effort to get your resources, HOW FUN! There is only one thing in game which has ANY value now and it's your labor hours.. bleh

When did you ever have to "fight" before? The only "fight" you ever had was tedious buy contract wars against your own faction members which only rewards the price gougers as they are the only ones earning such insane profits to proliferate to such stupid prices per unit. Or perhaps your "fight" is the drawn out inevitable chase of an AI trader who is too stupid to know he is already captured.

Until they remove the ability to teleport back with a hold full of goods the only traders you catch in the open world with something in their hold are the utterly stupid or come with a very organised protection force.

If they want to encourage general PvP they need to give people something to fight over, resources(traders) should be one of those. Instead the only ones you find are going to be empty on their way to the resources before using the teleport back to home base to sell for the best prices.

PvP outside of port battles is just stupid at the moment anyway. Reinforcement range is huge, I shouldn't be able to call them anywhere even remotely near Mortimer Town as a British player but the option has been there. Unless you find the odd clan who want the honourable fight the entire thing descends into "oh no I'm a weak newbie, please don't gank me" -Call reinforcements- -Friends hiding in port dive on top- *Enemy team runs away*. Lets all spend 40 minutes running down a ship or two, oh the fun.

The XP doesn't compete due to the time to get a fight so you are on the losing end of the XP arms race to bigger ships which is then just a downwards spiral to getting a fight as you end up behind the curve and with no reason to fight anything you don't have parity / advantage in why bother at all seems to be the majority approach.

The things you "get" from OW PvP:

XP - Not comparable due to infrequent battle supply

Gold - Easier to farm in missions

Fun/Challenge - If you find that one group that stays to fight because it is near balanced and not a zerg fest on one side or the other yes but amount per hour played is extremely low.

Edited by MalakithSkadi

I think increasing the Mission rewards is a good idea and i like how it is now.

But if you so many pvp player complain about it here is an easy fix for it

seperate the pve server from all the pvp servers bam easy and make no rewarding mission that give no gold no xp for the pvp players because thats what they want

and give us on the pve server where this is one of the main ways to rank up the higher xp and gold missions like they are now

When did you ever have to "fight" before? The only "fight" you ever had was tedious buy contract wars against your own faction members which only rewards the price gougers as they are the only ones earning such insane profits to proliferate to such stupid prices per unit. Or perhaps your "fight" is the drawn out inevitable chase of an AI trader who is too stupid to know he is already captured.

Until they remove the ability to teleport back with a hold full of goods the only traders you catch in the open world with something in their hold are the utterly stupid or come with a very organised protection force.

If they want to encourage general PvP they need to give people something to fight over, resources(traders) should be one of those. Instead the only ones you find are going to be empty on their way to the resources before using the teleport back to home base to sell for the best prices.

PvP outside of port battles is just stupid at the moment anyway. Reinforcement range is huge, I shouldn't be able to call them anywhere even remotely near Mortimer Town as a British player but the option has been there. Unless you find the odd clan who want the honourable fight the entire thing descends into "oh no I'm a weak newbie, please don't gank me" -Call reinforcements- -Friends hiding in port dive on top- *Enemy team runs away*. Lets all spend 40 minutes running down a ship or two, oh the fun.

well, at least that was something, now you don't have to do anything. In a few hours we'll be overflowed with oak and fir just as we are today with iron since last patch.

Perhaps mission rewards should be changed back to the following structure. 

5000 money reward for all levels and reduced xp (to levels a bit higher than before)

Doubt you will find many people asking for the reduction in XP back to what it was, that part of it seems about balanced. Its the gold increase that's the issue, increasing it by ~4 times is very over the top, given we have very little gold sinks as the game stands it will cause issues even if its only live for 1 day as its such a massive boost for player earnings.